Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Do contact lenses steam up?
Like glasses steam up when you go near swimming pools

Thanks! :)

POLL: What do you prefer to wear Glasses or eye contacts ???
Thank you....

Are carrots actually good for your eye's ?
is this a myth or is it true ?!...

If you had a eye ?
we all kown we have two eye,s if we was given a other eye where you you put and why?...

Contacts or Glasses?
I have been using glasses for 5 years now. Im starting to think of contacts. Which one do u like better? How long does it take to get contacts (from time u asked for contacts to time u got them) ?<...

What happens when you close your eyes too long while wearing contacts?
I started wearing contacts about a month ago. I know that you're not supposed to sleep with them on, but what really happens? Do they roll into the back of your head? Because that is my biggest ...

What color are your eyes?

At what age did you first need glasses?
Do you like wearing them or do you hate it?
I've needed them for long-sightedness since I was 15, which is 5 years. I don't mind them as mine are really comfy so I forget I've got ...

What eye color do you guys prefer?
Anyone can answer.
Blue-green?
Brow?
Yellow-Green?
Hazel?
Additional Details
mine are blue...with like felcks of yellow and green.what color would you call that?...

Can putting lemon into my eye change color?
well can it.
good answers ...

What is this annoying thing i'm seeing?
Just a couple months, I noticed that sometimes i can see lil thing floating around in my vision. It's very tiny looks like lint but it's not. I'm on the computer a lot so I don't ...

Should I wear my contacts on a airplane??
The flight is 2 hours and 30 min. I know airplanes are dry. I will be flying Jet Blue so does the type of airplane effect the dryness of the air????...

I can't stop blinking my eyes.?
lately, for the past two days, i have been blinking soooo much. Like twice every second. Literally. It feels my eyes are cold, and there is constant blowing. Like its the feeling when you stick your ...

What's This Thing In My Eye?
I get this on and off, just these clear little gelly like things that float through my eye. They don't hurt or anything, I just can't see through them. They move too, I can get them out ...

Favourite Eye Colour?
Whats ur fave eye colour my eyes are a dark hazel green & i luv Bright blue eyes

So whats ur fave eye colour?...

Why is there more than one type of colour for eyes?

I see streaks of white light in my left eye?
kk wel this is like the 6 time happening in 1 year. i was at school (im 13) and all of the sudden i see little white moving lights in my left eye (its like a sawrm of insects) but it goes away in ...

Can i get lasik eye surgery if im 12 about 2 b 13?
i will b 13 on september 5th....

Glasses vs contacts?
I have astigmatism and slight nearsightdness. I have both glasses and contacts, but was wondering why I see better through my glasses. With my contacts, it sometimes is blurry especially up close, ...

Do you wear glasses?

ginger123
Can 12year olds get contacts?????
just want to ask

hotshot396
Yes they can if they are really smart and make contracts with small businesses. Also if they are actors, singers, or musicians. Even if you are younger.

makattackz
color contacts or prescription ones. the later is obvious. but i believe u'd have to b about 15. but keep trying its not like their cigarettes.

Isise
Rating
Yep. Parental permission necessary and uh..I think it's more expensive or something.

kittygirl_2777
I'm 10 and i got a fan so y can't a 12 years old get contacts?

elizabeth m
See an optometrist. Age is not the only issue. The type of correction needed, one's maturity in maintenance, and cost are some other factors.

reba 4
umm ya but talk to your doctor if your ready

CHARLY
yes with my dad's approval my brother got'em at 12

ThARaDeGrEaT
Rating
yup............no problem with that.......

vhesponage
Yup!

sunsfan
yes but do make sure you go through a eye doctor and be very careful with you eyes and if you do get them never sleep overnight in them even if doctor says it is OK i did for several yrs a few nights at a time and know i have a lot of problems with my eyes so be careful

skeptical
Rating
It depends on the situation.

studmuffin
Rating
yea,
my doctor lied and said no, but thats only because he didnt want to go throught all the trouble explaining and teaching annd all these test and contact stuff

howardstern*sirius*channel*100
Rating
yes. you need to have a special exam by your eye doctor and they will fit you for the lenses that are best for your eyes. they will also need to be sure that you are able to clean your lenses and take care of them properly. they are a responsibility and you don't want an eye infection from having dirty hands. even if you do get them, you will need glasses as a back up, in case you lose a lens, or have an eye infection or can't wear them for some other reason. good luck.

Chris
Rating
yes... with parental approval

Shony07
Rating
Yes they can

Bytchie Bear
As long as your parents consent to it and you are motivated to wear them go for it! Make sure you follow all the "rules" of wearing contacts - you only have one set of eyes so don't abuse them.

Perhaps talk to your eyecare professional about starting out in daily lenses that you throw away after every wear. It starts you out with wearing the lenses but not worrying about cleaning them until you are ready to take on more responsibilities.

Jupiter is Fly
Rating
Anyone who is able to put their own contacts in and out can get them. After having an appointment to get your prescription, you'll go to a "fitting." At the fitting, the doctor will make sure that the contact shape fits your eye, and they will also make sure you can take them in and out by yourself.

Jose R
Rating
yes

princetongurl898
Yes i got mine last year and i was 12... =]
i reccomend acuvue...the best out there

☮BJ☮
yeah.. i got mine at 16....they feel good..but if u are in a dry room..they feel...weird

HTG09
Rating
Sure they can. They will take some getting used to though. Don't leave them in your eyes overnight! Except if you get the overnight kind lol.

Rich Z
Only with the approval of their parents or guardians, since a minor can not sign a contract themselves.

ChErrY BoMb!!
Yes they can, I got mine when I was twelve. But there are important factors like maturity and responsibility. You have to take care of your contacts and it takes a long time to get used to sticking a piece of flexible plastic on your eye. If you are getting contacts... Good Luck!!

kaitlincc
Of course. I got contacts when I was twelve, and I could barely feel them. If you're interested in getting some, talk to your parents and optometrist.

~KaitlinCC

JellyBean
Rating
Yes, but, like anyone, they must be diligent in taking care of them correctly.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy