Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

ck
I enjoy wearing contacts more than my glasses but I have a major problem with my contacts getting really dry??
I've tried different brands of disposable contacts and my eyes still get really dried out and I've tried visine made for contacts. Are there any other options???

emo girl
Rating
have you tried hydroclear by acuvue? They are supposed to be for people with very dry eyes.

((BiiRdY-BiiRd))
Rating
change your contacts to a hydrating contact lens like acuvue. check em' out here.... http://www.discountcontactlenses.com/lens-acuvue-one-day-moist-295.html

or you could always just buy eye drops!

dpcwam
I practice in an area plagued by dry eye. My top choices for contact lenses are Proclear and Acuvue Oasys. Solutions make a difference as well. I prefer Clearcare and Optifree. My choice for rewetting drops is Refresh for Contacts as it is made specifically for dry eye and not just for rewetting. Additionally, I have my patients employ a gentle scrub at the base of the lashes with a warm washcloth when they wake up and again before they go to bed. The heat/massaging action helps stimulate the oil glands at the base of the lashes that help prolong the tear evaporation rate. Beyond these, consult your eye doctor about further treatments such as Restasis (a presciption designed to help you produce your own tears) as you may be a candidate for this. Personally, I've had to stop wearing lenses altogether. I don't have enough tears to support them any longer. Thank goodness I was a good candidate for laser correction.

Paulette
Use plenty of eye drops. The older you get the dryer the eyes.

Candidus
Don't use Visine made for contacts! I've tried it and it actually causes more problems than it helps. Get something like the product "Natural Tears." There are several good eye refreshener drops out there. I have the same problem all the time. It gets worse as you get older because tear production is reduced. The problem is caused by the ducts allowing your tears to drain. Apparently all of your moisture is going down the drain too fast.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy