Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Its all fun and games until??
And please don't say any of that "someone gets hurt" or "loses an eye" BS

Think ...

What is the correct name for a Doctor that check "dead bodies"?

What are easy ways to break my ankle?

Help OMG please someone help me !!!!??? =[?
I was blowing up a balloon and then it popped and flicked me RIGHT IN THE EYE. and omg it hurts so bad.i cant even open my eye right now. it happend like 5 min ago. Is something wrong ? Do i need to ...

How do I break my arm?
I need to break my arm to get out of P.E. I need to do 72 hours of physical activity for school, and I don't want to do it. How do I get out of it by breaking my arm?...

What will help a torn hamstring?
It has been about 3 weeks now since the tear. I play softball and really want to go all out, but unfortunately can't. What will help me out when playing softball, so that it will not bother me ...

WHO WANTS 10 POINTS? HELP PLZ!!!! i injured my wrist been been few months now READ ON...?
i use 2 break dance well not dat im a break dancer biggining 2 so i use 2 b able 2 stand on my hands however in one of those times while i was standing on my hands idk how my right arm fractured or ...

Ive gone mad!!please answers this!!!?
I hate myself and I cut down my arms all the time whenever i eat and then i throw it up please help because im 13 5ft 3 and weigh eight and a half stone I know that is fat please help
A...

What is eye doctor called?
eye ...

How do i know if my hand is broken?
it hurts, i cant move it very well, its very swollen but i didnt hear a crack when it happened
Additional Details
im at school and i ...

Has anyone heard of a hospital not wrapping broken ribs?
June of 2006 I fell off a roof and broke my right shoulder, left arm resulting in surgery and multiable broken ribs. Salina Regional Health, a hospital in Salina, Ks never wrapped or administered any ...

Help help a black widow spider just bit me on the arm?
please what should i do it bit me 5 minutes ago and i feel all dizzy and sick i feel like im about to collaspe and there is nobody in my
house at the moment so if i collapse nobody will know....

Dose it hurt to break your toe?
my sis said i dose but i really want to ...

Is it possible to live after being shot in the head?
i ask because i saw an episode of general hospital where someone gets shot in the head but doesn't die......

I've started lifting weights. Yesterday I worked my arms, and today my elbows are very sore. Normal?
Is this a normal symptom of beginning to lift weights, or have I overexerted myself? I did some basic curls, benched a bit, and did some pushups....

How do I get a cork out of my rear?
I fell on a wine bottle, it went up my butt.(it hurt this is not funny) Now the cork is stuck up there. What do I do?
Additional Details

Is it legal for a hospital to make a 5-year old girl with severe fracture wait for 6 hours?
the 5-yr old girl got fractured and was in extreme pain - the hospital in town couldn't treat her, so they asked her to be taken to another town 1 hour from here. In that hospital the doctor ...

Iv`e got in ingrowing pube .............help please?

If you fall asleep in the bath will you wake up before you drown?

Should i have my finger amputated?
I was in a motorbike crash in january and was very badly injured. I broke 19 bones. I have made a good recovery but still have problems with my right hand. the most notice able is that my little ...

pinoyboy
Can cracking your knuckles really lead to arthritis?
my uncle says it doesnt, but my science teacher says it does

Graham L
Rating
I'm pretty sure I head somewhere that was a myth, but maybe it being a myth is a myth too...

*cracks nuckles*

HexInari
I read a magazine article recently in Redbook written by a doctor and he said no there is no proof that is causes arthritis but it can lead to some weakened or damaged ligaments and the noise is just air pockets popping or something to that nature

Lenny
Rating
Hello Pinoyboy.

Yes, think about it, you're snapping the two joint bones together which has to be abusing the protective cartilage between them, wearing it down and making it all the easier for arthritic spurs to grow in time. As habit forming as 'knuckle cracking' is once someone gets started doing it, major damage can be done in very little time. You won't feel the painful results of that damage for many, many years since the spurs will take time to grow to the point of actual arthritis, especially at the age you most likely are but it will come. It's a habit worth breaking.

Regards,

Lenny.

Tiffany H
its a fibb...cuz i asked some science blah blah blah one year when i was like in 7th grade he said no..but it does make em get bigg?!

Kitty
I read somewhere that this was just a myth

crazyem
no, but when you are older and get arthritis it may hurt more

fluffy
I was told by a physician that cracking the knuckles allow fluid to build up around the joints of the fingers which causes inflammation. We are aware that arthritis is a form of inflammation of the joints.

Crazy Gal
I have actually heard that it causes to break up arthritis. Think of it as if u have arthritis and you crack your knuckles, you are just causing the air from cracking your knuckles to break up the arthritis.

West of Encino
it wont lead to arthritis but it might lead to a fractured skull when the guy hits you on the head with a two by four after you drive him nutzzZ.

Chickabiddyy
Rating
No. What happens is that something settles in your joints and when you crack them it's the thing being released. I can't remember if the thing is a liquid or gas.
But no, it can't lead to arthritis.

Karebear
Rating
no I saw on a heath program that by cracking your knuckles you release some sorta gas from your joint. & thats why you can't crack them again for awhile. Until it goes back up into the knuckle joint.- but no to the arthritis.

abiss
no it cause explosive diarrhea

thathockeychick23
Rating
Actually there have been studies which have shown that cracking your knuckles does not lead to arthritis. When you crack your knuckles you are popping bubbles in the synovial fluid in the joints. It also may lead to stretching of the ligaments. But it does not necessarily lead to arthritis. Most diseases like this have a predispostion of being genetic, so if you are going to get arthritis you are going to get it. Cracking your knuckles is not going to speed up the process. But it is bad because you can end up injuring them in other ways.

Makenna E
from what i heard yes but everyone has provided great answers! great Q

lbmk
Rating
No it doesn't. The sound made when cracking your knuckles is the release of carbon dioxide that has built up between the joints.

If you pull them straight out to pop them it is not a problem. Bending them sideways and rotating them to crack them will cause you lots of problems in life if you use your hands for things. Incedently, the popping sound comes from the release of gases that are within out joints.

Irish
Rating
Not in my opinion and I have been doing it all my life.

Leroy J.
It doesn't. Cracking the knuckles is nothing but annoying. Your science teacher is wrong. Look it up and then throw it in her face during class one day.

TG
Oh good heavens. There is NO scientific evidence for this. Ask your teacher to show you some. He shouldn't be foisting old wives tales on you in the guise of science.

GJax
Rating
All it does is releases air so I doubt it causes anything.

Hit Pig Welpen Tretter
No, your science teacher is full of it

allie
no research says it doesnt. a man cracked his left hand(left hand only!) every day for 40 years and both hands were identical.

when you "Crack" your knuckles you are just moving the joint out of place for a quick moment and releasing gases

Tash
What the, I hope not! I crack my knuckels all the time! I'm pretty sure it dosen't though...as for making your knuckels fat, what a load of bollocks. When you crack your knuckels, whats you're doing is popping the air in between the joints or some crap. (This is what I vaguley remember from some science show on TV) Far as I know, there is no direct evidence proving cracking knuckles will cause athritis...at any rate, I can't stop, it's a habit now and if I don't crack them they actually start to hurt...

red riter
No, everybody crack their knuckles or back or other joints.
Arthritis appears to be a hereditary / genetic disease.

beez
This is actually an Old Wives Tale.

D
Rating
i don't think so. isn't it meant to be good for them to do it every once in a while? probably not good to do it too often though

Mami Chula
no i asked serveral docters none which says it does

Nightwind
Rating
No, it doesn't. It's an old wives tale. I deal with a lot of joint pain and my mother has arthritis and we've both asked doctors and all have agreed that there is no medical connection to joint cracking and arthritis.

Kevin
No. There have been studies performed on this in the past. They show that knuckle-cracking (unless excessive - multiple times per hour, etc.) is completely safe. It neither reduces the risk of arthritis nor increases the risk of getting arthritis.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy