Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

If you break your nose will it be smaller?
i hate my nose and im think in i break it it will be smaller....

What bones have you broken?
I just found out a couple of hours ago from the hospital that I have fractured a major bone in my foot. I have also broken my metatarsil a couple of years ago. What bones have you broken before? I...

Is it worth going to the doc after my ex violently attacked me & choked me?
I've already filed a restraining order(well, its in the process), filed an assault charge and he was sent to jail for domestic abuse. The day after he viciously attacked me, threw me all around ...

Can cracking your knuckles really lead to arthritis?
my uncle says it doesnt, but my science teacher says it ...

Should I go to the doctor?
I sliced my fingertip open while cutting onions six days ago.It hurt,and bleed an awful lot,but the bleeding stopped the same night.I've been using bandages on it,but it continues to hurt all ...

I stepped on a nail today --- What would happen if I left it untreated?
I stepped on a nail today --it went through my shoe -- stuck in my foot -- not sure how deep -- took off shoe and sock -- used a first aid towelette thing -- an hour later put some hydrogen peroxide ...

Plz dont laugh?
i am obsessed with spraining my ankle but i cant do it any ideas i only did it once when i wuz 11 and wont to do it again coz i didnt tell anyone but it kinda felt ...

What would hurt less-Falling from a bridge, being hit by a train or being shot in the head-I NEED TO KNOW?
PLEASE HELP ME...

What is the most painfull thing you have ever stubbed your toe on?
And where is the funniest?
What are the storys behind them?...

Should i press charges? or sue? i was assaulted and battered by another kid at my school.....?
he called me a couple fridays ago sayin he was goin to stab me at school or if he sees me in public
then on monday i was goin to the park to play ball and i was gettin a ride from a friend who ...

URGENT: HELP... please! this just now happend!!?
okay so im watching a movie, and th lights are off. So my mom comes down stairs and asked me to pick up the guitarr hero guitar of the ground. so i get up and pick up the guitar off the ground and ...

I was strangled yesterday and?
today there is this swelling in my neck and when i touch it, it hurts!
Additional Details
well, he strangled me because he was angry ...

What do you think is wrong with my leg?
I do cheerleading. I can do splits and jumps and everything. Lately, as in the last month or so, My inner thigh has REALLY been bothering me when I do a split or a jump or stretch. About 5 days ago, ...

Why do I do it if it hurts?
I have had a bike crash and a few cuts and bruises...which I tend to rub and press to feel the pain. I surprised myself enjoying the pain!! Is it normal?
Additional Details

Its all fun and games until??
And please don't say any of that "someone gets hurt" or "loses an eye" BS

Think ...

What is the correct name for a Doctor that check "dead bodies"?

What are easy ways to break my ankle?

Help OMG please someone help me !!!!??? =[?
I was blowing up a balloon and then it popped and flicked me RIGHT IN THE EYE. and omg it hurts so bad.i cant even open my eye right now. it happend like 5 min ago. Is something wrong ? Do i need to ...

How do I break my arm?
I need to break my arm to get out of P.E. I need to do 72 hours of physical activity for school, and I don't want to do it. How do I get out of it by breaking my arm?...

What will help a torn hamstring?
It has been about 3 weeks now since the tear. I play softball and really want to go all out, but unfortunately can't. What will help me out when playing softball, so that it will not bother me ...

zoomraker
Whats a good way to remove a splinter?
I have had a splinter in my thumb now for about a month and the skin around it is slightly blistered and septic, I have tried digging around with tweezers but couldn't get it, any ideas how to get it out.

Texanole
Rating
Tweezers, a sterilized needle, and a magnifying glass. Have someone else do it for you if you can.

lovegivingadvice
Run warm water over it every few hours. The infection will eventually push the splinter out. Just run the warm water over it and maybe put some sort of antibacterial ointment on the area so it doesn't get infected.

fresh_mcgraw
Rating
always wash the infected area. get a pin or some tweezers and clean in some boiling water to reduce chances of infection the use one of them to remove a splinter.

nasty. isn't it.

deniver2003
The best way is to have a doctor look at it however if you don't want to do that, use a small needle (dip it in alchahol first) to gently open up the skin until you can get a grip on it.

dumplingmuffin
Rating
soak in really hot salty water for as long as possible keep it really hot do this for at least half an hour,then try and get it out again with a needle

Dale
Take a sewing needle and match or lighter and sterilize the needle with the flame and try to dig it out or at least bring it forward so you can remove with tweezers. But if you can not remove then see a doctor, it's not good when it's blistering etc.

dan s
Rating
try using drawing out cream you can get it from chemists, usually works well

The BudMiester
Rating
With a sharp, fairly fine sewing needle. You`ll have to "pick" the skin off with it until you get to the splinter, then tweezer it out, or keep taking the skin away with the needle until the splinter comes out.

Tracy
soak it in some hot salt water, then use a sterilzed pin to dig it out, if that fails go see a nurse at your doctors.

QueenKoopa
Rating
bleach

Norm
Nip over to your Dr's, they will clean it

Rae
Rating
I dont know If I would try it now that It is infected? Usually I use glue. Open the puncture with a needle so the splinter is exposed. Then put a dot of glue over it and let it harden. When you peel it off the splinter should come with it

CHRIS S
Rating
drawing ointment from the chemist

Mille_D-Gurl08
Rating
W/ a sterilized safety pin.

Fu Manchu
Rating
Soak it in water until you go wrinkly the skin will be soft enough then for the tweezer way, I had to to it when I had a hair stuck under the skin of my heel...

USMCstingray
get some elmers glue...
pour some on the top of the splinter... let it dry...
peal it off..the splinter should come with it.
if not I guess letting it sit.. your body will get rid of it when it needs to

lineasietisiete
Rating
ouch, that happened to me once,
i just let it stay in there.

if its real deep i think your screwd.

try wiggling it with a needle,

sorry, theres no painless sollution for this.,

TheAnwserer
Get a needle, pour rubbing alchol on it, put a flame on it for like 10 secs so that you sanatize it. Then dig away. It might be uncomfortable but you'll get it out. Then use some H2O2 (hydrogen proxide) and cover with a band aid.

Grev
well the best way is right off, before the skin grows over it, either by rubbing it against something if your fingers can't grap it, or tweezers. The sterilized needle might work in your case though.

deb452295
put a fabric plaster over it and it will draw it out. i had one like yours when i was on holiday it drove me mad cause it was so sore i was told to put a plaster on it and after a couple of days it had gone hope this works for you too. good luck

Ariel B
Try and clip some skin off with nail clippers, not a huge chunk though. Then try to get it with the tweezers

chris c
put it under water while you try to yank it out with a sterilized safety pin...if it don't work go to a doc.

C
you need to use a pin force it out the way it came in, it will be quite painful now thought seen as you have left it so long.

the_show_stopper1998
A needle and tweezers should do it. dig it out real good with the needle and then use the tweezers to pull it out. and be a man about it and don't cry if it hurts a little because you lost your Virginity 16 years ago so you can do anything

bassplayer38646
When you go to bed, wrap scotch tape around it. THis dries out the skin or something, but I know it pulls it towards the surface. Then, try using a knife (it only hurts a little) to cut open the skin and pull it with tweezers.

katem1992
Ouch. If it's gone septic I think you should go to the doctors. In future, pick it out with a steralised needle to reduce the risk of infection.

cin_ann_43
Rating
Try pouring some peroxide on it as this will draw it up to the surface ofyour skin. Then apply super glue and let it dry then peel it off

Thumper
Check out the drug store and ask for a black drawing salve. I have used this before and it does draw out things from your skin.....toxins and stuff like that. The best thing to do is try to sanitize the wound first , then you may have to dig in there with a needle to get it out. If you feel you cant get it out just go to the docs.

just lQQkin
Rating
Go to a doctor...

If not, try soaking in ebson salt/warm water before you ty to get at it with tweezers again...You can also use a sterile needle to open the prunned skina lil and then tweeze it.

90210 aka Hummer Lover
Rating
well if its getting infected then go to your GP and see the nurse if there is one. If not just see your Dr. Don't put it off any longer as it sounds like it is infected.
may only be a splinter but if left you could lose the thumb thru infection.

did i say infection enough times. !!!

The FFX Blitz â„¢
Rating
quicky YANK it out

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy