Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is life always so f**ken hard?
in june 2007 i was raped as a male it was very hard 4 me 2 cope. life has only got harder will it get any better who has a bad time living??? can we pull through
Additional Details

Am I depressed?
Constant breakdowns. Afraid i'll never find happiness. I'm the lonliest person, super sensitive. Mother is bi-bolar unaware of how much she hurts me. parents are super strict.divorced. Not ...

I keep having suicidal feelings why do i feel this way how do i get it to stop an leave me alone forever?

Do you ever just stare at the wall for hours on end?
I maybe just at the floor - staring at nothing and thinking nothing. Is this normal?...

I have asked it before, but I need help!?
I'm really depressed, and I have really bad anxiety...I think I'm fat and ugly...and people get mad because they don't see how I could think that...I get really nervous around people......

What do u do when u get really depressed?
what do u do when u get really really ...

Are you afraid of dying?
Every year around my birthday I get depressed about getting older. Any suggestions that don't involve, drinking or drugs?...

How do i tell my parents I'm depressed?
Ok I'm have 13 and have been pretty depressed for about the past year, no one has noticed except my best friend. She keeps telling me ,to tell me parents but i just don't know how. I have ...

Is it acceptable to rely on someone else for happiness?

Do you ever want to just run away?
Just get away from the responsiblities of being mother, wife, taxi driver,house keeper ect.. Whats a good way to just relax when you have all this built up stress?
Additional Details

Answer first correctly and get 10 points...........?
What antidepressant was one of the teens on during the Columbine incident?

A) Prozac
B) Zoloft
C) Effexor
D) Luvox
E) P...

I think I'm bi-polar?
I am 14 years old and everyone I talk to seems to associate my moods with adolecence, but I've started to notice that my mood swings are alot more violent than anybody else I know. One day I can ...

Why can't I just snap out of it?
I am very sensitive and get depressed easily. I feel empty as I lost my boyfriend and my job. I just want to snap out of it and start better care of myself. I just know don't know how. My ...

How can i love this baby when the father has made me feel so worthless?

How can I shake this off I don't know what's wrong with me?
This is not like me I'm feeling very down tonight I don't know why nothing has happened to me I feel like I could burst into tears but there's no reason for it. I suppose everyone has ...

I cant sleep...?
i have my hours mixed up. i sleep in the day and a stay up in the night. no matter how hard i try i cant get my hours turned around!!!! i need some help with this delima. so please... HELP ME!!!!!!...

Aliens replacing my wife???
Hi,

When I was about 18 I got really anxious and started having panic attacks for about 18 months. About 9 months in I started to think I was being poisoned by my parents and that aliens ...

On a scale of 1-10, how crazy do I sound?
I just chased an 11 year old girl down th street for being rude to me. I'm a 30 year old woman. Should I seek help? What is wrong with me?...

I think I hate my 1 year old daughter?
She is 15 mths old
I rarely have tender feelings for her
I always shout at her, hit her, easily get mad at her for the silliest reasons, i treat her as if she is a grown up, not a baby.

My daughter tried to kill herself?
1 week ago my daughter took a bottle of pills and consumed half a bottle of vodka. She was in hospital for 3 days, but is now home with us. She has started thearpy, and I've talked to her, and ...

Looking For A Way Out
No more "self harming" myself.....?
In 7th grade I started to cut. Then I stopped that cuz I got into eraser burns my freshman year. I realized that there was no reason why I should be doing that and quit all "self harm" in November last year (about half way through the school year). But so anyways..... I've made it through half a school year not doing any thing, but I'm afraid I'll start again, the thing that mostly keeps me from doing it and because I play water sports, so everyone can pretty much see it and say things about me. So... how do I deal with it? Don't say the usual..... punch a pillow, talk to someone, blah blah blah. I don't deal with stress well and I need to think of something to help me cope with it. Do you have any ideas? Please help me.

Helpful Person 18
You just have to STOP harming yourself. You need self-control to help you stop.

xxdarkfireofdeathxx
Rating
put a rubber band on your wrist and snap it everytime you feel like harming yourself

Serena M
Rating
Wear a kids tattoo. The kind that's from a piece of paper or put a sticker.Get refresh by playing with water guns while eating a snow cone to clear your mind about it.

kypswei
I used to cut myself. Pretty much all I did to stop is talk to my friend and snap my wrist with a nice rubber band. Think of an alternative thing you can do when you want to hurt yourself. I wish you the best in this :). Please don't hurt yourself

marlieh7
Rating
you can start jogging that keeps your mind off it and you get exersise

Slrrr
Rating
If you can figure out what triggers this emotion, what happens in your life that gives you the urge to do this, then maybe you can work out a way to avoid such situations.... honestly, I don't want to push you into any direction you may be uncomfortable with, but the best thing to do is to see a therapist, or counseler to help you figure out these triggers, & how to live around them.... Best of luck to you, & take care!!!

dingdongwakeup
my friend had the same problem and she was sooo ashamed of her scars she made it more obvious that there was something wrong. She used to wear long sleeves in the summer and always had her shoulders covered all year round. The answer is to act cool about it. You can't make the scars on the outside go away but you can make the ones on the inside go away. If someone asks be like "yea I was retarted I wish I never did that to myself" and kinda make it like a joke almost. People react much better when you act like you are past it, or ok with what you had done in the past. That's the best advice I have. good luck!!

Paul B
Rating
take a picture of yourself everyday to see how youve changed, then make like a collage or something.

Sammiegirl
Rating
i used to self harm.. my therapist recommended snapping a rubber band on my arm which helped or this may sound lame, it did to me.. he told me to take an old long sleeved shirt or pair of jeans and draw red lines where i cut. it didn't work but maybe it will for you. good luck

Trixies Mama
I understand what you're going through, I'm 20 and have been struggling with SI since I was 15. I've been through countless therapists, and psychiatrists, yet I still to this day occasionally relapse.

I do find that writing is what helps me the best, or just getting out and walking (with my dog). Doing anything that can distract myself from what is making me upset. Luckily I am able to talk to my mom, though I know a lot of people don't have that kind of resource.

Good luck with whatever new method you choose, and may you be happy and healthy.

you are all in my heart forever
i have a friend who is a cutter. she wonders if other cutters just do surface cuts or deeper. i don't know about eraser burns. but what i do know is she has me as a support system. even though i'm here for her, she still cuts. she said it's just some type of self need. she is looking for some other type of way to fulfill this need. but she can't seem to find one. good luck to you

Elephant Box.
Rating
If it is really stress that is causing it than maybe it would be important to find why you are stressed.
Although you don't want to talk to somebody, it really could help. Try. There is no reason you should keep yourself from getting help.

John C
How about find a new way to how some may say but not me except now distress. Like video games? I find killing other players very relaxing. No joke It does help.

ME
live in the moment, don't pay any attention to the past. remember, you shouldn't worry about what has passed or what you can not change, just deal with life as it comes

but most of all, enjoy yourself... you have your whole life ahead of you.

§ђα∂σฬ
Rating
u shud learn to luv urself..b at peace with u ....turn over to G-d if need b and even tho u sed u dont want 2 talk 2 a therapist mabe like during ur skool day (counselor )

lemler
well my daughter was a cutter and she started talking to people when she got mad or felt sad sometimes screaming into a pillow helps or you could try buying a bunch of ugly dollar store Nick nacs and break them when you fell the need to release stress it helps i know i don it all the time

Stephen K
Rating
You have to analyze WHY you mutilate yourself. What is it about cutting that gives you such a thrill? Once you uncerstand the mechanics behind it, it should be easier to keep the beast at bay

Patti O
Rating
hey r u in water polo? me too

well isent beeing in the pool and beatin people enought to take out stress..

get into wrestling and kick the sh*t out of people.:)

Jake050
Talk to your parents, maybe ask for a therapist. Worked for me when I was a that age.

If you don't feel like you can do that, then work out and go on runs and stuff in your free time. Maybe when you're happy enough you'll feel comfortable talking to your parents.

Loren B
Rating
get a hobby, make bracelets, writing, find something to get your mind off of it, sounds like you are very atlethic..(wish i was) go bike riding or run...there are other ways, just choose anything else...you are so worth more than you give yourslef credit and you deserve better.

missperfect2773
I myself am a former "cutter" and I feel your pain. I give you credit for wanting to stop. There are a ton of things to do, you just have to find something that stimulates you and keeps your mind off cutting. I once read that music if a great stimulator for the body and it is very pleasing to the soul. It may be hard to put the music on in the first place, but then you can calm yourself down by breathing and just thinking about your dreams. Give that a shot, and I'll keep you in my prayers.

safetyusa
Rating
Well first off, you already know the cuts you will leave scaring. It is somthing you will have to live with and including explaining to your own children someday why and how you got them. I am sure you would hate to know one of your own chldren would do this because you did it.

Second, you should respect your body and take care of it. This is something we are all guilty of to some degree. We may abuse ourselves in other ways.

The other is, most of the time when someone is doing this, they are crying out for something. Unfortunately, it may have the opposite affect then what you would hope for i.e. being judged as a weak person or someone looking for attention.

I would like to tell you instead of giving you the same ole spill on what other alteratives you could do besides cutting so,
I would suggest that you start making connections with people who are positive types who could give you support that you may be feeling like is missing in your life.

Being a teen is tuff! You have a lot of pressures on you. You need to know there is a light through the tunnel and you have a lot of good things to ahead of you.
Remember, life is what you make it and this is so true.
So, start making your life better, be positive, think positive and don't let the negitives of this world make you someone other than who you were meant to be.

Good luck and look for other help like support groups who have dealt with this same issue. It will help you to look into other options.

God Bless!

X diving-bell X
Rating
get a stress ball and squeeze it everytime you get mad

survivor36015
I understand you very well. I cut and was giving myself eraser burns also. I always found ways to hide them. I haven't did for over a month now thanks to my best friend. It's hard to stop and so I want to congratulate you on how long you have stopped. I know you don't want to hear someone tell you to talk to someone, I said the same thing. I'm 15 by the way. I found a person I knew I could trust not to tell and when I felt like I needed to do it again she would let me call her. She would talk to me and find out why I wanted to do it and if I really needed to or if there was something else I could. By the time we got done talking I wouldn't feel like doing it anymore. No matter rather your a male or female you need to express yourself. If you don't have someone to talk to you can keep a journal. Every time you feel like you need to do it you can write about it. If you don't want someone to read it you can burn it after you feel better. You could also find something to replace you urge to cut with something that doesn't harm you. I go outside and run till I can't run anymore or I do something that takes a lot of energy so I feel to tired to cut or what ever it was I was wanting to do at the time.
I hope that this helps.

Kiki
Rating
Write down your thoughts. It can be very cathartic.

ஜPink Sarcasmஜ
Start excercising to deal with stress.

onetime1deal
Rating
Congradulations, on what you've done so far.

If you feel those fimiliar moods again. Try to keep your mind on something else. Talk with some one (no about cutting yourself but to get your mind off things).

Find something you're proud of and keep a strong self-esteem. Hope this helps somewhat. :)

feelin_bluw
Rating
i had the same problem for since 7th grade. im not a senior and i haven cut since april of my freshman yeah. i got a job where i had to wear shorts so i had to stop. i get the urge a lot especially lately dealing with colleges. i havent told anyone but my boyfriend has asked me about the scars on my ankle(where i used to cut). i havent told him yet, not ready to tell people but what keeps me from doing it is just that i want to be able to tell him, and someday in the future maybe, that i stopped fresh year and never did it again, it seems such a waste to have quit if i got back to it. as for the stress, if you find out tell me. what i do is i open a word file or a myspace bulletin, type out whats going on and how i feel but never post it. i save it on my computer and then read it when i calm. it helps so much, especially the myspace one, its like my brain thinks i posted it, so i kinda talked about it, but i never do so i dont have to deal with all the questions from people.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy