Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    STDs
Health Discussion Forum

Hickeys.. how do i get rid of them?
ok i didnt know where to ask this question so i figured that this would be the best place..
i have about 10 hickeys on my neck and i have to go to work tommorrow (mcdonalds ughh) and i have no ...

My tongue is white?
my armpit hurt, my groin hurt too, i feel weak. 3 weeks ago i go to the doctor and check what happened with my body, he checked my blood, urine, chest xray, thyroid, and the result for hiv-1 a b ...

Can u get hiv or any std through oral?

Does kissing give you std's?

Aids through kissing?
I was wondering is it possible to get aids if you kiss someone on the cheek while you have a sore/cut inside your mouth and/or under your lips?...

Disgusting story?? has anyone heard this, is it true/possible?
this guy was giving oral to this girl and it tasted kind of bad so he put a jolly rancher up there.. then he was trying to find it with his tongue and he felt a lil thing so he kinda bit it and it ...

Can you get AIDs from...?
Saliva? My brother and I are debating this fact and we just wanna know a solid answer. Can you get AIDs from:
-Making out with someone who has AIDs
-Sharing a drink with someone who has AID...

Is this herpes?
i have a little white bump under the bottom left of my tongue. it has no red around and only hurts a little bit. i pray to God i don't. please tell me i ...

Got Aids ... What Should I Do With My Life?

I am embarrassed to go and see my Doctorr, how can I tell if I have herpes without asking my docto?

Do u think those people in the herpes commercials get recognized as that person from the commercial? i?
and if u were an actor would u be in one of those?...

How do the vampire(not the myth ones)don't get aids from drinking blood?

Additional Details
if not vampires-then foe you ill put it this way-peopel that drink blood thats a fact....

Help!!!!!!!!! this is a serious question?
ok, is it possible to get a boil down there. i know i dont have an std cause ive only been with one person for the past two years. and same with him (i took his virginity).......im really losing ...

This is kinda gross but..........?
i only pee once a day.........is that a bad thing???...

Do cold sores give herpes?
do cold sores give herpes?...

What would YOU do?
if your bf/gf cheated on you and gave you an INcurable disease, and you loved them with ALL of your heart plus more, would you stay or would you go?

consider the fact[s]:

[1] ...

Do I have an STD or am I just paranoid?
I was 'hooking up' with someone and then later I noticed they had some bumps on their elbows and legs! I am going paranoid now thinking "what have I done"! I can't stop ...

How do i get aids just by talking to someone???
cause its happened ...

Will I get HIV infected by drinking other guy's beer?
I was in Vancouver and drinking. There was this big guy with his big group of friends. He drank a few sips and handed me this beer and asked me to drink few times. I did drink after refused few ...

Have I caught a nasty STD?
I went on a train journey the other day which may have put my life at risk.

I bought my tickets and nobody batted an eyelid, or warned me of the dangers, or anything.

I had ...

beckjar
When you get tested for std's is it as simple as getting blood drawn?

Kelly
Yes. That's all they do; they draw blood from your arm.

meghenstein
Rating
you can just get the cotton swab thing.

mandizzle
Rating
yep. it's the same thing, except they tell you if you have them or not...

T C
The test is simple, not the cure.

californiababe<3
im not sure but good luck and be careful out there..

Cinoi1551
Depends on the STD, but usually no. There is swabbing that has to be done and usually blood is drawn also.

However, it is better to be safe than sorry, so get tested and then be safe (condoms and partners who also are tested) and you shouldn't have to do it too often.

QUEENEMF
Yes. Different tests can be mouth swab, cervix swab also

Mrs Dunlop
Rating
yes and maybe doing a urine test

Jessica P
Rating
cotton swabs are more effective for a wide variety of std's. blood is more for things like HIV

aljhon or allen
Rating
i dont think so...only i can say use condom to safety to protect you from std.

LITTLE MAMA
Rating
it depends if your a male are female a female get what they call a pap done and men well i hear its not fun they do it the same as females but you now if you want more deal tails just email me

Michael K
Rating
It really depends what kind of STD it is. If it is viral or bacterial. If it is bacterial it is a swab test, if it is viral it is blood.

Brandon H
Rating
They take a little blood and then take a cotton swab and swab slightly inside your pee hole.

prrfect
sometimes - they may also do a culture swab and now they can also do testing for some STDs simply through urine test

Drowzeee
Rating
Usually yes. But it does depend on what you're getting tested for and what your dr recommends.

generationZ
Rating
no also visual exam for sores, warts etc...smears also

butterfliesRfree
Yes -- I got checked for HIV, and all other STD's and that's all it's about -- very simple......don't worry.

Liz
yes. everyone should get tested

angel
Rating
There are different tests for different STD'S

me
not only blood, mainly a swab in the urethra...

Parody
Yes, for all the major diseases (AIDS, HIV, Clap, etc.). For more intimate diseases (Herpes, Crabs) and depending on the symptoms (pus, sting) then they may have to get a culture of whats inside your pee hole.

cycorye
Not sure but I hope your okay.....

Nickole
Rating
Blood tests are run from HIV and Syphilis.
Chlamydia, Gonorrhea are either urine or swab tests (done during pap exam - and yes, the big q-tip).
If you are concerned about HPV or HSV-1/HSV-2, you will need to request this specific tests because they are not normally run during a regular exam. A pap exam does not always check for HPV. ALSO, there is no reliable test for men to check for HPV - the only testing done is for sciencific studies. Men are usually the carriers of HPV and it is usually only diagnosed in men when there is visible signs like gential warts. Most doctors don't like to do blood tests for HSV-1/HSV-2 unless there is physcial evidence (sores/lesions) that you have it.

If you are worried about an infection in the throat like Gonorrhea, you have to request a throat culture. Chlamydia is considered rare to have in the throat so they won't really do a throat culture for that.

Good Luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, March 28, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy