Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am I overweight for my age/height?
I'm female.
I'm 5'7
I just turned 15
I weigh 163...

Im feeling suicidal someone please help me?
my email is lilmisssun22@yahoo.co.uk for any1 willing to ...

How do i seriously lose 100 pounds as quickly as possible?
i have a lot of stress which makes me gain weight...i say this because i don't eat a lot. mostly on the weekends. but i drink too.
Additional Details

Am I fat(with pictures)?
at all.even 1 lb overweight dont try to be nice.be as brutal as possible(but be honest and nice) what do you think?

http://www.myspace.com/S...

If one has eaten lots of junk in a day will it make up for it if this one goes for a long walk?

Is she fat at all please answer?
my friend is 5''2 and she is 135 pounds and she is 13 years old is she over ...

Is it true that people who are thin feel the cold more?

Is buttered popcorn fattening?
I dont like popcorn without butter , so dont tell me that option.
Just these microwave popcorn bags, do they have a lot of fattening calories?...

5'4'', 126 lbs, size 6. is this fat?
i feel fat, but i dont know if this is fat.
i'm 14, by the way.
please, be honest.
i know bmi calculators say that it's healthy or normal or whatever, but is it fat?...

What happens if I starve myself?
will i loose any weight
if i starve myself from today ( 7/28 ) until Sunday ( 8/3 )
or for like 3 weeks ?
or what can happen?
Additional Details

Am i fat[look in details]?
i weigh 120 somethign puonds
and 5'5
and ppl call me fat
but many call me normal and no ur not fat
i dont have a stomach at all
but i do have thighs
and that pisses ...

What is the quickest way to lose weight ??

Should you eat breakfast even if your not hungry?
please only answer if you know!?...

Im only eating fruits and fat free yogurt for 3 months now?
am i going to be okay?
im 15 in june btw)...

How can you put on wait when your skinny even if you eat allot?
i eat allot although i just dont put on wait....

CAn you tell me your age,height, and weight, Plz?

Which people disgust you more: fat people or shallow people who judge them by their appearance?

How do u lose 5 pounds a day?

Help! me! why do u exercise with music & why?
OK SO IM DOING A SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT & I ALOT OF PEOPLE TO TELL ME WHY U CHOSE TO LISTEN TO MUSIC WHILE U EXERCISE! & WHY!
THANKS ILOVEU!...

I didn't work out today and now I feel guilty?
Is this such a bad setback? I didn't have work or anything else to do today and I told myself I was going to workout a lot but I ended up lying in bed all day. I work out at least 3-5 times a ...

Nicki C
Am fat and sooo unhappy?
Am fat and sooo unhappy?
I'm 32 and weight 12 stones and 8lbs. I'm 5ft 8. with big bodyframe. My clothes size is 12/14. and bra size is 36DD. Is this fat???

I hate myself so much, and scared that my boyfriend will leave me for a thinner girl, ( hes 25) i have been on a diet for months now and not lost hardly anything. i also walk the kids to school sometimes,but i'm flat footed and my feet and legs get sore after a few days.

I dont want to strave myself and be silly i have to beautiful kids and i'm not going to make myself ill. I just need help.

As i think he will leave me, someone thinner. I now that i'm not ugly as i was going to go into Galmour modeling.

Thanks You xx
18 hours ago - 3 days left to answer
Additional Details
There have been some really good answers here, and alot of stupid ones with some nasty ones thrown in.

I am far from lazy, and have clinically diagnosed flat feet, by a real doctor. Also, I have already lost a lot of weight, whilst my BF has been with me. He got with me when I was a lot bigger, and it is my own self-esteem to be honest that is making me feel he will leave. He is very supportive, and far from shallow. I have hit a plataeu with the diet.

As for the nast comments from people, I will never understand why people bother to make others feel worse. It must be the fact that your insignificant to start with.

As for Boy Betta Know, your a level one scrote. You will find that Yahoo! anwers puts a questionmark in automatically because this is a questions and answers community. A place where people can share advice and experiences. Your just a moron. What else can I say??

chloejanemariea
Rating
your just being silly for someone of your age i would of thought you would have sense 12 stone is not heavey if 14 stone and i do not class myself fat and you obioulsy do not trust your man much if you think he would do that go away and stop creating a problem you know fine well you have not got

Tiffy.
It's not fat. Just overweight i would say.

drownedfish
If you stand up loads to start with your feet hurt so much and are really tired but then you get used to it, seriously, don't mean used to the pain, I mean it just feels completely normal and they don't hurt anymore - it's easy to stand for ages.

sjc191 - Mike Adamle is Extreme
Rating
OK, going on a diet isn't going to help you lose too much weight, you have to exercise, try getting 30 minutes more exercise every week, don't snack between meals, avoid takeaways as much, eat more healthy meals, and eat healthy breakfasts

EVERYONE should be able to control their weight. In my opinion, there is no excuse for being overweight.

BORED d(-_-)b
Rating
soory to hear that but i promise you now if you do this diet it will lose you at least 10lbs a time(3 days) my parents and all my friends parents all have done it and lost 10-12lbs each time its proven to work as its from the heart foundation they use it in hospitals to get patients to lose weight before operation etc any way all i know as it works and fast and every one i have gave it to are very happy with the resualts so good luck and have fun :)

YOU MUST DRINK 5 X 8OZ GLASSES OF WATER EACH DAY.
THE DIET MUST BE FOLLOWED EXACTLY TO LOSE 10LBS IN 3 DAYS.

DAY 1
BREAKFAST
Black coffee/tea, ½ grapefruit, 1 slice toast, 2 spn of peanut butter or small tin baked beans.

LUNCH
Black coffee/tea, 4 oz tuna, 1 slice toast.

DINNER
2 Slices any cold meat, 1 cup string beans, 4oz beetroot, 1 small apple, 4oz vanilla ice cream.

DAY 2
BREAKFAST
Black coffee/tea, 1 egg, 1 slice toast, ½ banana.

LUNCH
Black coffee/tea, 4oz cottage cheese, 5 saltina crackers.

DINNER
2 Slices any cold meat, 4oz broccoli, 2oz carrots, ½ banana, 4oz vanilla ice cream.

DAY 3
BREAKFAST
Black coffee/tea, 5 saltina crackers, 1 slice cheddar cheese, 1 small apple.

LUNCH
Black coffee/tea, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 slice toast.

DINNER
4oz tuna, 4oz beetroot, 4oz cauliflower, ½ melon, 4oz vanilla ice cream.

THIS DIET WORKS ON A CHEMICAL BREAKDOWN AND IS PROVEN. DO NOT MIX OR SUBSTITUTE ANY OF THE ABOVE FOODS. SALT & PEPPER CAN BE USED BUT NO OTHER SEASONING.

THIS DIET IS TO BE USED 3 DAYS AT A TIME. IN 3 DAYS YOU WILL LOSE 10LBS. AFTER 3 DAYS OF DIETING YOU CAN EAT NORMALLY BUT REMEMBER NOT TO OVERDO IT. YOU CAN LOSE UP TO 40LBS IN A MONTH IF YOU STICK TO IT.

TOAST MUST BE DRY. NO BUTTER OR MARGE.
SALTINA CRACKERS ARE TUC OR RITZ.

Sumit S
yeah go running 2 hours everyday and just eat salads and drink water.

zero
well i'm skinny and i don't know what to say, i would not go on a diet because there bad, i would start to eat good food, exercise and do more work and watch less T.V. good luck

tominator1uk
With all due respect you seem to be creating the same thing that causes most people trying to lose weight to fail.....excuses.

In your question you put

'i'm flat footed'

'my feet get sore'

'i wouldn't want to risk illness'

It's an excuse. I'm sad to say it, you have to exercise and watch what you eat, pure and simple. Don't bother with fad diets they don't work.

weight loss isn't complicated, all you have to do is burn off more calories than you consume.

Cut out fatty foods
Instead of coke and alcohol drink water
Do 15 mins of floor exercises in the morning and at night.

You'll slowly start to lose weight. And if the idea of 'oh but it's gonna make my feet hurt, or 'I haven't got time because of the kids' pops into your head ignore it.....because it's just excuses.

Yahoo Makes Me Mad
I don't know the Stone conversion, but you may have a thyroid problem or diabetes....

if you have tried and tried and haven't had any success it might be beyond your control...

Sara :)
Rating
excersice

'fat' people give the best hugs
:)

Jellebene
You have two choices. Either learn to live with yourself as you are or do more exercise and diet.

Most of us are in the same boat in that respect. While I sympathise ( I am in a similar situation myself) You have to acknowledge that this is a lifestyle choice. If you lack the self discipline to diet and exercise your are going to get fat.

Ask yourself if the effort and discomfort of a healthy diet and exercise for the rest of your life are worse than the physical and emotional distress caused by being overweight. You have to decide.

D
Rating
I have never heard of a man leave a woman because of her weight. Dieting is not the answer to weight loss. Cutting down, smaller portions and some regular exercise will help.
Talk to him about your concerns.

bill g
Rating
your'e boyfriend needs to support you more than give you the imppresion that he will be rid of you --- by the same token the bf might just looking for an " excuse " to get out .
you need to try and get some confidence back in your life ( can't keep being negative )
you sound " cuddly " not " huge " but if you are worried about your weight --- do a good bit of walking --- it's good therapy not only for weight loss ; but it helps clear the mind and will help you while you are a bit negative . ( it's all in the mind love )
but having said that --- if this guy is making you feel bad --- then you best be rid of him and find someone more committed --- i can't see you --- but you are not ugly --- because your personality shines ! .
good luck .

�♥kIssÈs♥→
Rating
Eat Healthy and Exercise Daily or at least 3 times a week! Lots of Running or Walking! I know your feet hurts, you need better sneakers and if it would help buy those sole gel for your feet that you put in your shoes! Don't even worry about your husband leaving you. He married you for a reason. If he leave you for your looks then he ain't worth keeping, too shallow and its not true love!

Ghostface
Exercise - Exercising is SO much more effective than dieting!
Get a gym membership and force yourself to go . after 2 weeks or so, you will enjoy going and it wont be a chore anymore. Remember, its easy to be a quitter, so you HAVE TO push yourself! Go to the gym 3 times a week at least. and Run run run. its so much more effective than walking

smellybunnies
Rating
well first thing id like to say is....ignore the dude named "bicycle". he is quite obviously not a doctor, extremely rude, very judgemental, and givin horrible advice.....it bothered me and i hope u dont take it too seriously! :D

u need to be proud of who u are! (cliche i kno but very tru!) if u were then this wudnt be an issue! there are many many many ways to lose weight HEALTHILY! stick to the basics....eating healthy and exercising regularly! simple! it only works tho if you keep it consistent...so apply watever changes you make in your lifestyle with ur kids too...to keep u motivated.

dont worry urself over ur boyf and only lose weight to please him...if he really loved u then he wud stick by u and love u exactly the way u are.....if he doesnt then hes obviously not the one for u....u deserve someone who can love u for who u are and not who he wants u to be...i hope things work out for u

:D

Jonah Chan
If i were you,i wudn't even care if im fat or not, if ur boyfriend reli loves you, he will accept u for who u are, u shld juz relax and i think going for modelin is a good idea.
go for it =)

Srah H
Rating
Completely ignore that guy: Bicycle
He is obviously not a doctor as NO doctor would tell you that advice. That is exactly what would make you ill and mess you up possible for life!
One you are not fat, you may be slightly overweight but you probably just look curvy. Thats what men love anyways.
Do not hate yourself, love yourself for who you are and learn to flaunt your assets!!
You also cant be that overweight if you were going to go into glamour modeling?

The skinny look is out, watch americas next top model, cycle 10, the winner was a plus size model! And she does not look plus size, thats in the modeling world. She is skinny....

Just eat healthily, try the south beach diet, research it on google or buy the books from borders. 3 healthy meals and maybe a few snacks in between. And exercise at least 5 times a week. If your flat footed go to a podiatrist to sort it out. If none of this works then go see a doctor as it could be something beyond your control!
Remember you are beautiful and if your boy friend really loves you he will stay with you. If not, he is not worth it!

Ed T
Rating
yahoo answers is not the place for you. I think you need professional help. But here is what I feel.
In fact I used this in another answer today. The number one goal of any human being is STABILITY. We go to work, we study, why? To achieve stability in our lives. If you think 'body image' is causing loss of stability in your life, then take corrective measures. Start exercising even if you r not fat! Exercise rules this world. Even thin people do and definitely fat ones do it. Ask yourself how you can achieve the most stability in your life and DO IT!

d-man_mnm
U r perfect as u r

if ur bf leaves u he aint worth it

think +ive

Trumpsup
Rating
Do it for you - not for your partner.
If he left you for another person you wouldnt want a guy like that anyway.
I hope your kids arent girls - they will grow up thinking the same way.

sunshine
It does not matter you are fat or thin to be happy!I was too thin in 2005 and I was not too happy...

Now I am fat and I am happy, it is related with emotions and thoughts.Change your thoughts and love yourself even you are too fat or too poor....

Ross
Rating
hi...Your slightly overweight for your height...i think you need to stop worrying about what might happen and worry more about what you will make happen. I understand you have children and it isn't always easy to get out to walk or go to a gym..so you need to talk to your partner...if he is understanding he should give you time to yourself where by you could meet up with a friend to go exercising with. Its tough sticking to diets so its better to be realistic...don't starve yourselve but cut out nibbling....very easy to do with kids...just keep reminding yourself of your goal...set a realistic target...keep it small....acheive this and then move on to the next......keep a record of what you eat everyday.....this is helpful....aim to eat healthier....cut out bread cheese and high carbohydrates but occasionaly treat yourself. Try to change your patteren.....play with your kids..bring them to the park play in the garden and all this will burn calories...and you'll probably have fun to. Also you mention you have flat feet....go to a doctor and explain this and you can get speical shoes made for this problem also he may help set a good healthy plan for you. You sound like you have a big chest...you should be proud of this...Im sure you partner is happy....you just need to talk to each other more about these things...make him realise how important all this is for you...so try to be more positive...

muzai-kyuuka
Rating
no! you're not fat. i'm in my early teens and am a size 12. you're not fat! there's no reason for you to be unhappy. you're perfect just the way you are and no-one should be allowed to put you down. if you still don't have confidence in the way you look try going out for short walks with your freinds in the evening, my mum's done this, she also went to the dreaded place.......... weight watchers *cringe* but it's helped her, she does both of these and has lost three stone in a month....... (or so she say's. {(^_)} but then she's been stupid by eating 5 pounds of galaxy. lol!) but whatever you do don't DIET, it affects the way your children eat and think as they get older. the best thing to do is eat a balanced meal and talk to people who feel the same as you whilst having fun. i've been to w-w meeting with my mum, everyone's happy and hey beggin to feel good about themselves. but remember, it's what's on the inside that counts!

<3 kyuu.

chicken
just exercise and eat healthy.

Sandra T
Rating
Love you 1st! I like people with a good, fun, personality and a good friend.

Rose
Exercise.

Rory B
um
um
um
um im sorry but has NO_ONE picked up on the 32 DD's

NO-ONE i know has ever left someonebecause theyre fat
and to be honest men like something to hold on to.
but if you really want too lose weight just eat the right food, stick inside your RDA and.....

BUY A TRAMPOLINE
its the most efficient fr of exercise known to man.and woman

hope this helpssss

Russell P
Rating
You sound perfect to me !! Answer this -do you hate your liver ? your gall-bladder ?-Why hate yourself -everyone is born with a certain body style -Mesomorph-blah blah blah blah -If you can afford one , a recumbent bike sounds perfect for you -at least 15 minutes a day -take care of your cardio first -the rest will follow and as a favor to me -please stop hating yourself .

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy