Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Do u think people with glasses are ugly?

Contacts or glasses?

Is it possible????
is possible for ur eye color to change( without wearing colored contacts)???? cause people have said that my eye color looks different somedays???...

Can you get blind for materbating?
thats what i heard
Additional Details
how about getting it infected ...

My daughter needs contact lenses.Do many kids use them.How long can you keep them in?
Do a lot of kids nowadays wear contact lenses?My 12 year old daughter needs glasses but she won't wear them so the doctor suggested contacts.Are they easy to use ?...

How can I get colored contact lenses?
I don't have any eye problems,but I need some colored contact lenses,where can I get them without prescription?...

Quick name the first invisible thing you see ???

Are my eyes normal?(pic)?
i'm a little worried because i have really bad vision for a 16 y/o and there are brown spots on my eye.

should i be worried?

http://s46.photobucket.c...

How to change eye color from BROWN to BLUE?
I'm only 13 years old, is this possible? Also, I heard something about pigment, as where you have a lot of pigment, your eye color is brown, and where you have less pigment, your eye color is ...

First person to write either yes or no wins best vote which ever one I'm thinking of?
hurry your running out of ...

What color contacts should i get *pic included.)?
http://i281.photobucket. that's me.
either eletric green: http://www.dixieart.com/ or the blue, like the color ...

What is the rarest eye colour in the world?

Do color contacts change your vision color?
for example, if you have green contacts will you see stuff in a greener ...

Is this pink eye?
for the past 2 or 3 days, usually flaring up at night, it feels like there has been something in my eye. i checked many times and tried to wipe it out but I've seen nothing. Tonight, it got very ...

Putting Contacts In?
I want to be able to wear contacts, but I have a very difficult time touching my eye and trying to putting contacts in.
Does anyone have any advice, suggestions or exercises that could help me ...

Why do my eyes hurt after reading?
i have picked up reading again and my eyes hurt really bad after reading only 10 or 15 pages? whats up?
Additional Details
i was thinking about glasses too but its weird because i can ...

Can masterbating one time everyday and not sleeping well cause your eyes to get blurry sometimes?

Additional Details
6-7 hours of sleep everyday....

What are the consequences for leaving your contacts in over night?....or over 7 nights?
it is a bad habbit that i need to break but i want to kno what it does to your eyes. i kno it has to do something or else the doctors wouldnt tell you to take them out. but they have never stuck and ...

How do I clean glasses?
I just started wearing the glasses I got...and I don't know how to clean them...how do i clean them?...

What Is The Most Uncommon Eye Colour?
Im just curious ......

Thanks for your time, =)
x....

Kaley
Should i get contacts?
i'm twelve years old, and i've had glasses since i was in 2nd grade. i guess you could say that my eyes are pretty screwed up by now. and i really want contacts. some of my friends tell me that its a good idea, but some say that they burn a lot and that its possible for them to get lost in the back of your eye, which causes an infection. please help, thank you so much! -recommendations help!

sparkles0385
Rating
If you want them, you should try them. I got glasses in 2nd grade as well and got contacts in 4th (9 years old). However, I got the hard contacts then that were very tiny & I did not like them. I really didn't wear contacts until about 6th grade (11 years old) when I got soft ones, which I love now. I've been wearing contacts for over 12 years now and have never had any serious problems. They won't get lost in the back of your eye, there are tendons on the sides of your eyes. They may fall out or catch under your eyelid for a second, but they can't get lost in your eye. I know others that have had contacts younger than you, but it just depends on how responsible you are and if you think you're ready for the responsibility, they are a responsibility- keeping them clean and taking them out at night and everything.

Christ Alone
Rating
yeah, i LOVE contacts! If you buy the equate solution to keep you contacts in, you should rarely get burning or anything like that. Plus, i've slept with my contacts in and i've never had them go to the back of my head and same with a girl at my school. She slept with her contacts in for a week and they never went to the back of her head either! I would get the flexible contacts that last for a month becasue you can actually use them for 2 months before you use a second pair. Normally if you buy the month contacts, they'll send you a pack of 12 sets of contacts so they'll last you a year, but if you take advantage of it, you may get them to last 1 1/2- 2 years!
Age doesn't really matter as long as you're responsible and don't loose them.
A bonus of contacts is that you can wear sunglasses with perfect vision and don't have to worry about not seeing. = )

stacecasey7
umm i think it is an ok idea. I know a girl who had them in 6th grade which is about were you at right like 6th 7th? Well anyway i think all those things you friends told you about rolling to the back of your eyes are just the worst things that could happen so don't worry to much.

February Air
Get them! One of my best friends was excited to get them... and she was right! getting contacts was worth it. yeah, sure, it could burn a little a few times... but then you learn how to put them in better. dont be afraid of a few little things get in your way of trying something new! yes its possible but unlikely for it to get stuck in the back of your eye. and it doesnt cause an infection...

west.heart
Rating
I got mine at twelve years old but was only allowed to wear them twice a week. It is possible to wreak your eyes if you wear them lots at a young age. It can be a good idea if you think you will use them. Sometimes you just need a change, you know? They shouldn't burn if they are clean and in properly. You cannot get them stuck in the back of your eye. I thought you could at first to but the people at the eye centre place and my mom told me you can't (and I never had).

CurlyHurley
Rating
i think that you should still just wait a couple years because sometimes ur eyes might change, and then you would just have to get a whole other new set of contacts...but yeah i think you should definitly get them...so much more convinient than glasses

Miss Cammi
It all depends on if your eyes are very sensitive. My eyes are extremely sensitive and so are my dad's so when he tried them he changed his mind.
Do you find yourself squinting in the sun more than most people? If not, go for 'em!

Sparkles♥
Rating
i'd say wait till your about 13 or 14.
yes sometimes they burn and sometimes can be painful but thats usually only if there is something on the lens or on your eye,or if there is a tear in the contact lens.and yes they can slide into the back of your eye, but not very easily, and if your careful, it shouldn't happen.i love my contacts and i'm sure you would too.

Cherise
I would get contacts just because there not as much as a pain in the butt as glasses are. I would go to acuvue.com and check out the site because it answers your questions and explains the benefits of having contacts.

Leigh M
pft. they cant get lost in the back of your eyes because the back of your eyes are attachted to your head by a fatty membrane that stops things from getting lost back there. i think contacts are great and you dont have to wear glasses anymore lol. just make sure you keep them clean and no contacts should burn, if they do take them back and complain.

kjjonas_fan
dont let people tell you your too young for stuff, im 12 too and i HATE when people tell me im too young! like once, the lady cutting my hair asked my MOM how she wanted MY hair cut!!!!!!! OMG that makes me so angry! go for it! get contacts!

redskater53
those bad things arent very common. i have contacts, and they are comfortable, and way less annoying than glasses.

Spongebob
dont listen to the people who said your too young, i got mine when i was 12 im 14. they dont hurt they only bugged me the first two days and not even that much i have mine in now and i cant even feel them, i love 'em. they are really good to play sports with too. i would get them if i were you.

edit: whoever told you that they can happen is right but it is EXTREMELY rare. my mom has had them since she was 11 shes 43, nothing ever happened to her. ignore them. oh and they dont burn they only do if you touch your eyes when your hands are dirty.

pinkhotrodgurl
Rating
wait until you at else 15 ok. or just see what the eye doctor says.

Rachel M
Get lost in the back of your eye??? LOL Look in the mirror and pull down your lid. See where it looks like the lid is attached to the eye? That's because it is. Pull up your top lid. Look back as far as you can. That's literally as far as it goes.

I think that you are too young for contact lenses. Wait til you are at least 14-15. A lot of kids I've worked with can't handle the responsibility of caring for contacts. They are a lot of hard work!

Cindy L
ok now i have contacts and have had them since i was 13. let me tell u...your friends are wrong! there is no way the contact is gonna get lost in the back of your eye! it is designed so it will suction to the center of your eye. trust me it wont get lost! and the only way the contacts may burn is if they are a bad pair...like a defect...or if you have some allergic reaction to it. if you use the solution they give you for the contacts (i use replenish its the best kind) then they will not burn. you can barely even feel them. and even if they do start to irritate you...then u take them out and put some more solution on them then pop em back in. they might have dust on them or soimething. contacts are great! they help so much! i would reccomend u getting daily ones at first...cuz then u dont have to worry about saving them and keeping them clean for like a whole week or a month. u can just throw em out aT THE END of the day.

peace love and harmony
Contacts are good but im not sure if you should get them at your age right now...

I had contacts but they were too much of a hassle for me cuz my hands would sweat, but if they didnt then I would still be wearing them..

A reason why contacts would get lost in your eye is if you didnt put it in right.. I dont know about the infection. You are able to get them out if you just pull the contact. This happened to me before. It was all the way up in my eye but I got it out. Theyre good if your ready but im not sure if you are.

♥

Tia
Rating
i got them when i was 15, but if you take care of them properly they should sting, and it's impossible for contacts to get lost in your eyeball forever

they tip back sometimes, but they are easy to take out
but normal they suction to your eye

let your parents decide...

Djcris19
Rating
yes u should contacts its more comfy n u dont have to wear glasses
perfect age ask ur parents 1st

<3 love of my life <3
Rating
Yes you should get contacts! Ok so i've had contacts since I was 12 and I'm 16 now and never once have I had problems, except when you first get them it's kind of tricky learning how to put them in, but that's it! You're friends have no idea what they are talking about because never before have I ever heard of them getting lost in the the back of your eye from what I know that's impossible!

Angel
I think you should try them out and see if you like them. If you don't like them, you can always go back to glasses.

I'm gonna try & be nice
Well, it all depends on how responsible you are. There's no medical reason why you can't, but it's really important that you disinfect them and remove them exactly how your eye doctor tells you to. You should talk to your parents about it.

And your contacts will NOT get lost in the back of your eye. There is a membrane that goes all the way around your eye. Pull your lower eyelid down and you can see it for yourself.

matt m
its a good idea to wait until your eyes stop developing, they do this around the age of 15. ive had contacts for a few years now, and they're great. they can go behind your eyes, but unless your completely useless they're easy to get out lol. as for burning, i have acuvu oasis and they are very comfortable, when there in, my eyes feel refreshed and i can barely feel them. hope i helped.

swimma
i thought the same exact things..but omg GET THEM they seriously are the best invention ever. when you first try them its really hard but you get used to them after a few practice tries =)

*LaDy*PiCtUrE*sHoW*
Rating
try them out first and then see if u like them and if theyre comfy! then keep them or loose them, but only if u like them!!!

Panda Knits
Talk to your doctor about it. There are some eye conditions that can't be aided by contacts and your doctor will be able to tell you if you have one of those. If not, they doctor will be able to walk you through the responsibilities that contacts entail and help you decide if you are responsible enough to take care of them.

Mandy
Rating
i got contacts in the 6th grade and ive had no problems with them! first of all, its not very likely that they are gonna get lost in the back of your eye. it doesnt really burn when you put them in either. you should talk to your eye doctor, after all, he/she is a professional and does this for a living!

Cole M
Rating
they cant get stuck ion the back of your eye unless you let them, go ahead and get them

Nicolette
Rating
i never had any problems with mine

Kaylee
Rating
I think you should wait untill you are a little bit older. Just so you can learn a little bit more of responsibility and mature a little more. Once you get used to them, like after two weeks or so, you can't even feel them in your eyes.

And I have never heard about them getting lost in your eyes.

Cheenah
Ive had contacts since I was 13.
They are worth it. Wouldn't you like to go swimming and be able to see or go to water park and have the options of not wearing the glasses.

I have lost my contact in my eye but that is because I rubbed my eye to hard. The first time is scary you just gently touch the service of your eye until you can pull it back down to where it needs to be or it falls out. I have never had an infection.
But it can't just get lost in theback of your eye. when people say they lost their contact in the back of their eye they are just saying its moved off the center.

I can't feel them at all.

I have the throw away kind. So the only time it burns is when Im putting in new contacts because the solution they come in is not what im used to. So I have to just remind myself to rinse them off in the solution I use to tone it down.

It may also burn if you put it in wrong, but they teach you how to do it normally when you buy them. Unless you refuse.
It burned a little my first time because I had to try putting it in for or five times and my eye was just getting irritated. Just like anything else. Earings hurt your first time getting pierced but after that no big deal. You don't even realize their is a hole there.

My only problem is when I have fake finger nails. Sometimes I can't get the contacts out because I take mine out using the tips of my fingers. So I just sleep in my contacts during that case. You shouldn't do that though but my eyes have survived it many a times.

But i know a lot of people who have no problems putting in or taking out contacts with fake fingernails
so everyone is different

That was a long rant.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy