Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What can i do to stop cutting?
I feel depressed alot and just seeing blood gives me back some sense of reality i yearn for but all my friends dont want me to. what should i do?
Additional Details

I am feeling very depressed and want to die. help?
i was standing on the top floor of a multi story car park on saturday and felt like jumping off but my gf was there and she stopped me and took me home. i fear she might leave me because... well i ...

How do you know if your depressed ?

Am i a little paranoid?
i am pretty cautious about the internet i mean i think this website would be a good way to meet people it's just you hear so much about stalkers and everything i'm afraid ...

What do you do when you are really depressed to fell better?
besides the obvious of taking meds and seeking therapy

did you ever try swimming in very cold water then taking a hot shower, then back in the cold water

this isn't ...

If you had to commit suicide, how would you do it?
Not that I am suicidal, but I know how I would-lots of sleeping pills and pain killers....

I feel humiliated?
my mum had the front of our house painted bright, sunshine yellow. itr is soooooo ridiculous and humiliating. it is more noticeable because it is a double fronted house of a terraced street.'ve ...

How do I keep myself from napping?
I've gotten into the bad habit of taking naps at around 4 in the afternoon and want it to stop. I just get really grouchy when I don't and extremely bored. What can I do to occupy that ...

Is anyone else still up?
Its almost 2am! I should so be sleeping right now because I work in the morning. ahhhhh....

Serious question about coping with depression?
What do you do when you feel depressed?? I only want people to answer if they seriously have ever been depressed, not just pious people who think they have the right cheeky answers. I get depressed ...

How do I finally free myself from depression?
I have suffered for 13 years, had counselling, various medication, CBT etc.... when will it all end?...

Should I commit suicide?
I am REALLY thinking about suicide. Nothing is going right. I was in the middle of suffocating myself, and then my boifriend at the time had called, and i had told him I was going to kill myself, and ...

What is wrong with me?
I have this personal issue with myself that I think is immature, unfair and greedy. I found out one of my friends is pregnant, it made me really mad and jealous. Also any one of my friends that get ...

Scary . help please.?
um .
so much happened in 13 years of my life.
my dad had a stroke , he's currently in the hospital . ive been accused of stealing , my mom got sued like 600 with financial difficulties ...

When does a person become becomes happy in life?

Lack of sleep?
wat happend if u dont sleep??...

Why do I do this?
I seem to be addicted to self destruction. I seem to constantly to want to put myself in bad situations, hurt myself and od frequently. Why do I keep doing this to myself. The latest thing I appear ...

I think I have a mental disorder, who can I talk to????
I always thought that I had OCD. It isn't because I like to clean or anything, it is just the compulsive habits and stupid obsessions that made me think it. I recently read an article on it ...

Is there anything wrong with self harm?
Its not as if its hurting anyone else....

What are people still doing up at this deadly hour????

friendofb
How can I shake this off I don't know what's wrong with me?
This is not like me I'm feeling very down tonight I don't know why nothing has happened to me I feel like I could burst into tears but there's no reason for it. I suppose everyone has days like this, I feel like I'm going mad I'm beginning to question the purpose of life (I'm not about to do anything silly) but how do you shake the feeling off

Thanks in advance
Additional Details
it's not womens things at the minute

Pc_King
simple cry think and cry there will be something making you feel like this even if its something small so think and just let it out

yeah you do feel silly for it in the morning but at the same time it helps you to release and make you think why the hell was i crying and then you will stop and think of all the4 good thing you have like good health a home etc and then you will be come your normal self quicker as you will think why was i feeling like that why was i crying i have nothing to be sad about I'm way better of then alto of people in this world

but if you don't do this you will not realize how silly it is that you are feeling down for no reason and will continue to feel down

QueenKDub
Rating
I have days like that all the time haha.. it sounds corny but its true "everything happens for a reason" so chill and enjoy life as it comes
Best of luck to ya!!

hasicit
Rating
go and check out jokes and riddles.
hope you get back to your happy self.

steve j
Rating
get a bottle of wine sad film and have a gooood cry.
you will feel much better tomorrow

MFG
Rating
When I feel that way I let myself burst in to tears and let it all out. I know that is a total cliche but it works for me, sometimes you just need a good cry. I hope that you are feeling better.

melly
it could be the weather

ZdennisZ
I think that its because you do things over and over again and you just need to relax and do things that normally you don't do like people said meet people do exiting things for a change.

starcp76
Rating
hello i hope you feel better after all the great messages for you i just read , first we all have these thoughts but its just you gotta realise its pointless worrying , plus the weather has ways of making me feel up and down and its been pretty dark and dreary the last few days , i dont know what to say but just give yourself a break , you are obviously intelligent and caring just by resding your message , and remember if you ever want to talk to anyone feel free to email or message me or anyones else on here , have a great wekkend and enjoy yourself :)

plus you should be happy caus my answers usally only last one line so enjoy it :)

Jeanette
Rating
i am a believer in sunlight withdraw. our bodies need the nutrients that the sun provides and as our days are growing short and the weather is getting cooler, we are spending less and less time outside. just like trees, i believe our bodies go somewhat dormant in the fall/winter season. use this time to daydream of next summer...
how do you shake it off? except it for what it is, except that this season will end and let it go... it is all perception. just change your mind about it....

farleyjackmaster
Rating
I feel exactly the same hun, so you are not alone. I am pre-menstrual too though. One other thing its a full moon, I know it might sound crazy but my mood always seems to go a bit funny. x

Just realised you are a friend of B, me too!!!

looloo27
Rating
have a day for "you". Treat yourself to a day at the spa, get your hair done and go out and have a good time. Surround yourself with the people you love.
Everyone does have days like that. Mabye just letting it out and having a good cry will help you and it is a proven fact that crying relieves stress. So maybe????

mccray_51
Sweetie it is normal...if you are of faith I would pray if not I would seek consul with someone you trust and value their opinion. It sounds as if you are a little depressed.

For me I find solace in prayer. Don't turn to alcohol, drugs or sleep. When the effects wear off you will still be depressed. If you can take off a couple of days and do nothing but, what you want to do..do it. Go out with friends to a movie, run in a park, go on a picnic get one with nature find something you like and do it.. get some space maybe go out of town. I hope this helps you.

Elisha P
Rating
You can shake it off by just reading the news or walking outside your door and noticing that people have worse than you and could you imagine being in there shoes!

searching_please
It could still be a hormone surge - sure sounds like it. We all have ups and downs. Take a hot bath and relax, turn on the comedy channel, write in a journal about things that are bothering you, or just call it a day and go to bed. Things will look better tomorrow. :)

Good luck! :)

flopsy
Rating
Sorry, but hormones fluctuate all the time. Chances are that it will be a hormone thing.
Go for a walk or a jog - you won't feel like it, but it's worth it - it'll get your endorphines on the go and make you feel much better. Then have chocolate. :-)

just-dave
Rating
Warn bath, chocolate and a good movie...moods come and go so just surf it tonight and see how ya are in the morning.

You are stressed, it's ok though at this stage there is a reverse gear. Just be kind to yourself a bit more.x

Why do you ask?
Must be in the air. I am feeling that same horrible way right now. .... I find that when I have these horrible mood dips, that talking to a trusted friend seems to be the biggest help. Somebody who will just listen to whatever silly or unimportant thing you have to say. They listen and don't jubge and they don't have to try and fix it. Someone to just be there and try to make you laugh. Laughing sometimes drives the blues away.

I am going to hang out with my sister tonight and going to the football game will help me get over WHATEVER it is that is causing the blues.

I know this isn't much help, but I just wanted you to know that you are not alone and sometimes we get the blues and we don't have to really have a reason. BUT if this gets to be a everyday or every other day problem or you have life threatening thoughts, you should seek professional help.

SMILE... it will get better, ...... I hope =)

waterberrer
Rating
There is something bugging you and for some reason you are ignoring it or truly don't know it. Spend some time alone to think about it and then spend time with friends to see if your mood changes. Pay attention to any thoughts and feelings about it when you are with your friends. Sometimes when I'm down and out for no particular reason I write my feelings down then write down all the good things that are going on in my life. It helped me maybe you could give it a try.

flower power
Rating
well...if it's not hormones...just think - you aren't alone honey...we all get down at times...& then...before you know it...something nice comes along to perk you up.

doesnt help that its dark nights & rubbish weather...but hang on in there...things will get better - keep your chin up!!

becca9892003
i get that feeling every now and then and i usually chalk it up to being a women and hormones..i usually give into at first with a time limit.."sounds funny i know"..i crawl into a hot bath or on the couch with a book or a movie and when the mood strickes me to cry i do..after a couple of hours i force myself up and to get ready and out the door to do something nice formyself..like a haircut or a manicure or to buy myself a shirt....after giving into the mood i start to feel better and get myself re-centered..i also think of all the people out there and what they are going through and then things dont seem so bad.

p.s
also remeber people are prone to these types of feeling this time of year..not only with the weather changing but less hours of daylight..sometimes a quick stay in a tanning bed will help with this...

potnoodle99
go and have a really good night out with your friends.

texas_glen_1999
Rating
You are in a rut and it finally caught up with you. The best way to shake it is to get out and do something different from what you normally do. Have fun, do something exciting, meet new people. Anything to get your juices flowing and your blood pumping.

rvsmum
Hey sorry your feeling so down right now.
If you feel like crying you should, put on a sad movie or something.
And as for the meaning of life bit yes i think we all have times like that. I find it helps to plan something so that you have something to look forward to. This helps if life is getting monotonous.
I hope this helps alittle.

Zipperhead
Meaning and purpose of life stuff... Doubt it can be handled here... but if you like, you can email me and I can tell you what works for me. I would recommend however... checking out the spiritual aspects of your life.

DigitalOne
Winter is coming & there is less sunlight. Some people have SAD or seasonal affective disorder.

BeezKneez
Oh my goodness, I am feeling this exact way right now. I have no idea what's wrong, but I feel like I could start crying and not stop for a long time. I feel so detached from everything going on around me. It's a horrible feeling. Maybe we're just going crazy together. :) If you get a good answer, let me know, I want help too. Good luck friend.

John
There are times we all feel off a bit ....... Find something you enjoy and do it for you......
Get a pedicure, watch your favorite movie, eat your favorite comfort food ...... do something just for you.

The feeling will pass ....

;-)

Sonia101
I've had the days myself what i dod to cheer myself up is wtch my fav films think back to good memories or tlk 2 my friends

mint
i was feeling like this today! but all you gotta do is call up some family or friends and hang out because they're in your life to make you happy and just try to ignore all of these feelings...or maybe you just need to cry and let it all out!

Kitten
I often feel over emotional when I am tired. Have you been getting enough sleep lately? I know this sounds soooo bad, but when Im getting hormonal I get hyper sensitive also. Try to relax and do something that you enjoy. Taking a hot shower helps me relax. Or call some of your girlfriends and tear the town apart tonight! I hope you feel better!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy