Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What do you do when you are really depressed to fell better?
besides the obvious of taking meds and seeking therapy

did you ever try swimming in very cold water then taking a hot shower, then back in the cold water

this isn't ...

If you had to commit suicide, how would you do it?
Not that I am suicidal, but I know how I would-lots of sleeping pills and pain killers....

I feel humiliated?
my mum had the front of our house painted bright, sunshine yellow. itr is soooooo ridiculous and humiliating. it is more noticeable because it is a double fronted house of a terraced street.'ve ...

How do I keep myself from napping?
I've gotten into the bad habit of taking naps at around 4 in the afternoon and want it to stop. I just get really grouchy when I don't and extremely bored. What can I do to occupy that ...

Is anyone else still up?
Its almost 2am! I should so be sleeping right now because I work in the morning. ahhhhh....

Serious question about coping with depression?
What do you do when you feel depressed?? I only want people to answer if they seriously have ever been depressed, not just pious people who think they have the right cheeky answers. I get depressed ...

How do I finally free myself from depression?
I have suffered for 13 years, had counselling, various medication, CBT etc.... when will it all end?...

Should I commit suicide?
I am REALLY thinking about suicide. Nothing is going right. I was in the middle of suffocating myself, and then my boifriend at the time had called, and i had told him I was going to kill myself, and ...

What is wrong with me?
I have this personal issue with myself that I think is immature, unfair and greedy. I found out one of my friends is pregnant, it made me really mad and jealous. Also any one of my friends that get ...

Scary . help please.?
um .
so much happened in 13 years of my life.
my dad had a stroke , he's currently in the hospital . ive been accused of stealing , my mom got sued like 600 with financial difficulties ...

When does a person become becomes happy in life?

Lack of sleep?
wat happend if u dont sleep??...

Why do I do this?
I seem to be addicted to self destruction. I seem to constantly to want to put myself in bad situations, hurt myself and od frequently. Why do I keep doing this to myself. The latest thing I appear ...

I think I have a mental disorder, who can I talk to????
I always thought that I had OCD. It isn't because I like to clean or anything, it is just the compulsive habits and stupid obsessions that made me think it. I recently read an article on it ...

Is there anything wrong with self harm?
Its not as if its hurting anyone else....

What are people still doing up at this deadly hour????

Well..., black ppl scare me?
help how do i not be scarred of black ppl

i cant help it i just think theyre gonna stab me or sumthin

wat can i do 2 get over this cuz its makin things bad 4 me....

Has anyone got any wierd phobias?
Share ...

Why can't i stop thinking about ending my life?
i hate my ...

Does anyone know how to cure fear of spiders, just seen one on my bed now cant sleep p.s. it was big?
I am totally obsessed with one touching me, and the worse thing is I'm a 6 foot 3 bloke, just seen one massive spider on my bed, absolutly hate them!!!...

salma hayek
I think I hate my 1 year old daughter?
She is 15 mths old
I rarely have tender feelings for her
I always shout at her, hit her, easily get mad at her for the silliest reasons, i treat her as if she is a grown up, not a baby.
My bad feelings started since i was pregnant on my second month, the morning sickness- which lasted 9 months -made me hate her and wish her to die many times, and lots lots of things made me hate her more and more, her birthgiving complications, the caesarian I had, how her father loves and spoils her, her bad mood since she alway cries and wants me or her papa to play with her!! she is so spoiled! she changed my quiet life and sent me to hell, i worry about her safety and food and all i get is noise & crying. I HATE MY LIFE & I HATE MY DAUGHTER i feel so miserable that i started to hate babies in general altough i adored them so much before i get pregnant.
plz do say this is not 'hate' and it will change over time.do you 'mothers' have the same feelings i have? & when it changes to the positive

Reca
Sounds like you are jealous of her attention and you are spoiled. She is just 15 months old. What has she done to make it that bad? She is a BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to wake up **********. There are people out there that would kill to have what you have! You better thank your lucky stars I don't know you.

Veronica
Rating
I THINK YOU NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR AND CONSIDER ADOPTION BEFORE YOU SERIOUSLY HURT YOUR BABY PHYSCO

ANSWERKNIGHT
Give me ur child because you dont deserve her at all u waste of life

cheap health freak
i agree with sandyg go see the doctor

tkron31
Rating
You should get counseling and/or put her up for adoption before you do something you'll regret. You could lose custody and face jail time.

~♡~Moon Goddess~♡~
Rating
Well,despite you not wanting to hear it.It will change over time,but you have to change it and you can change it.I think that you should get psychological help.I mean,they can help you realise if it is really her that you "hate" or if it is even her that you "hate".My opinion is that you hate how your life has turned out,not particularly because of her,but because of your own personal reasons.Alot of the time babys cry,and when they cry it is important that as the mother you stay calm.They can feel when you tense up,or have other feelings besides comfort for them.As i was reading i also noticed that you said one of the reasons that you "hate" her was because of "how her father loves and spoils her".That to me sounds like you feel as if he is neglecting you and giving her all his time.A new baby is hard on the both of you and he is pulling his weight through this.Yes,she is still a new baby even if she is 15 months old.It takes quite a while to adjust.I think that you and her father should spend some time together.You should relax take a breather and go to dinner one night a week or twice a month what ever works for yours and his schedules.You asked when it changes also at the end of your details.It doesnt change unless you change it.If you do not change it she will dislike you even more when she gets older and is able to realise the bad feelings you have for her.I urge you to honestly get help before you end up doing something you are going to regret and going to prison.This is an issue,that actually has nothing to do with your baby.It has to do with you and your emotions,and mental state.They can help you turn your negative feelings into something positive and how to deal with them in a more positive and more realistic way.You really need to go get help now.See a therapist and speak your feelings there but please dont take it out on that innocent child.Good luck,and May God Bless You.

Itsz Dat simple Nena
Rating
Wow Im nna try to be really nice here...Well first off you knew that the resposiblity to care for a baby was big...and shes not spolied your a tad bit selfish all babies need this care if you dont give it to her in the future she'll hate your guts.Ummsz....all pregnant women go threw sickness and you gave this child to earth and say my mom went threw this when I was a baby every one does,hey are just babies plz...and im kinda sorry but thats hate alright god sees every thing you do and he will punish you for not loving what you gave to the world....I really hope you take the time to think of your daughter when shes older like 9 she will be growing up and trust me you will want her back...i hope my answer really helps you.I hope i make you rethink.

*ITS ME!*
Rating
u need to pray and stop being so selfish

liddle_angel
Rating
You are really suffering mentally now...you need to get into a doctor..and the first step was to cry for help here....before you start abusing her terribly, and then it will be too late...you are a child abuser and it is all you can do to keep from doing something really horrible to her....I don't think that you really hate her,...i think you resent her and you're taking out all of your anger about the whole thing on that innocent child...I would like to know if the father knows that you feel this way? You would be far better a person to get a divorce, and give him custody before you ruin his life, the babie's life, and your life..or get into some intense counciling..and start praying..you sound so selfish, I can't believe it....everything is about you...how she has come into your life and how YOU have to cater to her little needs. Please, you need to get some help quick,..or give her to the father and move on with your selfcentered life.. Please pray on this..and get moving fast before you kill her.

Tortured Soul
You made your bed now lay in it. Before you kill the poor kid, give her to someone who'll love & cherish her.

moody
Rating
postnatal depression?

~}*Argent Twilight*{~
Rating
you need to go to ur therapist for the answer

dawneve13
Rating
I was raised in an abusive household. My mother tortured me and I've been dealing with healing from that for 43 years. DO THIS: STOP READING ALL THESE ANSWERS, PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL A HOTLINE, OR THE POLICE OR YOUR DOCTOR OR YOUR CHILDS PEDIATRICIAN AND TELL THEM THAT YOU ARE UNWELL AND THAT YOUR DAUGHTER IS IN DANGER OF BEING HURT BY YOU. DO IT NOW!!!!! DON"T WAIT ANOTHER MINUTE OR DAY OR HOUR.......IT MAY BE TOO LATE BY THEN!!! PICK UP THE PHONE NOW AND GET SOMEBODY TO HELP YOU!!!!! DO IT NOW BEFORE YOU DO SOMETHING YOU WILL REGRET FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WHICH MAY END UP BEING SPENT IN PRISON!!!! STOP READING THESE ANSWERS AND PICK UP THE PHONE NOW!!!!!PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!

Me-She
Rating
Are you breastfeeding your child? It sounds like your hormones & estrogen levels are really out of wack. Your seritonin levels in your brain may be low. Go & have your blood checked & request your thyroid levels also be checked. Your body should be getting back to feeling somewhat "normal" around 18-24 months. I had similar problems to yours & I didn't tell anyone. I almost threw my baby into a canal at one point. That was almost 28 years ago & the child is grown with a few feelings of hatred towards me, but that's ok, because I did my best & babies don't come with directions! Talk to someone who specializes in abused children, because what you have described is your own abuse starting to resurface in you due to your body giving birth. You are starting to remember things that happened to you as a child & this can be confusing & scary when it starts to happen. Try someone with an MFCC license & NOT a phychiatrist because they will drug you. You need MFCC Marriage, Family, & Childhood Counseling, specializing in REGRESSION THERAPY. At least you should go for marriage counseling, & then you can work you way into the rest. You are "waking-up" from a long life of hiding your pain & you just need to learn how to guide yourself to a safer place when you feel overwhelmed by the new baby & the responsibilies that have changed things you cannot control anymore. This child was send to heal you from your own childhood pain & it's going to take a few years to get yourself in order again! Good luck. email me if you want more info.

BOISE_DD
Rating
I think your problem is more that you sound like you might not like yourself that much, when that's the case everyone else is a nusiance and a burden. What are you doing in spite of your bests intereests? Do you think about the past or the future all the time? Live in the moment more...forgive yourself, your husband your child and try and just soak up what a miracle it is that any of this exists...I'd also suggest contacting a family therapist asap no matter what the expense. I hear a scared mother and a call for help...heed it please.

loveva
Rating
You are not abnormal. You may be suffering from depression that is making you feel this way. Surely you are saying all this but deep down you do not hate your child. If you think your child were to die and not be in your life again that you would be happy, wrong, you would be as miserable as you feel now. Life is too short in this world. Cherish everything you have. Some people can not even have babies, you should appreciate the smaller things in life. Dont be a depressed heap, do more things with your child. Also talk to your partner about it. You may be feeling like this because you are not getting enough attention from him or he is not treating you well. You have to thing about all these things but first and foremost show your child love, kiss and cuddle and play with her and you will realise what you have is a diamond. It seems you are suffereing in your relationship aswell-try to seek counselling. I am saying all this from experience because my mother went through the same ordeal with my younger brother. Stay strong and do things with your child but also make time for yourself and friends. I know its hard but that is life. You cannot think negative all the time because you will never succeed. Hope all the best for you.

klshaa2000
Sounds like post pardum depression and can become as serious as any illness..Its nothing to be scared to talk about. In the morning you should call your ob or regular doctor and work out a course of treatment best for you.

gerilynn35
I am sorry for the way you feel.
You need to call a professional to help you sort out and work through your feeling toward your daughter. Your daughter is only one years old yet you are expecting too much from her.
If you are shouting and hitting her you have lost control over a situation that I am sure seems horrible to you. Your husband if you discuss this with him would probably not understand how you are feeling.HOWEVER the first concern is for the safety and emotional well being of your daughter. You must for your sake as well as hers seek immediate intervention. You are in a crisis at the present. I nor anyone else can help you with words on this forum HOEVER Please heed my advise to call someone ASAP so that you can get some help with your feelings, so that you can work thru and come to some resolution with them.

I wish you all the best in this difficult time and hope that you are able to seek the help that you need for your own emotional health and the safety of your child.

Sleemur
Rating
U shud immediate seek for therapy. This is utterly abnormal.

OceanBlue
Rating
it sounds like u have postnatal depression u need to get help
how didnt ur hubby noties u are not well

j H
Rating
If you are really true about your feelings and are concerned about them... you need to get some help.... otherwise we'll probably be hearing about you on the news some evening.

Don't do that....

countrygirlgf
Rating
wow, u need HELP ASAP!!!!!!!! i love my 2 kids with everything i am!!!!! they come FIRST!!!!!!!!! children and babies are blessings and its amazing how they can grow in side your belly. Please give the baby to your hubby and get in the hospital before you kill her... I'm praying for the little girl,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

bettywitdabigbooty
Rating
You need to see your doctor as soon as you possibly can and tell him/her how you are feeling and for long you've been feeling this way! If you think you are going to hurt your baby, please call child protective services, or the police and tell them of your intentions. They can get you the help you need, but you have to want their help first. Please don't hurt your poor innocent little baby. She has done nothing wrong...she did not ask to be born..I think you need to remind yourself of these things. PLEASE SEEK HELP IMMEDIATELY!!

becca
Rating
# 1 praying won't help. you need to get inside your head. know that what you are doing is NOT okay and Understand what is making you do it.

#2 You say you hate your life. Could you be taking this out on your daughter because you think that she made you hate your life?

#3 A disconect between the mother and child does happen sometimes. Change can happen. You just have to be willing to make it.

#4 Go to a therapist. Talk about your feelings. Don't hold it in. That make sit hurt more.

rustybones
You need some serious counseling!! Please go before you do something you'll really regret!!

Question Queen
Oh wow. What a sad thing to even begin to type out.

I think you really need to get help. For anger management and maybe depression? It sounds as if you have a dose of Post-Partum depression. Along with being a mother comes the stress, the long sleepless nights, sticky handprints all over everything, crying, tantrums and everything else included. I could not imagine hating such a young, beautiful, INNOCENT soul that doesn't deserve an ounce of the way that you feel.

To answer your question: NO, I do not have the same feelings that you have. From the moment my little man was born, I've never loved such a little person more!

summdumm1
wow you need some serious help

Sandy G
It sounds like you have the post partum depression and should see a therapist for some therapy and drugs for it.

g
Please, for your sake, and for your daughter's sake, seek help professionally. Tell your husband to help you get help, if you think he will. If not, seek it on your own. You must get to a dr. ASAP. I will be praying for you. Do it today!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy