Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is anorexia the right thing?
I weigh 150 and im 5'7 and i kinda stopped eating 1 week ago... i still eat just like not much at all. i've tryed eating healthy and excersizing but its not working! so i wanna know if ...

No hope left.. What do I do now?
At 13 yrs old, these problems are probably nothing compared to what's out in the "real world", but the stress and pain keep piling up and I don't think I can handle this much ...

Right now i want to die?
i hate myself and i hate my life...i don't know how i'm going to face another day but i know deep down i don't really want to end it....how do other people cope with feeling lke this ...

Hi this is really weird question bare with me?
as any 1 gone to bed and there not a sleep but are and cant open there eyes and skakeing and sweating??? feels like you have been thown around the room ive noticed that it only happens if had sugary ...

What would happen if two bipolar people had children?
What are the odds?
Additional Details
My son is bipolar with manic tendencies. While he was institutionalized, he met a really nice ...

Please help me 10 points, whats wrong with me!?
okay, i am so self concious i think it's scary.
im in a store and i buy something really really nice, i take it home and always find something thats horrible about my self and never wear it....

I am angry all the time. What can help?
Every thought is angry. Everything my wife and kids do seems to anger me. I want the anger to stop. I honestly feel like I am ready to explode. Will taking medicine help?...

What's your best excuse for your cuts?
If someone sees your cuts, what do you say? Like, my current cover story (which is kind of lame) is that I was sitting in chem and I broke some glass (this part is true), and then I got curious to ...

How Can I Get Myself To Get Out Of Bed?
Okay, EVERY night I tell myself, ''I'm getting up earlier tomorrow'' And I'll go to bed ''early'' (12:30) and then STILL get up at 1 in the afternoon ...

Is it wrong to hit mentally challenged children?

Suicidal thoughts...?
the past few days I have been insanely depressed. I usually cry before I go to sleep and usually for no reason. I just keep focusing on the bad parts of everything. This has happened a lot when I was ...

I don't known what to do...?
My friend is in the hospital for cutting himself and it's all my fault. He has a history of doing things like this. I stopped him from doing it before but I couldn't stop him this time and ...

Will every one who belives pray for me?
depressed and running ...

When i pee its always really dark in coulour and has a strong odour .help?

How many Americans are born dumb?

Aside from the armpit,what other body parts do we use the thermometer in finding the temperature of our body p

How do I know that this is real? I could ask a question and its just a super computer answering me?
Prove to me that you are real before I go into a paranoid haze of destruction around the local ...

What makes you mad?

What do you do to shake off unpleasant thoughts?
I've been thinking about a situation that I cannot change and the thoughts are just going round and round my head making me feel sad.

As it's not anything that I can change, or ...

Wtf??????????
why are people so rude and bothered by people with body piercings..i have them i just want opions on why people are against them and bothered??..if you were a parent would you let your kids do this?.....

daisyfacelol
Do i have a drug problem?
I really can't tell if this is a problem.
But at the moment things are rubbish, my relationships with friends are getting worse and all i can do is cry, i just feel depressed.
When ever i go out (3 -5) times a week i drink a hell of a lot and do a lot of different drugs (e.g ket, pills), i can't have much fun without drinking or other stuff.
And now I'm sober at home with nothing to do and it's rubbish.......

Additional Details
Well, i don't mind being sober so its not as simple as "yes" i do have a problem.
what are you supposed to do in this situation, going on yahoo answers i guess ;)

mimi
Rating
Alcohol is horrible for depression and your substance abuse is ruining your brain. Quit while you are behind and become addicted to volunteering or something useful... for your own good. Get ahead of it. Good luck!

baby gyal <3
no i dnt blame u i would do tht too if my friendz relationship got worse too =[

TOUCH THE BELLY, LOSE A HAND
Rating
Well, you kind of sound like I did about a year and a half ago. I had a drug problem and I knew I did when all that started to matter to me was the drug I was addicted too. I mean sure, other things mattered to me too but the differance was that I couldn't do those things without needing to get high first. The more depressed I felt, the more I wanted to do the drug. I also minded being sober. I didn't want to be sober.

It still sounds like you have a problem although it sounds like there is still room to get worse. Just get help now. Check into a clinic just to talk about things that I driving you to cry and be depressed. Good luck

*k* Ønε
Rating
obviously, yes. u need to obviously get help.

carlina_rairden
Rating
well, yes you do but, there's help out there you just got to want the help before it will do any good trust me i've been down that road with my dad before i know what's it like. but if you step up and realize that you have a problem, that's your first step. then go find the help at any rehab place there everywhere just look. but if you don't think that you got a problem then the treatment ain't going to do you no go. cause as soon as you get out your going to go right back where you was at doing the stuff all over again. and you be ding all that work for nothing. but just step up and go get the help. trust me you're feel a whole lot better after you get out. you're feel like a new person.

Rae
as much as it hurts to hear the truth----> yeah u do have a drug problem... But i can relate.. i smoke a blunt everyday.. life is stressful!! it calms my nerves and help me get by... i look at it like this.. you control the drug.. don't let the drug control you!! if you feel you can't function at all with out it.. and all your doing is taking drugs, and drinking and not doing nothing constructive with your life at all.. get help!! but if your making it, your good money!!

Ken U
Rating
I would perhaps say that you do not have a drug problem. The only thing is that since you are going through a tough time you think that the only way you can have fun is by being intoxicated. This FEELS like fun since all your problems are forgotten while you are intoxicated.
I would suggest that instead of going to places where you have drugs and alcohol easily available, you should perhaps take a walk in the park, maybe go to some kind of museum, somewhere you will not have the option of diving into drugs to alleviate the pain you are feeling.
Perhaps the best way to feel better, and not so depressed, is to speak to someone - anyone - that will just lend an ear- this will leighten the burden of the time you're going through.

I hope you feel better!

James' Girl x
Rating
the start of a drug problem i'd think, yes. which is probably making things seem worse than they are, but i do sympathize, i know what its like to be there, you need to get help now before you dig yourself in deeper and its impossible to get out, good luck! *hugs*

Steve R
Rating
Yes, you have a problem. Consider seeing a counsellor, sometimes just talking about all your problems help.
Good luck to you

squirrely
You have a problem with depression.
You are hurting, bad, so you try to mask the pain with drugs/alcohol.
So, I would say treat the underlying reason that you go out and drink and take drugs for, which I would guess as being depression.
Try seeing a psychologist.

charm_662000
ya you have a problem go see a support group to help or talk to some of you friends and see if they cuold look past what you may have done and help you. That's what friends are for, they are a support group.

Leslie C
Rating
YES! You are addicted. It takes 21 days to develop or kick a habit. Choose life! God Loves you. You can't be what he created you to be addicted to drugs and alcohol.

God bless you

Rating
yes you have a problem but just think a lot of us have had problems like that but overcame them and now we are drug free. so you can do with out them like we have ( for those of us who have used drugs). .

onesmaartlady
Rating
You have a LIFE problem and a Drug and alcohol problem. You need to seek professional counseling, and get your life together.

Being sober is wonderful, when you get your head out of the shadows. If your life is " rubbish" , recycle it. Everyone's junk is someone's treasure.

dave25357
Rating
I had a similar experience, but i always wanted to play the violin. I bought a used violin, and found a cheap tutor. I spent hours leaning, and palyed my *** off. It really helped me to get my mind off of things, and gave me something to focus on. You cant drink and practice, because it requires a lot of concentration at first.

pbintoau
Rating
Daisy,
I think you may be depressed and the depression is leading you to use. Everyone I have ever known uses drugs to escape/cope. You might think it is just fun, but regular people don't take ketamine for fun. People who use downers usually have real anxiety issues and self medicate. They find people are easier to get along with and social situations become easier when they are high.
You can't just stop without help. Is there anyone you can turn to? If not, check your phone book for NA-Narcotics Anonymous- and go to a meeting.
Good Luck

Adaxx
Rating
you got a biggggggggggggg problem

supernovam13
Yep stay off the ketamin, those pills and all that sh*t will age you - when you reach 25, you will look 40. When (and if) you reach 40 you will look like a pensioner!

Hamster
Rating
Talk to a professional councilor or psychiatrist immediately. It's better to work on fixing things now before they get worse or engrained into your habits.

Also tell any close friends you have left and family for help.

shubhi!
I'm sorry to say but i think you are! Not many people take that much drinks, pills e.t.c!!

Digging for answers
The fact that you have to ask if you have a problem is evidence that there is a problem. Testament to this is the statement that you are losing relationships with friends and you are suffering from depression to which you respond by abusing alcohol and drugs.

The issue of having nothing to do is something only you can resolve. Escaping negative feelings is possible without drugs and alcohol. You may thrive on the temporary relief while using them but that escape is self deprecating and will destroy you if you dont destroy yourself.

At least you are reaching out for help. This is good. Dont give up. Stay sober and find activities that make you happy. I personally enjoy paintball :-) Its a great stress reliever, is physically demanding and I meet lots of great people. My wife enjoys embroidery, my son plays paintball with me and has started his own lawn care business. Make yourself busy. Find creative outlets. Satisfy the need within you to express yourself in a positive manner. Above all else know that you are strong enough to overcome anything that life throws at you.

greywolf_222
I would say so.

~loose lips~
Rating
yup!

kissable lovable unbelievable!!!
Rating
ya, u do

Searching
Rating
yeah you have a drug problem

bamf260
Rating
Go talk to a doctor about getting off the drugs. Regardless if you perceive it as a problem or not, it's not helping you to keep drinking and popping pills.

tinars02
Maybe. Sounds more like depression to me though. I would talk to a professional about it before it gets out of hand.

dani
Rating
If you feel all that can make you better is drugs and alcohol.
then yes, i would have to say you have a problem!
.. but if its just an occational thing, no you dont.
.. .. and drugs is bad for you.

DONT DO DRUGS

ricesoul
ur on yahoo answers instead of doing drugs :D thats a start

Seamus K
Yes you do

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy