Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

I want galsses but my eyes are fine. What should I get perscuption for?
My eyes are fine, I just look good in glasses. I want to were them. I need to know what to ask for. Like the linse. I want ones that dont really make a diferance.

sorry for the mis ...

My dad has been having really bad eye redness in both eyes and they are both very puffy?
he hasnt been to the doctors yet, what could this be?...

What am I seeing?
When I blink, alot of the time I will se black dots and sometimes I see these like, see-through wormlike things, They look like worms and some are ssquiggly and have light lines in them. What in the ...

What color are my eyes? i'm so confused.?
http://i30.photobucket.c
on the right :]

http://i30.photobucket.c

Why does my eye sometimes have a twitch?

Why does my right eye look slightly smaller than the other??

I've got a bubble under my eye, what the heck is it?!?
It's like a little sac just sitting there on the skin directly under my left eye. Does anybody know what it could be? I always rub my eyes so maybe that has something to do with it....

My 15 year ol daughter has been told she needs glasses to wear full time. Any tips to help her with this?

I just got glasses. What will others think?
I just got them, and i don't mind them. I think they are pretty cute but I'm just afraid of what my friends and family will say. Will they be shocked because even though ive had trouble ...

I noticed that my husband has the white part of his eyes, like dirty yellowish, Is that a bad sign?

Is my eye color rare?
my eyes are a blue ish color. with green more towards the middle, and specks of brown with the green. but blue is more than any other color.
alot of people say i have beautiful eyes, but i like ...

Does anyone feel better when they have there glasses on?
I do....

It hurts if i blink when i have my contacts on...Whats wrong?
Its only my left eye. It feels as if there is something (inside) the eye lids. Its only when i have my contact on my left eye. my right is perfectly fine. Ive had contacts for about 3 weeks now. It ...

Do I need glasses?
I am 13 and I sometimes have trouble seaing the board, I also have headaches on and off. I sqint alot and rub my eys all the time. I also move my head close to stuff a lott....

Is it true that some people's eye colour changes when they are experiencing strong emotions?

Is it okay to wear contacts if you have allergies ?
okay, so I have really dark brown eyes, the closest shade to black most likely. And I would like to get colored contacts to brighthen them up a little. However, I have allergies generally to pollen ...

How long can you keep your eyes open without blinking?

What kind of foods can i eat for better eye site?

Do i have pink eye what does it look like?
my eyes r all red they burn and r itchy and they keep getting goopie and i feel like crying they hurt so bad ps i am 14...

Is laser eye surgery dangerous?
I want to get laser eye surgery in 2 years when I'm 21, but some people have told me that it's a risky surgery. What are the odds of something going wrong?...

whoa
Should I wear my contacts on a airplane??
The flight is 2 hours and 30 min. I know airplanes are dry. I will be flying Jet Blue so does the type of airplane effect the dryness of the air????

>wonder whats next<
NOOOOOOOOOOO, the pressure from the atmosphere will cause the contacts to flip the other way.....its painful.

punkin
go to wal=mart they have visine for contacts to go in your eyes that should help you and yes i would wear mines

chgoalex
Rating
I once wore my contacts on a 10 hour plane flight, even slept with them on... you'll be fine.

Michael G
Rating
You'll be fine. Im sure millions do it every day.

'Sides, theres no reason not to. Should people in the dry southwestern US not wear contacts ever?

tommy
Lol...ahahaha... it wont affect anything. Im going to be going on a plane for 12 hours and im going to be wearing them. Stop beign a girl its like land theres no diffrence,

huggz
Rating
You should be fine for that short time...but take some solution and specs so that if your eyes start to become dry you can take your lenses out.

afterworkllc
Rating
I have flew a lot and always wear my contacts. If you just started wearing contacts than get some drops.

Sagittarius4lyfe
Rating
you should be fine but i would bring some eyedrops just in case. have a nice and safe trip

aekren
You can wear contacts if you want, I've gone on 5 hour plane rides with contacts on and have been fine. If you are not sure just bring your contact case and you can take them out mid flight.

eatpraylove108
yes, your contacts will dry, but its fine. i wear mine all the time and i travel daily on 8-10 hour flights. Just bring re wetting drops with you put 2 drops in each eye every hour to help with the dryness. you'll be fine though. The type of plane doesnt matter, they are all drying on your skin, eyes, and hair. they all blow air from the vents.

serious
Rating
just bring eye drops

Brian H
Rating
I always wear my contacts when flyin, w/no problem. Take the wetting drops with you though, just in case.

Dea G
Rating
I don't take off my contact lens, in the plane on short flights. However on international flights lasting 10 hours or so, I really take them off when I'm already on the plane. And just use my eyeglasses. The air inside the plane is so much drier and can irritate the eyes and sometimes make it red or pop out the contact lens.

ahmadnfo
If you want to see the people around you.

Tiare
Rating
BRING EYE DROPS and everything will be fine. be sure they are less than 3 oz and in a plastic ziploc bag of the appropriate size or they will confiscate them as they did mine

M L
Rating
Airplanes can dry out your contacts. 2.5 hours isn't very long though. If it were 4+ hours (or if you have problems with dry eyes) I would take them out, otherwise I wouldn't worry about it. You can always carry eye drops with you.

darkmage1235
You should be fine wearing them on all planes but I would bring some eye drops just to be safe!

Jennifer
Rating
Absolutely! unless you have the preference not to wear them. If you have a sensitivity to drier air, just have some eyedrops with you...I'd recommend some preservative free ones (mine is in a clear sealed dropper...cause I have heard of some problems since 9/11 with people being able to carry on some toiletries, including normal saline solution and eyedrops).

Call ahead and check with your airport to see what the restrictions are (I haven't flown in so long I do not know what they are anymore). If, by chance, they restrict bottles of any kind, then it might be wiser if you are prone to dry eyes, to wear your glasses until you reach your destination.

foxbelle
Rating
Your fine wearing them on a plane, just take some nice soothing eye drops with you if you feel dry put in a few drops :)

Good luck.

SportsWorld
You'll be fine, if I were you I would buy Clear Eye before I enter the plane incase you notice your eye starts to dry up.

♥♥Mrs SSG B♥♥
You can wear them...just bring some lens rewetting drops. You need to be careful though, with the restrictions they have on what you can take on board the plane these days...I'm not sure of the actual restrictions, but you can only bring so many liquid ounces on with you...check into that.

Perkiepy
You'll be fine to wear them on an airplane. I've wore contacts for over twenty years and have taken flight as long as eight hours with them in and never had a problem.
If your concerned about the dry atmosphere on an airoplane, I'd suggest your bring some rewetting drops just to ease your mind!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy