Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

A PAINFULL story!!?
okay about 2years ago this was!!?? i was sleeping one night when out of the blue i felt this horrible pain in my side waist near my back and lower hip!! it would not go away i was crying my eyes out ...

My hip hurts?
Yesterday at lunch this guy named chris was sitting in a chair and i was standing right next to him. Well he like hugged me really hard and it popped my hip or something in that area and it hurt ...

I fell on my knee this morning, and twisted it too, now it hurts...?
I was trying to get to my phone but was showering and when my wet feet hit the hardwood floor, I scrambled like a cartoon character, but still went down at a very awkward angle on my knee. It didn�...

I dont know if my finger is broken or just jammed?
I was playing football and my hand hit with a anouther guys hand now my left middle finger is swolen from the knuckle to the joint and it hurts to make a fist my joint also has a lil blue to it how ...

Is drug testing mandatory when seeing a doctor about temporary state disability due to an injury?
Is testing positive for Marijuana reason to be turned down for temporary state disability benefits?...

My hand hurts I have a 3rd degree burn how can i make it stop hurting?
help me im in severe pain i havent felt this much pain ever help ...

Mild but bothersome knee pain, any advice?
Lately I have been having some mild knee pain on the outside of my right knee. It didn't seem to come on suddenly and has been bothering me for some time now. I have noticed there is a bump in ...

I am very anxious around needles. Having a blood draw soon. scared please help me. Will it really hurt?
Are nurses used to treating nervous patients?

Will they be able to calm me down, and distract me?

Last time i had a blood test, was 4 years ago, the nurse was really horrid. And ...

Sprain/Fracture/Break?
Today at gymnastics I landed with my ankle turned to the side (as in my ankle was very near the floor when i landed) and I can barely move it now without it hurting and I cannot walk on it. My dad ...

Have i broken my kneecap??
i fell down the stairs and hurt my knee. then i had to do sport and ran 3.2km. also i then slipped in the bathroom. my knee really kills and i have trouble moving it, but it is not swelled or ...

Ok I have a Cut In My Arm And I Need It Gone By This Weekend!! Any Suggestions?
I haven't told anyone yet cause I really want it gone and FAST!!
Additional Details
It's not that deep well not really! I just have this thing this weekend and I can't ...

Tell me what you think?
I think that if we made alcohol illegal and marijiana legal a lot more of us would be alive today, alcohol kills. That's just my opinion....

I've cut my hair like a year and a half ago. Why hasn't it grown since then?
I've heard that fish oil pills can help the growth of my hair and nails!...

How to fake a wrist injury or hurt it a little??
i really dont wanna go climbing on the 1 class trip and my teacher already said that it was madatory and im really terrified of heights and dont wanna embarress myself. im thinking about a wrist or ...

My friend just fell off his bike and twisted his leg and it keeps on hurting?
So wat hapened was he fell off and and from his knee to his ankle it hurts cuase it twisted. We're trying ice, but when he moves it, it hurts alot. Any suggestions wat to do?
Additional D...

Why do I wake in the morning with a pulled muscle in my inner calf?
For the past year or two I've been waking up in the morning with my inner calf hurting like crazy; it feels like a pulled muscle and it hurts A LOT. I used to wake up to these pulled muscles ...

I fell on my wrist, what could it be?
I feel hard the other day, with most of the pressure on one hand. Now my wrist hurts going up the side of my arm by that bone that sticks out. I know I didn't break the bone. And I'm not ...

Knee problem. Should I demand more from my doctor?
I have had a knee problem since I was 12 years old. I was running across the street the next step my knee gave out and I crashed like a ton of bricks. It felt like my lower leg went one way and my ...

Will this affect me playing soccer?
My toenail is basically dead and will most likely have to be removed (its my big toe)
Can I still play soccer if It is removed?
What is the general recovery time?...

I've got a ganglian on my wrist?
it's been there for years. sometimes its worse than others. when its big i find it embarrasin but i also find it uncomfortable when i flex my wrist. what exactly is a ganglian, will i always ...

:)
Stepping on rusting nails?
last night i stepped on a wire bar and it went pretty deep in my foot. um..... i was wondering you know how you get that dieses from stepping on a rusting nail, and you need your tetness shot, is this the same situation

can it wait a day, my friend just died and i made an obligation to go help the parents, or should i go to the doctor instead. Or should i go to the doctor tomorrow??????

(sorry can't spell)

Derick
Rating
Make sure you get a Tetanus shot at your doctors.

holdera22
Rating
U need a tetnus shot. U should try to do both.

John Reid
How long has it been since you had a tetanus shot?
You may possibly have picked up clostridium tetani, which you do not need or want. Have you ever heard of "lockjaw"
Clostridium perfringens may also be present if there is animal manure in the area. That causes gas gangrene.
Please go see your doctor, like NOW!

giggles
Yes it is a tetnus shot that you need. Call the Dr. and find out when your last one was...if it has been more than 5 yrs. they will tell you to come in and get vacinated. You need to do it today, not tomorrow. I am sure you will be fine, basically because the biggest concern is if you are cut on rusty things that have had contact with fecal matter from either animals or humans. But you should get the vaccine today, if you call ahead they can have it ready and you probably won't even have to see the Dr., because the nurse can do it.

You also need to make sure you keep the wound clean, wash with soap and water and use peroxide on it. Make sure you keep it bandaged and try to wash it at least 2-3 times a day because if it is on your foot and you are wearing shoes and socks it will stay moist with sweat and can grow infection.

Don't wait!

airbob61@verizon.net
You should get a tetanus shot to prevent the possibility of getting lockjaw, which can be a fatal disease.

John S2005
Rating
Never delay in treating an injury. The foot needs to be ckecked by a doctor or nurse to make sure there is nothing still in there. You could get all kinds of infections from something like this if you do not treat it properly. Tetanus jab is essential , yes. If you are diabetic you should treat it as an emergency as foot problems can be very dangerous for diabetics.

carmenPI
Rating
Go see your doctor. It won't take more than an hour and then you can fulfill your family obligations.
Make sure you wash it with mild soap and water, and keep it clean. Ensure you are up to date with your tetanus.

smartsassysabrina
Rating
If you've had a tetnus shot in the last 7 years, just be sure to keep it clean. I recommend soaking it in warm epsom salt water. My mom did that when it happened to her, and it was fine.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy