Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Do wisdom teeth coming in means you're getting smarter?

What is it like having your wisdom teeth removed?
I've been having problems with my wisdom teeth for some time and over the weekend I have developed a bad infection along with a very swollen face. I'm going to ask my dentist if I can have ...

OO my God, I need some real answers please?
I have to have a tooth pulled and i dont know what is to be done. al i know is that i am terrified!!! i know that i have to get a needle in my mouth, can someone please explain what is to be done and ...

Help! I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed?
Alright so I know that the pain after getting your wisdom teeth removed is "different for everybody", but I have this theory that mine won't be very bad simply because all of my wisdom ...

My gums have been bleeding when i brush my teeth, this has been happening for about 2 weeks, what do i do?
Its only when i brush my teeth, i'm 13 and i have braces, please help!!!!!!!!...

Hello is there any sort of calpol or some thing like that what can help me with tooth ache?
any thing but tablets i car'nt take tablets every time i put it on my tongue i'm nearly sick so i just take it ...

Do braces hurt when they put them on u?

How many times do you brush your teeth in one day? ♥?

Could i use ?
cillit bang to whiten my teeth ? afterall theyre enamel and so is my bath
Additional Details
sun m - im from the uk , its a product ...

Breath problems!?
i have bad breath and need help getting rid of it. i brush my teeth every morning floss and and listerine and at night i use act. i brush my toung and also go to the dentist every 6 months to get my ...

Who uses mouthwash as part of their oral hygiene?
I don't really use it, but I floss and brush 2x daily, but which one is better, Listerine or Crest Pro-Health Rinse?...

What can I eat and cant eat when I have braces?
I just recently got braces yesterday. My teeth are very sore ! Is there anything i can eat without damaging my braces? And what should I avoid?? Because right now its like a have a hug strip of metal ...

What is the best treament for a seven month old baby that is teething really bad and cant sleep?

How often should i brush my teeth,currently i`m doing it once a week, is that sufficient?

What is the best toothbrush I can buy for $500?
my papa gave me five hundred dollars to buy a tooth-brush. can you tell me what is the best tooth brush I can buy with just this little amount of money?? thank ...

Can anyone tell me the best way to stop my false teeth falling out?
I was having tea with the local vicar the other day. I took a bite of my cucumber sandwich ( cut into triangles with the crust cut off) and my teeth fell out. Oh! The shame i did'nt know where ...

I think I have an absessed tooth, what should I do?
I know I have to go to the dentist, but they scheduled me for july 5th, and I got a headache because of it. What can I do for now? Should I take tylenol or any other medicine?...

Do braces hurt when you first get them?
I'm getting braces soon,and I just want to know what to ...

Cant sleep chronic toothache, any advice?

How can I prevent bad breath?

Emma Lee
Does anyone know if braces hurt? and is it worth getting made fun of?

ღ ♫ [M A D i S☮N] ♫ ღ
Rating
you wont get made fun of!!!!

after awhile youll forget they're on!!!

Mimi
My sister has braces...n i dont think people make fun of them anymore.....its not really a big deal since so many people have them...i think some one would make more fun of some one with messed up teet than w braces..
Ne way...according to my sis they hurt everytime you get them tightened and u prob cant eat for like a few hours .but its def. worth it!...
Or u can try invisaline...the clear braces!

Jen
Rating
It's worth it. And yes it does hurt when they tighten them up. Go forth it, you will be glad you did when you have beautiful teeth.

pura_rosa
YES, braces hurt, specially after they adjust them and they are very much worth it, before them I did not have this perfect smile!!!

livingdeadgirl
Rating
braces hurt at firdt and everytime that u get them adjusted which is like every month , they usually take about 2 or more years and they are very annoying, only get them if u absolutly must...trust me, i get kmine off the 25 of this month after 2 excuciating years of having them.

â–ºCoconut Butterâ—„
Rating
I had braces 20 yrs ago, they were uncomfortable for the first couple of days and when getting them adjusted.
Definately worth it.
The have invisalign now, if your parents can afford it.

****very important to wear the retainer or your teeth will go crooked again.

*Starlight Magnolia*
My daughter has braces. She said they hurt when she first got them and each time she goes back for an adjustment it bothers her a little.Also, until you get used to them,the inside of your jaws and lips will be very tender.This is only temporary.So what if they make fun of you .That is temporary,too. Just think, when the braces come off that will really give them something to talk about.SMILE PROUDLY!!!!!

Do not Eat YelloWsnoW
it hurts at first. but hey, i am wearing braces now and i really like how my teeth looks. you can change colours and stuff.
and ofc you can see a huge difference at the end, it's worth it.

cz73kz
Rating
Yes, definitely yes

Lucky Lady
They do hurt but not all the time. Only when you get them on for about a week and then every month when you get them adjusted for a day or two. It's all up to you what you want. If you are not getting them because of the pain then that is kind of silly. If you can not afford them that is a different story.

I love to LMFAO :D
Rating
Im getting braces at the end of this month (cringe!) and to be honest I don't care if I get made fun of because at the end of it I will have nice teeth and its worth it! Everybody at my school that have braces get no bother of all the other kids! :) Most people have them or have had them before!

Also I've heard that they do hurt every time you get them tightened (every month) and when you just get them in!

Good luck! :)
x

$Sun King$
Rating
When you meet prince charming, you want to be able to give him a nice, toothy smile.

Brandon M.
Rating
yes it will hurt but even if you do get made fun of;you will be pleased with the outcome when your teeth are nice and straight.

Nori H
it just feels wierd but u'll get used to it

~people will make fun of u if u try to hide ur braces

~try to act like nothing happened (:

Bekki. :D
Not to scare you, but yes, they do hurt, but the result is phenomenal, and it can save you from a lifetime of dental problems.

aida
I've never worn them, but it's my understanding that, like any foreign body in the mouth (especially on the tongue side), they take some getting used to. If they actually hurt, your orthodontist should be able to adjust them to make them more comfortable.

As for being made fun of, are you sure that will happen? After all, don't several of your classmates already have them? And are the braces you may get really conspicuous? Many today are almost invisible. If you really think other kids will make fun of you, just think of some snappy retorts, like "All the better to bite you with, my dear!"

Are they worth the inconvenience or whatever?? Well, are you happy with your smile now? Or do you always smile with yoru mouth closed? Can you take a bite of a cookie without spilling crumbs? Finally, just look at some before and after pictures! I think you'll decide that they are!

P. S. About the pain or discomfort, I'll defer to those who have had them and posted their answers while I was writing mine.

Aimee
they hurt at first when you first get them on, but after that you get used to them.It's definitely worth it. I don't think anyone will make fun of you.

goldolocks!
Rating
Well, I got mine put on this morning and they actually look really cool!!! I don't think you'll get teased - most people get braces at some stage in life. It will be worth it in the end. I was showing mine off to everyone in school today and I got loadsa compliments, haha! Don't be afraid - I put off getting braces for years and I regret not getting them sooner now! And you can pick out cool colours aswell! Good luck! xx

Felicia S
Rating
uh ya they hurt and i dont think any one will make fun of you it is worth it in the end

Tiffgoody2shoes
Rating
Hey check out invisalign, they're actually less expensive then metal braces, and have almost no pain at all!

Maalru3
Yes they hurt, not going to lie. Yes it is worth getting them, you will appriciate it later when you have straight teeth. if people make fun of you for them, then they are rude and not good friends!

bumpygirl92
Rating
It kind of depends what is wrong with you, but yes, most of the time they DO hurt. I've had them for two years. But, it will be worth it in the end. Plus, no one has ever made fun of me for them.

Emy
I had braces for eight years when I was a kid! They're painful in the beginning when you're not used to them, and also painful for a day when you have them tightened. It's totally worth it though, the pain isn't all that bad. I'm so glad for it, even though I had them for so long. I was never made fun of though. Lots of people have them now, even famous people.

Ellen
They only hurt went you first get them on and when you get them tightened. I never get made fun of because so many people have them these days. If someone makes fun of you just say " at least i'm going to have a beautiful smile" . Good Luck!

Little 'ole Me
Rating
No they don't hurt, it may be a bit uncomfortable when you get them fitted, but I found this was more to having something in your mouth you are not used to rather than the actual braces themselves.

I would say if you can get braces then definitely, I did all I could when I was younger to get my teeth sorted (loads of braces) (unfortunately they were a bit beyond help back then) eventually I got them sorted by having them capped, but I would much prefer if they were all my own teeth. I look back now at photos of me before they were sorted and there are no photos of me smiling because I was so self conscious of them. Everywhere I went I was embarrassed by them and never smiled, I even spoke showing as little teeth as possible, what a way to be your actions ruled by the state of your teeth - so in my opinion definitely worth any fun people may make of them (I didn't have any BTW).

Lauren
Rating
I had braces for four years and no one made fun of me for them. Most people have had braces at one point or time, so they really souldn't make fun of you.

And yes, they will hurt. Especially when you get them tightened and then when you get rubber bands. Take some tylenol 30 minutes before your appointment though and you should be fine!

Lab Tech Mike
Ok braces dont hurt I had them for 5 years. (my teeth were real bad because of an accident when I was a child) People who make fun of you are just doing so to make themself feel better about themselves just ignore them.

Mommy89
I had them for a few yrs(my teeth were horrible) and yes at 1st they will hurt because they will be really tight on the teeth, but after a few days you wont even notice them and, some ppl will make fun of you, just ignore them your going to have beautiful teeth in the end!!!!!!! Oh and they will hurt again every time you need your wires changed! But go for it you wont regret it!

darkbosslady
Yes and no. It depends on the type. Metal braces yes they hurt but usually only for the first couple of days and then your mouth gets used to it. But every month you go for an adjustment and your mouth hurts again.

Yes it it worth it.

Basically you may get made fun of for a little while but then when you get the braces off you have perfectly straight teeth and no one will make fun of you for having a great smile.

Lover Girl
People don't make fun of you when you have braces, and yes they do hurt. It's not the whole time though, only when they are put on or tightened. They are WAYYYY worth it.

ajsmommy
Yes and Yes.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy