Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Do you think im nuts?
im 22, self harmer of 6+years. I'd say for my age quite a heavy drinker! At the moment apart from the occasional pet sitting job im unemployed, i spend most of the 24 hours sleeping and when im ...

Why do people get cancer when they dont smoke?

Right now I feel crappy...What to do?
It is not for any particular reason, I just feel crappy. I know I am not always a nice person, I don't want to be this way but it just seems to happen. What can i do to cheer myself up? I was ...

Has anybody ever seen a Vampire?

Why do people give such mean answers?
Especially in the mental health section. Mental health is not a joke.
Additional Details
Well I read answers and questions about people offing themselves. I recently asked a question ...

What is the easiest way to remembering the things?
Day today things are forgetting often and unwanted things are in our memory with out forget. How to overcome this habit? is there any procedure to practice?...

If you could ahve a tattoo where would you have it?

How can a human stop thinking about death and suicide everyday?
How to avoid thinking that way, what to do,...

I'm so happy I need bringing down, can you depress me otherwise I'll burst?
I can't even talk about it because it will make me even happier.
Additional Details
Thank you everyone.
P...

What if you're so tired and exhausted and want it all to stop!? Isn't this an acceptable reason for suicide?

Is it ok to always want to be the center of attention no matter what?
because i feel like i have to be the center of attention and if im not i just feel out of place. i wanna be the craziest loudest person in the room....

What is the best way of dealing with stress?
finding it really hard concentrating because i have just started a new job - things are really getting to me - read about fasting and meditation - anyone have any ideas ??...

What is wrong with me? I cant stop crying...?
I have felt depressed / 'down' for 6 years, ever since i got into a bad relationship with a 'bad boy' when i was 16. He used to threaten me, push me around, he almost raped me..<...

What is the secret to letting go and really being calm?

Do you ever feel like just breaking down and crying?
Do you ever just want to cry? Is there a reason or do you just feel that way? Sometimes I just feel like i need to, but i cant. I want to sometimes when im alone because sometimes i think it would ...

What's suicide?
Hi,guys!Does anybody knows what's suicide?If you have any information or links for that topic please sand me.Thanks!!!...

POLL: How do you deal with stress in your life ?
Thank you....

Does my wife suffer from some kind of mental affliction?
Long story short. happy loving couple get married. All is well. 6 years later after 2 beutiful kids wife starts to change. Becomes less loving and affectionate. Surrounded by loving husband, parents, ...

OK, I admit it: I'm bored. Bored with life. Bored of being alone and bored of being broke.?
I'm a loner, but I've always been able to keep myself occupied/distracted, with music, books, films, and recently, keeping fit. These days I'm feeling restless in the evening, less ...

Has anyone ever quit smoking weed? has your life changed for the better?
Sometimes I think smoking weed has made me kinda lazy....

Kaylan
Would you consider this bulimia?
Since I was 13 I had off and on trowing up, I'd do it for 4-5 months, and I'd stop for a few and then do it for another 4-5 months (everyday 2-3 times a day) i got help for that because i was considered bulimic apparently... but anyways about 2 months ago I started doing it again because I started gaining weight, I've lost about 30 lbs already but thats not my point would you consider me bulimic still if i purge everything i eat (sometimes 4 times a day...) but if I do eat without puking its less then 100 calories. Sorry if this made no sense. o.0
Additional Details
Yes I am getting help for this im going to go see my physiologist again, so don't give me that jazz talk please.

kassandra
Rating
If the question is whether I would say you are bulimic, the answer is yes. You fit the classic definition and I think you know that. I am glad you are reaching out for help because you are on a path to real sickness...something a lot more life threatening than the throwing up you are asking about. Good Luck...you are young enough to change your future.

James L
yeah please get help. yeah, i would call that bulimia

***~***
Rating
Obviously.

salishlady
Rating
If you puke on purpose to lose weight, its Bulimia. If you don't like that label, call it an eating disorder. Either way, its not good for your body. Get help. Do you know what you are doing to yourself?

P.S. You can always tell when someone is Bulimic, their breath STINKS. No matter how much mouthwash they use.

ASGH09
Rating
i would call this bulimia but im not a professional so dont take my word for it.

gill
Rating
yeah sorry hun but your deffinitly anerecix i know u don wanna here it but like 100 calories is all u wont throw up thats crazy u know u can eat 1800 calories without putting on weigh as ur body naturally burns off that its anything over that, that makes u put the weighton if u don work it off.

wht do you weigh.

u do realise you'll start developing facial hair and ur teeth will fall out and is it really worth it also your body will start to eat its on muscle for food cause ur not eating enough which means eventually it'll eat its on heart and you'll die
please get help

♥California Love♥
Rating
yeah, i think thats still considered bulimia

dancer14
Rating
yes i do think that i would conider that bulimia. i hate to say it but i really do think that i would very stongly and confidently say that that is bulimia....sry

Dalton
if your purging then yes...

Ligeia
You would be what they call Anorexic, purging type. Full on bulimic people ten to eat excessive amounts of food, like an entire pizza, and then throw it up. They usually don't restrict heavily on their food otherwise.

If you are throwing up several times a day, it is still an "eating disorder." Not that there is a standard out there for eating normally, I mean, the line between having an unhealthy diet and an eating disorder is very thin, but I imagine this disrupts your life having to throw up several times a day. I bet you probably feel sick when you try to eat normally, which can become a problem. Also, all of the acid from your vomit is damaging your esophagus and stomach. Electrolyte imbalance can make your heart fail on you randomly...

so I suppose what I am saying is...
I have been both bulimic and anorexic. I still have problems, but not as nearly as bad as I used to. As someone who once behaved very similarly to the way you're behaving right now, I've got to say you sound worse off than I was. Throwing up four times a day would have killed me.

I would try to enter a clinic if you can't start eating without throwing up. NOT eating when you feel like throwing up would be healthier than what you're doing right now, although I'm not trying to encourage you to develop full on anorexia either. Medical help is your best bet if you want to improve the quality of your physical and emotional life.

Kathryn =)
Yes you're bulimic.

lotus_elise_81
Yes it's bulimia. And you need about 1500 calories minimum a day to meet all your energy needs and you would still lose weight eating that few calories.

trouble maker
Rating
YES, lose weight in a healthier way! You know, you could really get sick and even die from that, I would watch your self!

Mary D
Yes I would. And it's NOT a healthy way to lose weight. You may be skinny, but you will look sick & that is definitely not appealing. Good luck!!!!!

Kirsty
Rating
yes i would but i guess if your easting then its not as bad but yes it is

hun7
Yes it is. Anything you throw up on purpose daily and constantly would be considered as bulimia.

Brianna S
Rating
yeah you need help

Megan L
yes. that is still bulimia. its nasty to do anyways. it turns your teeth yellow and ruins your throat. i dont think getting the help really worked since your doing it again. maybe you should try getting more help like getting checked up by the doctor a few times a month and therapy and stuff. i really hope you stop since its so bad for your health even though it makes u loose weight faster its a horrible thing to do to yourself if ur so conserned about your weight try dieting. its safe and healthy for you.

kelly l
Rating
Yes, I would still consider you to have bulimia. I also have this awful disease, and I do the same thing. I have done it 2 to 3 times a day for a month or so and stop, and then I would start right back up again. It is an on going disease, no matter how many times you start and stop. I have never gotten help, but I'm glad you are and I hope you stick with it. You are very young, I am 37 years old. The longer you go with this, the worst it will get, so please stick with your treatment. Good luck sweetie.

Stacey Hawkins
wow this is soooo bad 4 u and you could die! btw, when u r bulimic your breath stinks really really bad! k so stop! anyway when you don't eat enuff you lose energy and you can't really do anything. also you could stunt your growth. lose weight the healthy way!

llteeej
um yeah i would definitley consider that some kind of eating disorder, if not bullimia.

beachgirly
yeah i would consider that bulimia..... best of luck!

Mr.wafflez
Rating
sounds like bulimia just dont keep doing it. ask your doctor and find out what the usual weight should be for your age and keep around that weight.

enough
Rating
yes it sounds like a start to bulimia. talk to a counselor please.

kcprincess_09
definately. i hope you get better and get control of this disease.

Barb R
Absolutely. It sounds like you have a combination of bulimia and anorexia with the very low calorie intake.

You don't state if you are eating normally and throwing up (Bulimia) or if it is binge eating and purging which is a third type of eating disorder.

I'm glad to hear you're on the right track again.

amanda
yes it is. bulimia is purging-- a lot of times to lose weight. and if youre only not purging if you eat less than 100 cals, then your body doesnt get the nutrition it needs and can do harm to your body

Joel
Rating
yeah i would say thats bulimic, instead of throwing up try excersising and eating healthy? not screwing up your body by making yourself throw up

Stephanie F
Rating
Yes, I would consider that your bulimia has "acted up" again. I am glad you are getting the help you need. I pray you are able to listen to her/him and that you become proud of yourself and how you look as you are. Love yourself. God loves you, no matter what.

God Bless you.

•♥¸.•*Team Jacob•♥¸.•*
Rating
yea, u r... thats soooo unhealthy! do you know what that does to you?!?!?!

majnun99
If you are deliberately vomiting to lose weight it is bulimia. It doesn't make any difference how many times a day, or if you skip a month, or whatever.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bulimia/DS00607

It's dangerous. See a doctor.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy