Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

I`m getting braces in 2 weeks.. Does it hurt alot?
what should I do to prepare myself and what should I expect
Additional Details
how long do you think im going to have them on...I only ...

Which Gum is best...?
In your opinion what is the best gum to chew...?...

What is a natural alternative to tooth paste?

How long will my braces hurt?
i am in so much pain and i havent even eaten since monday!...

If I have a dream about all my teeth falling out; what does it mean?
Will your answer change if there was blood coming from any other orifice?...

How do you skip and chew gum at the same time?

Please help..very very bad toothache?
i have had toothache since saturday so i rang the dentist yesterday,but they couldnt fit me in til today.so ive been taking painkillers,clove oil on it.nothing has even eased the pain.so i went to ...

Baby teeth is it normal at 16?
Hey all my molars and a few other teeth are still baby teeth? is this normal? I was told by the dentist that i wud have them all pulled out....but keeps telling me this..and that i shud have braces ...

Dentist! are they called doctors??
do a dentist have Dr. in from of their names
just curious because i never noticed it
Additional Details
i am aware that they are ...

What color Braces bands should I get?
I am Getting my braces on tomorrow and I was wondering If anyone had any suggestions I was kinda thinkin Blue N Pink!
Any Suggestions I will greatly appreciate! ...

Ways to get rid of bad breath (not the obvious ones)?

Is there anyone else out there petrified of the dentist??
i have to admit, i never used to look after my teeth and always refused to go to the dentist! i regret it now coz my teeth are now ******! i am in a waitin list now for a hospital to have my bad ...

I had a weird experience at a dentist office and am not sure what to do regarding this situation.?
the dental assistant was completely unprofessional, but not at all rude to me. she started slamming and banging the mouse button keys on the laptop when it wasn't doing what she wanted. Being ...

About how long will this take to get braces off if i have teeth like this:(pic.)?
here is a pic
ttp://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq16...
Additional Details
http://i443.photobucket....

Is it bad to smoke while your wearing tooth whitener strips?

POLL: How many times per day do you brush your teeth?
I do 3-4 ...

How much time do you brush your teeth everyday?

Do you brush your teeth everyday?
common be honest. what make you skip brushing your teeth the day you didn't....

Which is worse chewing or smoking?

Wisdom Teeth?
The dentist wants to pull out my wisdom teeth. Is this a wise thing to do? What's gonna happen if I leave 'em in, anyway? Any advice?! Past experiences??? Thanks :)...

Miley J
Braces!!!????
Does anyone the average cost of braces???

nick_name137
who know call ur dentist dude

Sarah P
The cost of your braces depend on several things. Where you live is a big one, although orthodontists in the same town often charge different rates. How long they estimate your treatment will take and what kind of treatment you choose are also factors. Invisalign is more expensive than normal metal brackets and cannot be used to treat every orthodontic case. Things like clear brackets are also more expensive. I'd say you are looking at $3000 and up for treatment. Call your insurance company before you see a doctor to check on your orthodontic coverage.

Olivia
Yeah somewhere areound 3000, but it depends on how hosed up your teeth are. i had to have a jaw widening appliance as well as braces and that costed about 3600.

prsmiley725
Mine were 5000, but it all depends on an array of factors like: overbite, overjet, underbite, crookedness, etc

Aash
around $5000. i'm pretty sure because i live on that east coast and got them for that much, and so did my family on the west coast.

?
It really depends in large part on where you live! Hollywood for example would be far more expensive than say, South Bend, Indiana. I think your best bet would be to call a couple of dentists in your area and ask them to ball park the dollar amount for you. Also you do not have to go with the metal braces any more. The "Invisa-line" clear plastic-type braces are almost attractive. Again ask your Dentist for costs.

tacodot12
Rating
betwween 3000and10000 dollars

linzy
Rating
$3000- 5000

Allusionist
Rating
depending on where u live and who ur orthodontist is, the features (invisible, bands etc...)... I got mine done for $5000

plus692002
Rating
anywhere from a couple thousand up to ten thousand dollars cnd

cinney
It depends. Back when I had braces there was no such thing as "phases". You got your braces and wore them for the treatment time then got a retainer, the end. Well now the orthodontists want to treat the teeth in "phases". Lots of times you start out with a lip bumper (goes between your lower lip and gum so that the teeth can expand outward a little bit) phase one. Then they sometimes use a palate expander, for those kids who have a small mouth, it makes the area larger so that the teeth aren't so crowded...that's phase two. Then there are the braces...phase three. Then the retainer and ending phase. I'm sure not all patients have each of these phases. Some involve headgear worn at night, etc. My daughter needs a few of the phases and it'll run me about 8 thousand dollars. Mine (back in the day) ran 3 thousand dollars.

?
Mine are $4500, call an orthodontist and ask for a free checkup or w.e

dental asst
Rating
You should go for a consult. The cost varies with the length of treatment involved. Most dentists will have a payment plan.

pl61403
$3500 but if you have insurance its FREE!!!!

Aneres
$3000 I hope, I need some too...

replexgirl
Rating
I think mine were something like $3,500. I didn't need anything too serious though. It might depend on how much they have to do and how long you will need to have them on.

AshehNicolex3
Call the orthodontist ,

ohio gal
If you have dental insurance, it usually pays half. Total cost depends what has to be done, the extent of the work that is needed.

Ashanza
It really depends where you get them, what kind, how long and how bad your teeth are. Althought the first few answerers said $3000, mine reached $4000... all cases are different that's why you have to go to the dentist, have a check up.

Grant M
$3000

?
Around 3-5 thousand dollars. Depnds on what kind you get, and how much metal that they have to put in your mouth.

mangotango100
Ask your dentist!! They will tell u whether u need braces or not, the cost, and how to find a good ortho etc. etc. etc.

wlstn47
Rating
about like $4000

Nicole L
Generally between 2,500 and 3,000

♥Sweetburst♥
Rating
Depends on insurance and what the dentist thinks you should have. Mine cost $4200.

?
I am pretty sure mine was 2000-1500 dollars but my teeth were really screwed up so it was probably higher than the average.

Rosilina
Well theres new invisble braces and you might have a different promblem so they might have to put special ones that cost more. So what I mean is that theres different costs for them!

elle s.
Rating
like $3000

zach
mine cost me 2200

hope this helps, you FAT MIDGET.

~Welcome Abigail Grace~
Rating
4,300 just got mine

JoeyJoeJoe
I know the orthodontist I went to gave me a price of $3500 for Invisalign. That's top and bottom teeth. I thought that was pretty good. I was expecting around $6000.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy