Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    STDs
Health Discussion Forum

How do I tell my boyfriend....?
I have been with my boyfriend for 5 months, before I was with him the condom split with a man I was with and I caught an std, I have only just found out, so have probably passed it on to my new ...

Can you catch an STD from an animal?

Can u have a baby if u have an std?
MY friend has an std and he told me if he could still have a baby with his wife but I did not know what to tell him so if you know please help him out by answering thank ...

Do your eyes turn yellow from hiv?

Is it safe to use my toothbrush after someone cleaned their razor with it?

Can you get STDs from kissing, if they've 69'd someone who has them?
Cuz I just realized I might get STDs just from kissing! And Im not gonna get someone tested before kissing them!...

How can my partner have gential warts if he has just been with me for the last 7 years?

Which is the best STD to have?

How do I get rid of crabs?

Aids / HIV Can it be transmitted?
By open mouthed kissing when saliva is swapped?
Additional Details
Ty Zeggy.

To all you who say get common sence/ dont be ...

Can you get hiv from sharing drinks?

How to know if some one got STDs diseases???
do u people know how you can know if you have STDs and how long it takes to feel it actully?...

Do the AIDS "germs" die in the air?
I am working at a nursing home part time and 3 of the residents have AIDS. They can't tell you that when you get hired because of HIPPA and what not, but they also have no information about it ...

If you HAD to have one STD, what would it be and why?

Additional Details
Sorry to offend anyone who had or has an STD! I was talking over this subject with my 19 year old niece and ...

Is it possible for gays to get AIDS?

Additional Details
Nobody ever told me 'bout S.E.X.! I had to take classes at my school to learn all this stuff!...

Why does it burn when I pee?

What do people do while they are on the toilet?

Do I have it?
My p*nis head has some kind of spots and they are white and close together.....do I have std or something like that
Additional Details

Im getting drug tested, what will my school do if it comes out positive?
i got drug tested today at school for pot and it is going to ocme out positive, i know that. i am not only scared bout my dad finding out but i am scared about what the school will do...does anyone ...

What is the safest cigarette?

johnny w
How big a deal is a std?
i just read that 1 in 4 women have a std... so it can't be that bad, right? i mean, everybody seems to get around just fine

ReW
it can kill you

curious_grl_69
um! yea! itz bad. cuz alot off ppl r getting them.

JORâ„¢
Yeah, but it's still a big deal,
because it is still an STD.

Eve
std is a big deal, most are curable, but if not detected, and treated early, stds can have long-term health consequences ie. fertility problems in women. Not to mention if someone has an std they can spread the thing around to other people. In short, it's a big deal.

catlady
depends which one you have. some of them are an inconvenience, some of them effect your fertility, some have no symptoms until it's too late. some of them can make you insane (literally) and a couple of them can actually kill you.
ALWAYS USE A CONDOM

Sarahhh
Rating
i'd say they're pretty bad. 1. it just goes to show you may not take care of yourself. 2. you can spread them to others which is really bad. 3. people here you have an STD, they're just like ew. and dont wanna be near you. just because a lot of women may have one, doesnt make them okay. if you've got one.. id say see a doctor.

allyssaswim15
Rating
i know i saw that on msn and its highschool girls every 1 out of four thats seriously crazy
im in highschool
but that is weird STDs can seriously effect ur life

Helen Scott
I think it's a big deal....women have enough problems with their bodies without the addition of an STD. (Oh yeah, I guess the correct term now is STI, NOT std?)

butterfliesRfree
Rating
It depends on WHAT STD you have. AIDS is also an STD. The POINT of the article was the particular one that causes cervical cancer..............yes, it is a big deal.............and very very sad.

mr_crankypants
Rating
Most are curable with antibiotics, but some, like herpes and hepatitis and HIV, cannot be cured. Those are more serious.

The seriousness comes when they are untreated. Untreated HPV can cause cervical cancer and untreated chlamydia and gonorrhea can make you sterile.

jujubeee
the statistic was 1 in 4 teenage american girls. not women.

♥
That is a scary statistic! It's a big deal if you have one that can't be cured!!!

Ethelucy
Rating
To me it would always be a big deal! I wouldn't want one no matter what kind it was, but there are STDs out there with NO CURE and if that's not a big deal for you, what about the STDs that just kill you?

Chelsea <3
it depends on what std it is.. some have worse symptoms..
and a lot of std's r treatable by medication so maybe that's why they don't seem so bad..

Jazz
Rating
Big enough to definitely not want to have it.

schecterspina
Eh...you shouldn't look at it so lightly. If you do, soon that statistic will be 4 in every 4 women have STDs. Be careful. Some STDs are just painful, and some are deadly. Either way an STD is not something you want....I'd hope.

*Amanda Leigh*
Rating
yeah honey any std is bad. seriously. and most of the women who have them dont even know that they do. thats why its important to protect yourself and get tested. dont be ignorant.

one in four is a lot. think about it. out of four of your closest friends, one of you have an std. does that make you understand any better?

Joe S
Rating
Most of the women I know can't drive a std. They prefer automatics. I personally enjoy shifting gears in a std.shift car.

sparkzxx
Rating
It's not okay! It get passes to anyone that comes in contact with it and you are stuck with it for the rest of your life. It's a disease, no disease is good.

*Tara*
Statistics are so stupid, they just make it seem like a lot of people have it. But the main thing is that people dont tell any one that they have it so probably that is right but it is a big deal. you can die from it.

Feivel JPAA
Rating
There are different kinds. Some are no big deal. Some are lethal. It depends on the STD

:0):0(nismomilenko:0):0(
Well I had Gonorrhea when I was pregnant ( the guy I was with was sleeping around) . Gonorrhea is curable with anti-biotics as its a bacterial infection and not viral.Herpes is a viral infection its treatable but not curable - it will be with you until the day you die.Some are very fatal if not treated - aids and syphilis but all if not treated lead to complications.Gonorrhea can cause blindness in babies and sterilization via inflammation in men and women.
Yes they are a big deal, sad that they are on the rise. Just because someone doesn't look sick doesn't mean they aren't. Some of those things don't show classic symptoms and people won't always be so candid with you.

Leemurs
Rating
They almost certainly took a terrible sample poll, and have a terrible conclusion.
There's no possible way that 25% of women have an STD..

And most STDs are a big deal.

desperatehw
It depends on the STD, I have a feeling. A deadly one would be awful. A painful one would be the next worst.

Then there's the sense of responsibility--don't want to give it to anyone, right? Too bad the person you got it from didn't feel that way.

Shame? Maybe. How many men have one? You don't quote that statistic. It would have been nice to see just for the sake of fairness.

kmonlo7
THAT is exactly the problem --people are "getting around" too good.

r1oc420
It matters how serious it is...if its herpes, you will live with medication. you wont die...

But if its aids you will die.

la buena bruja
Rating
I would not want to have one! It is a big deal, especial if you get one that can't be cured.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy