Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Why is there boric acid in my eye drops?
My eye doctor gave me an eye drop for my eyes because they get red all of the time but when i red the ingredients it says that it has BORIC ACID. The stuff they use to KILL Roaches... is that even ...

After wearing contacts my eyes are very veiny and red...?
I've been wearing contacts for about 2yrs, and recently my optometrist put me onto a different brand. They're supposed to be more 'hi tech' than my older ones, allowing me to wear ...

Eye contacts???
I have had glasses for the past 7 years and I am considering changing to contact lenses. I have astigmatism in both eyes. I have really bad allergies, but they only act up around the spring time with ...

If I get contact lenses, will I need to get toric ones?
I have a slight astigmatism in each eye (-0.5 for dominant eye, -0.25 for other eye).

I've read that the only type of soft contact lenses that correct astigmatism are 'toric'...

I am 35 had my eyes dilated yesterday. 26 hours later still dilated. Anyone experience this,?

How do you act when your high???
like what do you do/...

If you suffer from bad vision, should you get glasses or do eye excersises?
Just wanted to know....

How come my eyes have been red the whole day??
i wear contacts.
theyr like red.the white part i mean.
they kinda like burn from time to time too, and when it burns, tears come out since its burning so much.
what should i do??

Is it possible that some people just weren't made for contacts?
I had a followup exam with my eye doctor a week ago and he said that evrything looked fine.

However, I have tried two different types of soft contacts (a 2 week one and a 1 month one), and ...

I accidentally used lens cleaning solution as an eye drop. How do I treat my swollen red eyes? Please help.?

Proclear contacts - how do I tell which are for my left/right eye???
Hi Guys...

I dunno if I am having a serious dumb moment but I have ordered Proclear shere contacts online - the boxes arrived today but there was no marking on the box to tell me which is ...

My new glasses ?
ok 1st i got glases today and they make my eyes ich and make me more blind and dont help at all when i look and try to read something it doesnt matter how far away it is but i cant read it as well ...

My eyes always become blurry after starring at the computer? I do wear contacts.?
Is there a way to recover from this quickly?
Is there a special contact or glasses that prevents this?...

Contacts!?
I had glasses since the 3rd grade I am now in 5th grade I had worn 4 different glasses the most recent one I am wearing is my only favorite but it is kinda big and it always falls so I leave it there ...

Is there something seriously wrong with my eye?
last week i think i had an allergic reaction to something...i had hives all over and eventually my right eye swelled and got really itchy. then it turned red and it got worse ever since last week.<...

Coloured contact lenses- how much do they cost?!?
lol i hav perfect vision i just wanted coloured lenses....about how much (approx) are they? and where can u get them if u ...

Colored Contacts?
Do u no a site where I can get colored contacts and they work real good...like i go to www.insanelenses.com and they have good colored contacts there and i have brown eyes and i baught aqua and ...

Contact Lense Help...?
I have been trying for weeks to get my contact lenses into my eye... are there people out there who just can't do it or am I the only one? My scrip is only -0.5 and sometimes I think it's ...

Contact lense question?
I've been wearing glasses for almost 6 months now, i would like to try contact lenses. Are the prescription of the glasses and the contacts compatible? Or should i have an eye exam first? What ...

Can people go blind without damage to the eye?

Lexi
Strabismus?
I have Strabismus, had 5 surgeries that fixed it enough to where it's not "so" obvious, but because it wasn't corrected in time, I am forced to "choose" which eye I want to look out of. I don't have the ability to look out of both eyes at the same time, I have to choose one. So is this why I can never see the 3-D imagine on those "Magic Eye" pictures? Do you have to use 2 eyes together to see the imagine? Also, I am unable to see 3D images in movies (ie: Jaws) with those plastic glasse- I can only choose if I want to watch the movie with a red tint or a blue tint! Also, I am 28... Can I train my brain to use both eyes at the same time? It seems so impossible. Thanks for any advice!!

ruth4526
Rating
The doctor had my daughter wear a patch over her best eye and that made and strengthen the bad eye to see more. I think she wore the patch every day for two months. Take it off at bedtime. In two months the dr. could see an inprovement she went with out it for a month and wore it again for 2 mon. kept doing this untill the dr. told her she didn;t need the patch any more and she sees great now.

Jazmin M
Rating
I have strabismus too. My eyes turn inward and I've had it all my life. Had one surgery with complications so I cannot have surgery ever again so I'm pretty much stuck "cross eyed" for life. I'm 24 now and I've been told that your brain learns how to process information from your eyes when your a little kid (before age 6 or 7). So I don't think theres much hope for us people in our 20's with this condition.

However in my case it wouldn't make a difference because my eyes are still crossed. Using both at once would give me double vision.

Pedestal42
I support the two previous answers.
The chances of developing binocular fusion are, I'm afraid, very low.
And yes, that's why all methods of pure 3-d presentation don't work with you (and about 1 in 30 of the population at large. It's not rare.)

An investigation with a synoptophore at an ophthalmologist;'s binocular vision clinic could establish this one way or the other, but only pursue this if you are really bothered.

Later in life, having alternating vision can even be useful: you may never need bifocal or varifocal glasses.

princeidoc
"So is this why I can never see the 3-D imagine on those "Magic Eye" pictures? Do you have to use 2 eyes together to see the imagine?"

YES and YES.

"Can I train my brain to use both eyes at the same time?"

highly unlikely at age 28.

drgreg_od
Rating
I have the exact same situation as you. The only difference is I had 3 surgeries. Cosmetically, my eyes are straight, but when I get tired, one eye will turn. Because I cannot use my eyes as a team, I can pick which eye I want to use. Due to that, my 3-D vision is severely limited...I can appreciate some depth perception, but very little. At this point, considering your age, little can be done to regain your binocular vision. Sometimes, vision therapy might be of some assistance. I am 33, and had my first surgery at 3. You learn to use monocular cues instead of binocular ones to appreciated depth (i.e. if one object covers another, it must be in front of it). I have 20/20 correctable vision in each eye, and hopefully you do to. I believe that is what is important. If the worst thing is that you can't see the Magic Eye pictures, then you are doing OK. It didn't affect me...I am an optometrist.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy