Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is she fat at all please answer?
my friend is 5''2 and she is 135 pounds and she is 13 years old is she over ...

Is it true that people who are thin feel the cold more?

Is buttered popcorn fattening?
I dont like popcorn without butter , so dont tell me that option.
Just these microwave popcorn bags, do they have a lot of fattening calories?...

5'4'', 126 lbs, size 6. is this fat?
i feel fat, but i dont know if this is fat.
i'm 14, by the way.
please, be honest.
i know bmi calculators say that it's healthy or normal or whatever, but is it fat?...

What happens if I starve myself?
will i loose any weight
if i starve myself from today ( 7/28 ) until Sunday ( 8/3 )
or for like 3 weeks ?
or what can happen?
Additional Details

Am i fat[look in details]?
i weigh 120 somethign puonds
and 5'5
and ppl call me fat
but many call me normal and no ur not fat
i dont have a stomach at all
but i do have thighs
and that pisses ...

What is the quickest way to lose weight ??

Should you eat breakfast even if your not hungry?
please only answer if you know!?...

Im only eating fruits and fat free yogurt for 3 months now?
am i going to be okay?
im 15 in june btw)...

How can you put on wait when your skinny even if you eat allot?
i eat allot although i just dont put on wait....

CAn you tell me your age,height, and weight, Plz?

Which people disgust you more: fat people or shallow people who judge them by their appearance?

How do u lose 5 pounds a day?

Help! me! why do u exercise with music & why?
OK SO IM DOING A SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT & I ALOT OF PEOPLE TO TELL ME WHY U CHOSE TO LISTEN TO MUSIC WHILE U EXERCISE! & WHY!
THANKS ILOVEU!...

I didn't work out today and now I feel guilty?
Is this such a bad setback? I didn't have work or anything else to do today and I told myself I was going to workout a lot but I ended up lying in bed all day. I work out at least 3-5 times a ...

Am I overweight?
I am an 18 year old boy who is 6 foot tall and 16 stones in weight! Am i fat? And if I am how much shall i lose and how?

Thanks

Mark
Additional Details

How much should a girl, 18, 5"7" weight? b/c i weigh 123 pounds?

Its like anorexia but i dont want to lose weight, i want to be taller?
im naturally skinny, so weight is by no means an issue for me.
my obsession is with gaining height
i eat things with lots of vitamins, lots of calcium
im always stretching my legs, ...

Am I fat???!!!? PLEASE HELP!?
I'm 15, I weight 120, and I'm 5'4. I FEEEL fAT =( AM II??...

Am I too skinny?
I'm 13 year old.
I'm 4'11 and I weigh 70 lbs.
I try to gain weight but, it's not working.
What should I do?
Thanks for the help!
I appreciate it!...

danielumika
If i take a lextive every day or two time a day will i lose weight?

Em x
You wont be able to get off the loo to eat, so I imagine so!!

LadyLynn
Rating
No!! And you'll end up really sick. If you're constipated check out a new laxitive on the market called Miralax. ( It's cheaper to get it thru a doctor with a prescription.)Eat an apple every day. Eat some veggies every day.(I like frozen peas, 2 minutes in the mic.) Exercise every day for at least 15-20 minutes.(Walking, swimming, treadmill, or stationary bike)Drink lots of water. Try to cut out sugary foods completely. Back to the laxatives. You'll need more and more. Once a month is ok , but definitely not every day. And you only get rid of waste! Your body still absorbs all the calories. I was chronically constipated for 10 years, because I'm on a lot of meds. So I know what I'm telling you. Good luck, hon! :)

mamsy0
yes you will but also will course a weak bowl over time. so best not. lose weight by a healthy diet

Natalie
the only thing you lose with laxatives is what will come out eventually anyway. you create more problems than solve this way.
if you really need something to help you with bowel movements then try glycerin suppositories.

The Instructor
Rating
Yes you will also probely end up with some sort of illness and die. Then you will loose lots of weight as you rot underground of are cremetated:) Or you could not be so stupid and get off your **** and excercise properly and instead of ingesting chemicals you could eat healthly. If you take laxitives it can also damage your digestive system and stop it from functioning properly. Sorry but i have to say if you are genunily considering that for weight lose you are a moron.

**It'z all good**
You probably will, but this is not a recommended way to lose weight. Follow a balanced diet and aim to lose 2-3 pounds a week and take regular exercise and you'll be well on you Way to weight loss.

(If only I could take my own advice)!! Lol.

Leadenwinter
no.. you'll just harm yourself.. do 20 pushups in the morning and 20 squats in the afternoon and 50 crunches at night ... everynight and gradually increase .. you'll lose weight and look gr8 in about a couple of monthes

JenH-RN
u might lose some weight but u will also be risking fatal heart probs because u are decreasing the ability of ur body to absorb and use vitamins and minerals. u can also become very dehydrated.

TracylovesABBA
You might lose weight, but it's not guaranteed. However, you may also lose control of your anal sphinctre muscle, your bowel and your digestive tract with prolonged use, and this will lead to you pooping yourself because you can't stop it. This will also mean that you might eat, but it'll be a quick in and out job, and you'll get no nutrients from any food, and you'll become very ill and you may die. It sounds to me like you're stood on the edge of the precipice that is an eating disorder, and you are asking for help. Well done for asking for that help, but it's not good just asking us. You need to ask your mum or dad, a sibling, a friend, a teacher, a doctor, anyone you know and trust. Look after yourself my dear.

Shy
Definitely DONOT take a laxative everyday. It would be very dangerous. To begin with the only healthy way to lose weight is with your healthy diet plan and exercise. Now, I would like you to please understand what effects you will experience if you follow the laxative plan. You may lose weight, but at your own life. You may become dehydrated. You willnot get the nourisment that your body needs to exist. Your intestines will become very irritable as you are constantly ridding them. Just so that you know, the body absorbs nurtients and other needed vitamins ,etc Your other body systems will shut down or become lacking the substances that they need to work properly. Depending on how much you are willing to sacrifice. You may develop an addiction and get to the point that you will need them. You are probably too young to remember the singer named Karen Carpenter. She would take laxatives contiuously as well had a eating problem, not eating healthy foods and then vomit that little bit of food up. She stopped it with help. She had a heart atttack because her lifestyle had wreecked so much on her body and it was too late for her. Please! DONOT use Laxative to weight. There are other weight loss plans that will help you to lose weight. With your laxative loss plan will HELP you lose WEIGHT and IT may help you to lose something much more important, possibly YOUR LIFE.

emily L
Rating
laxatives help you lose water more than fat, thus it does make you lose weight but not in the right way. Its habit forming and dangerous, in fact its extremely bad on your bowels. would you really want the side effects of laxatives every day? honestly, your better off losing weight with exercise (shown as teh most effective way). please dont do this. go to your GP for further advice.

Paramedic Girl
Taking laxatives, other than by doctors orders is one of the dumbest things you can do.

One you will become very ill and do you will wreck your internal bowel organs.

Instead, eat healthy (cut out junk and fast foods) and exercise. Bike ride, walk, swim... what have you.

Taking laxatives will only make you very ill very fast.

Mari
Rating
no

Emily-Pip
Rating
No it doesnt - lots of people thinks it does however! Chaeck on the interent for more detail but my best friend tried it, she lost no weight and cant go to the loo any more, she also has a 45% increase in the risk for kidney cancer!
Laxitivs dont work in your stomach they go straight through adn work in your intestines, therefore all the fat etc is alreaddy absorbed into your system! They do however help you loose a little water weight, which when you drink goes back on. I would advice to to stay away from them, they are really dangerous and you can have life-long problems because of them! My friend also has problems with bloating and most things make her bloated, apparenty this is strongly related!
About the wightloss I'm afarid I cant help. I desperately want to loose weight and be a size 8 liek my friends, Ive been on the interent for hours looking for ways to loose weight, I didnt mind if they damaged my body just so long as they worked, i triued alxitives for a bit but wwhen my friend found out she told me the extent she was damaged, and how it would never go away!
I understand and symphasie with your weight loss, and which i could five you the quick-fix way to loosing weigh, however that would mean I knew and was slim!
Really sorry i couldnt be more help - but plase dont bother with the laxitives, all that fdamage and you dont even loose weight!
Hope i helped Em xxxx

Tee
Yes you will lose weight, but you will also severely compromise your health.
Laxatives are not ment for long term use, and even when used correctly, they can cause side effects.

scented rose
Rating
simple answer that is not the way to loose weight ,it is possibly even dangerous and would leave you with more problems . go on a proper diet / exercise and over a period of time you should loose some the healthy way .

Dr Kildare
Rating
Yes, to start with, but it's only the weight of the fluid that you're losing and won't last for long. Annoyingly there's only one sure way to lose weight. that's to use up more energy (by exercising) than you're taking in (by eating). Laxative abuse can make you ill by washing out essential elements from the body, please don't do it.
Don't be too hard on yourself. It's more important to be a bit overweight and happy than thin and neurotic!

country jenny
Rating
don't take silly risks with your body' do the calorie counting or points and do exercise it's the only way do it properly

seema kg
Rating
No U will not, U will only be spending a lot of time in the loo! Don't do it, It does not work.

Crazy_crow
Rating
probably but you are going to cause yourself more harm than good

jurydoc
Rating
You will lose feces. That is not fat. You may also do damage to your bowel.

Kristen
Rating
Using laxatives to lose weight is considered an eating disorder sweetie! Please dont! I am an exercise physiology major and there are better ways! Just create a negative energy balane. AKA Burn more calories than you consume! Go to mypyramid.gov this is an excellent source to help you determine how many calories you should consume! If you cut 500 calories a day you will lose 1 Ib in a week, because 1 Ib of fat weighs 3500 calories. If you through a some cardiovasular exercise into the mix, you will lose the weight safely and in no time!

Hope this helps.. GOOD LUCK!

Tootnuts
Rating
If you want to loose weight and stay healthy laxatives are not an option. The best way to loose weight is through healthy eating end exercise. abusing laxatives in this way can lead so some serious medical conditions

klmmlk27
Rating
Laxatives are very dangerous. Obviously sometimes they're necessary - but to take them to lose weight is not practical. You can cause your body great harm.

I encourage you not to do this. If you need further information I would read up about anorexia - to convince you laxatives are not an alternative to lose weight.

KD
No, you will cause irreparable damage to the lining of your intestines and will create a dependence. In other words, if used too long, you will always need to take a laxative to go to the toilet.
Laxatives should only be used for occasional irregularity. Not as a diet aid.
Please go speak to a counsellor and start giving a damn about your body. It is the only one you have and must last your whole life.
Here is how you maintain your body weight. Food in - move around - food in - move around - food in - move around - food in - move around...........

SOPH 07
Rating
dont be insane dont do this at all ever unless advised to for medical reasons.

eat less and move more. thats how to lose weight.

priyu
Rating
I would suggest you for sake of your stomach not do this kind of experiments ,if you want to lose your weight try the balanced diet and exercises.

padearden
Rating
yes you will lose weight you will also strip the lining off your stomach probably vomit blood and eventually possibly die

Vacinando
yes, and kidney function as well. please don't do it.

mianjo413
Rating
You will get sick, lose weight the traditional way with a balanced diet and exercise.

Sammyleggs222
A laxative yes....lexitive no!

It can be unhealthy though and habit forming....do not do it....

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy