Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What is the best way of dealing with stress?
finding it really hard concentrating because i have just started a new job - things are really getting to me - read about fasting and meditation - anyone have any ideas ??...

What is wrong with me? I cant stop crying...?
I have felt depressed / 'down' for 6 years, ever since i got into a bad relationship with a 'bad boy' when i was 16. He used to threaten me, push me around, he almost raped me..<...

What is the secret to letting go and really being calm?

Do you ever feel like just breaking down and crying?
Do you ever just want to cry? Is there a reason or do you just feel that way? Sometimes I just feel like i need to, but i cant. I want to sometimes when im alone because sometimes i think it would ...

What's suicide?
Hi,guys!Does anybody knows what's suicide?If you have any information or links for that topic please sand me.Thanks!!!...

POLL: How do you deal with stress in your life ?
Thank you....

Does my wife suffer from some kind of mental affliction?
Long story short. happy loving couple get married. All is well. 6 years later after 2 beutiful kids wife starts to change. Becomes less loving and affectionate. Surrounded by loving husband, parents, ...

OK, I admit it: I'm bored. Bored with life. Bored of being alone and bored of being broke.?
I'm a loner, but I've always been able to keep myself occupied/distracted, with music, books, films, and recently, keeping fit. These days I'm feeling restless in the evening, less ...

Has anyone ever quit smoking weed? has your life changed for the better?
Sometimes I think smoking weed has made me kinda lazy....

I think i need professional help for depression, but im to scared to tell anyone?
Well. im to scared to even tell my friends, boyfriend, sister, or parents. i don't know why... :( i cut myself sometimes but then i hide them. (thinking someone will notice and talk to me but ...

What is this called? HELP!!!?
Sometimes I feel like I want to die and I feel worthless. Some days I feel just fine. On the days I feel horrible its really bad. I've been on anti depressants and anxiety meds. What's ...

HELP! AH! SUICIDeE????
ok. thank you for trying to help me.
Well I am a middle school student. I have alot going on in my life.
My mom had cancer.
My brother insults me on a 24/7 hour basis.
At school ...

What should you do after youve done everything in life?
and you have no family N when you try to help everyone to make good of your life but people think your wacko N dont like you?...

What is a good way to get over being crabby?
I just woke up feeling a little crabby this am. I took a muscle relaxer last night and I have cramps. I have A LOT to do this morning so I need to get going.
Additional Details
I am ...

What do you do when You just cant stand life no more?
what do you do when your so fed up, stuck in a rut, your life is falling apart, and all that keeps you going is ...

How can I stop my suicidal thoughts?
I'm trying to be happy, but lately i've been really sad

Help!!
Additional Details
I'm 17 and i think i have HIV(i'm too scared to get tested) and this is ...

Do you think I should get a job even though I suffer from depression, anxiety, and am morbidly obese?
I am 5'5" and 316 lbs and am losing weight, finally. You see, my hub works 2 jobs and it's hard just keeping the house clean cuz I get so obsessed over everything. I was on here a few ...

What is a good book filled with drama....like drugs..alcohol.?
i need a good book that i can stick with! will someone please help me with this!...

I feel life isnt worth living?

What cheers you up when your feeling low?

Sparrow
Do you think im nuts?
im 22, self harmer of 6+years. I'd say for my age quite a heavy drinker! At the moment apart from the occasional pet sitting job im unemployed, i spend most of the 24 hours sleeping and when im not doing that im drinking and harming and thinking of ways out of life. any1 got a free bullit! sorry sorry thank u

PeachPie
Rating
I think you need to calm down and go outside.

Theresa S
yes. get help. check your self in to a mental ward...asap

SocALbabY
ur really sick dude...as cliche as it may sound-go find something to fill the empty place in your heart other than alcohal and self harm...find a bf or some friends 2 kick it with and stop thinking about ending your life...for me im still debating whether or not to fall into religion.. (my choice christianity) but its letting go of evrything we THINK is working for us thats the hard part...i mean seriously- what happens after the alcohal wears off?? ur back to reality...what happens when u self harm?? u damage urself...jus let go of evrything that u know is wrong but u think is working and find another way out.

happydawg
Rating
Yep, you definitely have issues. So why dont you just get up in the morning, start looking for a job so you have something else to do other than drink.
Go out to a nursing home and keep some elderly person company.
Go to the local homeless shelter and offer to do something for them.
Go to the free clinic or the local hospital and offer to volunteer.
Get a life!!! You are wasting yours in self pity.

StEvEN`Z AlwAYz<3
Rating
yes. you need counseling.

hapigrl85
Go to your happy place and then stay there! Problem solved!!

marie s
hey, no i dont think your nuts at all, i was self harming from the age of 14 until i was about 23, and drinking heavily, i thought life was ****, and i didnt care about anything, i finally realised i wanted help when i took an overdose and nearly died, i saw what i was doing to myself, and my family and friends and decided enough was enough, so i seeked help. i realised theres so much in life worth living for, and turned things around.
Its not easy, but with support you can get over this, and start to see that life is worth living
there must be things you want to do, pursue hobbies and interests and make something of yourself
id say u sleep so much coz u are depressed, and u drink to blot out reality, so sort out the underlying problem and take each day as it comes
please dont give up, realise life is good, and so worth living to the full
good luck :)

angie.ackerman
I don't think you're nuts, I just think you may need someone to talk to (I know, that's so cliche, but it usually helps). I don't know your background or anything, so I can't say much else except, life ain't always easy, and some people deal with it better than others. Whatever got you to the point you're at now, you should try to come to terms with. Good luck to you, hope this helps.

rann_georgia
You're not nuts, you're a girl! Maybe if that made you smile you can smile at other things and break out of the habits that are holding you down.

Have a good imagination. Imagine the person you want to be and play it out. Before you know it, you won't be playing anymore and will be the person you want to be.

mankoandbutterflies
I think anybody that abuses their body in any physical way like that needs help. You're young and you shouldn't subject yourself to an environment like this.. It could really hurt you in the long-run.. I don't think you're "nuts" but you should get help. Start with a walk-in clinic.

vatot7
Rating
You ahve a addiction
Try AAA

booboo
peronsonally you have to much time on your hands, if you where working, your attitude towards yourself will be much more different.
yes, i do think your nutz,
why
here's my reasons...... ok now.......
your not working
your drinking, and i dont know how you can afford to drink if you have no income
you harm yourself coz you have yourself convinced your a total wreck
you sleep all day
you think of ways out of life, so there for you run from your problems and you run so you cant face them, and thats by drinking and harming yourself
and i have no clue what you ment for your ending statement, is that word bullet, coz if it is you spelled it wrong, sorry for pointling that out.
i believe that its time for you to grow up a bit um dont you?
get over yourself, get your lazy a** out of bed, get some resumes ready and go job huntin. please dont make yourself a burdon apon others ok, im not trying to be ignorrent, nor arrogent but it the facts and honesty.
your 22 years old, im 20 and a apprentice mechanic you need to get your boot straps up and tight

good luck

Heavenly20
Rating
I answered your other question aswell.The thing you have to remember is that your ill and like me the illness grabs hold of you,im the same i've self harmed in the past,ended up in a near coma through drink,attempted suicide,sleep all day up all night,and only have an hours cleaning job at night.I dont have any friends or life outside the home.I know deep down though that im ill and pcychiatrists have all said to me that im intelligent enough to realise,you are also as your aware of what your feeling and doing.Dont lose hope because im still clinging on to it despite beeing like this for the past 7yrs,there has to be a way out of it all!!! Im 20 so im a simlar age to you and know what your going through.Good luck.

Curious
Rating
I dont think your crazy. Ive been SI-ing for about 7 years now, by how much you sleep and daily functions i'd say your highly depressed. I think that maybe you use drinking and self injury as a way to escape. Im going to go out on a limb and say your like me and like to cut yourself to show how you feel instead of crying. But yeah, id say you need to go and get some counseling because it may help, and dont just settle for the first one. Find someone who specializes in self injury and one that you are comfortable talking to and who possibly can relate to you on a more personal level. I honestly wish you the best of luck, and hope you get through this and god give you the strength to overcome.

Honeyface
Rating
I do not think you're nuts. I think you need direction. Think about where you want to be in ten years, five years, one year, next month, then tomorrow. Set some goals. You might get motivated to get out if you volunteered some time at the local animal shelter or some other place where you will be appreciated. Build some dreams and some self confidence. Think about the good things you can do with your life. Then do them.

amri
Rating
i think you need a lot of help....you obviously know what you are doing isn't normal.....a crazy person never asks if they are crazy.......get the help you need....x

Skottiaa
Rating
My Bf, his best friend and i am all going through this problem. you are just without somrthing that makes you happy enough to continue liiving a sober life, like occasional drinking is fine, but all the time every day is getting bad. Depending on how dependant you are you can stop your self and serch for what you need, or go to AA (the religious based quitting problem) or RR (the non-religious based quitting problem.
Every one hits a spout of depression at one time, but if it is real depression you should concider Effexor XR i was on it for a while and the side effects of going on them arnt as bad as the other ones, just if you miss a pill you will go psyco if you dont control your self well. But make sure you dont Have Bi-polar disorder cuse the pills can bring it out and make you ahve Manic attacks (crazy spouts of anger or sadness)
good luck, and dont worry there is supporrt all around you you just have to be oppen about what is going on

alexareed10
Rating
Yep. Get help NOW.

Rangers Fan ♥ Chevelle
Rating
You need a counselour. Don't ever give up.

gordooo2
go get some kind of help NOW not later

kitty
Rating
YOU NEED TO GET SOME HELP BEFORE YOU REALLY DO SOMETHING YOU SOUND DEPRESSED AND PLS GO TO THE DR AND GET SOME PILLS TO HELP YOU STOP DRINKING IT'S NOT HELPING YOU ALL YOU NEED IS A JOB THAT WILL HELP YOU ALOT IN GETTING YOU LIFE BACK ON TRACK BUT YOU NEED TO LOOK FOR A JOB TO GET A JOB GOOD LUCK I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER JOBS ARE HARD TO FIND BUT IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR WHAT DO YOU WANT OUT OF LIFE? REACH FOR THAT BRASS RING SKY'S THE LIMIT GO FOR IT

leslie
Oh, sweetheart, you really need to see a therapist. I know it's hard to say, "I give". Lay your problems into someone's lap, Darlin', find a therapist. You sound like you're depressed, don't feel guilty about that, you may have a chemical imbalance or your life's situation is overwhelming.

Do you have insurance, do you have someone who supports you financially that can pay for a therapist, are you indigent (no money, no insurance). Give use more information so we can help you. There is government aid available for you to find help. You are not, you are not alone. Don't apologize for being distressed, Sweetheart. There is help available. Tell us more about your situation, post additional details. Believe me, so many people care about you. Feel free to e-mail me for support, bless your sweet heart. Don't give up, so many people are willing to help you. You're young and full of life, don't even think about the alternative, Honey...life will give back what you feel it's taken from you, believe me.

I've read some of the other answers...forget the cruel, judgmental answers, they are young and don't know about life. Please don't take the unkind answers to heart...other one's have other issues, unfortunately. I don't think they mean you any harm, they may be misguided. Please don't take the unkind answers to heart, you are not alone in your journey to find peace.

asak73
Rating
People on here need to STOP telling you to get up in the morning & stop drinking/harming - that's the first thing. That is the least useful advice they can give.

I used to self harm & be a very heavy drinker - but do neither any more. I am, however, on 3 different medications a day to deal with my 'illness', but it's a choice I made.

Now you have that same choice - Do I want help?

If the answer is yes, then you have made the first step - you have acknowledged that things need to change. The next step is to go to a doctor or therapist to have a chat.

If the answer is no, however, then perhaps you are nuts! ;)

And finally, suicide is NEVER the way. You have to think of your friends/family who would be left to grieve for you.

I wish you all the best.

Emilee
You're not nuts.... You're emotional health isn't great but you're not barking. i think you should see a councellor and work through things, and don't be ashamed about seeing a councillor either.
Good luck in life! xxx

Jules
Nuts - No
Depressed - Definitely

The first step is realising you have a problem and that you need help......... you've just done that, so well done!

Already lots of good advice given, I'd like to carry on from where MaryAnn left off.......

Mind are a national mental health charity and offer easy to read information on the website:

Self Harm
http://www.mind.org.uk/Information/Booklets/Understanding/Understanding+self-harm.htm

Depression
http://www.mind.org.uk/Information/Booklets/Understanding/Understanding+depression

Bi-polar disorder
http://www.mind.org.uk/Information/Booklets/Understanding/Understanding+manic+depression.htm

Suicide
http://www.mind.org.uk/Information/Booklets/How+to/How+to+help+someone+who+is+suicidal.htm

Reading some of this information may help you to understand some of what you are going through.

Use this link

http://www.mind.org.uk/Mind+in+your+area/

to see if there is a local Mind association near to you that you can access.

They offer informal support that is easy to access, it only takes a phone call, and you don't have to wait ages for an appointment.

They will also have information on local groups that will be able to offer help and support to look at your heavy drinking, and should be able to help you access that.

It would be a good idea to make an appointment to see your GP, go and explain what is happening in your life, and the way you are trying to cope with it. Believe me lots of people try to self medicate using alcohol, sleeping for a lot of the time, self harming and suicidal thoughts are all symptoms of an underlying depressive type illness.

Please get yourself some help and support. You need and deserve to have help and treatment.

It is possible to find a way out of this situation, and help is available, if you know where to look for it.

Take care and go and begin to help yourself.

justr
Rating
You seem fairly coherent... so no, not nuts. In need of a lot of help- yes. How are you able to sustain yourself being unemployed? You must have some support network around you. Are you in school? Living with your parents? If so... you must try to see that that at least is a positive you can build on. We all have the power to influence our future... remember that! Try harder to set yourself up for success! It's hard trying to cut out the drinking... hard to try to get a job. Hard to be patient with where you are in life as you try to change... but in the end, these the things you need to do. That is, in effect, the "hard" lessons of growing up.

MaryAnn L
Rating
i can hear in your message that you are a fighter and a joker you going to make it dude and im going to give you some positive advice that you can work on.
self injury is a coping mechanism, a way of staying alive when faced with severe psychological distress, almost a step away from suicide,if you really want to help yourself and you can here is some information that you can use to your advantage.support and understanding is given from these people .
national self harm network...www.nshn.co.uk

samaritines 24hr helpline 08457909090
jo@samaritines.org

mindinfoline...68457660163
www.mind.org.uk

i looked on the internet for these for you i hope you try them please make the effort, if you need to talk dont hesitate to give me an e-mail i am more than willing to listen. good luck huny lotsa lu ma xxxx

alissandrya
Not nuts, but likely have clinical depression. This is a treatable condition and I would suggest you get some help. Every community has a local mental health center that can either assist you or help get you linked with help.

Dont waste another day feeling like this- there is help out there and people who will be there to help you through it.

Lt Columbo
Rating
What's the weirdest pet you've ever sat?

lindajune
Nuts? No way, if you were nuts you'd think all this is normal.
But alcohol, self-destructive behaviour, and unemployed and not doing anything about it are signs that you need help.
Nothing anyone here can tell you that will help, you need to find professional help to deal with this.
At 22, you have 50 years or more of useful, interesting, and pleasurable life ahead of you if you choose.

sky walker
you may be bipolar

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy