Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Do braces hurt when you first get them?
I'm getting braces soon,and I just want to know what to ...

Cant sleep chronic toothache, any advice?

How can I prevent bad breath?

What type of toothpaste do you use?

Additional Details
thanks for you response.......

Toothache and wont be able to see a dentist till Thursday?
I cracked my tooth sometime in January 2007 (don't remember the exacted day) but it didn't start hurting till a had some peanuts a week in a half ago. Now the pain is nearly unbearable and I...

Anyone else think having toothache is more painful than giving birth?
I've had Endometriosis and given birth twice but nothing compares to the pain when you have an abscess or tooth problem....

How many toothbrushes have you ?

Wisdom tooth being pulled out?
i am getting my wisdom tooth pulled out on thursday and i am pretty damn nervous... i am expecting a whole lot of pain, if so can you tell me your stories with this, how did you cope with it and how ...

R u afraid of going to the dentist?
I am not I personally love it, cause I love my teeth....

If you've had your wisdom teeth surgically removed...?
I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow. I'm really nervous about it. My bf told me as many details as he could remember about the process, but his were removed a couple years ago, ...

HOW LONG SHOULD U KEEP A tooth brush?
ok. so plz answer my question. i will choose u for best answer but first im gonna go answer one of ur questions . u give ten points then i give u ur points. my tooth brush is kinda old but i cant ...

Can you over brush your teeth?
If you brush your teeth with a regular toothbrush, and without using toothpaste for about an hour a day, can it damage your teeth or your gums?...

If uve had braces... PLEASE HELP ME!?
tomorow i am gonig to the orthadontist for my "moldinggs" or whatever theere called, for my braces. i was sposed to get my braces three years ago but i am TERRIFIED of vomiting... so i am ...

A few questions about getting wisom teeth pulled??
1. how much does it hurt and for how long?
2. do the pain pills they give you for the pain after the pulling cause nausea?
3. will it cause swelling around my face??! school starts on ...

When is it safe to remove stitches?
I had 9 extractions done under sedation on monday evening (3 days ago ) and im wondering when it is safe to remove the stitches.

i originally thought the stitches would disolve however im ...

How long of a recovery from a root canal?
Should I take the whole day off work, or will I feel alright when I leave the dentist office?...

How can I get rid of my bad breath?
I brush my teeth twice a day, floss, use mouth rinse, brush my tongue, and see a dentist regularly. I think it may be because I often have sinus problems and I know that can result in bad breath. Any ...

Is sugar free chewing gum bad for teeth?

Question for women. toothache or child birth? I was to;d today that toothache is worse. What do you think?

Are there any cheap ways to get whiter teeth?
I have aloe vera whitening toothgel stuff, but i can't see any difference. I already know i shouldn't drink fizzy drinks/coffee/tea.
Additional Details

four wheelin' love♥
Do braces hurt when they put them on u?

sexychic123321
Rating
I have had braces for over a year now, so you can trust me to say, YES!!! well actually, when you first get them on not necessarily...mine dint, but they KILLED when i got them tightened. just take a tylenol before and you get them on, and before you go to bed...that always helps me.

Redsox324
well it inflicts alot of pain on ur teeth everywhere, if u take a couple tylenol they should be somewhat better but despite that yes they hurt

simply
Doesnt hurt when you get them but got to get used to having them in your mouth.When the braces start to work they cause a dull pain for almost a week in the beginning.

corky
yes like hell..for a while

misty a
Yes but you get used to them. And they cut your mouth don't forget to get wax at ortho. He'll know what you mean. Also hurts like hell when they tighten them. LOL Have fun.

Anry
Rating
no

barbie89032
Rating
yup

stanleys_2001
OMG yes.

cheerleader_bre
Rating
That is a very interesting question because i should be asking the same one. I have to get them put on also and many people have said that they do not hurt when u are getting them on but, wait until you get home!!!!!!!!

Shorty
They don't hurt when they are put on they hurt when they are tightened

LT
no, but give it the next day! it does hurt

iamtiffy606
Rating
when they put them on, no. while you have them on, your jaw and teeth are sore. when they take them off....wow---talk about discomfort.

hswatsonaz
Rating
They cause alot of soreness and pain. Especially if the wire is adjusted and not trimmed off, it scrapes the back of your mouth and HURTS! They give you wax to cover any wires that poke you, but it doesn't help. If you feel a wire poking you at the dentist's office, tell them then, it won't get any better until they trim it off enough to where it doesn't poke and scrape anymore. And, remember to wear your retainer after you get your braces off, I didn't and my teeth moved back.

silver01222000
yeah but just like any thing else you get use to it

Bored At School
I don't but I will know in a few weeks cause I have to get them mate.

jesjohl
when they are first putting braces onto your teeth, your teeth will not hurt and you probably will not feel any pain whatsoever... but the next day when you wake up in the morning, your teeth will feel very sore and this will last probably for about a week but no longer... i reccommend taking some tyennol the night you get braces and as far as eating goes I recommend Odwala which is a smoothie type of drink and comes in a variety of flavors but is very filling, but other than that I would just keep reminding yourself about the beautiful smile you will have afterwards!!!

hangloose786
Rating
my friend had braces, they pull ur teeth alot and can hurt for a couple of weeks b/c u can feel the pulling, but then it just hurts whenever u get them tightened

hotsing1
Rating
no, not when they put them on, but aftwards it hurt for a week!

▒Яenée▒
Rating
No but the next day your gums are sore

bellbon24
No they just fell sore for a while. When they put on new metal bars to link them together you get the same feeling.

alice
It doesn't actually hurt but it definitely feels uncomfortable. Afterwards you'll whole mouth will probably feel sore and you won't feel like eating so I suggest you eat before.

NVHSChemGuy
at first usually not but after a few hours your teeth ache. Get jello and pudding to eat the first day and actaully try sugar free gum to help loosen and shift your teath the first couple days

yodakelbell
it hurts for a couple days every time you go back to the orthodontist to get them tightened. you get them when you have enough adult teeth and if your teeth are not straight. i got my braces when i was in 5th grade. most ppl get them sometime between middle and high school. it took me for years for eveything (including retainers) to be done.

njangerball
It is uncomfortable because your mouth is held open for a few hours and it has to be dry so that the adhesihve works right. The only part that really hurts is when they slide the wire through the braces and tighten the wire that is pulling your teeth. Then it hurts when they snip off the excess wire. Your mouth and teeth wil be sore for about 3 days. It'll be worth it, when you show off your new smile later. Good luck and stay strong!!!

Chelsea C
my sis sez that they do, she used to have em. she also sez they hurt when they tighten them

Jozef
It isn't that they hurt, just that they make your teeth sore.

fife4life
it don't hurt when they put the braces on but it feels weird. The only time it really hurts is when they tighten up on the braces, then it feels like a tooth ache all over your mouth.

ladyshep
Rating
You get sore, but you get used to it everytime they tighten them up. It is worth it!

nbabomb666
Rating
yes, you will be sore, but it will go away in a couple of days...
then the next time the dentist tightens them, you will be sore again, and so on...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy