Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Which do you prefer? Dentists or doctors?
Just taking a random survey....

Only 14 with yellow teeth?
I don't smoke, am not bulimic or taken any antibiotics that got them this way. I don't drink coffee or tea, I brush my teeth daily... but my teeth are kinda yellow. Any ideas?...

Is my dentist allowed to be rude to me ...?
the last time i took my daughter i got verbal abuse , he said i ought to be ashamed of myself and that i was a bad mother etc , could i have reported him etc , my daughter needed a filling yes but i ...

Im getting braces soon? what color should i get? is it gonna be painfull?
yea im realy nervous i wont look right with them.. my teeth are not crroked at all.. like i dont even know why i gotta get emm. im getting them on august 5. thats like 9 days away. pleaseee give me ...

Why don't people in the U.K take care of their teeth like in the United States?
Or maybe its just a stupid stereotype......

Why should we brush teeth in the morning?
i understand that we should brush teeth everytime after we eat, so the food won't be left on the teeth, but why do we have to do it in the morning? we don't eat at ...

I am terrified of the dentist and need my wisdom teeth pulled. How bad does it really hurt?

Given the choice, what would you do?
my dentist has offered me two options, get my tooth out, or get root canal treatment. Its a back molar and I don't know whether to just go for it and get it pulled out or give the root canal ...

Bracesss..?
ok im gettinf braces in feb. nd i wanted to know the process..not in like 5 paragraphs...just a brief process of it. and how does it make your eatin habits different? when can you chew gum? how do i ...

How do you get rid of bad breathe?
I would like to know how to get rid of bad breathe because someone that I really care about suffers from it....

Do wisdom teeth coming in means you're getting smarter?

What is it like having your wisdom teeth removed?
I've been having problems with my wisdom teeth for some time and over the weekend I have developed a bad infection along with a very swollen face. I'm going to ask my dentist if I can have ...

OO my God, I need some real answers please?
I have to have a tooth pulled and i dont know what is to be done. al i know is that i am terrified!!! i know that i have to get a needle in my mouth, can someone please explain what is to be done and ...

Help! I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed?
Alright so I know that the pain after getting your wisdom teeth removed is "different for everybody", but I have this theory that mine won't be very bad simply because all of my wisdom ...

My gums have been bleeding when i brush my teeth, this has been happening for about 2 weeks, what do i do?
Its only when i brush my teeth, i'm 13 and i have braces, please help!!!!!!!!...

Hello is there any sort of calpol or some thing like that what can help me with tooth ache?
any thing but tablets i car'nt take tablets every time i put it on my tongue i'm nearly sick so i just take it ...

Do braces hurt when they put them on u?

How many times do you brush your teeth in one day? ♥?

Could i use ?
cillit bang to whiten my teeth ? afterall theyre enamel and so is my bath
Additional Details
sun m - im from the uk , its a product ...

Breath problems!?
i have bad breath and need help getting rid of it. i brush my teeth every morning floss and and listerine and at night i use act. i brush my toung and also go to the dentist every 6 months to get my ...

AMber M
Help please!! I am having EXTREME pain in my mouth from one tooth with a cavity. It is throbbing from the?
right side of my head all the way through my entire jaw line. This is extreme pain....i'd say level 8 on a scale from 1-10...what can I do? Whats wrong?

buslanejane69
Obviously you have a cavity that is infected, hence the pain. You need to go to a doctor/dentist to get anti-biotics to get rid of the infection before the tooth can be pulled if it needs to be. If the tooth gets pulled out before this, your entire blood system will become infected also and you could become very ill and if left untreated can even be fatal. Anyway just get yourself to the dentist or doctor asap.

RoVale
You need to see a dentist as soon as possible. The tooth is infected and will not get any better. The pain also will not ease up by itself. Until you can get to see a dentist, try to see if you can get that person to give you a prescription for a pain reliever. Years ago, I had this happen to me. I had had a crown put on a tooth but since so much material had been drilled away, the tooth became infected. It started hurting soon after the crown was put on but the pain subsided after a few days so I didn't think anything more of it. Then a few months later, the pain came back suddenly and severely. It was so bad that I actually began tugging on the tooth to try to pull it out. I got a prescription for Codeine because I wasn't able to see the dentist for at least another day. The drug worked but it made me woozy. I would say that in your case, you're going to either have to get a root canal or have the tooth extracted.

Hypoxia
Rating
If you can wait it out make an emergency dental appt first thing in the morning, if you cannot take it another minute go to the ER. If you are going to wait it out take an Aleve or even a pain pill if you have one handy. My guess is you have an infection for sure and most likely an abscessed tooth, you will probably need either a tooth pulled or at least a root canal, will probably be pricey. Nothing is worse than a toothache, if I were you I would go to the ER, no sense in remaining in agony all night.

kevin
Rating
I'm no dentist but I'd say your tooth is probably infected and you need a root canal or you have the worst cavity in the history of the world. Give your dentist a call or go to your clinic.

Brent Bert
in guessin the cavity has spread and created an infection, that will ultimately lead to more pain.. and unfortunately for you.. a root canal... go to your dentist though, they may be able to offer more advice

strawberry
Rating
ur tooth is infected, definatally..

go to the dentist,

as fast as u can

Curious
Rating
If you can't get to the dentist charcoal will draw the infection. It can be found in the health food store or made by burning something (wood is good) and scraping it.

NurseElise
Rating
go to your dentist IMMEDIATELY!

hbuckmeister
Rating
Im no dentist, but the cavity could of gotten so deep that you may now need a root canal. Please get evaluated from a dentist.

Someday Soon
This is going to sound crazy, but get a glass of water with lots of ice. Take a small sip and tilt your head to the side that hurts so the tooth is covered in the ice water. It will hurt like a mother the first couple times, but I promise, if you keep doing it every 5 minutes or so, the pain will go away. The ice water reduces the swelling that is putting pressure on the tooth and causing the pain plus the coldness kind of numbs it. I swear it works, you'll be so relieved.

LeeA
Rating
You need to go to the Dentist ASAP. Until then..... Oragel for tooth pain is pretty good to apply right on the painful tooth. Your local pharmacy should have it. I would also take an IB profin also.

The mom
The only thing you can do at the moment is take a pain reliever, my recommendation would be Ibuprofen (Motrin). If you can get to the store, they have oral lidocaine gel to help numb the tooth. At your first chance though, you need to get emergency dental care for that tooth. As bad as it is now, it's not going to get any better if you wait.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy