Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

russiansgirl5
Ive had my right eye twitch now for the past two weeks.....help!!!?
does any one know what causes this and how i can make it stop? it doesn't hurt, but it is extremely irratating and distracting me at work....
blinking makes it worse..... im so frustrated!!!

Jenny W
I had the same problem about two years ago. My mom, an optician, told me to put a patch over the eye while I was at home. Usually this is caused by eye strain and resting the eye will help it repair itself. Cleared right up after a few days. Let me tell you though, this will affect your depth perception. The first day I had the patch on I was trying to set a flashlight down and slammed it down, oops.

brneyedgirl
Rating
That has to be the most irritating feeling in the world!! Nobody knows exactly why the eye twitches but it has been linked to stress and eyestrain. There is usually nothing you can do about except try to figure out where the stress is coming from and try to alleviate it. See your doctor first to make sure its not due to eye strain. One thing that sometimes works are allergy drops such as Naphcon A, Vasocon, Similasan Allergy drops and Opcon A. Instill one or two drops in your eye as soon as it starts to twitch severe eye twitches are treated with Botox injections to prevent the muscle from contracting. Hopefully your case is not that severe!! Hope this helped : )

Lori L O^O
Rating
This is usually a sign of major stress or lack of sleep. Try this, really, it should work. eat well. Get up and have a good breakfast and take some vitamins. eat healthy snacks like fruit or vegetables and have a good lunch. Do not skip meals. Have a really well balanced dinner. Drink pleanty of good water. Go to bed as early as you can get to sleep. like at 9pm or so if you usually stay up past midnight. Do this for a week. It will go away. Make sure you are getting excercise as well because this difuses the stress hormones as well. This is a little signal that your body needs some attention and you need to take care of yourself.

LindyN
It is usually caused by stress, lack of sleep, and possibly drinking a lot of caffeine drinks. If you work on the computer a lot, I would recommend taking more frequent breaks. It can last a couple of days-weeks. It should go away on its on. But I agree with you- its very annoying!!

bmattj121
Rating
You know, I had the same kind of thing happen to me several years ago. I went to the doctor (which you should do too) and he told me it was stress related. I was in college and working and doing a hundred other things and my body was simply getting worn out.
To make matters worse- I would become frustrated and stressed out about my eye and it would get worse.
If you think this may be the case, try to cut down on some of the things you are doing. Or, if you feel you can't, schedule some time for yourself- to relax. I found that physical activity such as tennis, hiking, or other sports helped calm my body down.
Either way, go see a doctor to make sure there isn't anything physiologically wrong.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy