Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Omg braces!!!!?
I will be getting braces soon and im totally affraid. I mean yea i want them because my teeth are a mess but i hate pain. I just hate pain. Can someone tell me the process of getting braces and also ...

What if you break your right hand what do you do?

A painful white sore below my gum in my mouth?
i have had it for about 4 days. it is right where my gums end and where my cheek begins. It looks like a cut, but it is white so i didn't know if it was a canker sore. It looks a little ...

My friend has bad breath.?
My friend has bad breath. she told me and i know its kind of true. she said that whenever she brushes her hard pallet and her tongue..is when she can smell it. but it often smells really bad. Some ...

What stains teeth more, coffee or tea?

Scared about Wisdom Teeth Extraction?
I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on Friday and I'm very scared. But more importantly, my boyfriend's father's retirement party is on Saturday and I really want to go. Will I be ...

Is getting your wisdom teeth pulled as bad as I think it is? I will survive right? lol?
Im 25 and my wisdom teeth are KILLING ME! They weren't really bothering me until this year and now the whole left side of my mouth is swollen and infected! Im just such a baby when it comes to ...

Pls answer I am worried?
I have red spots in my mouth, on the roof, and on the inside of ym lips. and i also have white ones like blisters, but really painful, tey are white, and i have surrounded all my mouth. i just woke ...

Whats the best thing to eat after having your wisdom teeth out?

Can you really die from an abscess tooth?

I`m getting braces in 2 weeks.. Does it hurt alot?
what should I do to prepare myself and what should I expect
Additional Details
how long do you think im going to have them on...I only ...

Which Gum is best...?
In your opinion what is the best gum to chew...?...

What is a natural alternative to tooth paste?

How long will my braces hurt?
i am in so much pain and i havent even eaten since monday!...

If I have a dream about all my teeth falling out; what does it mean?
Will your answer change if there was blood coming from any other orifice?...

How do you skip and chew gum at the same time?

Please help..very very bad toothache?
i have had toothache since saturday so i rang the dentist yesterday,but they couldnt fit me in til today.so ive been taking painkillers,clove oil on it.nothing has even eased the pain.so i went to ...

Baby teeth is it normal at 16?
Hey all my molars and a few other teeth are still baby teeth? is this normal? I was told by the dentist that i wud have them all pulled out....but keeps telling me this..and that i shud have braces ...

Dentist! are they called doctors??
do a dentist have Dr. in from of their names
just curious because i never noticed it
Additional Details
i am aware that they are ...

What color Braces bands should I get?
I am Getting my braces on tomorrow and I was wondering If anyone had any suggestions I was kinda thinkin Blue N Pink!
Any Suggestions I will greatly appreciate! ...

Mystery
What should I do first, brush my teeth or floss my teeth?
And why?

intellectual45
Rating
I always tell my patients to floss before brushing their teeth, brush for the usually 4-5 minutes, and then floss once again to make sure you got everything out of your teeth. This method proves most effective.

I`m cooler than you a
floss because when you brush your teeth the food goes down into your teeth more

lizziemoffles
Rating
I floss first because I would like to loosen things up first and they wipe them clean. how about mouth wash?

cay cay
Rating
brush first because flossing brings up the paricles that tooth brushing could not get.

Letisha
Rating
I would go with brush, then your mouth will be clean and you will floss what the brush could not get

jay
brush then floss..get all the gunk out of your mouth, then floss the rest of it out between your teeth.

Franzia Kafka
I asked my dentist this exact question when I was there last and she said it's best to floss first. If you floss after you've brushed, all the junk that you dug out will be left hanging there and you won't be able to get rid of it very thoroughly, even if you rinse your mouth. If you floss _first_ and then brush, you'll easily get rid of all the junk that you dug out from between your teeth with your toothbrush. It sort of leaves your teeth cleaner to floss first.

joanna c
Rating
floss 1st and brush

ak
Brush first. It gets rid of most of the gunk. Then finish with a lovely floss and shine! And don't eat like Ben...

Lance
Rating
Floss first, then follow with a brushing to remove the particles dislodged and the hidden areas exposed by flossing.

Meagan K
I think you should floss first so you can get everything between your teeth and then when you brush all the things will go away, but you can also brush and then floss because when you finish brushing then when you floss you makesure you got everything between your teeth.

wise1
It doesn't really matter for the most part. The most iportant thing is that you do both. I believe it is better to brush first. Brushing first will put flouride in your mouth. Then when you floss the flouride gets between your teeth and and below your gums.

xjazzx@pacbell.net
I floss first.. If you brush first. You might not get all the little particles of food out of your teeth.. and then your not really brushing everything .. My wife does it the other way..

Ilene W
Rating
I asked my dentist this question and he said it doesn't matter which order you do it in, so long as you floss every day.

Luzzuboat
Rating
Floss -brush - and floss again!!!! best technique!!!

Matt
Floss first because it loosens any thing that is deep in your teeth and gums, then brushing will get rid of everything else.

Gigi S
Rating
Floss first to lossen the items in between your teeth then brush

leavemealonestalker
Rating
It's your choice. Personally, I floss first, because it seems as though that gets the stuff from between the teeth, but sometimes transfers it to the surface, then I follow by brushing and feel nice and clean that way.
♥♥

Noah B
brushing first because you clear off the plaque and the bristles can pull out food caught between the gums. the floss is after the fact to pick up where the brushing left behind.

beth73065
my dentist wants me to floss...loosen plaque...then brush it away.

Mike H
floss first so when you brush you remove the bits still stuck on the edges

Ben
Floss to loosen up sh*t the brush to get rid of sh*t already loosen.

cowgirl up
Rating
I would floss first becouse you can get the food in your teeth loose for when you brush. But then floss after too.

ingridabreu@sbcglobal.net
Rating
you should brush your teeth first because you can get most of the food off and then you floss

Hotstuf
Rating
Well, think of it this way:
If you floss your teeth, the amount of stuff that comes out from between them is difficult to totally collect on that small surface area of floss. So some of it probably stays there. But if you floss first to loosen the crud up, then you can successfully brush it away afterward. Thinking about these things probably makes me a dork... oh, well. :)

Sandylynn
Brush, floss, then swish with mouthwash. That's according to my dentist. He says the mouthwash rinses away the crud you've flossed loose. Plus it rinses away any blood that you might have caused during brushing & flossing. <*)))><

Grayside
Rating
Floss, then brush. When you floss you leave more "crud" behind. Then you can brush the rest away.

Its Me
Rating
I always floss first because I can then brush away all the stuff that might be between my teeth.

Leeza
Floss then brush. This is more hygenic as when you floss it pulls out the stuff stuck in between your teeth and then you can brush away all the germs. Happy cleaning :-)

Dana Katherine
Rating
I don't think it matters which order you do them as long as you do both.

Me, I floss a little first, then brush, then floss one last time for good measure.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy