Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

What is eye doctor called?
eye ...

How do i know if my hand is broken?
it hurts, i cant move it very well, its very swollen but i didnt hear a crack when it happened
Additional Details
im at school and i ...

Has anyone heard of a hospital not wrapping broken ribs?
June of 2006 I fell off a roof and broke my right shoulder, left arm resulting in surgery and multiable broken ribs. Salina Regional Health, a hospital in Salina, Ks never wrapped or administered any ...

Help help a black widow spider just bit me on the arm?
please what should i do it bit me 5 minutes ago and i feel all dizzy and sick i feel like im about to collaspe and there is nobody in my
house at the moment so if i collapse nobody will know....

Dose it hurt to break your toe?
my sis said i dose but i really want to ...

Is it possible to live after being shot in the head?
i ask because i saw an episode of general hospital where someone gets shot in the head but doesn't die......

I've started lifting weights. Yesterday I worked my arms, and today my elbows are very sore. Normal?
Is this a normal symptom of beginning to lift weights, or have I overexerted myself? I did some basic curls, benched a bit, and did some pushups....

How do I get a cork out of my rear?
I fell on a wine bottle, it went up my butt.(it hurt this is not funny) Now the cork is stuck up there. What do I do?
Additional Details

Is it legal for a hospital to make a 5-year old girl with severe fracture wait for 6 hours?
the 5-yr old girl got fractured and was in extreme pain - the hospital in town couldn't treat her, so they asked her to be taken to another town 1 hour from here. In that hospital the doctor ...

Iv`e got in ingrowing pube .............help please?

If you fall asleep in the bath will you wake up before you drown?

Should i have my finger amputated?
I was in a motorbike crash in january and was very badly injured. I broke 19 bones. I have made a good recovery but still have problems with my right hand. the most notice able is that my little ...

Underneath my left eye you can see it beating!! help!!?
and when i touch it , i can feel a pulse and its scaring me!! it looks like a twitch, but its not, its like a beating vein! and its noticable!! please help!! im so freaked out!!
Additional D...

Is it bad if i get hit in the head everyday?
Well I'm 14 years old and i get hit in the head pretty much everyday. I get hit in the head because my sister hits me every day. And HARD too. She is 16 years old and hits really hard.My mom ...

What is the worst injury you have ever had and how did it happen??
and don't say a broken heart!...

I woke up with a scratch on my arm?
I have no idea why. I have this big gash on my arm and i can't figure out what it's from. I didn't have a dream last night either... and I don't think I scratched myself. Does ...

Is you second toe longer than your first toe?

What is it called? Please help!?
When you brake a leg or legs, and doctor gives you those two things, that you have to walk with, what is it called?
Thanks!...

Do you think you would die if?
you recieved all the injuries you ever sustained at once?...

I hit my face it is now swollen how do i reduce the swollen?
i hit my face it is now swollen how do i reduce the swollen. I am not sure if I can still use some ice bacause this happened over 24 hrs ago. any ideas?...

Maria Bianchini
I was strangled yesterday and?
today there is this swelling in my neck and when i touch it, it hurts!
Additional Details
well, he strangled me because he was angry when i said that he has nothing to do with me...and the only reason he let go was because my friend stepped in...
i dunno what to do about him..

Rob F
Rating
You should got to the doctor immediately.

CHUCK NORRIS.
Go to the doctor!

Harley Lady
Rating
Put ice on it. And, I hope whoever strangled you is behind bars.

Scooter
Rating
Why are you not at the Doctor's office or a hospital? Go Now!

Bianca H
go 2 a doctor as soon as possible or it will get worse

sandy v
Rating
Strange to me you didn't mention how and who strangled you.Maybe you should feel lucky to be alive.Call the police and press charges.The unmentioned party WILL be responsible for your doctor bills.Stay away from this person (and i say this because I don't know how one could accidentally be strangled)you could be dead right now.God Bless you and please please please don't let this evil person get away with having no regard for you at all.

35am07
Rating
Maria:

I hope that you getting strangled was by some crazy accident and not another person attempting to hurt you.

You really should see a physician. You don't want the swelling to continue to the point of it affecting your airway and breathing.

You can have serious trauma to your neck that needs attention.

You can also try ice and anti-inflammatory medication, but if you start to have trouble breathing or swallowing, you need to get medical help ASAP.

Best recommendation is to get medical help AND go to the police and file a report if someone was violent towards you!

Hope you feel better.

telluwat
Rating
duh?

Mr Ed
Yes, you should see a doctor, but you must also go the police. This guy is dangerous to others. You could save some other person-s life by reporting him and seeing that he is either put behind bars or gets psychiatric help.

Disney star 08!!
omg!
why what happened?

robert
Your last question was about a friend "accidently" hitting your nose with a purse...............

Seek help

benejueves
Rating
sorry to hear about your misfortune. try warm compresses.

Heather S
hosiptal ASAP

Made in Canada '87!
Rating
Put some ice on it.

Try not to touch it if it hurts.

It's natural that it's going to be swollen and hurt....

Sorry that happened to you.

Company Moron
I'm sorry that happened! You should ice it down for thirty minutes.

Sandy B
strangled? doesnt this mean you would be dead or your were clotheshanged? this is normal...you can go to the dr or wait a week to see if it goes away (normally it does due to,,,,,,well the obvious) if it complicates your breathing go...GO TO A DR IMMEDIATLY...........what happened....send me a email please

nanawnuts
Everyone is right Maria! Get to the doctor. You may have damaged vocal chords among other things. You also need to fill out a police report. I hope you will be okay.

Don't just ice it! There may be damage that can become permenant if not tended to! Go dear. Let us know how it goes. Nana

wife in South Africa
what happened????? why don't you go and have it checked out? caan't really advise you due to the fact that this is not a normal procedure!

cabridog
I am surprised and feel pity to note that you have not yet taken any remedy for the same !

ogantom
Rating
Why did you get strangled?
Well everyone has their reasons.
See the doctor would be my first advise
My second advise is that he/she, whoever it is should pay for your medical expenses and then go to jail. Because you are a victim of violence. Whoever did that to you is a criminal. If you care about other people not being strangled, cops should know about it and take immediate actions.

beez
Rating
Get a cold pack or frozen vegetables and put on your neck. Lie down. If this strangling was by a person, there are more issues to deal with than a swollen neck. Good luck.

UVRay
Well, that's what happens when u get strangled. You should be alright in a few days. If not, make an appointment with a doctor. And if u get strangled again and survive again, go straight to the emergency room! Or call the cops.

blklacquer
Rating
do you mean you choked on something? Because it's probably going to be sore for a couple of days. Im not sure if ice would be ok or heat. You usually ice a sprain, a warm towel may be more comforting. And if you are not sure that you got whatever it is out, or are having trouble breathing, then you should see your doctor immediately.

rxing
Rating
what is wrong with people, I will never know!

Please for your health and safty go to the hospital and have it checked. You could ahve really gotten hurt

Ralph
You need mental help, pronto.

mcandba
Rating
Go to the doctor and let him ice it. Then go to the police dept and get this person put behind bars. Nobody has the right to put their hands on you!!!

Gedaom
Rating
go to the police and file a report. Don't let anybody **** with you.

cari anna
if the pain and swelling goes away within a few days, you'll be fine. when i was strangled, it was hard to swallow for a few days afterwards, but i was okay after a week or so.

but! the downside is that your esophagus might be bruised or cracked, so if youve got access to a doctor, i would go see one just to be sure.

*~STEVIE~* *~B~*
Go to a Drop in Centre or see you GP asap, and either leave or finish with the idiot.

moriartee
Hello Maria! as with any swellings you apply a cold compress to calm the nerves around the affected area. Loosely wrap a cold towel around your neck area which in time will bring out the bruising to the place where it hurts. You may want to visit your local doctor to see if there is any long term 'damage ' but for the time being, just take things easy.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy