Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Do I need to lose weight? and how do i?
i think i need to lose weight
im 12, 5'4, and weigh 145lbs.
but what is an easy way to do it?...

Will eating only eggs make me lose weight?

Tips on how to stop food cravings?? help!!?
do you have any tips for me because i say like "okay today im dieting" but within 2 hours im craving crisps,sweets,biscuits!!
i know a good tip is too get rid of all snacks in my ...

What is the easiest way to lose weight?

I Get Fat When I Exercise...Plz Help!!!?
I hate excerising, but whenever i excerise i just get fatter. I eat alot. Im not that Fat. But I need to Get in shape. Anything I can do? Without The pills and surgery??
Additional Details<...

Am I anorexic if I think I'm fat at 60 pounds, 4"11, and I eat 3 meals a day (1,400 calories)?
I have a stomach, and a big one, but I can see my ribs.
Additional Details
I am 14 years old....

Why is it im eating so much but im not putting on any wight?
I eat three meals aday but all the meals are fried and i am worryed im not putting any wight on....

What's a healthy weight for a girl who's 5'4 and 14.5 years old?

Is it ok to try throwing up for a few weeks to lose weight?
hi, im very over weight, im 23 5,11" in height and weigh about 23 stone, some scales cant read me

i hate how i look and feel fat

iv tried diets all the time but i always ...

Why are Americans getting fatter?
The US Center for Disease Control has stated that soon obesity will overcome smoking as the #1 preventable cause of death within the next 10 years. 8 years ago, 50% of the US was overweight or obese. ...

I want to loose weight but it is not working, what should i do???
Ok... im 13 and i weigh 104 pounds and im 5 feet 2 inches my bmi tests say im normal. But when i look in the mirror i c a fat person. I want to loose 10 pounds. My friends tell me to stop. Im purging,...

If you 're 5'8 how tall are you? get easy 10 points?

I need to lose about 10lbs fast. any tips.?

What are the best foods to eat to keep you full and help you lose weight?
I lost 45 pounds last year on diet pills and gained it all back quickly. Now I am determined to do this the right way. I am 17 years old, 5'7, and weigh 225. That is a lot. I really just want to ...

Am fat and sooo unhappy?
Am fat and sooo unhappy?
I'm 32 and weight 12 stones and 8lbs. I'm 5ft 8. with big bodyframe. My clothes size is 12/14. and bra size is 36DD. Is this fat???

I hate myself so ...

How can I gain weight before school starts in August??
I'm not sure if I have a fast metabolism or something because it seems impossible to gain weight. I weigh about 100 right now. How can i gain at least 20 pounds without spending alot of money?...

Is it better to join a gym or just walk every- morning?
I just want to lose tbis flab stomach and tone up other areas- please help, thank ...

I'm 13 and obese, I would like to lose weight, but where do I start?
I'm 13, 5'4" and 180 pounds. I would really like to lose weight, for a healthier life. Where do I start? What should I do first to lose weight? Any tips will be ...

What are the things you love about yourself? easy 2 points?
most people come on here and say all the things they hate about them selves i wanna see if there actually is anyone out there that loves something about themselves

for me its my hair =]

If i take a lextive every day or two time a day will i lose weight?

sal
Am i overweight?
Ok i'm a girl and i'm 14 years old. I am 5'3 and I weigh 125 but i feel like I weigh way more. Is this an Ok weight? I'd like it to be a little less. Also, is 60lbs an ok weight for a girl who is 13 and 4'7?

squishypinkdeathkitten
you're weights fine, i'm 5'5 and 145

jessica r
Rating
no u r not overweight

marty
I don't think that is a bad weight for a 14 year old girl who is 5'3". You're still young and you're going to go through some more growing yet. I can't say for sure about the 13 year old.

It all depends upon your build.

Good luck

tocool06
Rating
ur fine 60 pounds is way underweight

GIGI
Rating
look what made you think you are over weight in the first place there is a difference in looking good and feeling healthy i am a gym freak i love anything to do with the gym my trainer told me that it doesn't depend on your height verses size it depends on you muscle mass verses fat mass and skin. a small guy with huge muscles can stand on a scale and be classed as over weight only cause his muscles are the ones that weighs alot and its not fat. You can turn fat into muscles and tonne up but i don't think you should diet unless you have excess skin and fat hagging of you.

if you need more info email me or if i can answer any other questions you might have.

Fire_Rain
Rating
You're a 14 year old lady. Life is annoying sometimes and as you grow through puberty you'll gain weight and grow and then lose weight as you get older. Your weight sounds perfectly healthy but you may be underweight if you're naturally muscular (not big, just lean core muscle). The best way to be sure is to have a body fat content test with your doctor. Weight is very different for everyone. I've met girls who are size 10 and 5'2" and weigh 160 lbs, and I've met other girls who are 5'2", 140 lbs and are still a size 10. That's the difference between muscle and fat content.

If you try to lose weight at your age you risk damaging your body permanently. As much as you may feel you need to diet, you really shouldn't. And for the last question 60 lbs for 4'7" sounds like a normal healthy weight. But you really should talk to a doctor to know for sure.

Misho
5'3 and 125 is perfect weight..

But 60 and 4'7 I guess she hasnt matured yet

Forest
Rating
No!! you're just fine!
And I think 60 lbs is very much on the light side, yet survivable but ONLY because of the height and that I think I was probably that thin when I was 13. But yeah I'd want to beef up if I were her!!

Cathy
Rating
unless your doctors say your overweight then do not worry about it.

i am overweight & when doctors see that they yell in your ears.

Lexsy
Rating
your not over weight... im 13 and 5'7 and i weigth 125-130 not sure which one. your perfect:]

Whatever's Clever
Rating
No you're not overwieght at all. I am your same height and weighed exactly the same when I was extremely athletic. As for the 60 lb girl, sounds gross!! She is WAY underwieght...like "close to death" under weight. Bleh!! My 2 yr old is more than half her weight!

I ♥ Alex&Miguel
u r not overweight!!!! 60 lbs and 13??? i think thats underweight. im 13 and weigh 90.

yungurban
Rating
your average...the other girl is underweight

Kass C
no youre not over weight and at 14 you shouldnt have to worry about it!

and the girl who is 4'7" and 60 lbs.. thats deffinetly underweight.

~!~confused~!~
you aren't overweight.
that is abotu a 22 BMI.. which is totally normal.

however 60 and 4'7 is way underweight. it is like a 13.9 BMI!
definitely NOT healthy.

pandegin
Rating
no ur a perfect weight acording to ur bmi scale
but the other 1 is WAY underweight

Aww Yeah!
60 lbs? lol haha sure if you want to die

ashlea_accident
Rating
Your weight is fine.
You shouldnt worry about it, people are beautiful the way they are.
But yeah, 60 pounds is wayyyyy to small for the other girl.
Give her some cupcakes.

Katie J
yes its a fine weight.

60 pounds? 4'7? ehh thats prolly a little under weight but around the right one i spose

sunny s
i was also a little overweight 1st bt then i started eating less i mean from 3 times a day i began twice a day n now i only eat once not that u have to do the same u can loose ur weight if u feel u r a little overweight then u will have to do all those activities in which u prespire like for example u ride a bicycle for an hour or half n hour u will sweat n when u start sweating u loose weight so i think u must have understood ,n yes 60 ilbs is less for a girl who is 13.

Paris P
Rating
Howshould I Know I can't see you but you probably are if you are asking people

Clarence Cutler
A 60 pound 13 year old my god thats scrawny and a 125 pound 14 year old isnt over weight its normal.

♥Ava♥
Rating
yes you are fine

Jerry
Rating
BMI
60lb is not okay

Miz Peaches
just slightly....change what you eat and that should help...

The Unseen Shadow
You're fine. Don't worry about your weight! Unless you have trouble standing, sitting, rolling over, walking, talking, laughing, and breathing then you shouldn't worry about your weight :)

lalapop95
Rating
okay..first of all, you are not overweight. 125 is healthy for someone with your height and age..but if u dont believe me, you can check your BMI (body mass index) by google-ing it..just find a website wher u can do that, and all u have to do is type in ur age weight and height. and for your other question...i think that 60 pounds is a little too skinny :[. but i still think its OKAY considering that, that person is 4'7...i hope i helped

omfg
Rating
no ur fine... well don't feel like that sweetie your ok

Be GLAD NOT SAD

Kaitlin B
No 60lbs is VERY unhealthy for somebody who is 13.
but you are perfect.
work what you got and dont be ashamed of it

Chelsea C
Rating
your not overwieght, and 60 would be unhealthy

Dr. Knowitall
your bmi (body mass index) is 22.18 and it is absolutely normal but if not maintained you will be overweight

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy