Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

What do you think when you see people who have braces?
i have to wear those 'train track' brace things, and no one seems to notice them, but im still really paranoid about everyones opinions (dont tell me 'it doesnt matter what other ...

Can coca-cola be used to help whiten the teeth due to the high acidity it has?
Researchers say that coca-cola is a good home remedy to clean the toilet and tub b/c of the high acidity content. Can it also clean the teeth? If it can clean the toilet why not whiten the teeth?...

HELP! OMGEEE I SWALLOWED TOOTH PASTE... IM I GONNA DIE??? OMGEEE What should I do???
THE TOOTH PASTE TUBE SAYS TO GET MEDICAL HELP OR CONTACT A POISON CONTROL CENTER RIGHT AWAY. I DONT WANT DIE PEOPLE. HELP HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!
Additional Details

Should i brush my teeth right now?
i really dont ...

Why do brits have poor dental hygiene?

Additional Details
So ONLY people on tv that are british have bad teeth? How did that become a stereotype if there wasnt a bit of ...

Is this supposed to happen?
WHEN I CLOSE MY MOUTH MY TOP TEETH GO OVER MY BOTTOM TEETH DO I NEED BRACES

ALSO MY TOP TEETH GO ALL THE WAY DOWN ALMOST OVER MY GUMLINE

ALSO MY 2 BOTTOM TEETH GO UP AND DOWN AND...

What brand and colour is your toothbrush?

Additional Details
Mine is pink! Forgot what brand it is thought, ...

How do get rid of bad breath?????

Be honest...how many of you DON'T brush your teeth before going to bed?

Have you had a wisdom tooth removed? Did it hurt much?

Additional Details
I'm not a big fan of blood... or pain for that matter. I get the feeling I'll have a lot of both....

Do you brush your teeth first or have breakfast first?

Are you supose to throw away your toothbrush after so many times?

How to stop braces from hurting? I just got them today?
I got braces on in the morning and they hurt like really really bad. I took some medicine but it doesn't seem to help at all. please help?...

How many times a day do you brush your teeth?

When did you last go to the Dentist?
Not happy I have 7 appointments....

My partner has really bad breath?
my partner has been suffering with bad breath he has been to the dentist and had them cleaned and brushes his teeth twice a day can anyone recommended anything as it is really ...

Do retainers hurt?
I'm getting my braces of soon and I'm getting a removable retainer on top and one gued down to the bottom. Anyway back to the question, do retainers hurt as much as braces?...

How bad to root canals hurt?
I have a dentist appointment today in about an hour and a half for a root canal. I've never had one before and I'm a bit worried. How much does it hurt? How long will it hurt? Will it hurt ...

After you use mouthwash are you suppose to wash your mouth out with water?
Also, what is the order your suppose too brush, floss, and use mouthwash??

When you wake up, should you eat before or after you brush your teeth?

(:
Does it hurt to get teeth pulled?
because i might have to get 2 teeth pulled

Jillian C
yes unless u use novacaine

alexis e
Rating
it only hurts when the tooth is not supposed to come out

Pretty_Girly101
Rating
i got 4 teeth pulled for braces a couple years back, and they numbed my mouth-that part hurt a bit, and let it sink in. Then when they pulled it out, all I felt was pressure-lots of it, not stinging pain but like when a bigger person sits on you and its very pressurous on that spot. Not bad. they drug you up and give you meds for when the numbness wears off. it hurts for like the next day and your good to go!

greenbird223
Well they numb your gums first, maybe the shot hurts. But as far as it coming out, not really

vivib
I just had two molars pulled about a month ago. Now with the painless dentistry and the newer novacaines, i did not feel a thing and had no pain whatsoever afterwards. Also, the dentist put me on antibiotics about a week before he pulled them.

red402
It doesn't hurt to get them pulled, but it can hurt after the numbness goes away. The dentist will usually give you pain meds for that though, so you should be alright.

- sarface.
Rating
yes, but they usually numb or freeze you're mouth so you don't feel most of the pain

IloveJoe
UNLESS ITS NUMB NO

Irishgal
Rating
They will probably numb your gums and that doe hurt so YES it will hurt.

Momma Mila
Rating
The shots hurt a bit when they first go into your gums, but then once you are numb...you shouldn't feel "pain". Yes, you will feel pressure when they are pulling. Also, a good dentist will always try to be reassuring, and for you to give him/her a signal that there IS still pain-- and then they would simply give you more numbing medication.

Don't worry, you will be fine :)

Nilyak
Rating
***cries sadly*** sorry i was hoping most people would say "no" or "not very much", since I may have to get mine pulled! =''''( Now i'm really worried!!! I don't know how it feels, so i hope my two teeth that MIGHT be getting pulled come out normally soon! >.<

TheKidofAnime
hehehe well i am 11 and got 12 pulled total i dident feel anything because i was put to sleep so ask your mom or dad if u can get a dentist dude or watever that puts u 2 sleep u dont feel anthing and it feels like 5seconds xD..........oh ya the teeth were fused to the bone...i was worried to but dont worry to much or youl get sick yourself

Mary Jo's Ghost
Not if you are smart and say....Knock me out!

Hiccup Hippo!
yes if you don't have novacane
Definite yes if your dentist doesnt know how to pull teeth out or your his first experiment!

Michelle
I got 2 teeth pulled when they weren't even wiggly but they numbed my mouth with this numbing stick. The gums were sore afterwards but the pain was minimal.

aznchicka926
Rating
it doesn't really hurt, but the novacaine does. When they acually pull the3 teeth out u feel a little tug. Its not painful at all. Ask the doc if u can get numbing creame before ur novacaine shot.

Serena
Rating
It actually didn't hurt when it was done to me, and I didn't have pain afterward: my dentist is a "gentle care" one, who makes sure you don't feel anything. He gave me pills (pain killers) to keep the pain from even hitting me when I went home. The only slight pain I had was from the numbing shot. It's a quick procedure; and, if you follow your dentist's directions, you'll be over it in no time. Make sure you have some soft food on hand for the next few days afterward.

Mandy
Well, these days they numb it, but that doesn't mean you totally don't feel anything. It's nothing to worry your head over, if they don't numb it first, you can ask for them to numb it, and the pain will be very minimal to even (if you go to a really good dentist) none!
So, just walk right in there and sit down in that chair relaxed, you've got nothing to worry about.

Blue-Zaga
Only of it's not entirely loose or if they don't give you medicine to make it numb.

Montana
Rating
I think it is WAY better than having a cavity filled if you've had that. They give you novocaine through a shot in your gum near the tooth, so that pinches a bit, but not unbearably. I hate needles so just don't look and you'll be ok. The tooth pulling part is not bad, after the novocaine numbs you all up.

I had teeth pulled before I ever lost them on my own when I was a little kid, and I didn't mind it then.

Remember, you have to do it anyway, so try as hard as you can to not worry now, and tell the dentist and especially the nurses you see before hand that you are scared, just so they are extra careful to make it painless.

You'll be okaaaay.

ladytoobusytotalk
Not if the dentist gives you something for the pain. Sometimes it hurts just a little.

Tammy
Rating
It will only hurt if you go to a Dentist that isn't good at getting you numb.

noccaprincess
Depends on your dentist. In all honesty it shouldn't hurt during the actual pulling. If it does hurt at all, let your dentist know immediately. Also let them know if you're really tense or nervous about the procedure, because they can provide medications like Ativan or a mild Valium, which should make the procedure much easier. You might also ask your dentist about taking medication before the procedure so that after the Novocaine wears off, your pain won't be so very intense.

In short, no it shouldn't hurt during the procedure... but yes, it will hurt after for a couple of days.

LapanCooking
Depends on who does that... there are lots of lousy dentists no doubt... however if the dentist does a good job you should be ok by the time that the effect of the anestetic disappears.

Good luck!

msroboto
Rating
the dentist will probably freeze your mouth so it wont hurt. it does feel a little weird though, like a suction kinda feeling, its hard to describe.

rena k
yes but that is why they give your freezing. THen all you feel is a tug or two.

woodsa28
Rating
i had to do the same exact thing as you, don't worry it's not that bad. the only thing that i was afraid of was the needle because i am terrified of needles, but that wasn't that bad, i just said the abc's in my head over and over again and gripped onto the handles on the chair. after the needle, you don't feel a thing. after the numbness wears off you might feel some pain, just take motrin or Tylenol.

amoo
Not really, if they drug you up right! But there will be some discomfort when that wears off :)

annette a
Rating
Yes but they give you medication.

Musicfish
The dentist will shoot you full of Novocaine, which hurts, but then you are completely numb while your teeth are pulled. Once the pain medicine wears off, you will be uncomfortable for a day or so, but you might get pain meds for that, too. After a couple of days, you will feel fine. Good luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy