Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Has anyone had a tooth break while eating coleslaw?

Im sooo scared!Im getting braces!Do they hurt?

Hate how dentist makes small talk while I'm on the chair.?
Okay, I am going to the dentist in about an hour and I had to have this particular one because the man I prefer is booked out. This dentist however makes a lot of small talk, asking me about college ...

How do i get whiter teeth in 1 month??

I have bad & crooked teeth, who do I see first?
Should I see the orthodontist first or the dentist first?
My teeth are in bad condition and they're also crooked, havent seen a dentist in 10years
I thought I'll confront my ...

I know that eating too much toothpaste can be fatal, but how much is too much?

Additional Details
I don't have an obsession with toothpaste, I have a perfectly normal relationship with toothpaste. I do, ...

Braces!!!????
Does anyone the average cost of braces???...

Omg braces!!!!?
I will be getting braces soon and im totally affraid. I mean yea i want them because my teeth are a mess but i hate pain. I just hate pain. Can someone tell me the process of getting braces and also ...

What if you break your right hand what do you do?

A painful white sore below my gum in my mouth?
i have had it for about 4 days. it is right where my gums end and where my cheek begins. It looks like a cut, but it is white so i didn't know if it was a canker sore. It looks a little ...

My friend has bad breath.?
My friend has bad breath. she told me and i know its kind of true. she said that whenever she brushes her hard pallet and her tongue..is when she can smell it. but it often smells really bad. Some ...

What stains teeth more, coffee or tea?

Scared about Wisdom Teeth Extraction?
I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on Friday and I'm very scared. But more importantly, my boyfriend's father's retirement party is on Saturday and I really want to go. Will I be ...

Is getting your wisdom teeth pulled as bad as I think it is? I will survive right? lol?
Im 25 and my wisdom teeth are KILLING ME! They weren't really bothering me until this year and now the whole left side of my mouth is swollen and infected! Im just such a baby when it comes to ...

Pls answer I am worried?
I have red spots in my mouth, on the roof, and on the inside of ym lips. and i also have white ones like blisters, but really painful, tey are white, and i have surrounded all my mouth. i just woke ...

Whats the best thing to eat after having your wisdom teeth out?

Can you really die from an abscess tooth?

I`m getting braces in 2 weeks.. Does it hurt alot?
what should I do to prepare myself and what should I expect
Additional Details
how long do you think im going to have them on...I only ...

Which Gum is best...?
In your opinion what is the best gum to chew...?...

What is a natural alternative to tooth paste?

Sally
Braces????
I'm getting braces do they hurt

lavender_x_bloom
i'd love to tell you they don't...
but honestly, they are MADLY painful.. and not just at the beginning.
when you first get braces, it's nothing compared to the pain you endore later [x
every month at your ortho appt, they tend to change things around with your braces.
your braces cut your gums and cause extreme soreness for the time you have them :/

little_babe7882
no!
just dont chew gum
its badd!

Marrika R
Rating
When you first get them on it will be sore and hurt for the first two days. Then you get more used to it and it's no big deal.

cmbnchl0e
Not really but it felt weird to chew after I first got them on. I couldn't eat solids for a couple days.

adam v
getting them on usually doesnt hurt but it makes your teeth really soar. there are some things like mouth wideners that hurt terribly. flossing becomes very challenging. i actually just got mine off today

chee_ta4
Rating
yeah they hurt but for a few days trust me when you get them off youll be happy you got them

Caroline
Rating
The first few days you get them on they hurt. But when you get them tightened, they only hurt a little bit.

myrag13
Rating
no, but if you're a baby about things and when you get scratched or a bubo you worry about it, then you might think so. I had them put on twice, and no pain. It's just pulling your teeth, it's not that bad.

Roxas
I'm not sure about that, but I don't think so, I think it depends...

Lilsweetee
okay....i have braces...and here is how they feel....when u first get them on u won't feel any pain actually...and then a few moments after you get them on....you will feel some pain...its because your teeth are moving....(but dont worry you will get used to it, and the pain will just start fading away)...but it will take some getting used to...in the first days you can eat soft foods that aren't so hard on your teeth....oh...and always remember that it will take some time to see the improvements on your teeth...so the braces will take some patience...

ur gonna start to feel some pain when they adjust the braces too... but you get used to it...and as time passes it starts to fade.. i only had one adjustment...but i think this is whats gonna happen cus your teeth are being moved =)

so all in all it will take time to get used too

Rachel G
Rating
they hert a bit.

CaliJean
Rating
They hurt like hell and tear up your lips on the inside...
personally i liked my smile before.. it just all depends on how messed up your teeth are... if you are comfortable with the way you are then dont get them!

PS: they really really hurt especially in the beginning!!!

Amber[Attack]!
Rating
Just at first, and when you get them adjusted.

clover_692
Rating
well. they hurt for like 3 days then u kinda get used to em' but they dig in your gums. but take a pain reliever before and after.
you'll be juss fine.

Dancechick
Rating
4 the first couple of days it does hurt. it hurts 2 eat hard foods. after yur braces r on, eat soft things like smoothies, icecream, jello, pudding, yogurt, etc. but after that, they dont hurt at all. unless something is poking at yur gums or something like that. there a pain, but after there off, its worth it! remember 2 brush yur teeth well and floss! flossing is annoying, but u have 2 do it.

K
Rating
seriously i really do not know by the way i am getting some to probably end of this year my friends told me they don't really hurt only maybe the first couple days u will be in pain but then u get used to having them on ur teeth

lilmoomoolover86
Rating
Yes.

SillySea
Rating
Hey Girl!
i just got them yesterday.
It depends on your tooth size- if they 'dig into your gum' so dont worry about that unless you have tiny teeth
I dont have that problem. It takes about 30 minutes to get everything done, goes by fast. The spacers that they put on first so that they can fit the cap on your back teeth hurts more than the braces themselfs-
you have the spacers on for a few days before getting the braces on. Yes your teeth are going to be sore- but a little tyln- and your fine. I tired eating pasta today and it hurt like a b**** im just eating mash potatoes n soup for a lil but its not as bad as you think- really. its gonna take a lil getting use to but in the end you'll be sporting some beautiful teeth. the Ortho Assist- explains everything what you can and cannot eat and how you should brush.

Good Luck Sweetheart and dont be afraid to SMILE ;)

L-o-v-e, [t][e][f]
Omg, NO..
They really don't hurt.
When they put them on your teeth you don't even feel it.
They just kind of ache the second day. So just use some ora jell, or pain killer, like motrin. Thats what they tell you to use!
They DON'T hurt, they just annoy...

taylortricky
yea only for the first few days, then you dont even realize you have them. but brush them really good, your breathe will start to stink alot more.
=]

chechee
Yes, they did for me. But it's just more of a constant ache. Just as soon as your teeth get used to it and the location they're in, you have to go get them adjusted/tightened again. It'll be okay though!! You'll love the ending result!

Raphiela
sometimes
like right after you get them on or get them tightened

puppyprincess
Rating
Hello,
Yes they hurt like well down there. But I think I could give you advive about braces. See I got them in christmas oh what a present lol. Ok before you go eat and take adivil it will help with the pain, then afterwards brush them. So when you get there you will sit on the seat they will have these things holding your cheeks open. They will put white clue on each tooth it doesnt taste bad afterwards they will put like a little cilver bracket on it and then they will put the brace bar when they tight it it doesnt hurt unless you have croocked teeth. Then you get to pick your color bands. I picked blue because its my favorite color. It doesnt hurt when you get them on till the next day or night and its like ahh! dont clung your teeth together trust me! you have to eat soft stuff for like about a week 5 days then you could eat regualr food. See what food i ate when i first got them on,apple sauce,yogurt, soup thats it then like later on you can go to the next stem like gellow and chhese soft cheese. And then you can start eating!! There stuff that you cant eat like pizzacrust,ice,gum,candy,sugar,soda lol i lost weight and i was already skinny. And they will give you a little brush to get the gunk attached to your beaces. Then your mom will have to order tools to clean your teeth. And make sure you take advil for a while, it helps. You have to ve careful with your braces because if your not your teeth will get more damaged. And you have to clean them evertime you eat so what i do is at wal mart they have these traveling tooth brshes to take with you. Dont worry it all sounds bad but its not i been through the experience and i have one more year left with them off and then get perfect teeth. Ask your doctor if there a brace bar called sure smile not many places have it and it takes a year off so you can get it off sooner but its more exspenice mine cost $6000. I no you can do it and it only hurts for a little bit and hey you get perfect teeth.
I no you can do it, it will be ok i promise before you will no it they will be off
take care
good luck
from brace master

Anna P
They don't hurt that much they only hurt after you get them on or get them tightened and you are chewing. a lot of my friends said that spacers hurt worse than the actual braces but i never got spacers so i don't really know what they feel like.

lost_feather_found
For the first week, but looking back I wished I had known about invaslign back then. I heard about it last night, and it works like braces but it's removable and you can't see it. Same price as braces though. Seriously consider it before you end up with metal in your mouth like myself.

rabbi
Rating
not that much. they hurt alot if you have to remove a tooth, for the procedure. and they hury for a week after they put it on. well to me it didnt hurt when the docs put the braces on. but it hurt afterwards alot. it hury everytime i tried to eat.

Lauren (:
Rating
they didnt hurt me .
after the first day they were sore for like 3 days .
there not painful really (:
dont worry about it .
it doesnt hurt when they take em off either !

firedupdawg
Very much so. But only for a few days after you have them adjusted. And they are almost always on longer than they say they will me. I had them for 3 yrs when they said a year and a half.

k.withlub
Rating
when they put them on you, you feel a ticklish feeling in you gums. Then after about an hour, it starts hurting more and more. It will stop hurting in a couple of days, maybe even a week. After that, the only time your teeth will hurt again is after your checkups where they put new wires and rubber bands on your braces.

MeganElizabeth
Rating
Nah you'll be fine and it'll be one of the best descisions of your life trust me. It may not seem that way at first but later on you'll thank yourself times a million.
It does not hurt at all when they put them on but its really the pressure you feel (after effects) for about a week so just eat soft foods. I remember being all upset when i first got them because it felt weird even to put a spoon in my mouth but i quickly adjusted over after about a week.
Its so exciting when you see the difference of alignment of your teeth after about a week or two.
Happy bracing and don't worry your gonna be fine. Braces are cute anyways

Ephesus
the first night will probably hurt a little, just because they dig into your gums a bit, but you get used to it really fast.
the whole teeth moving process goes pretty slow, so it doesn't hurt so much, but at random times a couple teeth might hurt, but not alot at all.
braces overall really don't hurt that bad. i have them, and they're fine.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.114
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy