Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

How long does it usually take to get used to new glasses...just got progressive bifocals yesterday...?

Dad and contacts?
*sigh*
ok, so i'm 13 years old, and I've had glasses since 6th grade.
I also have extremely bad vision [-6 in both eyes]

anyway, i've been talking to my parents ...

Twich on my eyelid is PISSING ME OFF!?
ok my left eyelid (top) is twitching and has been doing so for a couple days now
i dont really think im nervous--why would i be!!??
i dont drink coffee i hate it-
Additional Details

How to get glas out of your eye?
yesterday i broke a lightbulb and some of the glass went into my eyes, its really irritating is there any where to get it out without visiting an eye docter and is it dangerous its been in my eye for ...

Colors seem richer in one eye vs. the other?
I've noticed that colors seem richer in one eye and not so much with my other one. Does anyone else have this "problem"?
Additional Details
Actually, this has been going ...

Eye problems?
i have a yellow dot on each eye, on the inside of the eye, is it something i should be worried about?...

I peed the bed and i need to know whats a good way to clean it up fast before my friend comes over?
I know its embarrasing because im 14 but its not my fault....

For colored contacts, do they come in different sized "pupil holes?"?

Additional Details
I am talking about opaque colored contacts, the ones that completely change the color of your irises....

Am I having eyes problem?
- I can hardly read signs when I'm far from them.
- I seem to be always softly dazzled, even when the light is low.
- My vision seems to be like vibrating when I'm looking far ...

Is the damage to my contact significant?
On one of my contacts there is a little triangular cut on the outside edge... it looks like a little triangular piece was snipped out of it (its small but noticeable). Pretty much, the outside ...

Help I need advice, my eyes are bleeding (photo included)?
I got in a scrap last week and I caught a punch around my eye. At first my eye was a little bit red in the far corner, and then it just started dancing across my eye. I woke up this morning and it ...

Do color contacts need a prescription?
i want to buy colored contacts, but i want to know if their is any risk if i buy them in a corner store where they sell clothes....

I'm myopic (-2.50), is it healthier for my eyes if I wear my glasses all the time, or just every now and then?

What eye drops are recommended to be used for general eye health are care?
eyes prone to allergy symptoms....

Bi-focal contact lenses: What's my problem?
Hello all-

Here's my problem. I am very near sighted. Without glasses or contact lenses, I can see the tiniest of print. Not as well if I wear reading glasses over regular contact ...

I need a vitamins for the eyes.?
i am 35 and wearing contact lence for a decade now and i am tired of using those lence but i am afraid of operation or laser, this is not a cataract, i might say that i am a nearsighted i felt about ...

Why are my eyes watering????
just recently my eye has have started to water a ton and sting totally randomly! like i'll just be sitting there (or today, marching) and it'll start watering and stinging a lot. in fact,...

White part in the eye otherwise know as the sclera.?
I have very bright white eyes. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about that. If it could mean I'm healthy or not so much because my blood vessels are not visible. It could mean nothing, I&...

Would contacts be a better option over glasses?
Okay so I have an appointment to get my eyes checked and I haven't done it since 2003. Anyways, I've always worn glasses but I was thinking about switching over to contacts so I need some ...

Question for contact wearers?
Okay..when you put contacts in do they sometimes feel a little itchy for the first couple minutes? I've had my contacts for about 10 months..and sometimes when I put them in they itch and feel ...

twirler_dancer_4ever
Laser eye surgery?????
i want to have this done but i dont know any effects or anything...got any help

:)
Rating
my aunt got it done.
She didn't suffer any side effects..you should get it done.
my aunt said that getting that done helped her a lot and made life muchh better.
:)

Margaret
Rating
Laser eye surgery is very safe nowadays. My cousin got her dental implants and Lasik surgery in India by a company called Indian Health Guru Consultants. The Price for dental and Lasik surgery is very less in India. She paid 25% of the price she was quoted in America.

Indian Health Guru Consultants is very famous in India They arrange Dental surgery, jaw surgery, Lasik eye surgery, Dental Implants etc for foreign patients in India. I read a lot about them in the Newspapers and magazines- about their patient stories.
They arrange financing for USA, Canadian, UK and other international patients who plan to have surgery abroad for low cost, as dental and eye surgery is not covered by insurance. They also have photos pasted of their International patients. You can checkout their website. There are huge cost savings. As a doctor I personally believe that surgery can be easily handled in India, as the quality of healthcare available In India is simply best in the world. The surgeons are USA/UK trained and facilities are 5 star.

http://www.indianhealthguru.com
Hope this helps.

Gina S
This is the best thing ever I know alot of people who have had laser surgery and I am in the process of getting it done. Everyone I know who went through has said nothing but good things!

Despite the pluses, there are some disadvantages:

Changes made to the cornea cannot be reversed after LASIK laser eye surgery.
Corrections can only be made by additional LASIK laser eye surgeries.
LASIK laser eye surgery is expensive, typically costing $2,200 to $2,250 per eye; though compared to the cost of glasses and contact lenses, the price is reasonable.
LASIK laser eye surgery is technically complex. Problems may occur when the doctor cuts the flap, which can permanently affect vision.
LASIK laser eye surgery can cause a loss of "best" vision with or without glasses at 1 year after surgery. Your best vision is the highest degree of vision that you achieved while wearing your contacts or eyeglasses.
What Are the Potential Side Effects of LASIK Laser Eye Surgery?
Some patients experience discomfort in the first 24-48 hours after surgery. Other side effects, although rare, may include:

Glare
Seeing halos around images
Difficulty driving at night
Fluctuating vision
Dry eyes

The FDA has found no long-term side effects from LASIK laser eye surgery

alleyes
There is a video showing how the sugery is done:
http://www.eyesurgeryvideos.com/2008/05/custom-wavefront-lasik.html

yellowsubfreak
Well I'm 22 and had all laser interlase lasik eye surgery about a month ago and love it. My vision is now 20/20 (I was classified as legally blind before the procedure). The first 24 hours were definitely uncomfortable (I slept most of it though). I was told by my surgeon that due to my age there is a 30% chance that I will need what they call an enhancement procedure in 10 years. However my surgery came with 100% lifetime guarantee so if I do need an enhancement I won't need to pay again which is nice since the procedure did cost me $4000. Go to a free consolation and find out if you are a candidate (I actually went to a few places). I ended up going to Lasik Plus (http://www.lasikplus.com/), they have tons of locations. During the consolation you bascially go through a very in depth eye exam to check various things and discuss all possible complications (one of the big ones is testing the thickness of your cornea (if they're not that thick it will limit which types of lasik surgery you may be able to get, if any). Generally they won't do surgery if your vision has not been stabilized for at least 1-2 years. Just remember there are risks but the recent FDA complainants are not new (or really a lot when you consider how many people have had it done), the press just focuses on them every once in a while. The key is to make sure you find a surgeon that you feel comfortable in that is willing to answer any questions you may have.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy