Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is this fat!!!!!!!!?
im 5'1.5" tall and i weigh 110 pounds or 109 am i fat i def think i am but am i? b4 i diet i wanna no im 13 by the way
Additional Details

How much should the average 12 year old weigh?

How much is a sensible amount of weight to lose in a week?
I want to lose a stone and a half by November the 1st? Is it possible? Is it healthy?...

10 points for best answer..please help?
Im currently staying at my boyfriends house for another week (ive been here for a month). His mother and sister have been eating my food:( Its kind of bothering me because i only eat certain type of ...

Why is anorexic/skinny considered attractive?
Why?! Why don't people love Kelly Brook's body more than those sticky girls. Haven't they seen her beautiful curves?! And she eats right too!

Why is size zero considered ...

Which is the best time of day for working out?
or does it matter? Also is it better to work out at the same time every day or does it not matter? I want to do what works ...

Do you find losing weight difficult?

What will happen if i don't eat anything for a long time?
i just started to not eating anything today but im going to do this for another month to see if i loose weight what will ...

I feel like I'm hungry, but I know I'm not?
I ate dinner about 2 hours ago. I have this pang in my stomach that feels like I'm hungry, but I know I'm not. I eat pretty well, I just get these cravings for food before I go to bed. What&...

I heard eating food at night IS NOT FATTENING??
Is this person right, or just high?? ...

I am 13 years old i am 5' 7 in. i weigh 95 lbs. is that okay?
People say that i am and look anerexic.
I am a major athlete, i play 5 sports all year round
I do eat, lately i havent been eating as much but, i usually eat A LOT.
I am tall for my ...

CHOCOLATE ADDiCT!! HELP!!?
i am addicted to chocolate and its so bad.. when i go without for like a week i start craaaavin it disgustingly and i get really hungry and nothing can satisfy the craving except chocolate... and i ...

How to lose 20 pounds quick!!???
okay...school is starting in a week for me and I want to lose weight quick because... I am not fat I just have a little belly that I need to get rid of quick!!! please help me!!!...

What is a good way to lose weight at home maybe besides excersing???
Please tell me something i can do to lose weight at home besides excersing please help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Do i sound over weight?
be honest!!!!

im 15 almost 16 and im
guys would you that
"5'4" and i weigh 134...

Am i overweight?

Best answer is 10points...please help?
i have a huge butt and i just want it to shrink
is there anything i can do to lose wieght off of it and pleasee dont answer if your gonna say "there isnt anything u can do to lose wieght ...

Is there a fun way of burning calories?

What is the best way to lose 20 pounds in about 2 months?
i would like to lose weight before school starts agian. and i would like for people to see a change in me. i have lost 35 before i weighed 175 and now im 140 and i would like to finish what i have ...

Is swimming laps a good way to loose weight?
30 mins. a day, or just about every day.
and not just swimming around. swimming laps, freestyle, breaststroke....

ninini
Its like anorexia but i dont want to lose weight, i want to be taller?
im naturally skinny, so weight is by no means an issue for me.
my obsession is with gaining height
i eat things with lots of vitamins, lots of calcium
im always stretching my legs, exercising
i might sound like the average health nut, but im feeling its starting to become an obsession
i mesure myself alot, in height
im turning 15 in one month and i just measured myself 10 minutes ago at 5'8

im just concerned if this is a problem ?
wanting to be tall

i feel like a height anorexic
Additional Details
you guys are right about how i shoudnt compare this with anorexia
the only connection i made was that anorexics "obsess" if i may say
and well i feel like im obsessing too

if you understand what i mean ?

ograynoldaz
lol anorexic doesn't mean "obsession" it means "loss of hunger"

5'8 that's a really nice height, what's wrong with that? I'm 6'1 and I hate it, I'd die for such a height like that. Honestly, I'd suggest seeing a counselor if ur height is becoming a major obsession in your life, especially since you have a great height it seems..

elizabeth l
Rating
no aneroxia is a eating disorder hun but being taller is something u just want

Im 6"3 without shoes
Rating
5"8 is tall for a girl im 6"3 and ima guy and id want to end up around 6"6 but yeah if ur a girl u dont wanna be too tall.

The White Guinea Pig
Wow this is a new one. Well any obsession is unhealthy. It appears that you attach self worth to being tall. If this carries on and isnt a phase you grow out of it could become a problem. Your height is governed entirely by your genes so supplements etc wont do anything at all. It is likely that sometime in your past as a child you observed a positive reaction to being tall from perhaps relatives or close family and this lead you to believe that a persons worth is in their height or that taller people are "better" in some way.

Girl
Rating
I'm also turning 15, but I'm 4' 11"! I would love to be as tall as you are! I would like to get taller as well, but it's not working! I haven't grown in like a year. Lol. Don't worry about it. Some guys don't like their girlfriends to be taller than them. 5' 8" is good. You're tall enough to be on the runway!

emmyedouard
Rating
I'm sorry hun but genetics are genetics you are stuck at the height your genes have given you...on the bright side u can wear heels and clothing that extends the vision line make people think you are taller. stretching will definitely help by improving your posture but it wont add inches. Dont be discouraged though a change in posture can make all the difference and give you tons of confidence that even some tall people dont have. Hope I helped

prismagirl
You should feel lucky you're that tall. Some of us don't have even that much height. No matter what you do you're only going to ever reach a certain height, so give it a rest and be a happy 5'8er =]

Erica E
Rating
well i think it's normal to want to be tall. I'm about 5'9" and i've always wanted to be tall because i was short when i was little.

i don't think it's like a huge issue because you're not hurting yourself or anything. however i don't really think there's much you can do to make yourself taller. eating healthy may help but in the end your genes determine your height so i dont' think you can have that much influence on it.

plus you're already pretty tall for 15. i would just accept what you've got and work with it :]

Juli
Rating
im 14 and 5'8 but im taller then all the guys and my best friends. You are fine the way you are.

Shamo
Rating
Omg.. Girl lol your tall especially to me. I AM 5FT!!! Be happy ight ? your taller than a lot of girls out there. Just go to the mall and look at all the short people like me, it depends on genes, calcium might help a little bit butyou wont grow that much taller and hey at least now you have strong bones :]. There are a lot of people who want to be taller, I do too sometimes. Weird thing I sometimes even want to be shorter, weird I know. Imagine how all the shorties out there feel, we want to be tall too, don't worry your not the only one. Don't quit excercising, you sound pretty healthy and your height is great :D

cooperm2435
Well I'm not try to be condisending but you are quite young and may grow some more. and being 5'8 is not small, for a girl you are quite tall

_letyxd_
why do you want to be taller?

Anne W
Rating
i am 5'8'' and i think i am tall. i mean i was the tallest in my graduating class even though it was small and i am taller than alot of girls i know.

hiamanda!
Rating
It's not a problem until you become overly obsessive. Because there are things you can do to lose weight, but no way to control your height.
And at least you're not in my situation.
I'm turning 15 next month and I'm only 4" 9'
I know that doesn't help, but there's nothign else to say really. At least you're healthy. Just don't go overboard on this, and if you start to see this as more of a problem, get help. People can get addicted to anything. It's sorta subconscious i guess.

yadah yadah yadah
Rating
y do u wna b so tall? its no fun 2 date taller guys. btw - i dnt thnk that in any way is connected with the deadly disease of anorexia. wel i guess its not a disease technically but still

Jazzi
Rating
who would want to be tall?!?!...
im 5'9'' and im like taller than this cute boy now i wish i was short
lol
:]
but anywayz. good luck

sandra_cimarron1
It's good that you are taking an interest in your health. You are still growing so don't be concerned about that and it's a better idea to measure yourself maybe every six months. At 5'8 this is a good height anyway so be proud. If you genuinely feel that you are going over the top with this issue is there someone you can talk to such as older sibling, parent or school counsellor? Try going off to do something else when you feel you should measure yourself again eg: take the dog for a walk, go visit/call a friend, tidy and change your room around, ask mum if she wants you do anything - the idea is to shift your thought process onto something else.

A Good A.Mom
Rating
I hit my tallest in 5th grade, 4'11" I'm 28 now and haven't grown since. Being 5'8" is very fortunate. I have a close friend who is 6 ft even....she has such a hard time dating! Sometimes you have to just be thankful for what you have, it may be for a good reason too!

xoxdeexox
Rating
your 15 and 5'8?
first of all girls don't stop growing (height wise) untill 21. you still have 6 years to go! by the time u stop growing ur gunna be like... 6 something or something! lol (joke!)

Rromabella
It's all genetics at this point and you're just about finished growing. Don't obsess over it, it won't change anything!

Pocket Protectorate
Rating
At your age, there's still room to grow taller...

Between graduating from High School and graduating from college, I grew an entire 2 and 1/2 inches taller...

However!

Nothing you do "in your diet" will help...

Your "tallness" will be completely determined by your "gene heritage...

But...there is some evidence that smoking and drinking and partying in general during your "growth" years can "prevent" you from getting as tall as your natural "genetic heritage" would give you had you NOT partied...so...

If you REALLY want to be as "tall" as you can be, DON'T party with substances until you graduate from college, because almost 100% of people in general, have stopped adding "tallness" growth by the time they are 25...

But "drinking milk" or whatever, will in NO WAY help you grow "taller..."

It would only help you grow "thicker" in bone structure and width...

AND...having a child, will actually permanently "widen your hips" if you have natural childbirth rather than a "Ceasarean Section," because during a women's 1st natural childbirth, your "hip bones" get permanently widened and stay that way, because pushing a child through, permanently increases the width of your hip bones, because "essentially" you have just "passed" a bowling ball through your hips...

stud muffin
Rating
is there a tall guy u wanna date or something but being to tall is messed i am 14 and 6' 2'' and i tower over every one i hate it u are perfect hight

easypeasy
Rating
you are very tall.
you DONT need to be taller.
trust me there are many disadvantages if being taller.
but honestly you are wasting your time cause there is nothing you can do to make yourself taller.

be friends with short people than you will feel like a giant cause you are really really tall.

CONVINCE YOURSELF!!!!

♥ acc.rlm ♥
Rating
i think 5'8 is a good height....

Helen Scott
5'8" is pretty tall. and if you're a chick...there's always heels.

<I>
Rating
I'm 6'4", I'll give you 2" for free. You want it from the Head end or the Feet end?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXvyWdHY3RI&feature=related

val12345
you are not short! ill be turning 15 in 2 months and am 5'5, which at least where i am is not considered short at all

shirley0y
Rating
hey girl ur very tall!!!
im turning 15 too and im only 5'2 so be happy with yourself
obsession is bad so focus on something else

Cato
Rating
take HGH supplements :-)

or...

This could be obsessive compulsive in nature...if the condition persists or becomes a threat to your health (i.e. breaking/extending your own bones) you may want to consult a psychiatrist.

Kera
Rating
height is based on your genetics. you can't stretch yourself into being taller. the only way to do it is by medical professionals. so in the mean time, get some high heels

Dan
I think 5'8 is fine, but here are some tips;

Do stretching exercises. Indulge in hyperactivities such as fast cycling and swimming to tone up the muscles. This will facilitate raising your height.

Eat diet rich in vitamins, calcium, fibers and proteins. Get your diet plan framed by a qualified dietician or nutritionist.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy