Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

How much does it cost to get your contact lense prescription renewed?
My Prescription expires next week.
Additional Details
So do I have to pay if my prescription doesn't change reallly?...

Why is there boric acid in my eye drops?
My eye doctor gave me an eye drop for my eyes because they get red all of the time but when i red the ingredients it says that it has BORIC ACID. The stuff they use to KILL Roaches... is that even ...

After wearing contacts my eyes are very veiny and red...?
I've been wearing contacts for about 2yrs, and recently my optometrist put me onto a different brand. They're supposed to be more 'hi tech' than my older ones, allowing me to wear ...

Eye contacts???
I have had glasses for the past 7 years and I am considering changing to contact lenses. I have astigmatism in both eyes. I have really bad allergies, but they only act up around the spring time with ...

If I get contact lenses, will I need to get toric ones?
I have a slight astigmatism in each eye (-0.5 for dominant eye, -0.25 for other eye).

I've read that the only type of soft contact lenses that correct astigmatism are 'toric'...

I am 35 had my eyes dilated yesterday. 26 hours later still dilated. Anyone experience this,?

How do you act when your high???
like what do you do/...

If you suffer from bad vision, should you get glasses or do eye excersises?
Just wanted to know....

How come my eyes have been red the whole day??
i wear contacts.
theyr like red.the white part i mean.
they kinda like burn from time to time too, and when it burns, tears come out since its burning so much.
what should i do??

Is it possible that some people just weren't made for contacts?
I had a followup exam with my eye doctor a week ago and he said that evrything looked fine.

However, I have tried two different types of soft contacts (a 2 week one and a 1 month one), and ...

I accidentally used lens cleaning solution as an eye drop. How do I treat my swollen red eyes? Please help.?

Proclear contacts - how do I tell which are for my left/right eye???
Hi Guys...

I dunno if I am having a serious dumb moment but I have ordered Proclear shere contacts online - the boxes arrived today but there was no marking on the box to tell me which is ...

My new glasses ?
ok 1st i got glases today and they make my eyes ich and make me more blind and dont help at all when i look and try to read something it doesnt matter how far away it is but i cant read it as well ...

My eyes always become blurry after starring at the computer? I do wear contacts.?
Is there a way to recover from this quickly?
Is there a special contact or glasses that prevents this?...

Contacts!?
I had glasses since the 3rd grade I am now in 5th grade I had worn 4 different glasses the most recent one I am wearing is my only favorite but it is kinda big and it always falls so I leave it there ...

Is there something seriously wrong with my eye?
last week i think i had an allergic reaction to something...i had hives all over and eventually my right eye swelled and got really itchy. then it turned red and it got worse ever since last week.<...

Coloured contact lenses- how much do they cost?!?
lol i hav perfect vision i just wanted coloured lenses....about how much (approx) are they? and where can u get them if u ...

Colored Contacts?
Do u no a site where I can get colored contacts and they work real good...like i go to www.insanelenses.com and they have good colored contacts there and i have brown eyes and i baught aqua and ...

Contact Lense Help...?
I have been trying for weeks to get my contact lenses into my eye... are there people out there who just can't do it or am I the only one? My scrip is only -0.5 and sometimes I think it's ...

Contact lense question?
I've been wearing glasses for almost 6 months now, i would like to try contact lenses. Are the prescription of the glasses and the contacts compatible? Or should i have an eye exam first? What ...

skeys003
Contacts question?
i have had contacts for over 2 years now. everything thing has been fine no problems. well now for some reason my contacts are good throughout the day but at night when i am watching t.v. before i take them out my right contact always gets blurry. like there is something making it dirty. the first time it happened i took it out and put it back in the next day and it was fine during the day again and as soon (it felt like) as i layed down to watch t.v. it went blurry again. does anyone know what this is??it is almost like fog in my living room at ngiht for my right eye.

heather b
I think it is just your eyes are dry. They have a new refreshing contact out- not sure of the name though.

angela
It sounds like your contact is getting dried out. Without realizing it, while you are watching tv you may not be blinking enough. Get a bottle of eye drops, the kind made for rewetting lenses. A couple of drops when it gets like that should help.

Willow9
Rating
Lie down to watch TV? Hmmm. I'll agree that the lens may be drying out. Remember, it's the wiping action provided by your blink that spreads the tears across your eyes and contact lenses. If you lie on your side, then one eye may not be getting an effective tear spread. Also, how well the lens remains centered on your eye may change when you are lying down.

I don't know your prescription or the type of lens that you are wearing, but changing your head position can also cause rotation of contact lenses that are used to correct astigmatism. These are called Toric contact lenses. If you are wearing this type of lens in your right eye, then it may be rotating excessively.

If it happens only when you lie down, then don't. It's the old "doctor it hurts when I hit my head on the wall" routine. Quit hitting your head and the pain will go away.

firstythirsty
Your right eye must be getting dried out during that time of the night. The fogginess is your contact getting dried out along with your eye. You can get eye drops that are formulated to be used with dry contacts, and you can use them at that time of the night to prevent the fogginess from occuring.

ILoveMySon!
There are a few different factors that could be causing your right contact to get foggy or hazy.
Firstly the most common cause of hazy or variable vision with soft lenses is deposit build up. These deposits are protein, lipids and inorganic matter which are found in your tears. Throughout the day your tears are leaving deposits on your contact lenses that can cause them to get "foggy". Cleansing your lenses will usually get rid of these deposits, and if you are having difficulty removing them you may want to try an enzymatic cleaner or a daily protein remover on your lenses. Also if your lenses need to be replaced soon it may seem that the deposits are building up sooner then usual.

Another possibility that everyone has exhausted would be your contact lens drying out. While you are watching TV you blink less, it is also known that when you are tired you blink less as well.... the less you blink the drier your lens will become and it can cause hazy vision. When a lens dehydrates a rippling effect occurs on the front surface and causes blurring.
A few things that could solve your problem:
If it is excessive protein deposits that are building up
Replace your lenses with new ones or try using a daily protein remover or a weekly enzymatic cleaner to get rid of the protein build ups
If it is lens dryness due to decreased blinking from watching a screen or tiredness then try artificial tear solution made for contact lens wearers or take out your lenses sooner and replace them with your glasses.
If none of these solutions are working you should schedule an appointment with your contact lens fitter, it could be an issue with the fit of your right lens that is causing it to get foggy.

Hopefully everything works out!! Good luck :)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy