Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is picking your nose bad?

Do you feeel good after a good workout??
i do!...

I just want to be THIN!?
i am having the hardest time staying motivated to lose weight. i work out religiously, although it probably helps just keep me at the weight i am am and keeps my heart healthy above anything else. <...

I weigh 92 pounds and I am 12 is that o.k.???
Is that o.k....

Is it okay if I don't eat?
every other day. I exerisce and eat healthy, but its not coming off....

Is this considered over wieght?
a female who is 13 and is 5 feet 7 inches ways 150 pounds.
is she over weight?...

Am i FAT?!?
5ft 4in

130-133 ...

At 12 years of age at "5.4" is 108 pounds normal?
Is that overweight?...

How do u get rid of constipation?!?

How tall are you?
im 5"7. u?...

Curvy or skinny?
I am a uk size 12 and sometimes feel quite big especially compared to other girls is it too big?...

Am i overweight?
ok i am 13 and i weigh 115-117 pounds..am i overweight?
Additional Details
i am 5'4 ft ...

If someone called you fat would you?
a) Get there as* in a bear trap
b) Donate to charity
c) Go eat your troubles away
d) O...

I'm so hungry right now... should I binge and vomit or take laxatives?
i want cheeseburgers, 10 of them and french fries!...

How much weight do you lose if you don't eat for a few days.?
And the only think you did is drink water?!
Additional Details
I understand i'd gain it back, but would if i started to eat ...

Is moldy bread OK to eat?

If someone is desprately trying to lose weight, do you think they should turn to anorexia?

Am I Overweight? Just Curious?
Hi, this is Emma on my cousin's yahoo.

I am 13 years old, weigh 142. I am 5'6.

Am I overweight, just curious. and a little self-concious.

Thanks =]
A...

Can i lose 10 pounds in one month and a half?
Hi, im 14 and i do 8 miles every day but not in a row.
I eat wright too.
Im over weight and i need to lose at least 10 pounds or more.
Is it possible for me to loos that much weight ...

I diet coke bad for you??
is diet coke bad for u and does it really slow down ur metabolism? like i am a 13 year old dancer and i weigh 106 pounds. so would it really be bad for me to drink it if it does?...

††HeAvEn_hELp_Us††
Will sit ups help me get a flat stomach?
every night i usually do about 5 sets of 100 sit ups. do you think this will help me lose weight or have a flat stomach?
Additional Details
i am also on a diet. i've been eating salads, fruits, etc.
eating isnt really my probelm right now. its finding alternative ways in how to lose weight.

Moze Lee
Sorry, but doing just sit ups is not going to get you the flat stomach you desire. Do some running, or better yet swim a dew laps. Swimming exercises every muscle in your body! Plus, how can you go wrong with a full body workout without having to sweat?

In the mean time, while your at work, school, the store, or just sitting at home, flex your ab muscles repeatedly and just work them!

grabsack
Rating
Low-fat diet.

yogi8
Rating
you gotta do other things in addition like exercising, not eating in between meals, avoiding fatty foods & not stressing yourself

Crγstαl♥ (Anti-Pathetic)
Rating
yup...also run too

debs
Yes....will help the stomach and back. To lose weight in other areas, you will have to add other exercises, for the whole body.

Jesus_lover
Rating
yes, situps will help, but you have to balance out your body. like you might have a really flat stomach, but huge legs!!! who would want that?!?! so you should go to the gym and do a bunch of the machines. or you could try this book "Toning for Teens" i did it for a little while, and it really worked for me!!! it works all parts of your body so you can be well proportioned.

Colette
It's a start. But also don't forget to eat healthy, drink lots of water and jogging or running for 30 mins. You will see results fast. But it takes about 3-4 weeks to finally start seeing results but you'll feel great in the end. Plus it'll help clear up your skin if you have acne and stuff on you. It really does =]

fbklepper
Rating
Yes. Burn more than you take in.

sara overrated.
you can't keep doing that.
you need to had some weights
also to hit differnt parts of your abs you need to do more than just sit ups.
you can do all kinds things.
plus u need to eat healtheir and drink lots of water

mrscamillabrightside
situps won't do anything without a proper diet. it will be like treading water (you're still in the pool, making movements but that's not exactly swimming) get it? it's counterproductive. do crunches, reverse crunches, and get your diet on track. then you will see some results.

Spiffs C.O.
A combination of cardiovascular exercise, diet and musle toning will help you get a flat stomach. With only one of these, its self defeating.

In other words you can do as many sit ups as you like, but if you eat like a piggy, not much is gonna happen, other than you possible gaining more weight.

My 2 cents.

Spiffs ^.^

Underground Man
Yes, except that your belly fat is over the muscle. So, you could develop some great muscle there, but if you're still a little pudgy, it won't make any difference.

usafairbase
it will have an effect of both.

Christine
Other answers are correct, but you can do other types of cardio besides running. Sit-ups will tone your abs, but will do nothing if your stomach isn't flat enough to see them. Cardio workouts are what make us loose the layer of fat that covers up those muscles. Try cardio kickboxing or dance inpired workouts. Denise Austin's workouts would be a great place to begin.

shirls
it can help, but if you really want to loose weight, you can't spot reduce. you have to do everything to see real results. I know people hate to hear that, but it's true, unless your willing to do something really unhealthy to get that way, like diet pills, the only way to get good results, is to do the work. cardio 3 times a week for 20 to thirty minuets with your heart rate up. then at least 2 sessions of weight trainning a week, unless your a guy i would go for 3 sessions. and then of course you must eat better, and get enough rest. continue doing the abs though, and with all these elements you will be a bomb shell before long.

T J
Rating
If your problem is fat, then you need to eat better overall, and exercise in general and burn off the fat.

If you're already pretty lean, then sure, sit ups will help tone the muscle.

Some people think you can just "spot-remove" fat from one part of the body. It doesn't work that way. You have to reduce your fat level overall. Then you can tone up muscle where you want.

Z.
If your a woman, try belly dancing. Do a great deal of walking too. I've had a rock hard stomach since I was 18 due to belly dancing, Im almost 27 in two months. The old women hate me and the old men love me.

Cassie M
Rating
yes then it will make your stomache get ripples called abs which looks even better

prncssdaph82
Rating
A good diet and sit ups will help.

A1
You should change type of sit-ups and you need cardio and strength training to do what you are looking for

Marty
Rating
I heard crunches are more effective and it's all in the method in which you do them. You can do a search on yahoo for techniques and they have many great sites that will give you advice. You can also always go to your local bookstore etc. and look at the fitness magazines they always have tips in there for ways to get a flatter stomach besides just sit ups.

Larry
Not so much. Try 8 min. abs. It's more effective.

candy
Rating
you have to get some cardio in as well and watch what you eat.

perfectvelvet
Rating
Sadly, no. If your abdomen is chubby, the only way to get rid of that is to eat less. When you do sit-ups, you're working the muscles which are underneath the fat, but until the fat naturally goes away, you won't see the muscles.

mama shannon
Rating
you cannot spot reduce. you have to do cardio, eat a good diet, and lift weights. the sit-ups will make you stronger and improve your core and balance, but you won't see results without putting in the work in the other areas also.

Uncle John
Rating
It will surely help.

Diet and balanced exercise will do the rest

blushresponse
No, sit ups or crunches hardly ever work.
it's your food diet, and running, that will work (and sports, especially!)

Rash
Rating
Sit ups on there own will not have much effect. You also need to run.

Kathy R
Rating
Nope...it will actually make your belly look bigger as you build muscle tissue. You need to get a small exercise ball and do crunches on it...you simply sit on your butt, put the ball at the small of your back, and lean back as far as you can...then slowly come back to a sitting position...make sure you keep your abs tightened as you do this. Do about 10 to 15 reps a day and you should see results in just a couple of months.

car_crash_heartx37
Rating
no

you have to eat well & also do a lot of cardio
(like running and stuff) to lose inches

lots of crunches will make your abs really strong though
and well defined (once their visisble)

aardvark
Rating
you have to run adn do sit ups

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, June 27, 2015
Terms of use - Privacy Policy