Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

After getting a MASSAGE, should the therapist be tipped?

Would you cry?? (continued. . .)?
6. If you got stung by a wasp?
7. If you got a tattoo?
8. If you got a 3rd degree burn on your stove?
9. If your boyfriend/girlfriend broke up with you?
10. If you cut your hand ...

How much pain can you take.. Whatever causes it. from -0 to +10?

Additional Details
Mind over matter....

How do I stop cutting my wrists?
I'm 15 and I been cutting my wrists for about 8 months and now I can't stop. I do it when i get sad or depressed which is pretty often. I've tried seeing a counselor but it only helped ...

Dont call me stupid or i need help but how do you brake your arm my arm?
my arm is really sore and its clicking i went to the hospital and they said theres nothing wrong with it and i cannot move it please help me brake my arm ...

I stopped smoking 9 days ago i have lots of questions?
ok i smoked 10 -15 a day since i was 12.
Since i stopped ( cold turkey no patches etc) ive noticed
A,harder to get to sleep
B,hot flushes
c, I can't stop eating which i'...

Should I be ashamed?
Since I was younger I've had a long scar running down the side of my face from an accident. Also I have scars from my more dangerous (let alone unexperienced) skateboarding days.

I�...

How can i make myself sleepy?

If you had broken your leg and your foot was itching how could you scratch it when you have a cast on?
Just interested to what you would do........

How to get rid of a hickie fast?
my boyfreind gave me two relly bad hickies like i had a vacuum attack me lol but i was wondering how to get rid of them ...

Define loneliness for you?

Pray for my son?
My son Troy is in the hospital because of a car wreck. He is only 10! It happened yesterday,right now he is doing okay but I just ask everyone to please pray for him! Thanks guys!
Additional D...

I hit my head very hard and now I am keep falling asleep but I'm not tired?
What is wrong with me?
Additional Details
I dad have a concussion, I also have a cracked skull. : P I ahve to back for a CAT scan tommo. They have to take precautions because my brain is ...

Could my foot be broken?
i stood on a stone now cant walk on my foot so ...

Have you ever got anything stuck in any of your orifices?
I once got a little green bead stuck right up my nose. It made me cry because my nose started bleeding. The doctor took it out with a giant pair of tweezers....

MY FriendS EYE FELL OUT!! WHAT SHOULD HE DO?
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Why don't birds get electrocuted when they sit on pylons?

If you had to be knocked out, how would you like it to happen?

I need help men only !??
I hurt my privates playing rugby, I expected the pain to leave but it's been a week and the pain seems to be getting worse. It feels like it's inside like a tube or something.

P...

Heal cutting scars/cuts faster?
~How can I make the scars go away?
~How can I make the cuts less noticeable?
~If possible, how can I prevent the cuts from scarring?
I have them on my hips, arms, and ankles, if you ...

hi
I this is weried but in surgery do the let you wear underwear?

drmg01
Rating
There are a few variables that have to be addressed when answering this question.

The first question is obviously where are you having surgery? If you are having a procedure done on your pelvis, perineum, proximal thighs or lower abdomen, they will have to be removed. If you are having something short done on another body part, it is likely that the operating room staff won't even check.

The second question is what operation are you undergoing? If it is a long procedure or a procedure in which a full bladder will disrupt the case (i.e., a lower extremity angioplasty in which a full bladder would obscure the fluouroscopy of the proximal vessels), a foley catheter may need to be placed, requiring the removal of underwear.

Marie
As a person that has roughly 14 surgeries, no I wasn't wearing any underware. But, all of the surgeries I had, all involved in the hip & pelvic areas. Never tought about it until I say this weird question. As a matter of fact I wasn't wearing underware when I had carpol tunnel sergery either ... Now ya got me really thinking ....

Natalia's mom
Rating
negative there it doesn't matter where youre getting operated on in the event of something happening during the surgery unless its oral like your teeth getting pulled

smiley
lol no it isn't weird asking, but when you are put out you while having surgery they take everything off ,that is why after wards you are freezing and they give you warm blankets to get warm.

ItsNotFcuk
Not if you're in a surgical room of a gynecologist...

kami97062
It depends on the surgery. If its dental surgery I would say you should be able to keep your underwear. If its a medical surgery you will probably have to take them off. In long surgerys you have to take your underwear off so they can insert a catheter.

Sam
Rating
No! I had surgery for an umbilical hernia a few months back and I took everything off except my underwear. I woke up from surgery later and found that they had taken my underwear off. How Embarrassing!

taylor
Rating
Sometimes they give you this little paper underwear thing, but sometimes you have nothing. Good luck if you're having surgery!

Imahotty2
Rating
I have had a number of surgeries and each time I was told to wear nothing but the gown they gave me.

♥blk1389
Surgery on your hand? Surgery on your leg? Where are you talking about?

It all depends on where the surgery is taking place. If your having your prostate (male) removed, well, than I doubt it! hehe.

big b
Rating
no u hav to b naked unless its just a finger or toe

lipglossaddiction
Rating
not usually, in case they would need to insert a catheter or something like that, you should ask if you are apprehensive.

nellbellgirl
Rating
depends on what area they will be operating on and how long sx is scheduled to take

Cat
Rating
Usually not, but you can always ask. It depends on where the surgery is.

jakers
Rating
No, man. The nurses have you completely strip (or completely strip you, if you're out of it) before any surgery so that the doctors can have easy access to anything they may need without wasting valuable time. There's a reason your mon always told you to wear clean underwear.

Daft One
Rating
NO! You are not allowed to wear any of your own clothes during surgery. You'll be wearing a hospital gown and that's about it.

If you are afraid that the doctor will see you naked, it's not a big deal. They see naked people ALL THE TIME! lol They are used to it, and they are totally professional about it.

Cheers and good luck with the surgery, hun.

missmary
Rating
it depends on what kind of surgery you are having...most of the time you do not wear underwear

Dianne
No, only a hospital gown. But if you insisted, they would probably let you and then remove them later if they needed to.
(while you are unconscious)

Mike J
Rating
Nope. You can wear that same thing you wore in the hospital on the day you were born. There is no reason to be shy of anything. If you are having surgery, you will most likely be unconscious.
I got to wear underwear (I had all of my clothes on) for lasik, but for all my other surgeries, I was naked as a jaybird.

bmac
Rating
No, they don't. In fact, they take your gown off, too. But your gown is back on before you wake up. They can't have anything blocking they way---if you should start to crash during surgery, they are not going to fool with moving your underwear and gown to try and save your life.

mlgable
Rating
It depends on where the surgery is. If you are getting an arm fixed or you ears fixed you can ask to leave your underwear on but if you are getting abdominal or lower back surgery then no.

cwalker64ca
depends ON the surgery

julia.hoover
Rating
Depends on the surgery -- if it is going to be longer than a couple of hours, no; they will place a catheter so they can measure your urine output.

Shayna<3
Is this a joke?

blisscottilub20
Rating
idk i dont think so it depends where ur getting the surgery i guess

blzr20
When I had surgery, they put 4 catheters in my groin area so I wondered the same thing. I didn't have any underwear on, just a gown, but they just cut holes in the gown where they were going in so I wasn't just lying here naked or anything. I think it does depend on what you're having done as well.

j3nny3lf
I've had five surgeries and been told to strip down to nothing but the hospital gown each time. One of those surgeries was on my foot, the others were abdomenal.

b_friskey
Rating
I've had several surguries and nope, I had to be nakie under that hospital garment even when the surgery was on my hand.

ryleah2005
nope, nothing but the gown,

Flame
Rating
yes they do

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 30, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy