Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What is bio-polar?
I been having problems and they been telling me that i am depressed and any med. i am on just don't seem to work! And one day i was really ***** and someone said something i just lost it and my ...

Is piercing a form of self injury?
I was just wondering your thoughts and feelings on this subject. If a person pierces themselves with a safety pin or thumbtack, do you think this is a form of self harm?...

Are you scared of death??

What can i do to stop cutting?
I feel depressed alot and just seeing blood gives me back some sense of reality i yearn for but all my friends dont want me to. what should i do?
Additional Details

I am feeling very depressed and want to die. help?
i was standing on the top floor of a multi story car park on saturday and felt like jumping off but my gf was there and she stopped me and took me home. i fear she might leave me because... well i ...

How do you know if your depressed ?

Am i a little paranoid?
i am pretty cautious about the internet i mean i think this website would be a good way to meet people it's just you hear so much about stalkers and everything i'm afraid ...

What do you do when you are really depressed to fell better?
besides the obvious of taking meds and seeking therapy

did you ever try swimming in very cold water then taking a hot shower, then back in the cold water

this isn't ...

If you had to commit suicide, how would you do it?
Not that I am suicidal, but I know how I would-lots of sleeping pills and pain killers....

I feel humiliated?
my mum had the front of our house painted bright, sunshine yellow. itr is soooooo ridiculous and humiliating. it is more noticeable because it is a double fronted house of a terraced street.'ve ...

How do I keep myself from napping?
I've gotten into the bad habit of taking naps at around 4 in the afternoon and want it to stop. I just get really grouchy when I don't and extremely bored. What can I do to occupy that ...

Is anyone else still up?
Its almost 2am! I should so be sleeping right now because I work in the morning. ahhhhh....

Serious question about coping with depression?
What do you do when you feel depressed?? I only want people to answer if they seriously have ever been depressed, not just pious people who think they have the right cheeky answers. I get depressed ...

How do I finally free myself from depression?
I have suffered for 13 years, had counselling, various medication, CBT etc.... when will it all end?...

Should I commit suicide?
I am REALLY thinking about suicide. Nothing is going right. I was in the middle of suffocating myself, and then my boifriend at the time had called, and i had told him I was going to kill myself, and ...

What is wrong with me?
I have this personal issue with myself that I think is immature, unfair and greedy. I found out one of my friends is pregnant, it made me really mad and jealous. Also any one of my friends that get ...

Scary . help please.?
um .
so much happened in 13 years of my life.
my dad had a stroke , he's currently in the hospital . ive been accused of stealing , my mom got sued like 600 with financial difficulties ...

When does a person become becomes happy in life?

Lack of sleep?
wat happend if u dont sleep??...

Why do I do this?
I seem to be addicted to self destruction. I seem to constantly to want to put myself in bad situations, hurt myself and od frequently. Why do I keep doing this to myself. The latest thing I appear ...

OrganizedConfusion
I think I'm bi-polar?
I am 14 years old and everyone I talk to seems to associate my moods with adolecence, but I've started to notice that my mood swings are alot more violent than anybody else I know. One day I can wake up and be so unbelievably happy that I just forget everything thats bothering me and smile and laugh all day long. On other days I can wake up and feel so bad that I just want to die and spare everybody around me the hassle. I have started to take my frustration out on people around me and I feel like I'm an awful person because sometimes the things I do hurt people. I'm not an attention seeker, if I could stop feeling this way I would. I feel like people dismiss me because I'm a teenager when I think I'm mentally ill. I can go from extatic to suicidal in a matter of hours and its starting to drain me and the people I love, but I feel like I have no control over anything. I'm in desperate need of advice, what should I do?

gunnerbstrong
I think bi-polor is fake

bubs1603
yes Commit yourself if your parents don't want to help. They can't stop you from getting the help you need.

bah_15
yes you are bi- polar, and you should talk to your doctor as soon as possible, he or she will help you

Becky H
Rating
do your not i am tho get a mild depression medical

Crazymofo
Rating
You might go to the web site below.

*stay*sweetly*numb*
You have every right in the world not to take my advice. but i think some of it is being a teenager, but some of it also sounds kind of like that. if it gets worse, you should probably go get anti-depression pills. but like i said, you have every right not to listen to me. just please, dont be like offended or anything by my response. if you dont disagree, im sorry. if you do, that's great! hope everything works out.

senior2tor
You will be despised by the winner circle and loved by the recovered bipolar. I will never love a winner-player again . I will only trust a recovered bipolar. Take your time because this is a social disorder that can change into a medical disorder with serious consequences. Remember depression is all about friends and family.

Clown Knows
Rating
It is probably healthy teenage moods. But if you need help your community should likely have a community mental health center where there are people you can talk to. Also, your school may have a counselor.

*babydoll*
I gotta ask: do you think you do anything psychotic? Coz that would be the way to find out if it's bipolar or just anger and acting out.

I think you're probably normal for your age and personality type, and just really sensitive to your hormones. Hormones can realllllly mess a kid up. Tell someone you trust who can take you to the family physician for a physical, and they might do a blood test and check your thyroid, for starters.

upallnight
Rating
psychiatrist can diagnose you but i would say you possibly might

Stacey Lynn
Please understand something. I believe every word you are saying is true. Please seek a doctor who you can speak to about this and he will make sure you become mentally stable with medication for this illness. I also take medication for this illness which I am speaking out on because I believe it is so...widespread these days.
I take medication for being bipolar as well. My doctor has me on Tegertol for the mood swings and Risperdal for getting plenty of rest throughout my busy day.
I understand how you must feel right now, but please know you can seek help and answers to your difficult questions through doctors, pharamists, counselors, pastors, the works....
I even felt suicidual at age 15, I am now going on 29 very soon.
Praise the Lord! Jesus always understands what your going through. You can always say a sweet prayer to Him. Remember you are more than a conquer in Christ Jesus. Don't let anyone tell you any different girlfriend. Please seek a doctor who can help you through these difficult times. I went to Philhaven at 15 and 18 . They have a wonderful adolecence unit just for teenagers just like you. Don't ever be afraid of this disorder. Please do not end your life over this. There are ways to handle being bipolar. Please try de-caff tea, stay away from red 40 drinks
exercise,take up a hobby you enjoy, keep focused on a daily routine to follow everyday, understand your limitations, get plenty of rest, take naps, when you can't handle someone give yourself a quiet break, read the bible, enjoy a great novel, watch a great movie, surround yourself with friends and family who understand you. I remember how to felt to get angry! Is wasn't fun. Apologize to those you hurt, forgive them. I'm sure they still love you.
Write in a journal all of those crazy nagging frustrating thoughts!
Use this experience to make you stronger! Keep focused on all the positive stuff in your life. Seek counseling if need be.
Please see doctor who can help regulate you on medication.
Most of all God bless you.

the_post2001
Rating
Go see a doctor about your things. See a priest, see a guidance counsellor. Open up your mouth and say Om, a sacred syllable used in meditation. It also helps calm the person down. Go talk to a parent, talk to a neighbor, talk to a sister or brother. If you can't find anyone around, go on -- line, there are tons of people that will help, like me. I'm the_post2001. Anyway, there's all kinds of places where you can go that you can get the help you need. Maybe you don't need help, just a little love and I'm sure there are people around that show that love you. With that, hopefully you will be fine.

Ashley P
Rating
Look at this website...

http://michaelthompson.org/bpd/

Doc
I'm a Hospital Corpsman for the United States Navy. I've worked with Marines in Iraq, treated their families,even delivered a baby in the back of an ambulance. I've treated some Sailors and Marines who have Bi-Polar disorder, and from the sound of it, you in an emotional state of your life...

I'm only 19 years old, i've seen some pretty crazy things out there, I too feel drained and feel just like you once in a while, so i can understand what you feel like.

Bottom Line, take a vactation, join some sports, and sneak out of the house once in a while, you know? Get out have fun, I guarantee you'll feel more refreshed about yourself, your out looks, and your life.

Cblover
Rating
See School Counselor And If They Cant Help Tell Your Parents And Try Seeing A Real Doctor / Therapist

shannonfstewart
Rating
If you're able, you should have a very serious conversation with one or both of your parents. If this is not possible, I would recommend that you talk to a school nurse or school counselor and tell them about the things you have described here. Be very honest and be as open as you are able to be. A good counselor will listen to you and ask good questions; a really good counselor will speak with your parents and make recommendations. The best place to start is with your doctor.

If you do not feel that any of these options will work for you - or if in fact they do not work for you, then....and I hate to recommend this because it isn't totally honest...but if I were as desparate as you sound, I would fake a physical illness to get to see a doctor. All you need is to get your foot in the door, so to speak. Once you're there, you can speak with the doctor about the things that are going on, and you should definitely be able to get some help that way.

I have a fourteen-year-old son, and I would hope that he never feels as you do. But if he did...and he had to use deception to get to a doctor..and then I were faced with the fact that something was really wrong, I would never be angry with him for 'faking' to get to a doc. I would feel terrible that I had missed the signs, but I would also be glad that he finally found a way to make me see the problem.

I hope that you are able to get some help!

christy
or you may just be really depressed. only doctors can diagnose bi-polar disorder. what you should do is tell your parents IMMEDIATELY that you have had thoughts of suicide and need to see your family doctor asap. if you don't feel that you can talk to them about this at all or if they ignore your needs, then you should go and talk to a guidance counselor at school or a trusted teacher. it is important that you take care of this because THERE IS HELP. by the way, you aren't CRAZY. so many people have depression and bi-polar disorder... it is unbelievable. so, you are actually more common than what you think.

just don't ever give up. take the first step & help yourself.

you CAN feel good again!

♫♪...{I ♥ MUZIC}...♪♫
Well, the only way to find out whats going on is to talk to your mom and dad about this, and ask them if they can take you to a pshyciatrist or maybe just a doctor. Talk to them about how you feel. There is a possibility that you may just be bipolar but you might not be. So just make sure you can talk to your counselour at school though before going to your parent/ gaurdian. And if they tell you maybe your best bet is to talk to your parent/ gaurdian then do so. Or maybe you can even talk to some of your friends about the situation. So I hope all of my words will help you out! There might also be a possibility that you have ADD or ADHD because my best friend has it and so does my teacher. They have some of the same symptoms as you, but I can tell you some advice: Don't committ suicide. Note this is coming from a teen just like you, I am 13. Just don't committ suicide and just try to figure out whats going on. Have a serious talk with a parent, and hopefully you will be able to figure out whats up. I doubt that it is adolecence or pubirty that has you like this. I know kind of what your talking about because I have a friend thats bipolar or seems to be but dont talk yourself down and have confidence in yourself! That's my motto!

~Good Luck~

pikeruss
Rating
You need to talk to a professional. Start with a counselor at school. You're off on the right foot by recognizing there may be a problem. However, you may be quite normal -we all have our ups and downs. As I say quite often, we all have a cross to bear - only some are heavier than others. Good Luck!

Rican Princess
Even tho you are only 14 you just posted a question like a adult. That is great that you can see that something is wrong with you and that your looking for help. I think you just might have it. Reason being is my older brother has it and its the same things that your saying. He started to take medicine for it and it got better. Please believe that your not the only one out there sweety. And if you know your in the wrong and it drains you to hurt the people you love baby that is the first step of recovery. You know its wrong your not mental so stop saying so. If you where you wouldn't realize that you need help and your seeking it. I can't tell you what to do but you should tell your parents you want help if you have a good relationship with them. I wish all the best and just breath and think before you take action. You are loved...if you haven't heard it in a while, well there you go!! Peace and Love

inquisitiveme
You must talk to a professional who is qualified to give you a diagnosis. No one can tell you whether you are bipolar or not if they aren't qualified, and it's dangerous to take advice that isn't from a source that doesn't have enough knowledge. Get appointment at doctors and tell them what you put here, even print the above out if it helps. But it's so important to see a professional.

Sweet n' Sassy
Mood swings in a bi-polar person don't usually shift so extremely in a matter of hours. However, a lot of what you are saying is consistent with the disease and you should probably get it checked out. I would start with a conselor at school--these people are paid for this sort of stuff and they can get the ball rolling by helping you talk to your parents and getting you medical attention if you need it for medication. If that is not an option, you can always try local shelters. A lot of them offer mental health counseling, but because you are a minor, you will still need your parents' permission to receive any kind of medication. I know your suffering all too well--I didn't get any help until I was almost 22. Good luck.

timcurrysfan
I have felt that way as well, and being a teen doesnt always make it any easier. Its like people just assume its all mood swings when really you feel like there could be something wrong with yourself. My first suggestion would be to ask you parents for some professional help. Counselors will be able to help you figure out what the problem is and possibly medicate you.

freezerburn
you should see a doctor about your problem....it could even be clinical depression. You should at least go to a clinic if your friends and family can't be persuaded that someting is really wrong. Stay optimistic, hope it gets better for you.

Nora G
go to a shrink.

MadforMAC
I think you should talk to a counselor about how you are feeling. You may also want to get a full physical work up, with blood work, to see if your hormones are out of whack or if you have thyroid problems. Rule out some other things before you label yourself bi-polar. If you in fact are, you will go to counseling and most likely be put on medication to help control your mood swings.

bic
go to a therapist.

IMHO
Talk to your school counselor. They may recommend that you see a real therapist to get to the root of the real problem.

silverearth1
Rating
best to go and see a doctor to get the right evaluation ! And meds that can help you

Gidgee Bubu
If you get on meds while you are young you will be able to better tolerate the drugs thru your life. Meds alone don't do it though. You need to get counseling too. The sooner the better. check out the Bipolar Organisation at

http://www.mdf.org.uk for more info and help.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy