Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Ive gone mad!!please answers this!!!?
I hate myself and I cut down my arms all the time whenever i eat and then i throw it up please help because im 13 5ft 3 and weigh eight and a half stone I know that is fat please help
A...

What is eye doctor called?
eye ...

How do i know if my hand is broken?
it hurts, i cant move it very well, its very swollen but i didnt hear a crack when it happened
Additional Details
im at school and i ...

Has anyone heard of a hospital not wrapping broken ribs?
June of 2006 I fell off a roof and broke my right shoulder, left arm resulting in surgery and multiable broken ribs. Salina Regional Health, a hospital in Salina, Ks never wrapped or administered any ...

Help help a black widow spider just bit me on the arm?
please what should i do it bit me 5 minutes ago and i feel all dizzy and sick i feel like im about to collaspe and there is nobody in my
house at the moment so if i collapse nobody will know....

Dose it hurt to break your toe?
my sis said i dose but i really want to ...

Is it possible to live after being shot in the head?
i ask because i saw an episode of general hospital where someone gets shot in the head but doesn't die......

I've started lifting weights. Yesterday I worked my arms, and today my elbows are very sore. Normal?
Is this a normal symptom of beginning to lift weights, or have I overexerted myself? I did some basic curls, benched a bit, and did some pushups....

How do I get a cork out of my rear?
I fell on a wine bottle, it went up my butt.(it hurt this is not funny) Now the cork is stuck up there. What do I do?
Additional Details

Is it legal for a hospital to make a 5-year old girl with severe fracture wait for 6 hours?
the 5-yr old girl got fractured and was in extreme pain - the hospital in town couldn't treat her, so they asked her to be taken to another town 1 hour from here. In that hospital the doctor ...

Iv`e got in ingrowing pube .............help please?

If you fall asleep in the bath will you wake up before you drown?

Should i have my finger amputated?
I was in a motorbike crash in january and was very badly injured. I broke 19 bones. I have made a good recovery but still have problems with my right hand. the most notice able is that my little ...

Underneath my left eye you can see it beating!! help!!?
and when i touch it , i can feel a pulse and its scaring me!! it looks like a twitch, but its not, its like a beating vein! and its noticable!! please help!! im so freaked out!!
Additional D...

Is it bad if i get hit in the head everyday?
Well I'm 14 years old and i get hit in the head pretty much everyday. I get hit in the head because my sister hits me every day. And HARD too. She is 16 years old and hits really hard.My mom ...

What is the worst injury you have ever had and how did it happen??
and don't say a broken heart!...

I woke up with a scratch on my arm?
I have no idea why. I have this big gash on my arm and i can't figure out what it's from. I didn't have a dream last night either... and I don't think I scratched myself. Does ...

Is you second toe longer than your first toe?

What is it called? Please help!?
When you brake a leg or legs, and doctor gives you those two things, that you have to walk with, what is it called?
Thanks!...

Do you think you would die if?
you recieved all the injuries you ever sustained at once?...

iloveeshopping1
URGENT: HELP... please! this just now happend!!?
okay so im watching a movie, and th lights are off. So my mom comes down stairs and asked me to pick up the guitarr hero guitar of the ground. so i get up and pick up the guitar off the ground and put it up on a table close to the tv. i turn around and everything starts to get all black, and i feel really disney. so i fall back on to the couch... and everything gets all normle again. what just happend to me?

Joe Bunda
Rating
you drank too much, no just light headed

David M
Rating
You felt all Disney, you're Goofy... or maybe Minnie?

kay_flood
Rating
postural hypotension, you stood up too fast, bent over and stood up too fast again, so the blood rushed to your feet and you got dizzy. No big deal, just don't stand up so fast again. You might also be a bit dehydrated, you need to drink at least two liters of water every day to help your body function efficiently.

The Mermaid
Rating
it's probably just a black out. I get those all the time from iron deficiency.

mickpave
Rating
combination of getting up quicly and trying to focue in the dark not real uncommen,if you get up to fast your blood pressure drops a bit causing you to get lightheaded,if this happens a lot or starts happening I suggest you see a Doctor ,also some medication can cause same symtom.

Uncle MythMan
Rating
You forgot to breathe ... I hate it when that happens! Just relax, have fun, and breathe.

infoman89032
is called a head rush

slinky_frank
Rating
feeling really "disney"? haha..
this happens to everybody sometimes, being light headed.
just drink more fluids, only get it checked out if its happening all the time.

Pavel K
it happens sometimes when you stand up too fast. has something to do with blood

meg g
Rating
You could be anemic. See your doctor.

wisedrdave
You had a syncopal or near syncopal episode. Fancy medical terminology for a simple faint or near faint. To maintain consciousness adequate blood flow must get to your brain. If you bend down suddenly or are laying down and rise up suddenly you can have a brief temporary lack of blood flow to the brain. Symptoms would be everything going dark and a dizzy feeling.

Tips: get up slowly or avoid bending down and rising up suddenly. If you feel like this in the future, just lay down flat and it should pass.

Sounds like you're normal. If this does keep happening to you consult your doctor.

Sara Bishop
You got up too fast, the blood in your head goes all mumblejumble, happens to me (on accident) all the time.

Spelling Corrections:
"Disney", you mean DIZZY
"normle", you mean NORMAL
"happend", you mean HAPPENED

Mustbe
Rating
Have you ate today?
Have a sandwich & glass of cold milk........

dt.
Rating
You stood up too fast. It happens. And your spelling is AWFUL. Disney is like, Mickey Mouse. You meant DIZZY.

Dizzy Izzy
You stood up to fast.

coolcat27
this has happened to me before. you probably have low blood pressure and/or are dehydrated. it happens if you get up too fast sometimes too.
drink water daily and try not to get up too fast.
don't worry, everything's fine!

say it to me say it to me Goodby
You have what I get. Most ppl call it tunell vision, its actualy caused by low blood pressure, normaly happens to ppl who have good hearts, or are very tired. The blood supply to your head actualy drops significantly hense why u can only see a rle small area in ur vision if any at all. just make sure that when this happens to you, you should either sit down, or find something to lean against just so you dont fall down and hurt yourself. I hope this answers ur question!

kiss me ♥
maybe you just got up too quick which causes a small change in blood pressure

triviatm
Sounds like your blood pressure was pretty low. Sometimes when you've been relaxing or sleeping, your blood pressure will drop, and if you get up and move around really suddenly you'll get dizzy. As long as it isn't something that happens regularly it's nothing to worry about.

Joe
Rating
Since you were sitting down and in a resting state, your blood pressure was low. As you got up, the blood pressure was not high enough to reach your brain, thus causing the dizziness. And the reason why everything turned back to normal is because your brain sent a signal to your heart saying to pump faster and caused your BP to raise so your brain could recieve blood. If you got up more slowly, it wouldn't have happened.

LumiereLady
They are right, you just stood up too quickly and got a little of the hibbie gibbies. No biggie, it will go away in a few. If you were playing guitar hero, it has happened to me after playing for a long time, you get a weird visual effect if you look at things outside of the tv set. since the riff thing is constantly moving your way, when you look at other things you'll feel as things are pulling closer or farther away from you, is a natural high, enjoy it!

thatdrummerguy05
well you just blacked out. somtimes that just happens in the dark. my friends brother wrestles so they turned their garage into a wrestleing room with the blue pads on the ground and on the walls. so me and my 2 friends were in there with the lights off and we started throwing a big ball around and whenever i turned the lights off about 5 minutes later i started seeing things like real creepy things and then i just blacked out. its no biggie

rainbow fun
You just had a dizzy spell! you got off the couch too quickly and the blood rushed to your head! Just sit back and relax! these things happen all them time!

Raven S
Rating
you might have just stood up too fast. it happens alot to me. if you feel like that again, just grap onto a table or something to steady yourself. it should pass in a few seconds.

Pieter C
Rating
you just fainted
get out and go play

Mintee
you moved too quickly and the blood rushed to your brain so fast you got dizzy and had a mini fainting spell.. Just sit back relax, take a few deep breathes.. and you'll be fine..

johnjacob01
You were sitting too long and when you rapidly stood up all the blood was in your legs and couldn't get to your brain so you temporarily blacked out.

Me
Rating
You probably stood up too fast, and possibly need to eat. Also if you black out completely it can be from being dehydrated, drink plenty of water!

Twist
thats a head rush, if your sitting for a while then stand up quickly that can happen. you probably spend to much time sitting around , you should be more active.

Journey
Rating
Sounds like it might be Orthostatic hypotension.

Definition

Orthostatic hypotension is an abnormal decrease in blood pressure when a person stands up. This may lead to fainting.

Description

When a person stands upright, a certain amount of blood normally pools in the veins of the ankles and legs. This pooling means that there is slightly less blood for the heart to pump and causes a drop in blood pressure. Usually, the body responds to this drop so quickly, a person is unaware of the change. The brain tells the blood vessels to constrict so they have less capacity to carry blood, and at the same time tells the heart to beat faster and harder. These responses last for a very brief time. If the body's response to a change in vertical position is slow or absent, the result is orthostatic hypotension. It is not a true disease, but the inability to regulate blood pressure quickly.

Causes and symptoms

Orthostatic hypotension has many possible causes. The most common cause is medications used to treat other conditions. Diuretics reduce the amount of fluid in the body which reduces the volume of blood. Medicines used to expand the blood vessels increase the vessel's ability to carry blood and so lower blood pressure.

If there is a severe loss of body fluid from vomiting, diarrhea, untreated diabetes, or even excessive sweating, blood volume will be reduced enough to lower blood pressure. Severe bleeding can also result in orthostatic hypotension.

Any disease or spinal cord injury that damages the nerves which control blood vessel diameter can cause orthostatic hypotension.

Symptoms of orthostatic hypotension include faintness, dizziness, confusion, or blurry vision, when standing up quickly. An excessive loss of blood pressure can cause a person to pass out.

Diagnosis

When a person experiences any of the symptoms above, a physician can confirm orthostatic hypotension if the person's blood pressure falls significantly on standing up and returns to normal when lying down. The physician will then look for the cause of the condition.

Treatment

When the cause of orthostatic hypotension is related to medication, it is often possible to treat it by reducing dosage or changing the prescription. If it is caused by low blood volume, an increase in fluid intake and retention will solve the problem.

Medications designed to keep blood pressure from falling can be used when they will not interfere with other medical problems.

When orthostatic hypotension cannot be treated, the symptoms can be significantly reduced by remembering to stand up slowly or by wearing elastic stockings.

Prognosis

The prognosis for people who have orthostatic hypotension depends on the underlying cause of the problem.

Prevention

There is no way to prevent orthostatic hypotension, since it is usually the result of another medical condition.

For Your Information

Resources

Organizations

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy