Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Does a tooth cleaning require anesthesia?

Have you ever had a cavity?

I just had 3 of my teeth taken out 2 hours ago,what am i aloud to eat because im realy hungry?
I'm really hungry because i didn't eat since like 7 hours ago. I had 3 of my molars extracted on 3 different sides and the only side with my mollar still there is the lower right side.What ...

How much does it cost to have wisdom teeth removed without insurance?

Is a Porcelain/Metal Fused Crown Truly Better?
My denist has prescribed a buid up and crown on a back moler that has deteriorated. The way the wrote it up, it is a Porcelein/Metal crown.

However, my insurance will only cover what they ...

I need to know every thing about braces?
Be very specific. Do they hurt? how much? I need to know EVERYTHING about ...

Dental problem please help!!?
My male friend is driving me crazy, the past few weeks he has been getting very bad tooth ache. He is literally crying with the pain. He went to A and E the other morning and they advised him to go ...

When a cavity hurts?
By the time a cavity is causing toothache, how likely is it that you will just need a simple filling rather than anything more complicated like root canal therapy?
Additional Details
I ...

Question about braces?
ok im going to need braces for my over bite. my question is does it hurt bad? does it hurt when its getting put in? do they give you shots in your mouth so it doesnt hurt? and will they give you ...

I am 12 years old and a front tooth lower tooth is about to come out. Is this normal?

I immediately NEED help!?
I have a poly-like sac over the area on my right wisdom teeth. It's a bit tender but it can get painful when you touch it hard.
I only noticed it today, and I'm 12 years old so no ...

Mercury tooth filling controversy ?
Background: Teeth fillings contain mercury. There is disagreement on whether this can cause mercury poisoning. Most medical professionals seem to think it does not.

Mercury poisoning can ...

Alternative to a tongue scraper?!?
I live in a country where tongue scrapers/cleaners aren't available yet. Can anyone give me any ideas what could be used as an alternative?...

What is the most painful procedure you have had done at the dentist?

Why am i scared of the dentist?

Please help me?
i use to have some pretty teeth but all of a sudden my teeth started falle out and everything decaying bad .i had braces on them to have them stratghtn out . but i cannot not understand that could it ...

How can you stop braces from hurting after you just got them?
I kinda don't wanna wait cuz I'm trying to eat and it hurts!!!...

Why does the gum around my teeth bleed when I brush my teeth?

Mouth Ulcers, what causes them and how do you get rid of them?

Which mouthwash color is more effective: blue or yellow/orange?

vetalklas
How do I get rid off the white stuff (Oral Thrush) on my tongue permanently?
How do I get rid off the white stuff (Oral Thrush) on my tongue permanently? Ok I am sick of brushing it off every other day,from all the brushing my tongue bleeds sometimes. Is there a way to remove permanently,please dont tell me to just brush it all the time ,I am tired of it.

cs r
Rating
Use tooth pastes that contain salt and activated carbon.Also make it a habit to use a Tongue cleaner with smooth edges.

XOXOXOXO
Rating
It is a combination of diet, scraping and using an antibacterial mouthwash that will take this away, but you'll have to keep on doing these things to keep them away for good. Make sure you are flossing everyday too, you need to remove as much of the bacteria from your mouth as you possibly can. Reduce the amount of dairy in your diet, replace it with fresh greens (salads, raw veggies) and fruits ---this combined with the daily bacteria removal will make your condition much better.

orchid11
Brushing doesn't get rid of yeast, you must visit your doc. I had that once, freaked me out at first, it was in my whole mouth area. The doc gave me some prescription and it was gone just like that. Didnt return.

curiousgeorge
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/uspdi/202259.html

Click on this link. It will tell you about a treatment for oral thrush. My son had it as an infant & this worked well but was messy to apply to an infant's mouth. Hope this helps. You must treat the infection to be rid of it.

ganza37
i had that it was agony i just used a strong mouthwash

Johnny
Rating
Lightly brush mouth and teeth with sea salt, I do it 3 times a week now but everyday for 1st week. Rinse well and brush with regular toothpaste.

T
Rating
If you truly have thrush then the only way to get rid of it is to visit your doctor and get a prescription for it. Thrush is a yeast infection in the mouth and is not likely to go away on its own no matter how much or hard you brush your tongue.

mayo
Rating
Well, I don't know about permanently.

My friend uses strong black tea or glycerine. Just soak a small part of a clean wash cloth in tea or glycerine and clean your tongue with. friend does that once a week.

Sparky
There are oral thrush treatments your Dr can give you.

Doodlebug
You need to get yourself some Nystatin Oral Swish. Can be obtained only by prescription.
It's a liquid antibiotic specifically for thrush. And it works.
Also, you may want to change your toothbrush often, especially if your thrush starts to improve.

♥cute_lil_hottie82♥
Do you take an inhaler like flovent? It's a steroid and if you do not rinse your mouth out afterwards you can get a fungal infection in your mouth called thrush. Using the drug Nystatin can help get rid of that. Talk to your dentist or doctor. Good luck!!

petrobomb
Rating
yes! oral thrush is easily treated! unfortunately you can't get rid of it permanently because the fungi that cause it live on our skin normally. go speak to your dr. and you can get a prescription for it. they're often inexpensive and work really well. brushing it off wont help (as you may have noticed) and probably hurts alot too. oral thrush does NOT cure itself without medical treatment so theres no point in waiting.
the best thign to do in the future is to prevent it. the more common reasons why people get oral thrush is due to steroid medications (ie: steroid nasal sprays for allergies or steroid inhalers for asthma). if you use any steroid medications just rinse your mouth out with water afterwards, even if you use nasal sprays. it'll help.

dont get confused with what some people are saying (ie: antibacterials or flossing or diet). in fact, doing what they say may actually make things worse. antibacterials will for SURE make things worse because thrush is fungi and by killing all the bacteria you let the fungi have all the nutrients and space. the only thing ican say about diet is you might want to avoid citrus foods (ie: orange juice) because they will probably sting on the sores

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy