Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Dad advice about smoking.?
My dad lied to me when i was six and i believed him he said he stopped smoking. i later found out he has a pack of ciggarets every week i am very sad because his dad died of lung cancer. i don't ...

Nervous about lung cancer!!!!!!?
I am 35 years old. My mother died of lung cancer one year ago. She didnt have any symptoms, just got sick one day, we took her to the hospital, she was diagnosed and died 6 months later. She had ...

Do we have the right to die?
in case of cancer patient, do we have the right to die?...

Does ur chest get smaller wen u get breast cancer??
Plz answer this, is very important!!...

UK What should my friend do about her cancer?
She had an operation for cancer some time ago, now they say it's back. They told her she should have chemo a few weeks ago, then she went to an outpatients clinic thinking it was to sort out the ...

Don't you think worse than havin cancer to die from would be Alzheimer's?
Just watched an old movie that i had never seen before with Mia Farrow and Martin Sheen and i was spellbound to what this woman was going through. I had rather die from anything but having my brain ...

D
Should I be worried if mydoctorsaysI have Breast Cysts?
My doctor said that I have a cyst, but she didn't elaborate. She didn't suggest an ultrasound or mamogram, or any treatment. She just said to avoid caffiene, because that could make the cysts hurt. Should I do something about this? Should mydoctor have done something else? I am in my late 20s, but breast cancer runs in my family.

Precious Puppies
Rating
I had a cyst in my 20's and it was treated by just taking vitamin E, but with a family history of breast cancer get a second opinion.

jayaraman
FIRST AND FOREMOST - Please do not worry even if you have CANCER. You should be bold and act. Generally Doctors do not say or mention about cancer unless they get it confirmed.

BECAUSE CANCER IS STILL AN ENIGMA AND WORRY PEOPLE.

The ultrasound or mammogram will tell you the position exactly and you will know if cancer is prevalent. The treatments such as Surgery, Chemotherapy and radiation therapy are to be given if once it is detected and subject to the grade and stage of the disease. Otherwise just they will remove the cyst and send you.

What your doctor has done and told are exactly perfect and you do not worry anything now. Only thing you should get hold of a good surgeon or oncologist to treat you. Wish you all the best.

kyliestratton
Rating
Get a second opinion straight away. It has been proven that if your young you can't get breast cancer is a myth. It's better to get the cyst biopsied to make sure it's not cancerous. better to make a fool of yourself then to end up trying to fight late stage breast cancer

catzrme
Rating
My internist told me at 31 that most women do have breast cysts. You can research fibrocystic breast. I know some people do have trouble with the cysts becoming inflammed, and they need to have them aspirated. However, with breast cancer in your family, I would ask the doctor to refer you for a mammogram and/or ultrasound. Better to be safe--I did have endometrial cancer at age 31. So, highly unlikely at your age to have cancer, but it can happen.

Doc8
Rating
Fibrocystic disease of breasts is a common disease and is in no way premalignant. It just makes self examination more difficult.

marcia e
Rating
You could have a breast cyst which is like a fluid filled sack inside the breast that comes and goes and sometime can be very painfull.

We do not remove cyst anymore but your doctor should have ordered a US to make sure that it is a simple cyst.

Cyndi S
Rating
With a history of breast cancer in your family it is recommended that you have a mammogram every 6-12 months starting at age 25, monthly self breast exam starting at age 18. Have you been tested for the gene mutation BRCA1 or BRAC2? If so and it is positive you are at greater risk for breast as well as ovarian, colon, and pancreatic. With your family history I strongly recommend a mammogram. You are not to young for cancer. Call your doctor and ask to have a mammogram done. It will give you peace of mind or save your life. God bless and keep you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy