Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is this a mental health problem, how to get help?
if a teenager tells lots of lies, very manipulative and convincing (not on drugs) has great highs and circling lows, creates horrific problems between people, doesnt keep friends for long, but tells ...

My 9 yr. old wants to kill me, stab me, what do I do? He says he hates me.?
What do I do? been to therapy, on meds, won't stop, screams in the house, takes a pen & wants to jab me w/ it, calls me names, we just got out of therapy & he says I am not going to ...

Why am I so emotional???? HELP ME PLEASE?
and no not because of my monthly deal.......why do I keep crying, why am I so emotional and up and down. I don't want to take prescription drugs, and my boyfriend says its almost like I am ...

Whats the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist?

Why do my parents ignore my pleas for help?
They must know that I self harm because it's really obvious, why do they ignore it?It only makes me do it again and again cos they keep ignoring me and I keep on telling them I'm down and ...

Is cutting your own hair when depressed considered a self-destructive act?

Additional Details
It actually doesn't look bad, but I hacked off about 6 inches. It's still below my shoulders though....

Does anyone really believe counselling helps get over depression?
I have just been diagnosed with depression and got medication and counselling, but i dont want to sit and talk with a total stranger of my problems. I dont even want to take the drugs really! does ...

Am I the only person who HATES it when people say no offence and proceed off to a rude comment?

todays comments:

My "friend": "No offence, but your family is weird..."

I was offended, and i tried to say something back but she didnt hear ...

Love and betrayel on yahoo amswers tell me what you think?
in may 2008 i met a guy on yahoo answers the category of course was in polls and surveys.then my father passed away may 22nd 2008 after my father passing away i still have grieved for him this guy ...

Whats your deepest fear ?
Be honest what is your worst fear, im not talking about those little things, im talking about the things that would hurt you for the rest of your life... what do you deeply fear?

i fear ...

Do you think im nuts?
im 22, self harmer of 6+years. I'd say for my age quite a heavy drinker! At the moment apart from the occasional pet sitting job im unemployed, i spend most of the 24 hours sleeping and when im ...

Why do people get cancer when they dont smoke?

Right now I feel crappy...What to do?
It is not for any particular reason, I just feel crappy. I know I am not always a nice person, I don't want to be this way but it just seems to happen. What can i do to cheer myself up? I was ...

Has anybody ever seen a Vampire?

Why do people give such mean answers?
Especially in the mental health section. Mental health is not a joke.
Additional Details
Well I read answers and questions about people offing themselves. I recently asked a question ...

What is the easiest way to remembering the things?
Day today things are forgetting often and unwanted things are in our memory with out forget. How to overcome this habit? is there any procedure to practice?...

If you could ahve a tattoo where would you have it?

How can a human stop thinking about death and suicide everyday?
How to avoid thinking that way, what to do,...

I'm so happy I need bringing down, can you depress me otherwise I'll burst?
I can't even talk about it because it will make me even happier.
Additional Details
Thank you everyone.
P...

What if you're so tired and exhausted and want it all to stop!? Isn't this an acceptable reason for suicide?

Pratap H
Why do people commit suicide .Are they not afraid of death?
What can be the reasons that they are not even afraid to finish their life .

mysteryperson
Rating
Not necessarily. Sometimes they are afraid of death but death seems to be the only option to get rid of the pain there going through. Either emotionally or physically.

White lighting
Rating
If it's really a wish to die, (rather than a bid for attention) which is usually the exception rather than the rule, it's not that they don't fear death... it's that they don't want to live with the mental anguish any more. It hurts too much.

chiara c
Rating
people commit suicide because they are afraid of life. . .

poppy1
Hi Have Look, The are confused and unbalance and they think the whole world is out to get them. Even rape Vitim's have try to commit suicide. Their not in the right state of mind when this happens.
A Friend.
poppy1

Scooter
I've seen people who were just worn out, they had had enough, they were tired, the glass was empty, will power was gone. There was no light at the end of the tunnel. There are so many reasons for this mind set that we couldn't even begin to list them all. It's all very sad and painful.

Most people fear a painful death or a long drawn out period where they are incapable of caring for themselves. Loosing the senses, not even knowing your own family. They fear the embarrassment and humiliation of someone having to physically care for them. None of us want that. Death itself seems easy in comparison!

There are people who just get angry and try to end it all, a kind of pay back not to themselves but to others. I witnessed that once. It was very dramatic, but that what the effect they wanted it have on everyone. It is what I consider a bad death.

I have empathy for these people the families and friends who try to cure them or supply whatever they think these people are lacking or need to make life worthwhile and fail. They are the ones who ultimately suffer from this kind of death.

I try desperately not to judge when it comes to this kind of thing as we on the outside never have all the information. We just don't know how they truly feel or what the reasons are. I have to respect life, and I have to respect death. It is somewhere we are all going like it or not.

wizard of the East
Rating
They are not afraid of death, they flirt with death, they are more afraid of life.

liddle_angel
Feelings of hopelessness, worthlessness, nothing to live for, and don't deserve to live...despondent...lonely, and nothing to live for...

Tenzin Tsenpey
people commit suicide due to frustration of their own life.. If persone is stubborn then he or she will think that it is better to die than living with a trouble because he or she think that if they do suicide then they don't need to stay in this world coz people didn't saw life after death.. In buddhism suicide is very big sin coz we get a precious human life with very difficult.

Panchal J
An individual commits suicide only when the benefits of death out weigh that of life. This happens to the people who have faulted value system.If only it was driven hard in his mind that life is priceless, not withstanding the gravity of difficulties of life, nobody would ever commit suicide. The tolerance limit is also required to be enhanced.

flashyleo25
Rating
I guess they are just at their wits end and nothing else seems to work. Some even feel like the world would be better off without them

Will
Rating
I believe people who commit suicide are in tremendous pain. One man in his early 50's was laid off and his boss betrayed him and said:"Yeah but this is business" and had never warned him. This man got suicidal because he thought he couldn't deal with it. They may also be dealing with something deadly like depression and are not viewing reality properly or their ability to cope with it. One this site so many people post they feel suicidal and say things encouraging them to get help. Please share this site below with someone, someday.

VEDHARAMAN V
Rating
Have you heard of a person who was about to commit suicide by hanging . stopped his act when he was threatened with a revolver to stop the act and step down from the stool. Reasons stated here as answer have something in common. May be extreme level of self pity.

Nobody in this world is free of problems/issues - may be one step ahead or down here and there. Those people still continue to live in the hope that their problems will be resolved. So problems are not new but the persons facing it is new.

InkyCherry
Rating
they are more afraid of living life feeling that way, its hard to imagine you will ever feel better and the thought of all the pain stopping rids you of any fear.

Jane S
they figure that death can't be worse than all the pain and suffering they are currently experiencing and want to end it once and for all, so they cut off the line...

jlenal
Rating
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. People who consider it or do it are severly depressed and desperate people who see no other way to end their mental suffering. It is the ultimate expression of selfishness. Most suicidees leave a note telling off people that they think have wronged them. I think Its like the ultimate tantrum.
However I believe if a person is terminally ill they should have the choice to end their own suffering.

Diamond-Diva32
Rating
I wish I had an answer for you. I guess they beliieve they have nothing to live for. It's already sad enough we all have to die one day. Why would you want rush death, I believe in life after death and there is a heaven, and a hell. We will be judge when we die. Killing yourself is a sin...........Life is wonderful people should just be happy God let them see another day. Suicide is never the answer.

baba
Rating
It is done in a spur of moment and due to depression ,nervousness and feeling insulted . Low esteem oneself is also reason. There is no quesation of fear as there is determination.

KELJO
Maybe they think that they cannot really accomplish the job.

As far as a reason why, well we living people would never know because we have never felt as bad as the one who commited suicide to go ahead and committ suicide upon ourselves. Maybe they think they will get more attention dead than alive or maybe they are just so hurt that they see no other way out. I know a guy who killed himself and I was utterly SHOCKED!!! NEVER in a million years would I think he would do that!! Just let people know that they are worthy while they are here. You never know when you can save a life!!

kate M
Because the pain they have inside is more than any afraid of death.
Simple like that.

byee77777
I had second thoughts on answering this question. I've been hospitalized after a failed suicide attempt. While in the hospital I met others who considered suicide. People have different reasons. Some just wanted attention and others who really didn't want this life anymore. But, there were lots of people inbetween. As for me, I was one of the "didn't want this anymore. I've suffered in pain for along time and I'm not scared to die. I'm not sad, just tired. I can't speak for everyone, but it is just time to leave the suffering behind.

GG
Rating
I am dealing with depression. I feel it is harder to keep living than dying some days. I'm still hanging in there.

bravofan71
They can be clinically depressed,mentally sick,or lost a loved one. The mind snaps,and the person is determined to end his or her life. Depression is a common reason for suicides.

Lalla
In acute depression you do not know what you are doing, you can kill yourself or somebody else.The California Risk Estimator of suicide scale can asses the depression level and well in advance to indicate suicidal tendencies

Jen22
Rating
I think people do this because something in their lives seems like it is impossible to overcome so they take an easy route out...just ending it. They psych themselves into thinking it's so much easier to end it all but they really don't think how much affect it has on their lives adn the people involved. So sad.
My dad' s brother killed himself after doing drugs and stealing for quite sometime. He came home that night and beat up my dad who was way too young at the time and couldn't stand up for himself. The next morning they found my uncle. I never got to meet him.Very sad and it is truly a permanent solution for a temporary problem.

obmarie r
Maybe its just that they are so depresed that the depresion blocks them out and well they kill themselves. I think its stupid or at least really frustrating to know that people commit suicide, Why, because the person tha commits suicide is frustaed because of depression, peer presure,and other thing that happened and it hurts them too much.

toptotty37
Each one has a different reason. Usually it's because things have got so bad and difficult to cope with they think the best thing for themselves and those around them would be to end their lives. I personally feel the way in which a person chooses to end their lives determines the mental state of a person. For eg. if someone is afraid to let go they may take an overdose of pills and gradually slip away. That is my view.

Makemeaspark
They have become so involved with their emotional pain that they cannot think through things like consequences.

thegirlwantstoknow
They're maybe either not afraid of death, or their suffering is so great, that death doesn't seem bad in comparison.

lovely
I'm not afraid of death, everyone dies, I just dont see any reason to live its too painful, the only downside is that I think of all the people that I care about hurting because of what I did. but I'm at the point where I feel like I have to now think of me. It sounds selfish and it is but in a way its selfish as well to want someone to continue there pain so that you dont have to feel it yourself.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy