Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Is laser eye surgery dangerous?
I want to get laser eye surgery in 2 years when I'm 21, but some people have told me that it's a risky surgery. What are the odds of something going wrong?...

What's your eye color?

My sister says she can't take off her contacts. could it really stick to the eye that u can't take it off?
what should she do if she can't take them off? go see the doctor?...

Contacts lenses, do you ever get use to them?

Am i a FREAK??
Is it normal or am i a freak?!?
my eyeballs have a slight hint of blue they're not fully white, what does this mean?...

Will i need glasses when i am older?
i am 13 and i have worn glasses since i was about 4, my eyes have improved so much that i can see perfectly without them(but my eyes get tired easily without glasses). When i'm an adult will i ...

Eye colours?
Two questions really. I have two different colours in my eyes, orange and green. is that normal? also, if a white person has brown eyes, does that mean they may have black decendants?
A...

What is with these flashing lights in the corner of my eye?
ok so today I've been having these moments where light would just flash in my eye, and the second time it happened I got a slight head ache.
Last year I had something similar but it ...

Colored contacts....?
im getting fresh look colored contacts, i have blue/green eyes, some days they look blue and others green, but mainly blue.... what color should i get that would stand out and look right.... i have ...

Should i wear my glasses when going out ?
I'm short sighted and i have been wearing glasses for a few years. I only use them for seeing the board at school. Sometimes when I got out to shopping centres, parks etc, people and things that ...

What color eyes will my baby have? My eyes are light brown, my bf's are blue/green.?

What causes deteriation of vision?
and how may i prevent it.
thx....

Can 3 year boy use contact lenses??
he has minus 9 number to both the eyes...bacause his eye ball is big in size.......

Is it better to rinse your eyes with warm or cold water?
Say you got shampoo in your eyes, or you're nervous that you might have, so you rinse your eyes out at the end of your shower. Is warm or cold water better? Or does it not make a difference.

Sleeping in contact's ?!?
okay well , im staying the night at my friend kendra's house tonight and i forgot all the things for my contact's .
so what can happen if i sleep in them or what can i do ?

Is it true that to produce a blue eyed baby both parents have to have blue eyes?
i am blue eyed like my dad but my mum and sister are green? it has been playing on my mind for a while now.
Additional Details
peter o - lol bless ...

Do you frequently lose your glasses when you take them off?
It drives me nuts especially at night and I can't see to find them. Is there any solution apart from wearing them on a chain?
Additional Details
Sian - I'm not that bright....

Do you wear eye glasses, would you allow a doctor to take a knife to your eyes, Laysic surgery?
I need glasses, but I don't think I would take a risk of someone taking a knife to my eyes....

Is it true that if you keep your eyes open when you sneeze?
your eyeballs will pop out of your head?...

Are my eyes crossed...or do I have a lazy eye? Lol....pic included. ?
When I was a baby I had crossed eyes. I'm pretty sure I grew out of it, but how would I know? Please let me know if it looks like my eyes are doin' something funky. Thanks. Lol.

~* Kawaii-Chan *~
I just got glasses. What will others think?
I just got them, and i don't mind them. I think they are pretty cute but I'm just afraid of what my friends and family will say. Will they be shocked because even though ive had trouble seeing i didn't really tell anyone about it. I'm going into high school and I'm just sort of scared.
I'm nearsighted but I don't want to wear them all the time, even though i should because i just want to be normal and i don't want to forget them at school and etc. What will others think?

**TiNkErBeLl**
just b normal........even tho u r quiet tensed up........wen u go to ur skol........just chill......breath...........u r nt the oly person in this WHOLE WIDE WORLD WEARING GLASSES............i myself is also wearing glasses.......chillax.........nowadays..... a specs.....is stylish........as most of the ppl in this earth has eye probs.........so go to skol smiling........tc...........cheers

ChooieBoba
Rating
You should get the glasses or ones that look like them with black

stan da manly man the one u want
i had glasses all through h.s. all 4 years and parts of middle school. i wore them everyday. now that i am going into college, i decided to get contacts. i do feel better with contacts. but i remember, it's just kinda normal to wear glasses. i mean... a lot of people wear them. they won't think about you differently at all. so no worries. consider contacts if glasses bother you.

Tia Dee
some people look really good in glasses....and glasses are normal so many people are wearing glasses even the ones that dont really need em they wear em for fashion

LittleBarb
Who cares what anyone else thinks... the ONLY thing that maters is what YOU think.... if otehrs have comments.... that's just the way it is... don't let anyone get to you... just tell them YOU are happy with them and that should end any comments...

Optimist
Rating
It's kind of funny, but people who wear glasses are seen as being smart. Just wear them with confidence and be yourself and you'll be A'ok!

animegal
i have had glasses all my life i am 17 i still have them my friends like them many people pick on me for them but not my friends so it don't matter what any one else thinks is what you think

NO"o-bomb-us"
Rating
I would rather see clearly than to be "normal" and not see at all..

Glasses are more common now than ever. You shouldn't worry about a thing at all. If you need them- you can't help it. A lot of glasses these days are more stylish, so A LOT of people are getting them- Even if they don't have bad vision. Don't worry about it!!

If you're nearsighted- you should wear them all the time. I am also nearsighted, and if you don't wear your glasses all the time it can cause your vision to worsen...

Another option, (after you have your glasses for a while), is to check on contacts. You may want to try them out and see which one you like better.. But, insurances won't cover contacts- they will glasses though..

Good luck on going into High school!
Trust me your glasses will be the last thing you worry about after entering High school =]]

Hello there.
Rating
I have glasses for the same reason.
I really thought that my friends would laugh.
But when I wore them people thought they
looked really good. I bet of you wear them
they willl like them a lot. (:

linz
Rating
uhh everyone will be fine with them!! eventually every one will get used to them. and if u still dont like them aftter a while then get contacts

kay_flood
what others think doesn't amount to a hill of beans, the important thing is being able to see correctly. can you possibly still be so immature as to think that the opinions of others are more important than your own good health?

MinLo
Rating
Don't worry, glasses can definitely look cute! I got glasses in 8th grade and didn't have any problems at all. I started wearing contacts when I started college for convenience's sake (since I live in a cold climate and I hated coming in from a freezing cold day and having my glasses fog up ! haha) but still really like glasses. I say rock 'em!

LongStoryShort
Rating
Trust me, glasses are in nowadays especially with teens. I work at several optical places and teens are always coming asking about glasses and colored contact lenses. But they are not just asking about any kind of glasses, they are asking for plano lenses (non-prescription lenses) because they don't need glasses, but they still want to wear glasses.

It's the in thing to do apparently. Besides, be happy about yourself. A pair of glasses don't change or make who you are. It's a part of you now so work it down the runway. ^_^

haiknow
Rating
Well, i remember when i got my glasses and i thought they were the coolest thing in the world!!! i was just in the 3rd grade but hey;; i dont mind people with glasses. you shouldn't be afraud if what other people think, it's how you feel about yourself. and if you think they're pretty cute then they're COOTE:) if people think they're not don't pay attention to them. Just think of them of Jealous, Haters who don't got what you got.

SMILEEEE:)
(: it's really good for you.

cheerykiri

if you only wear them sometimes AND they are cute it doesnt really matter

sian
Rating
you really have no need to worry :) my friend got glasses and i was surprised at first but then i got really used to it ! she didnt look bad either i think they really suited her !

i bet your friends will like them and eventually itl seem wierd when you dont wear them ! they just take getting used to !

youll be fine i promise !! :) good luck in highschool !

PJ
Rating
They won't think about it nearly as much as you do. Mostly, it won't make much difference to them.

balthazar1990
Girls look extra cute with glasses on. You shouldn't hide your sight problem just because it would affect your friend's perception on you.

They would accept you the way you are. With or without specs.

alexandra
Others will think that you have glasses.

T-Rav
Rating
Since you're going into high school,I don't think many people will tease you for wearing glasses,most of the teasing of people with glasses phase goes away.I'm sure people will be surprised you need glasses,I know my friends were when I got mine.Don't be scared to wear them,I am sure if you like them,others will,too!If your doctor has told you that you need to wear them all the time,you probably should,there's nothing wrong with that at all.And if you don't need them all the time,just remember to put them in their proper case.Just don't worry about what others will think,if you wear your glasses proudly,people will notice that and not tease you,if they do,they're just jealous because they don't have cool glasses like you!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy