Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Contacts or glasses?

Is it possible????
is possible for ur eye color to change( without wearing colored contacts)???? cause people have said that my eye color looks different somedays???...

Can you get blind for materbating?
thats what i heard
Additional Details
how about getting it infected ...

My daughter needs contact lenses.Do many kids use them.How long can you keep them in?
Do a lot of kids nowadays wear contact lenses?My 12 year old daughter needs glasses but she won't wear them so the doctor suggested contacts.Are they easy to use ?...

How can I get colored contact lenses?
I don't have any eye problems,but I need some colored contact lenses,where can I get them without prescription?...

Quick name the first invisible thing you see ???

Are my eyes normal?(pic)?
i'm a little worried because i have really bad vision for a 16 y/o and there are brown spots on my eye.

should i be worried?

http://s46.photobucket.c...

How to change eye color from BROWN to BLUE?
I'm only 13 years old, is this possible? Also, I heard something about pigment, as where you have a lot of pigment, your eye color is brown, and where you have less pigment, your eye color is ...

First person to write either yes or no wins best vote which ever one I'm thinking of?
hurry your running out of ...

What color contacts should i get *pic included.)?
http://i281.photobucket. that's me.
either eletric green: http://www.dixieart.com/ or the blue, like the color ...

What is the rarest eye colour in the world?

Do color contacts change your vision color?
for example, if you have green contacts will you see stuff in a greener ...

Is this pink eye?
for the past 2 or 3 days, usually flaring up at night, it feels like there has been something in my eye. i checked many times and tried to wipe it out but I've seen nothing. Tonight, it got very ...

Putting Contacts In?
I want to be able to wear contacts, but I have a very difficult time touching my eye and trying to putting contacts in.
Does anyone have any advice, suggestions or exercises that could help me ...

Why do my eyes hurt after reading?
i have picked up reading again and my eyes hurt really bad after reading only 10 or 15 pages? whats up?
Additional Details
i was thinking about glasses too but its weird because i can ...

Can masterbating one time everyday and not sleeping well cause your eyes to get blurry sometimes?

Additional Details
6-7 hours of sleep everyday....

What are the consequences for leaving your contacts in over night?....or over 7 nights?
it is a bad habbit that i need to break but i want to kno what it does to your eyes. i kno it has to do something or else the doctors wouldnt tell you to take them out. but they have never stuck and ...

How do I clean glasses?
I just started wearing the glasses I got...and I don't know how to clean them...how do i clean them?...

What Is The Most Uncommon Eye Colour?
Im just curious ......

Thanks for your time, =)
x....

My 14 year old daughters eye sight is getting worse quickly?
she had her eyes tested 9mnths ago was told too wear glasses for the usual tv pc reading, she got after 3mnth she was wearing them all the time, took her for re test they were worse, have been told ...

mexico13
Contacts question?
I've been having trouble putting my contacts in. My right one goes in fine on the first try every time. But the left one takes forever to get in. i put it in perfectly, but every time i pull my finger back, it sticks to it and won't stay in my eye. I've also lost three contacts, all out of my left eye.

sunshinegirl802
Rating
wow i have the exact opposite problem.. getting my left contact out. as far as getting them in, i had lottsss of trouble at first. Make sure you use lots of solution because it helps them stick. i just put the contact on the end of my finger and look straight at my eye in the mirror ( i HAVE to use a mirror lol). then look slightly up or move your finger to the side a bit. it should stick, no problem!

Sammi
make sure you get your left eye contacts extra wet and make sure that your finger is dry then it wont stick to your finger:]

KayKay
well i have contacta too and instead of just putting the contact on 1 finger, i put it in the middle of my pointer and middle finger. then make sure the sides dont stick on your fingers and when you put the contact on your eye, spread your 2 fingers away from each other and move your eye lid over your contact. then rub your eye and it should stick
; )

xxbean_2011xx
When that Happens to me all i do is...

Put it in normally, but i dont take my finger away right away. I rub it around in a circle motion so that it is stuck on my eye.

Esma
Ugh, I have this same problem! Of course, my left eye (same problem eye as you) has astigmatism, meaning the eye isn't perfectly round and the contact, though made for astigmatism, has a bit of a harder time fitting. (Be sure you don't have astigmatism and are using the wrong contacts!) The best thing I've found to do is to, while the contact is on my eye (even if my finger is still holding it on) is to physically lift my eyelid by the lashes--gently--and place it over the contact. Then, take your hands from your face and carefully blink. Good luck!

Seamus90
Rating
You may need to use an OTC eye drop before you try to put the contact in. Ask your eye dr. if you have "dry eye". Make sure you have washed your hands before handling contacts also.

Mustang Sally
Rating
make sure your hands are completely dry and make sure that the contact is on the edge of your finger

þHØ8!4
Rating
if it sticks to your finger

then just put the contact on the tip of your finger. and make sure its just barely touching it. then put it on your eye and move it around. thatll unattach the lense from your finger

nicolecolee
If it makes you feel any better, I had the same trouble with contacts when I first got them. I was constantly losing the one out of my right eye!! But like some others have said make sure your finger is dry and when put your contact in your eye, look all the way up with that eye and then pull your buttom lid down, then put the contact in, the look down with your eye and blink a lot.

Good luck!! (If you continue to have trouble, contact your eye doctor, and make sure you have the right fitting contact OR the right brand that suits your needs).

stephy
Start with the left one then.

TheReturn
Rating
keep trying

fastpitchrox501
Rating
Are you putting it on the very very tip of your finger? because sometimes with mine if i put it to far on the tip it like slants and one side is bigger so when i put it in it falls out... also make sure they're freshly wet with contact solution

Bergis
Rating
I always had that problem cause i pulled my finger out too fast... but then i started to look to the left or right and put the contact in on the white of my eye, and then move it around a little until i thought it was completely on. then i look towards the side of my eye with the contact and looked into the contact and it sticks. weird, but true.

mizzettevalerie
Oooh, I just got contacts a week ago! Cool!
Make sure the contact lens is round, and one side doesn't stick on your finger, I find it easier to put the contact lens when it isn't dripping with the solution, because my eye tears fill it up and they fall back out.

***it's ELiSE babe***
either you put too much solution or your finger is to wet

JustAName
Even though you said you're doing it perfectly, just for sake of thought I have to say, make sure it's not inside out/backwards.
Many times that can cause your contact to flip back onto your fingertip and also can fall out once it seems in place.

Mine did that, and the problem was solved by dousing the contact in solution/drops while it was on my fingertip (yes, fill 'er up with fluid!). It helps keep the contact and your eye well lubricated and can help.

If it falls out while you're wearing it, try rewetting your eye w/ drops.

If it continues, I'd suggest going back to your eye doctor to make sure the correct measurements on your eye were made.

Hope this helps

meggie
Rating
I suspect that you may inadvertently be turning the lens inside out while you are cleaning and rinsing it. The only other reason i can think of is that the lens has a small crack or tear.

mustangirl
Rating
contacts are a pain to put in. when you stick them in try sliding them around your eyes so that they get a good suction. during the day try using visine to keep the contacts moist so that they stay suctioned to your eye. -good luck-

john e
Rating
If you open your eye wide and retract your lids and look right at the lens it will center on the cornea. Your finger must have just enough solution on it to keep the lens on it. The lens should be wet with solution. Touch the upper edge of the lens to the top of the cornea and the lens will go in. Move your finger downward. Do not blink it out. It cannot go anywhere else.

Turkiye
try puttıng the solution on the contact on both sıdes so ıt doesnt stıck thats what ı do and ıt works

tofurox52
make sure your eye is wide open and that your fingers are dry...i had that problem but after awhile i got used to it

Kat
I wear contacts also. First of all make sure its not inside out. Make sure your finger is pretty dry..I make sure I hear a suction sound that makes me know it has stuck to my eye before retracting my finger...It is odd that you keep losing the same one though. Maybe the fit could be off--- why not have your eye dr take a quick look to make sure it is fitting properly...maybe he could get you a better fit.... Good Luck...

laugh_love_smile15
Rating
make sure your fingers dry

LoveCat
make sure your finger is dry and the contact has enough solution on it.

Nancy
A really good tip someone gave me was to balance the lens on my finger. With whatever finger you're comfortable with, usually the index or middle finger, take the contact lens and balance the center on the very tip of your finger. Quickly put it in and blink to make sure the lens is in your eye. Sometimes I get air pockets but it goes away after blinking =)

Trisha
Rating
Try dipping it in solution before you put it in, and make sure your hands are clean and dry. After you insert the contact immediately look down and blink. If your eye starts to sting, try dropping solution directly on your eye. It might also help if you have short nails. haha. it may sound random but I have experience with long nails! It makes it extrememly difficult to insert and remove contacts! and remember, practice makes perfect. Just keep trying. If none of this advice works, try contacting your eye doctor!

Hope I helped, good luck,

Trisha =D

TwinTipZ
Practice makes perfect. Make sure the contact is going in the right way and not backwards. Try putting your contact in over a raised surface, so if you drop it, just rinse it off with solution and try again.

TwinTipZ

sexxi_chavo
Rating
make sure ur finger is dry wen u put the contact in it will stick to wat ever is wetter- ur eye or ur finger. lol i have the same problem sometimes

Miss Danielle
maybe your eye is just really dry you need to put drops in it often so that it has some moisture to stick to so it doesn't fall out.

Meg
Rating
Make sure your fingers are completely dry. Usually it sticks when they're wet or because they're sticky from the contact solution. Also make sure that you have enough contact solution on your contacts. The more you practice, the better you'll get it at putting them in.

George L
yes try to clean them at night

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy