Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

My eye color changes depending on my mood?
I naturally have light sky blue eyes, like a wolf, but depending on my mood, many people will notice that my eyes turn darker blue, turqouise, or green. I look myself, and they are a different color.<...

Contacts or glasses?
what do you think, my mom thinks im too young to wear contacts!

ps: im 15...

Can You Tell A When Someone Is Wearing Colored Contacts?
Besides looking at what race they are(Asian,black,etc), is it possible to tell if someone is wearing colored contacts?

For example if a black person were to wear blue contacts it would ...

Bright green eyes?
My name's Aleisha & i have a really light & bright green coloured eyes & my next door neighbour is teasing me about it. isn't it very common to have full on bright green eyes or ...

Is it Possible to lose your contact lense inside your eye?
My friend asked me this question because he just started to wear contacts....

Glasses or Contact Lenses??
I was just wondering, I wanted to get contact lenses but I have been wearing glasses for over 3 years now and the reason I do that is because I am scared of getting contact lenses in. Now I don'...

Does wearing eye glasses all the time increases grades?
im 17 years of age and im an ear sighted person my grades are 500 each and im wonderig if wearing eyeglasses all the time increases my grades?...

Do contact lenses steam up?
Like glasses steam up when you go near swimming pools

Thanks! :)

POLL: What do you prefer to wear Glasses or eye contacts ???
Thank you....

Are carrots actually good for your eye's ?
is this a myth or is it true ?!...

If you had a eye ?
we all kown we have two eye,s if we was given a other eye where you you put and why?...

Contacts or Glasses?
I have been using glasses for 5 years now. Im starting to think of contacts. Which one do u like better? How long does it take to get contacts (from time u asked for contacts to time u got them) ?<...

What happens when you close your eyes too long while wearing contacts?
I started wearing contacts about a month ago. I know that you're not supposed to sleep with them on, but what really happens? Do they roll into the back of your head? Because that is my biggest ...

What color are your eyes?

At what age did you first need glasses?
Do you like wearing them or do you hate it?
I've needed them for long-sightedness since I was 15, which is 5 years. I don't mind them as mine are really comfy so I forget I've got ...

What eye color do you guys prefer?
Anyone can answer.
Blue-green?
Brow?
Yellow-Green?
Hazel?
Additional Details
mine are blue...with like felcks of yellow and green.what color would you call that?...

Can putting lemon into my eye change color?
well can it.
good answers ...

What is this annoying thing i'm seeing?
Just a couple months, I noticed that sometimes i can see lil thing floating around in my vision. It's very tiny looks like lint but it's not. I'm on the computer a lot so I don't ...

Should I wear my contacts on a airplane??
The flight is 2 hours and 30 min. I know airplanes are dry. I will be flying Jet Blue so does the type of airplane effect the dryness of the air????...

I can't stop blinking my eyes.?
lately, for the past two days, i have been blinking soooo much. Like twice every second. Literally. It feels my eyes are cold, and there is constant blowing. Like its the feeling when you stick your ...

Slide 306
Putting Contacts In?
I want to be able to wear contacts, but I have a very difficult time touching my eye and trying to putting contacts in.
Does anyone have any advice, suggestions or exercises that could help me get better at it?

Buttercup B
Rating
put contact on finger.
put finger (with the contact) in your eye
blink.
contact is in.
moron.

Kellian
Rating
ok so this is a thing that you get used to, so i wouldn't suggest any practicing because it would be hazerdous to your eyes, so you should talk to your doctor about that sunject and im sure he'll tell you it's normal for all beginners, before actually practicing.
and by practicing i mean don't keep doing it over and over after a short time because that's really bad for your eyes and for the contacts, (you should try eyedrops.)

Mr & Ms Panama
Rating
don't let it get to you
you don't really have to touch your eye a lot
just open your eye wide, maybe pull it down with one finger and with the other hand have your contact ready to put on
do you have them already? they should have taught you when you got them

TheRussian
Rating
absolutely not! wear glasses. They're highly fashionable and come in even more varieties than contacts. No irritation, lots of funny looks, clowns, diabetes, cancer, etc. you get the point. GLASSES! YEAH! WOOOH! Don't you just want glasses!?! I know i do and I can see fine! WEEEEE! *he he* *giggle giggle*

nick_shann
You need to relax and practice. You will get it eventually

Lea
Rating
look up and away!

chels
Rating
okay putting contacts in is very very easy. pull your upper eyelid up and pull the bottom of your eye down...both at the same time, with your contact very wet with solution on your index finger, and put it in...your finger doesnt even have to touch your eye....the contact will suction to your eye if it is wet enough. just practice...thats all you can do!

Brando
well i was afraid of touching my eye but after i put contacts in for like a week i was over it, just get a trial pair and try them out and see if you can do it or not.

DeliCreep
Get an appointment with one of the people at your local eye clinic, they'll sit down with you and help you till you can do it. There isn't really any way to train to put them in, other than just struggling through it until your muscles know how to put them in.

whoknows
i wear contacts and have no problem all you do is pull down your lower eyelast and stick the bottom of the contact in there then blink no problem

ushkp6
Rating
Yah, when you put in contacts, make sure that they are fully drenched in the liquid. Rub them on your index and thumb fingers gently until they are completely submerged in the liquid. Then use one hand to pull the skin under your eye down, look straight at the finger with the contact lens on it as you put it in.

TKS
Rating
Stare into your eye in the mirror and bring the contact up without looking at it and place it while still watching your eye. Also, put plenty of saline on the contact and think of it as something cool and refreshing for your eye. (Basically some tricks to take your mind off of what you are doing.)

drea253
Rating
i found that if you dont look at the contact itself while your putting it in but instead look past it (in the mirror) it will be much easier to touch your eye. and actually you wont even need to touch it just get it close enough to where your contact suctions to your eye then keep your eyelid open and slowly close your eye to push it all the way onto your eyeball... i hope this helps!

Canadian.makeup.lover
its always hard at first!! Trust me, you will get used to it!

Amber[Attack]!
I had a lot of trouble at first. So my eye doctor said that I could look to the side and put them on the exposed white part, because I had trouble putting them in straight on. This might help you too, hope it does :]

hrcdrc
Be sure to wash your hands first.
It's helpful to use a mirror when starting out
Use both hands to stretch your eyelids open. Have the contact on your index finger and look up touching the white part of your eye and once you see and feel the contact start to cling, move your eyeball around. The whites of your eye aren't as sensitive and don't have as many nerve endings as the iris and pupil parts. Practice makes perfect. If you keep working at it you'll be a pro. I've struggled at first too, but with persistance and practice it's been a piece of cake and I no longer have to use a mirror. Believe in yourself, and don't worry, you'll master it soon like me. Good luck.

TwistedAria
Rating
When you first get contacts it's always very hard to get use to. It use to take me about an hour and some change just to put my contacts in when I first got them.

1. First your doctor should show you how to do it. That's very important. If you didn't get a little training session I would call your doctor.

2. If you plan on wearing your contacts during the day allow some time in your routine for putting in your contacts. I use to set aside an hour, and then as I got better at it the time it took me to put in my contacts dropped to 30 mins, then 15, then 10 mins and now it literally takes about a min or two for me to get my contacts in.

Here is a good step by step guide:

http://www.wikihow.com/Put-in-Contact-Lenses

I really recommend the holding of your upper lid technique mentioned in this source. Some people are able to just pop their contacts in without holding up the top lid but sometimes your eyelashes can get in the way and all you're going to do is cause yourself some pain. Try out this technique it works great for me!

Good luck! And remember to wash your hands before you touch your lens because the oils and any other junk you may have on your hands can really cause you some discomfort if they make their way into your eyes.

Kenni
Rating
It helps if you look directly at your eye in the mirror. Basically, look straight ahead. I would recommend always putting in your contacts using a mirror, at least until you really get the hang of it. I have also been told that there are some eye drops that may help? I'm not really sure where you would find these, but that s just something I have heard. Also, make sure you always clean your contacts sufficiently with solution so your eye does not get irritated. Good luck!

♫Jessie♫
seperate you eyelids with one hand and pop the contact straight in, then move you eye around. contacts a trained to sit on the cornea and fall into place one there on the eye ball. It is a bit uncomfortable but you will get used to it, they are so worth the discomfort

Yankeefanboy13 (xbox gamertag)
I have contacts. Follow these steps in order
1. Go get eye exam and order contacts based on the prescription.
2. wash your hands (when contacts arrive, but it would be nice all the time)
3. take the finger closest to the thumb and push the top eye lid up
4. take your thumb and push the bottom eye lid down.
5. take the saliene solution and spray some in your eye.
6. pick up the contact with your index finger
7. straighten out so that the contact looks like a bowl
8. slowly and carefully put the contact on your eye and blink if necessary
Tips:
Doctor will show you a video or something if you ask
Be careful, because in the first 2 weeks you might lose a bunch of them, because the eye is not used to them so they might fall out, but once you get used to them, it is almost like riding a bike.

Puppy Lover
I HATE doing it, but when I DID, I used cushioning eye drops first. I still hated it, tho.

Good luck!

Alysia
Rating
I had a hard time too, But honestly All I can think of to do is to just keep trying and eventually you will get it with no problem. Thats what I did.

Josh
start young.....practice makes perfect. do not be afraid to touch your eye. As long as your hands are clean you're not going to damage your eye putting in a contact.

evelyn
Rating
i used to wear contacts. i would put the contact on my finger and with two fingers holde my eyelid and bottom and stretch it (not too hard) and roll my eye away so i could put it in and blink it seems hard at first but you get used to it

Help
It is a struggle. Look up and lightly go towards your eye and they kind of slide where they need to be!!!

kris
Rating
If you are new to contact lenses, there are two things that you will need to learn - putting your contacts in and taking them out. Even if you may have got in some practice with your optician during your fitting exam, you will find things to be totally different once you step in front of your mirror at home and try to do it by yourself.

The first thing you will become aware of is that it can be difficult to put your contacts in. If you are putting them in for the first time, it can be a little tricky getting them in your eye. With a few days or a few weeks to practice, you’ll be more than comfortable with your lenses.

Always keep in mind that no one is perfect, it takes all of us time to get good at it. Here are a few tips that will help you with inserting and removing your contacts.

Putting in contacts

Before you put your hands on your contacts, you should make sure that you clean your hands thoroughly, and that you dry them off. Once your hands are clean, put the contact lens on your index finger.

Next, place a drop of solution in the center of the lens. Now, use your other hand and pull down your lower eye lid with your thumb then look up with the eye you will be inserting the contact lens into.

Take your index finger with the contact on it and place it into your eye. Do not close your eye immediately, rather leave it open a few seconds to let the contact settle. After a few seconds, close your eye and your contact should be perfectly in place.

If it feels uncomfortable, take it out and try again. It may take you a few tries; although the more you put them in the better you will get at it.

Taking out contacts

Same as before, you want to make sure that your hands are clean and dry. When you are ready to take them out, look up with your eye then use your fingers to grab the contact by the sides and pull it out.

You can normally get it out on the first try, with a little practice. Once the contact is out, blink a few times to clear your eyes. If it does not want to come out, put some drops in your eye to moisten it up, and then try again.

Contact lenses are easier to use than most people may think. Once you have worn contacts for a few days or a few weeks, you will find that it becomes second nature to put them in and take them out. Once you have got the hang of it, you will be able to put them in and remove them in a matter of seconds

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.114
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy