Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Do any of you have a hard time finding glasses that fit right?
It seems most frames fit too low on the bridge of the nose - like a 'granny' feeling....they feel like they're about to fall off. I like glasses that fit snugly on the nose and are ...

When you first get glasses, are your eyes supposed to hurt a little?
whenever i put my glasses on my eyes hurt a little. is it just cuz im not used to them yet?...

Why do my eyes keep getting jittery/bouncy?
it's happening more and more often. heard it could be lack of calcium, but it's so un-nerving, i'm scared i have a tumor behind my eyes!! please ...

How to make my eyes look smaller...they are googly..look like a frog....help!!!?
Basically my eyes are big and googly and I dont like them...I have no confidence because of them...I can only look at a person in the eyes for a bout 2 seconds if that...I hate my eyes...mates joke ...

My eyes are fine normally but get blurry at the end of the day, why?
Does this happen to you?...

What happens if you dont blink for a very long time?
You can do it yourself because you will automatically blink after a while. Say if someone forces your eye to stay open, will you go blind?...

Glasses help!?
I just got new glasses at a wholesalers,i returned them once for having the wrong material for lenses and they refused to put the cool greeny tints on them the second time round. just wondered if you ...

How much do prescription eye glasses cost?
What is the cost for a decent pair of eye glasses. I just know that the power of my contact lens are 3.0. My eyes are fine besides the fact that i cant see far away. Besides that, nothing else is ...

How much does it cost to get your contact lense prescription renewed?
My Prescription expires next week.
Additional Details
So do I have to pay if my prescription doesn't change reallly?...

Why is there boric acid in my eye drops?
My eye doctor gave me an eye drop for my eyes because they get red all of the time but when i red the ingredients it says that it has BORIC ACID. The stuff they use to KILL Roaches... is that even ...

After wearing contacts my eyes are very veiny and red...?
I've been wearing contacts for about 2yrs, and recently my optometrist put me onto a different brand. They're supposed to be more 'hi tech' than my older ones, allowing me to wear ...

Eye contacts???
I have had glasses for the past 7 years and I am considering changing to contact lenses. I have astigmatism in both eyes. I have really bad allergies, but they only act up around the spring time with ...

If I get contact lenses, will I need to get toric ones?
I have a slight astigmatism in each eye (-0.5 for dominant eye, -0.25 for other eye).

I've read that the only type of soft contact lenses that correct astigmatism are 'toric'...

I am 35 had my eyes dilated yesterday. 26 hours later still dilated. Anyone experience this,?

How do you act when your high???
like what do you do/...

If you suffer from bad vision, should you get glasses or do eye excersises?
Just wanted to know....

How come my eyes have been red the whole day??
i wear contacts.
theyr like red.the white part i mean.
they kinda like burn from time to time too, and when it burns, tears come out since its burning so much.
what should i do??

Is it possible that some people just weren't made for contacts?
I had a followup exam with my eye doctor a week ago and he said that evrything looked fine.

However, I have tried two different types of soft contacts (a 2 week one and a 1 month one), and ...

I accidentally used lens cleaning solution as an eye drop. How do I treat my swollen red eyes? Please help.?

Proclear contacts - how do I tell which are for my left/right eye???
Hi Guys...

I dunno if I am having a serious dumb moment but I have ordered Proclear shere contacts online - the boxes arrived today but there was no marking on the box to tell me which is ...

digitaljimmy123
Will wearing my old glasses mess up my eye?
if i have a glasses that is 4 years old will that ruine my eye if i wear it?

Dorothy
Rating
I think so.

Pauly
Rating
Only they have the same precription.

Jen
Rating
If your eyesight has not change (it has not gotten worst or has gotten better) within that time period, you have nothing to worry about. However the medicine (the strength of the medicine) inside your glasses maybe less effective comparing to what it was the first time it was prescripted and given to you. So it depend on all these, but I say, if it does not hurt your eyes or cause straining, then your good. Best thing to do, get your eyes re-examined and wear fresh lens.

ILoveMySon!
Rating
Well hun if you are an adult then its very likely your prescription hasn't changed very much in that amount of time. You won't "ruin" or "mess up" your eyes from wearing either a prescription that is slightly too strong or weak... you just may put some strain on your eyes and may possibly get a headache. So no need to worry your vision won't change due to this. Although you may adjust to the old prescription again and when going back to your current one it may seem weird or that you can't see as well. That is normal when getting new glasses.
Anyways hope that helped a bit hun :)

♥♥Mrs SSG B♥♥
Wearing an out-dated pair of specs will not necessarily make your eyes worse, you just won't see very clearly. Do you normally wear contacts? Or have you just decided that you want to wear your specs from 4 years ago?

In either case, you should get an updated pair. If you wear contacts, you definitely should have an updated pair of glasses to fall back on when you take your lenses out. At our office, our doctor's recommendations are that you have your contacts updated every year, and your glasses at least every 2 years, unless there was a big change in your Rx.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy