Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Define loneliness for you?

Pray for my son?
My son Troy is in the hospital because of a car wreck. He is only 10! It happened yesterday,right now he is doing okay but I just ask everyone to please pray for him! Thanks guys!
Additional D...

I hit my head very hard and now I am keep falling asleep but I'm not tired?
What is wrong with me?
Additional Details
I dad have a concussion, I also have a cracked skull. : P I ahve to back for a CAT scan tommo. They have to take precautions because my brain is ...

Could my foot be broken?
i stood on a stone now cant walk on my foot so ...

Have you ever got anything stuck in any of your orifices?
I once got a little green bead stuck right up my nose. It made me cry because my nose started bleeding. The doctor took it out with a giant pair of tweezers....

MY FriendS EYE FELL OUT!! WHAT SHOULD HE DO?
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Why don't birds get electrocuted when they sit on pylons?

If you had to be knocked out, how would you like it to happen?

I need help men only !??
I hurt my privates playing rugby, I expected the pain to leave but it's been a week and the pain seems to be getting worse. It feels like it's inside like a tube or something.

P...

Heal cutting scars/cuts faster?
~How can I make the scars go away?
~How can I make the cuts less noticeable?
~If possible, how can I prevent the cuts from scarring?
I have them on my hips, arms, and ankles, if you ...

Hurt my knee at work , heat or ice ?

How can I hide my cuts?
I used to cut myself. I'm trying to stop... but Iam going to an event Friday that requires no sleeves. I have marks still on my arm, and I've been using neosporin to try to heal them faster....

Help! i just got shocked!?
ok so my laptop charger is like kinda broken and has a small small tear.
but i just got shocked

whats the worst that can happen? it was on my wrist but it kinda stings

Whould it be ok to use peroxide on ...?
my toe. about a week ago, i fell & my toenail hit the edge of the step, & popped up my toenail. I went to the doctor & they romoved it, bandaged it & sent me home, I changed the ...

Should i wait or should i go now ?
About a week ago i hit my arm really hard (or fast) against the metal bar of my bed ( it's stupid how i did ) and it was all swollen and sore afterwards. Its been a week and i think the ...

I jammed my middle finger and its in a splint right now so what do I do??
Ugh its hard to do anything and it hurts bad. Any thing to help the pain???????????...

Quick... my mom burned her fingers on the stove?
okay, so its thanks giving and we are cooking, obviously.. and my mom was picking up a cover to a pot and she burned three of her fingers. its not serious, but are there any tricks to making them ...

How do you treat a mild burn? mine just wont stop burning.?
I need the answer right away....

I was in a car accedent yesterday...and now....?
I was in a car accedent yesterday.;
It was really bad. the airbags went off. and everyone was hurt except for me. The woman in the car in front of us was carried away in a stretcher.
but ...

Help black eye!!!!!!?
how to get rid of it and dont give me that "put make-up on it" line.what can i do?...

the_real_anna_banana
Help with a burn?
i was curling my hair the other night and i burnt my cheek with my curling tongs...the skin actually bubbled and im left with a big mark on my cheek...it will definitely scab...i just need help on what to put on it....

NONAME
Rating
try t.c.p thats good for burns

Bong!
Rating
If it hurts, put toothpaste on it. Don't question the science of it, but it'll cool it down. Ask the chemist at your pharmacy to recommend something for burns.

sofia_reimchen
Aloe Vera! it comes as gels, sprays etc. it really helps to heal and sooth burns! people have been using it for more than 1000s of years, believe me. i always use it when i burn or cut myself. hope this helps you, get well soon!

Phish
You should have gone directly to hospital with a facial burn in order for them to take the most appropriate action to allow it to heal and not leave scars. People take burns far too lightly, and something like this that could well leave a facial disfigurement should have received expert attention immediately. All burns should be immersed in, or continuously sprayed with, cold water immediately, and for a period of about 10 mins, then covered with a soft.clean, lint-free dressing prior to seeking prompt medical attention.

gousa1991
Rating
put aola on it but you might wanna go to a doctor if it gets worse cuz it is a 2nd degree burn

Boris
Don't burst the blister or it will scar.

Leave it for a week for the pain and blister to go.

Don't apply any ointments or poultices to it. Leave it to cure in the air.

enigma_variation
try some natural yoghurt, works wonders on sunburn and the principle is the same. At worst you will look like a tool with yoghurt on your face

sshhmmee2000
Rating
100% Aloe will help. It shouldnt be that hard to find..

lindaloo
Lavender oil, apply direct to the skin, it'll prevent scarring and ease the pain.

"Immediately place the affected area under cold water for at least 10 minutes. Apply NEAT Lavender or Tea Tree on to the affected area and reapply a minimum of 3 times per day. There is no harm in exceeding this.

An ice compress can be made for larger areas and apply the compress to the area for around 10 minutes. Make a solution of 50ml Lavender Floral Water (hydrolat) and 10 drops each of Lavender and Chamomile, shake well and apply to the area. Repeat the application 4 times a day.

A sterile gauze with a couple of drops of Lavender applied will help clear infection and soothe. Replace the dressing every couple of hours to ensure maximum effect.

At a later stage an application of Calendula Cream or Oil will help reduce any scarring. Another effective oil is Borage Seed."

Mrs.Doyle
Rating
Aloe vera gel. As near to pure as you can find. Minimal scarring then.
Lavender oil, neat also helps.

miss_gemstone
Rating
your not really supposed to put anything on burns,but bio oil is good for the scar if it leaves one,it's expensive bout £8...but it really works over time,for the dryness of the sore put a fragrent free moisuriser on it....next time be more carefull :D

awommack
cream

Red
Rating
not sure bout this since the skin bubbled. but instead of usin aloe vera gel. get an actual aloe plant. cut a part off towards the end and squeeze the juice that comes out onto the burn. that'll help moisturize it and prevent scarrin. but i would also see a doctor bout it if i were you. just to make sure the burn doesn't get infected and get worse. the doctor may decide you need an antibiotic and somethin more then the aloe

skyeblue
You can use Aloe Vera on the burn. You can also use Bacitracin and be sure to keep the area clean with an antibacterial soap, such as dial. Cleanliness is very important. If it leaves a scar, there are ointments on the market that will lessen the effects.

yipper w
Rating
If you know anyone with an aloa-vera plant ask them if you can tweek off a couple of ends and rub the aloa vera plant on the burn

sunshine
egg white works like a miricle used it for years prevents scaring too apply seceral times a day let it dry.

Black_ash
put some ointment on the burn

Peanuts
You poor thing ! it must have hurt Like crazy . I would recommend aloe vera jelly as pure as you can get . It will cool the skin , heal the wound and prevent scarring.

salsa
Rating
silver-dean or toothpaste keep it moist

misschrisboo2
Rating
put some ice on it

Abularaby
Rating
apply cold water for few minutes, use flamazine cream from chemist, pain killer e.g. paracetamol tablets.

♥fluffykins_69♥
Rating
don't put anything on the burn at all, just be careful when washing your face trying not to catch it at all.
you don't want a infection in a burn especially on your face , as may cause a scar.
let it dry up on its own

nert
Don't put *anything* on it other than cold water / ice pack until you see your GP. Burns are funny things and can react badly to chemical products. He'll be able to prescribe suitable creams, and possibly anti-scarring cream as well.

x1gemma1x
mosturise it, n put some cold water on it, and/or cover it with some makeup power

Frodette Baggins
If you did it 'the other night' you will already have a scab - and you will probably have a scar at the end.
Now all you can do is relieve it by moisturising. Aloe Vera is always good for burns - but now you are not talking about a burn, you are only talking about a scab and scarring. Just use your normal moisturiser. That way you can be sure that it won't cause any further problems.
For the future, get yourself a real Aloe Vera plant - and if it happens again, break open one of the 'leaves' and put the juice straight on to the burn. It will relieve any pain instantly, it will moisturise and it will stop any scarring. No house should be without one!
And I do have to apologise. I actually read this question as 'Help with a bum!' - I was rather intrigued!

Michael Daniel
Rating
Just use Ice!

brownsuga
Rating
I've done this brfore and thought i'd be scarred for life, i just put olive oil on it after a few days the skin began to peel off and left no scar thankfully

*~HoNeYBeE~*
Rating
Treatment: Minor Burns
The first step in treating superficial burns, i.e., those without blistering or deep skin damage, is to use a lotion to insure that the skin stays moist. Antibiotics are not usually given at this point, as the skin cover is still intact and infection is not a great concern. In the case of burns which have blistered (second-degree burns), the larger blisters and those which have burst need to be debrided, or cleaned of foreign matter and dead tissue. After debriding, an antibiotic ointment, normally silver sulfadiazine, is applied.

For facial burns and people with allergies to sulfa drugs, in place of silver sulfadiazine use bacitracin or another antibiotic. These ointments are applied twice a day and recovered with a clean gauze dressing.

Another choice is the newly developed, "jelly-like" hydrocolloid dressings These dressings are left in place for about 72 hours and, after that, are changed every 5-7 days. If there is evidence of infection or excessive drainage more frequent changes may be necessary.

The reason for using antibiotic ointments, even for victims who have not yet developed any kind of infection, is that second-degree burns can seriously impair the ability of the skin to fight infection. This can make it dangerous to wait.

Sometimes, even superficial burns will become infected. Symptoms usually occur in the first few days and include swelling and redness around the burn. The typical cause is the Streptococcus Pyogenes bacterium, which, thankfully, is treated easily with penicillin. Recently, however, more and more infections caused by Staphylococcus Aureus have been seen. This organism can be resistant to penicillin and many other antibiotics.

All burns require close follow-up for infection. If infection develops, victims may be hospitalized and given intravenous antibiotics.

For small but deep burns, the best treatment may be immediate surgery to take out and repair damaged tissue with skin grafts. This can promote and speed healing.

Finally, a very important aspect of outpatient burn treatment is dealing with the pain, which can be severe. Although many patients get considerable relief from the application of antibiotic ointment, some may need pain killing drugs or, in extreme cases, narcotics.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 30, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy