Trouble breathing?

I've been having trouble breathing for a couple of days now. I'm not sure if it's asthma, because if I'm not mistaken, asthma is when you have trouble breathing out (correct me if ...

I've been having trouble breathing for a couple of days now. I'm not sure if it's asthma, because if I'm not mistaken, asthma is when you have trouble breathing out (correct me if I'm wrong) and I'm having trouble breathing in. I've always had trouble breathing after I would run around the house when I was a kid. My dad has asthma and he would give a puff of his inhaler and I would be fine. Does anyone have any ideas on what it might be? Thanks!

Pink
You should go to the doctor immediately. It could be something serious.

Adrienne C
I agree with Zonda, asthma makes it hard to exhale and as far as the humidity goes, i have asthma and humid air makes it very very difficult for me to breathe, i too think you should see a doctor, the longer you wait the more damage is being done.

Nichole R
Rating
Zondi is correct in that it is an obstructive disease and is problems with flow rather then volumes. However, if your flow is low then you can trap air in your lungs and make the process convuluted thus feeling as if you can not breath in as your lungs are already partially full.

Go to a doctor, take an asthma test, it is very simple and very concrete in its results. They will give you a drug that will induce an asthma attack on you if you actually DO have asthma. They will then immediatly reverse it and you can go on to identify your triggers.

Привет
Asthma is when you have trouble getting air into your lung and wind pipes feel tight. You cough a lot and sometimes it hurts to breathe and you sometimes wheeze. Be where its humid and have your inhaler with you all the time and do breathing exercises when you're strong enough to do so.

Aimee R
Probably Asthma....I can't belive your dad just gave to a puff of his inhaler, and never took you to the doctor...Hmm...

Zondi
Rating
You are entirely correct, asthma is a "obstructive" disease and obstructs air leaving your lungs. If you are finding it hard to inhale, that is called a "restrictive" problem, as in you lung volume has been restricted. This means it is in all likelihood not asthma. That said anything that causes breathing difficulty, especially if it has come about in the last few days merits visiting the doctor, and you should do so right away.