Do you ever think,whats the point in going on?

I know my depression is making me think this way but my life is so meaningless and empty. Anxiety has prevented me to move furthur in life and now i feel trapped. The man i love has been cold and dist...

I know my depression is making me think this way but my life is so meaningless and empty. Anxiety has prevented me to move furthur in life and now i feel trapped. The man i love has been cold and distant with me and i'm starting to believe he just used me for sex and that has made me feel worse. My mom has mental issues and has attempted suicide many times,my dad died last year and i blame myself that i didnt go and visit him instead of being selfish thinking of myself. I feel like i'm living each day for no apparant reason. The only thing that makes me happy is when i think about not being here any longer. What should i do?i dont want to die but i dont want to live either.

Ultimate Fighter
Rating
I advise you and your mother to seek some counciling ASAP.

Gilly
Rating
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa. It's hard I know I to suffer with depression, and yep life is hard, but that is the challenge of life and you goal is to beat it!. My advice about your dad is remember him and carry on it isn't easy but you can get through it. I remember not long after my Step dad died when I was 14 And although I was messed up because of it, and I mean messed up as in willing to end it!. I remembered a couple of phrases that when I'm feeling down I use to Remind me That Life can be sh*t but you can get through it!. Here goes "AIM HIGH AIM FAR YOUR GOALS THE SKY YOUR AIMS STAR" "WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE" and they have kept me going for 9 years!.
and all though it's hard say HAPPY NEW YEAR and believe me things will get better because this years our year!.

max
men will take advantage of a woman believe me there are good men in the world

putting myself in your shoes i would hate life but dont take anything to heart create goals for yourself find things you like to do make your own world. visit your dads grave and talk to him (u might think thats freaky) go out with some of your friends and just chillout.

I hope your mum gets well soon

Aries
I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so low. You have had a lot to contend with what with your dad passing away and your mother being ill. I think you are be very brave to cope with all of these things. It might not feel like it now, but life can take turns like this, and you will be surprised how it will suddenly improve for you.
The fact that you have asked this question on Yahoo means you are taking steps to make your life better by dealing with the problem. If you have not done so already, you need to see your GP about your depression. If you get put on anti-depressents and get counsilling you will be amazed how quickly they can turn things round for you.
This time next year this depression will be all but a distant memory.

stepup1895
Find a higher cause to fight for.
Think about others and not yourself and surrender to a higher cause.

cinnamonstar123
life may not be so great right now, but im sure your mum, boyfriend and other friends/family consider you of great value to them. We all need people to love and care about, sometimes we just forget how important people are to us.
no life is meaningless, as it holds meaning to other people.
your mum must need you arround at this difficult time in her life, and im sure you have several other friendships you cherish too.

never forget, good things come to those who wait...

tmthyh
Rating
For those who find Jesus find forgiveness of sins, hope of Heaven, meaning of life, and undying love.

In the Beginning God created heavens and earth.
God gives you air to breathe and sunshine to enjoy.
God gives you water to drink and food to eat.
God gives you a wonderful body and sound mind, to live.
God loves you, and you are precious to Him.
Son of God died on the Cross to save us from condemnation.
Jesus’ love is boundless and everlasting.
We have the hope of Heaven through Jesus.
Life therefore has fantastic and glorious future!
(Please must visit: www.spiritlessons.com)

KNUCKLEDRAGGER
You are being spiritually attacked by a hateful spirit! It can run in family's for generations, and the only way you will defeat this entity is to confront your past.
*who committed the sin of suicide in your familys history?
*has anyone played with the occult or practised black magic?
*do you have a person in your family tree that was a preist and failed to live up to his duties?
Do some research and find out, because this spirit would love nothing more than for you to admit defeat and condemn your soul by the act of killing yourself!
After that you need to rid your family of this spirit. Pray and have a priest bless your family.
Don't be denied your God given right to happiness, and get rid of the foul spirit and do it soon!

bigcitygirl_uk
Rating
I often think 'What's the point of going on?'

This time last year I was organising my stepfathers funeral. Two of my sisters had breast cancer and Sue, the elder of the two, had been given three months to live. My friend Sarah was diagnosed with Leukemia and as a mixed race woman had a 100 to one chance of finding a match for a a transplant. The love of my life ended our relationship without warning. I had my own cancer scare when my smear test showed abnormalities. My new boss hated me with a vengence.

God, reading the above has made me realise just how difficult things were. Like you, I was depressed, but I was trying to keep a brave face on for everyone else. I often felt that life was meaningless and empty and I felt isolated and alone.

The reason you are feeling like you do is because lots of horrible things have happened to you. You have the right to feel sad.and depressed. However, you are also ill, depression is an illness, so, like you would if you broke a leg or something, get yourself to a doctor and call the Samaritans if you feel desperate and need someone to talk to right now.

If I had acted on my feelings last year I wouldn't have been here to celebrate a new year with people who love me.

My sister, who was supposed to be dead in March is alive and kicking, her recent scans show she is in remission, the cancer in her lungs and liver has disappeared. She is also the proud grandmother to three grandchildren who were born this year (Last year she wept because she thought she would never be a grandmother) My second sister is looking forward to reconstructive surgery in February (two new boobs and a tummy tuck as a bonus) My mum survived the loss of her husband and was at a party tonight seeing in the new year. My friend Sarah found her match and is now recovering after a successful bone marrow transplant. My nasty boss resigned and after a tiny operation I was given the all clear as far as cancer was concerned. The lover? Well, he is still around, (I probably should have given him the elbow ..... but I love him :-)

I know my life can't change your life but I hope it can help you to see that things change. Last year I was in the depths of dispair, tonight I spent an evening with people who love me, drank Champagne and sit here looking forward to a Happy New Year.

Get to a doctor, get some help, and write to me next year and let me know how happy you are.

Good Luck and A Happy New Year.

Sparky x.

JGLO
Killing yourself really isn't an option. It's the elimination of all your options. Just about everyone has experienced such bad times that they have had the same feelings. But you and I know a lot of folks out there a lot worse off than you. Time heals sounds trite but it is true. You're getting a lot of responses to this Question because none of us wants to lose you. Talk to your boyfriend, tell him how you feel. Get it straight with him. Too many other guys out there to waste your time with a bad one. We love you.

monkeymanelvis
Rating
There's always a reason to go on if you think about it.
A few years I was thinking of leaving this life but then I read in a paper that there was going to be a new series of Doctor Who (my favourite show) and Idecided that I wanted to live a few months more just to see the series (pathetic of me I know). And I waited and the show was eventually on TV and it was great and now I can't go until I know how it all ends. Plus after 10 years I am finally coming to the end of a long period of depression.

There's no easy answers, half the time there are no answers. The trick to coping with life is to just concentrate on one tiny goal at once and do that. There is always something worth looking forward to.

How about getting a pet? A cat or a dog. The pet will need you and you will take care of it. It will be a good and loyal friend and you will find your own worth when you realise that you can make a real difference to just one life. I wish I had a cat.

johnhalpine
Depression is a very bad thing,and can make you feel this way,but nothing should make you want to commit suicide,nobody has the right to make you feel bad, that can only happen if you allow it to happen, you have got to remember life is about choices,think positive and were you want be in 5 years time, you can make good things happen for yourself,think positive,be strong, theirs a big beautiful world out there and it needs you to participate, Keep The Chin up

amsterdam
Rating
Most people feel depressed at some time in their lives, and with all you've had to contend with recently, it's no surprise you're depressed. Depression comes and goes, but it does go, so be patient. Don't go on holiday, to a party or any of those "cheer up" things, they inevitably make you feel worse, guilty for not enjoying yourself and more conscious of your predicament. Instead, do calm and gentle things: warm baths, early nights, hot chocolate, re-read favourite books (if you don't have one, try "I Capture the Castle" by Dodie Smith) listen to favourite songs and sing along. Get a pedometer and try to walk outside every day - here's a really friendly website for pedometer enthusiasts (uncommercial and free, not selling anything) if you feel up to it.

http://walk.ideacog.net

What you want is to gently raise your seratonin levels. And do call the Samaritans, they are great.

Something else which helped me was keeping a journal and pouring it all out. Write letters to your Dad in it.

Remember, you are not your Mother, you are you. You are a good daughter, but you have your own, very different life to live, your own destiny to follow.

And remember - this too will pass

Ripplediane
I used to think that way, sometimes when I was a teenager. But I always knew that I didn't want to throw God's gift of life back in his face. I thought that if my life was too bad I could always get on a train and start a new life somewhere else. I have been to psychiatrists, counsellors and doctors for my struggle with depression, they all bring amazing relief in different ways. The best help was when I got to know more about God. I learnt many things from bible study; God made me and he doesn't make mistakes, he is my perfect father, he doesn't want me to feel guilty, he loves all of his children and I am one of them, so are you. I have recently discovered that anxiety is the main reason for my depression. Go to www.drphill.com for advice for relieving anxiety. Know that God has a purpose for you even if you don't know what it is. Look for ways to bring joy into your life. Best wishes.

xxDisturbedSavio
Rating
Okay let me tell you something. Life is not forever, death is though. In life you exist, your alive. In death you might not exist, you might turn into nothingness. You care about yourself, your depression means you care about yourself, if you didn't care you would not feel depression, you would feel nothingness.

Okay about the death part, after you die you might disappear into nothingness, that's forever. Life you get to live, you get to put meaning into things. I don't know about you, but I think life is too short to not live. You still have the chance to live life, live life with value, with this you need hard work, if you have time to be depressed you have time for hard work.

You need to find the right guy, you make it seem like he just uses you for sex, if he does dump him and find a new guy, you need to atleast make effort.

contact me if ya can - aim/yim - xxDisturbedSavio

punchy
Rating
hi,i wish i knew your and age,i am sure that we could chat better.ok your saying that your life is meaningless,but why?take a good look at your self,and deep inside ther is a lovely person who needs a little help,and put on the road to happiness.is this man really worth the heartache he is causing you!i think not.sorry about your dad,but trust me he is watching over you all the time and i am sure he is proud of you,your mum does understand you but she has to cope with her own health and even though you feel alone,mum loves you so very much. i wish i knew your age as we could chat and maybe find some answers for you.if you want to write again please do,and i will search for you,please give me your name and age.

Ms. Nika
Rating
I feel like this from time to time, but you gotta believe that life can't get any worse if you feel like you're at your worse. You can't beat yourself up for not seeing your father before he passed. I think because of your mother being so depressed as well you have developed depression as well. Thats what happened to. My mother also has mental issues and has to take more than 10 different kinds of medications to be able to seem "normal" everyday. I have developed depression as well but I have to keep going for myself and my son. I suggest you get counseling as soon as possible.

As far as your relationship with your boyfriend goes...I would get rid of him. If you're not happy, then you can't make anyone else happy either. If you feel like he's using you for sex then you really need to get rid of him. You don't need anyone to use you for your body. If he's acting distant and cold then thats a big enough sign to let you know he's not the guy for you. Right now you need to be thinking about yourself and getting yourself to a happy state.

YOU ARE WORTH LIVING!!!!!!!!!!!

vegetable soup
Yeah, hon...been there many many many times myself.
See a counsellor, really. It helps. Things do get better, sometimes we need a boost to get out of our rut....meds or otherwise.
Best for you in 2007....hope you feel comfort knowing that others have been through exactly what you are going through and made it out ok.....

starlet108
Get some help NOW. Call the samaritans if you need to talk urgently but in the long term make an appointment to see your GP. Of course there is a reason to live - your depression just wont let you see it yet. Be brave and make those first steps to getting help - they are the hardest and its all upward from there - been there and done it xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxx_devil_from_hell_xxx
hey hun.
please dont kill yourself...although you feel like its the only thing which makes you happy it porbably isnt. what are you going to achieve by killing yourself??
please go speak to someone. if you're still at school you could speak to a teacher, nurse or school councillor. if you're not go speak to a councillor/physcotherapist, or your doctor. they can help.
im sorry about your dad but don't blame yourself. as hard as it may be try to put it behind you. you need to try to stay positive if your going to make it though. and i hope you will.
im here if you need to talk. just email me.
good luck x

stacy p
Rating
im here 4 u if u need 3 vent cerastes2106@aol.com

Bored&Broken
There is some reason you have been put on this earth and I think you need to find out what it is. Sometimes I feel so down and out and depressed too, like when I think about the guy I love, I have loved him for a while now and still I am not with him, it really hurts me and makes me depressed, also there are many other things that really depresses me, but I always seem to find a reason to be happier. You just need to find something to live for and I know theres a reason that everyone has been put here. If this doesnt help then you need to go get some professional help.

♡**Shelley**♡
Oh! sweetie evryone was put on this earth for a reason you just ahve not found it yet, there was a time where i felt juust like you but one day something snapped... i thought to myself that i cant keep living life like this..so i picked myself up got some more counselling (had loads of it) started to take my anti depressents properly, and think to myself i want to find out the reason why i am on this planet...it does take time it is not a instant thing, and you need to do it for yourself (and want too).

once everything in your mind is straight you will think how much more to life there is than what you think now.

You will find the right man, you will find out how to deal with your emotions better, and you will be ableto help your mum through what she is going throughnce you are in a better state of mind, itsounds to me like your mum needs you and you need to be there for her, but you can only do that once you are sorted.

You do need to remember that evrybody has there shitty days and once you start to feel better about yourself you will realise that.

please do get some help you deserve to be happy everyone does, there is so much more to you than i am sure you think, dont waste it you are better than that.

If you ever want to talk email me

blondeonamission3825@hotmail. co .uk

i will be there for you you are not alone.

p.s there is not spaces on the end of my email its just what i had to do to get it to ook ok otherwise you woudnt have known what to put on the end.

☼LunaSee☼
I could write a book for the crap I've been through in my life. I know, I know, everybody has something worse and it makes yours look trivial. I'm really not making light of how you are feeling, but seriously.....I could be the poster child for family dysfunction! I had times when I considered getting out...but just like you, living was the better option. You do feel that way! You wouldn't be here talking about it if you didn't. Trust me, there is life out there beyond depression. TAKE THE STEPS to find it. Whatever works for you...whatever lifts you out of it, stick with it. I look back now of how I could have let circumstances hurt me and I'm so glad I chose to be different and not wallow in them. Now, I wake up......good or bad.....I say Life bring it on! I think it's interesting just to see what each day brings.
Learn to laugh. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha WORLD, you are not going to ruin me!!!

Winters child
Rating
baby you are not alone...we all feel this way...at some point in our lives...life is funny...just when you think everything is fine...it isnt...then when you think nothing is right...something happenes and it changes everything...

I my self have been in a bad swing so to speak for a couple of days, but, I know it will pass...

you need to hold on...and press forward, and think higher thoughs..re-new your mind as the bible tells us...and, baby i have been re-newing my mind all day long...let me tell you...

you have many good years ahead of you, ...hold on please...and have imagination and faith to know you are here for a reason...

may god bless you sweetie

oG33MANo
Rating
there is always a reason to live sweetheart you gotta find it

Googlypants
Rating
Yeah but if you did stop living, you wouldn't be able to get a big hug from me in the future, silly sausage.

depression comes and goes, don't let it rule every day, just acknowledge the bad days and try to enjoy the good.

There's lots of help out there if you need it!

Wolf
Rating
IMPORTANT WARNING!

You are your mother will need urgent help. I don't know if you have clinical depression and whether if this is the case it can be inherited, but this needs urgent attension.

Click here http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Your fathers death will contribute to the way you feel and you can get help to cope with this (you cannot get over it, but you can cope with it).

Feeling selfish could be caused by things such as other people blaming you for everything, the depression it's self or maybe something else.

It may be a good idea to think about a new start with another man if you find you cannot stay with him or he leaves you; he trouble is the arguements that this will cause and you would need help to prevent this. Maybe writting a letter is a good idea.
A new start would be a good idea since you will have someone who you can comfort you later.

You probably have no friends, which is something that gives people a sense of piontlessness.

You and your mother will probably be feeling similar things. So you BOTH need to see this site.
If your mother refuses to see this, then this is something that you should take up with the peopel on the website.

All the things that I mentioned that you need to sort out with these people are things that your mother needs to sort out with them also. Not all these things may definatly apply.

Welcome to 2007 and a new start!
This is your ticket and I hope this is sucsessful.

株式会THE CITADEL 株式会
Rating
hang in there babes,hold your head up high love, and keep smiling sunshine,you are special.

VernHead123
Rating
chat with me if you want, I have been diagnosed with depression and I do beleive anxiety is a big part of it too.

It can be hard at times but I like this saying from "catch me if you can"

theres two mice in a bowl of mustard, one gives up and drowns, one keeps on paddling for his life and whisks up the mustard so it becomes thick and climbs out of the bowl. which one are you ? :)

dickie rulous
I reckon it's being so cheerful as keeps you going....
HAPPY NEW YEAR!