Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Who uses mouthwash as part of their oral hygiene?
I don't really use it, but I floss and brush 2x daily, but which one is better, Listerine or Crest Pro-Health Rinse?...

What can I eat and cant eat when I have braces?
I just recently got braces yesterday. My teeth are very sore ! Is there anything i can eat without damaging my braces? And what should I avoid?? Because right now its like a have a hug strip of metal ...

What is the best treament for a seven month old baby that is teething really bad and cant sleep?

How often should i brush my teeth,currently i`m doing it once a week, is that sufficient?

What is the best toothbrush I can buy for $500?
my papa gave me five hundred dollars to buy a tooth-brush. can you tell me what is the best tooth brush I can buy with just this little amount of money?? thank ...

Can anyone tell me the best way to stop my false teeth falling out?
I was having tea with the local vicar the other day. I took a bite of my cucumber sandwich ( cut into triangles with the crust cut off) and my teeth fell out. Oh! The shame i did'nt know where ...

I think I have an absessed tooth, what should I do?
I know I have to go to the dentist, but they scheduled me for july 5th, and I got a headache because of it. What can I do for now? Should I take tylenol or any other medicine?...

Do braces hurt when you first get them?
I'm getting braces soon,and I just want to know what to ...

Cant sleep chronic toothache, any advice?

How can I prevent bad breath?

What type of toothpaste do you use?

Additional Details
thanks for you response.......

Toothache and wont be able to see a dentist till Thursday?
I cracked my tooth sometime in January 2007 (don't remember the exacted day) but it didn't start hurting till a had some peanuts a week in a half ago. Now the pain is nearly unbearable and I...

Anyone else think having toothache is more painful than giving birth?
I've had Endometriosis and given birth twice but nothing compares to the pain when you have an abscess or tooth problem....

How many toothbrushes have you ?

Wisdom tooth being pulled out?
i am getting my wisdom tooth pulled out on thursday and i am pretty damn nervous... i am expecting a whole lot of pain, if so can you tell me your stories with this, how did you cope with it and how ...

R u afraid of going to the dentist?
I am not I personally love it, cause I love my teeth....

If you've had your wisdom teeth surgically removed...?
I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow. I'm really nervous about it. My bf told me as many details as he could remember about the process, but his were removed a couple years ago, ...

HOW LONG SHOULD U KEEP A tooth brush?
ok. so plz answer my question. i will choose u for best answer but first im gonna go answer one of ur questions . u give ten points then i give u ur points. my tooth brush is kinda old but i cant ...

Can you over brush your teeth?
If you brush your teeth with a regular toothbrush, and without using toothpaste for about an hour a day, can it damage your teeth or your gums?...

If uve had braces... PLEASE HELP ME!?
tomorow i am gonig to the orthadontist for my "moldinggs" or whatever theere called, for my braces. i was sposed to get my braces three years ago but i am TERRIFIED of vomiting... so i am ...

n2art2002
How do you get rid of bad breathe?
I would like to know how to get rid of bad breathe because someone that I really care about suffers from it.

lhtracey
Along with the above answer, use a tongue scraper. It gets that nasty gunk off the back of the tongue.

Also try gargling with seltzer water. The bubbles do something to get in where other things don't. Try drinking seltzer with a lemon twist!

red_peru_nina
Well, use Crest the mint flavor.You know the green color one.I t really works.

albetros3
Rating
Let them know if it is really offensive. There are certain oral diseases that can only be helped or cured by consulting a dentist. Some are minor, such as gingivitis; some are very serious, such as ANUG, which you can literally smell down the hall. You are a great friend for helping this person. You could offer to go with this person to see a dentist and be there to support them. The sooner the better for their health!

little v
mints,icebreakers,gum,listering,and lots more

kyeann
Take chlorophyll and mint herbal supplement.

kimmie
BRUSH YA TEETH, FLOSS AFTER EVERY MEAL!, EAT HEALTHY PROTIEN FOOD UNTIL BREATH STARTS TO SMELL BETTER!

summer beautyâ„¢
brush teeth,mouth wash,breath mints

just some guy
Rating
Really bad breath, the kind that brushing, mouth wash, and flossing don't take care of can be signs of bigger problems. They should usually see a dentist. If a dentist can't help a regular doctor may be able to find a problem that is not in the mouth but causes the bad breath.

As another said, making sure not to get an empty stomach can help. "Tongue brushing" as well as brushing the roof of the mouth and gums will also help.

futballer
Rating
Bad breath is usually caused by gum disease, sometimes referred to as pyorrhea or periodontal disease. The bad odor comes from rotting food and and the associated bacteria in the mouth.

There is a collar of gum tissue around each tooth. Without proper brushing and flossing, food get stuck down around this collar of tissue where it rots. This then gives off a bad odor like rotting food.

This person needs to go to the dentist and get a very thorough check-up to evaluate for gum disease. This is the number one reason why adults lose their teeth early.

Worse than bad breath, research has found that gum disease is linked to many other medical problems such as heart disease and stroke. This should help motivate them to get it checked. I would recommend that you seek out a younger dentist. They are likely to have more training in the treatment of this problem. Good luck!!

Olga
my brother has the same problem. Spray your mouth with mint spray and try not to have an empty stomach.

mybling2828
Rating
gum and brush your teeth

Ben B
Rating
Have them brush their tongue. Over night lots of bacteria grows on their tongue. Also if they forget to floss, then that will cause it as well. Sometimes it's a gastrointestinal problem (like in thier stomach) but not likely.

sexy_chick_butterfly
Rating
brush your teeth and floss

Lavida rose
Rating
Bad breath is commonly related to digestive disfunction, but is generally only treated at the mouth which will only provide short term results. I would suggest a detox diet and assessment of the digestive system. Also see a natural health professional for a full assessment. In the meantime chewing on parsley helps both orally and in the digestive system.

coconut_lime1011
Rating
listerine pocket packs

hyacinth
Rating
Brushing and flossing, cool water, breath assure is a pill they could take

justine
Of course good home care helps. Make sure that they are seeing their dentist regularly. People that haven't had their teeth professionaly cleaned in awhile suffer from bad breath. It could also be a sign of decay being on their teeth.

Kittn
They have a thing called a tongue cleaner. People can keep brushing all day, but unless you get that gunk off your tongue, it is going to have an odor. They sell them right near the toothbrushes and it scrapes all that stuff from the back of your tongue off. Brushing your tongue helps, but doesn't remove all of the junk off of it. Mints and gum can mask the problem, but don't get rid of it.

Heather
Rating
Brush your teeth

ya'll be nice now ya heah?
Good hygiene. Brushing teeth and flossing is of paramount importance. If they still have bad breath, there are pills you can take to freshen up your breath. I can't remember the name of it off hand, but just go to the pharmacist and ask him, he will know the name. And as always brush you breath with Dentene!

Mstislav
Rating
If the problem is that bad, your friend must see a dentist. Either she's not brushing her teeth correctly, scraping her tongue, and rinsing with mouthwash.

Now, something which works better than Listerine and any other mouthwash product, is Peroxide. Yeah, it tastes nasty, but first of all you're not going to swallow it, you just do it the same way as you do when you use Listerine or any other brand. Peroxide removes bacteria, germs, and other bad stuff that cause bad breath. Flossing is also very important, and drinking lots of water..pure water. Your mouth needs water, your body needs it too. Sometimes drinking sodas, kool aid, and other flavored drinks gives us bad breath, including junk food.

xo_hippie_xo
floss all your teeth front an back gargle with listerine then brush you should smell better , do it before you go to bed well at least twice a day if you can more thats good.

Unfrozen Caveman
dynamite

ft3535
Rating
it is caused by a few things
the teeth need cleaning by the dentist
they need to brush and floss their own teeth regularly
their tongue has a bacterial problem ( gargle and see Doctor)
also your stomach can cause this on going problem..in this you really should see a Doctor..could be minor or problem with your stomach, see you doctor soon.....
good luck

emmabell22
Brush & floss. Try to get them to see the dentist in case there is an underlying problem, like gum disease.

Inquisitive
All of the above. Plus, it's possible it could be a medical condition that can be modified with a doctor's help. I'd look into it if I were her.

pdj1967
Rating
brush teeth & gargle....change your diet...could be something youre eating

briandoogan13
Brush regularly and brush your tongue as well since thats where most of the bad breath comes from

Diamond in the Rough
Rating
A dental appointment, could be underlining issues that only a dentist can rectify.

miatalise12560
go to the dentist and get a good cleaning and check-up
use good mouthwash
use gum and/or breath mints
stop smoking
lay off the onions and garlic
brush your teeth after every meal
brush your tongue
floss

icen64
Rating
listerine, gum, brush your teeth and gum, eat a lot and dont get an empty stomache, stop being nervous, floss

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy