Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Should i see surgeon?
here's my question. i have a mass upper right part of abdomen. seen my doctor, he said it was not a hernia. then he ordered a ct scan. that came back showing nothing. now my dr wants me to ...

My knuckle is badly swollen, how can I fix it?
So about 5 months ago I was testing for a belt in Tae Kwon Do, and while breaking a board I hurt my knuckle and it swelled up and got a little bit bigger. So today I got mad and punched the floor, ...

My parents dont belive me...Do I actually brake it to where a bone sticks out so they do belive me.?
we are playing pickelball It is like a wooden pickel ball padel basicly a wooden padel Some kid hit me on the top of my hand with the wooden padel full force and my hand swelled u of course I sticked ...

BROKEN wrist! ICE or HEAT!?
I broke my wrist 2 weeks ago and I have a splint on. It is still a bit swollen and a bit uncomfortable. Should I be applying ice or heat at this period to make the swelling go down? T...

How many injuries does it take before one stops partying so heavy?

Is there any kind of wrist exercises i can do to make my wrist feel better?
i was hit by a car less than 3 months ago and i was taken to the hospital for treatment on numerous things but they only said my wrist was sprained...it does feel alot better than it did the day ...

How can I fix my swollen fingers?
My kind brother "accidentally" slammed my fingers in the car door and now they r swollen. I haved Iced them alot and taken a motrin butthey r still in a lot of pain. I dont thin they r ...

Is it possible to bruise a muscle or soft tissue, with out seeing a bruise on the skin?
I fell snowboarding on my hip. The hip bone doesn't hurt, it is the muscle that is just above it, but there is no mark. I haven't gone to the doctor's since it costs too much, but I ...

Could i have a pinched nerve?
I got pushed off a couch last night and I fell on my tailbone. I can walk (slowly) but when i move my left leg it hurts really bad. Could I have a pinched nerve or is it something else?...

How to recover from bad ....?
rotater cuff injury, as well as two stress fractures, and an out of alignment shoulder all on the right arm. I play volleyball and need help!!!!...

Did I break my finger today?
I was playing basketball today in PE and I went up for a rebound and the ball came off the rim really sharply and smashed into my finger. It hurt really bad, but I kept playing. Then is started ...

Wearing contacts for two days straight...?
any thing i should worry about? i did take them off second day. any tips/concerns towards this would be awwwsome. They were the acuve 2 contacts....

Will a chipped/broken knuckle grow back?
about 6 months ago i flipped out and punched a hole in my door. i know it was immature and i can now control my anger so i dont want a bunch of replys on anger crap. anyway a large chunk of my middle ...

I had a personal injury with some froze food from walmart. I need some opinions everyone!?
OK. In June 2007 I was 8 months pregnant and fixed lunch for my little girl and I. It was Dwight Yokums chicken fries. They are supposed to be boneless. I bit into it and a bone was in it. It went ...

Did I sprain or Break my Ankle?
Oct. 27th I rolled my ankle on a swimming noodle in my garage. At first it did not hurt, but it did take me a moment to get up becasue I could not feel my foot. I did put ice on it and continued to ...

Do you think my eye is OK????
i was riding a snowmobile and i stoped and hit my eye on the kill swich.i could not think right!
Additional Details
i will send you the pic just e-mail ...

MY FRIEND ACCIDENTLY ATE GLASs!!?
She sent me THIS e-mail from China---

I was eating this chinese candy and i figured out that there was a piece of glass in it and now i have three holes on my tongue full of blood. It ...

HELP, I bumped my head and now I look like Quasimoto!?
Is there anything I can do to reduced the swelling, bruising, biggness, and uglyness? Or speed up the process....

I think I've just broken my wrist so please be quick!!?
Seriously I was just feedign my rats and I flipped my wris really quickly for some reason now unbeknown to me, and now it absolutely cains and I cannot move it properly at all. I am not calling 999, ...

Ouch.im extremly sorE( or however you spell it) from working out..it hurts so bad!?
last night i worked out ALOT. and i havent worked out lke that in a while.and now IM EEEEEEEEEEXTREEEMLYYYY SORE..MY STOMACH..I CANT TALK WALK OR BREATHE.THATS HOW MMUCH IT HURTS.
my side hurts ...

Rhysie
Knee problem. Should I demand more from my doctor?
I have had a knee problem since I was 12 years old. I was running across the street the next step my knee gave out and I crashed like a ton of bricks. It felt like my lower leg went one way and my body went another. There was also an enormous popping sound. I ended up hobbling around on a half extended leg for about 3 weeks until I went to the doctor. He told me I has a miniscus tear and recommended me to a surgeon to have it corrected. When i went in for surgery I was told I was too young and refered to PT. Now I'm 26 and I still have that problem constantly. It just went out tonight so badly and I can hardly walk. I've gone to the doctors before but all they tell me to do is lose weight and it will fix itself. (I'm about 50 pounds overweight now, but was a thin child and teenager) I think they are lazy. I have kept doing my PT excersises all these years (not quite as often) and they have never really helped. What do I tell a doctor when I go in? Do I demand the surgery?

mat
Rating
Knee joint replacement surgery has become very common nowadays. My cousin also got her hip replacement surgery in India through the forerunners healthcare .She is more than very happy with the results. She is totally pain free now. She just paid 25% of the amount she was quoted in USA and is all praise for this forerunners healthcare company.

Forerunners Healthcare is very famous in India. I read a lot about them in the Newspapers and magazines. I have read a lot of their patient stories also. They arrange financing for USA, Canadian, UK and other international patients who plan to have surgery abroad for low price, as all joint surgery is not covered by insurance in USA or by NHS in the UK. They also have photos pasted of their International patients. You can checkout their website. There are huge cost savings. As a doctor I personally believe that your surgery can be easily handled in India, as the quality of healthcare available In India is simply best in the world. The surgeons are USA/UK trained and facilities are 5 star.

Many patients travel from United States of America and UK to get low cost surgery in India. Indian corporate hospitals are comparable to hospitals anywhere in the world. In fact, India has medical facilities that are comparable with the USA, UK and Canada. India offers World Class Medical Facilities, comparable with any of the western countries. India has state of the art Hospitals and the best medical experts. With the best infrastructure, the best possible Medical facilities, accompanied with the most competitive prices, you can get the treatment done in India at the lowest prices.

http://www.forerunnershealthcare.com
Hope this helps.

mcdannells
And you are a little over weight fro the knee. Yes doctors can be lazy!
If you were to young for the operation you are not now and take this piece of paper in with you and make sure you doctor reads it!
Sometimes doctors do not read your records. I found this out when given a medication that put me into a seizure. My chart clearly states I have seizures and can not have some, many medications. I was stupid and trusted that doctor...

REnate
Rating
Don't be so hasty to want surgery because it may not work. First, try to lose weight and you will notice a vast improvement.

I had so much pain from hip and knee problems then I lost weight (so hard) but now I feel like a different person and without surgery.

Happy New Year to you!

SportzPT
Rating
As a Pt, I recommend you see another orthopedic for a second or even third opinion. Make sure you go to a completely different group.
if an orthopedic MD spits out something about your weight as an issue--run (not literally). Do yourself a favor, at your next visit, do not mention your weight. everyone is always goning to tell you its a good idea to lose weight IF youre overweight BUT it is often not the cause of the derangment of the joint and simply losing weight will not fix the internal derangement. besides the meniscus, you want someone with an excellent pair of hands to check your ligaments for laxity or tears.
good luck and be confident.

Lola
Go see an orthopedic surgeon and get his opinion on what is wrong with your knee. Chances are by now you have adhesions, calcium deposits and all sorts of other problems. A tear usually won't heal itself, at least not correctly.

Big Bobby Clobber
You can demand the surgery, but from experience, if you are 50 pounds overweight, the operation will not be as successful. The extra weight will put a lot of pressure on the knee, and will impede healing.

Lose the weight firs. then have the surgery

Crystal D
Best advice for doctors if youre not satified with the answer they gave you, get another opinion.... If they say the same thing, try losing some weight first. If that doesnt work, then talk to a doctor about considering surgery... If it has to go that far... you can never be to pushy or demmanding with a doctor when it comes to your health. Try to not get surgery if you can avoid it though. Knee surgery is a very serious thing and its very difficult to heel from.

Deags
Rating
I worked at a PT clinic, and you should lose some weight before you get surgery. The extra weight will strain the knee, not to mention you will probably gain weight after your surgery due to inactivity. Whatever you do, LISTEN TO YOUR PT!!!! They don't just tell you things to be mean, they really know what is best for your knee. If you do everything they recommend, and continue with your exercises, your knee will be fine. Believe me, I've seen people do it with total knee replacements, and you will just be having a surgery. You can do it, you just have to be dedicated to getting better.
Also, from the sound of it you may have something more than just a meniscus tear. I'd say it sounds more like a ligament problem. The ligaments in your knee hold the bones in place over each other. Usually it is a combination of things, I would definately get it checked out. Good Luck

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, January 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy