Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Have you ever rode in a ambulance? If so for what?
I have a couple of times one last year when I flipped backwards over my pool trying to catch a ball and wacked my head on a rock and fence. It was a 4 foot fall. I remeber when I was in the ambulance ...

Who cuts rings off your finger when they become too tight?

I tore my ankle ligiments 6 months ago and im still in pain what should i do?

Is my ankle broken?
it is swoolen and is very painful to the touch!!! help ...

Colar Bone Break??
how long does it take for a Colar Bone to heal after being broken?...

After sustaining a herniated disc in the lower back, how long does it take for pain to radiate down the leg?
I have 2 herniated discs in my back (L5/S1, L4). I've been injured w/o specific treatment for the discs for a year. It took 3 1/2 months for pain to go from my back to my leg (w/glute and hip ...

How do you know?
How do you know when a puncture wound is getting infected? Be specific......

Is there a difference between a "fractured bone" and a "broken bone"? Or can they be used synonymously?
Please list reference... Thanks a bunch....

Has anyone ever been to a&e; and then felt better?
i did it earlier after smashing into a tree on a swing!..i was sure i'd smashed my pelvis and had done internal damage but apparently i've just bruised it!!i feel like i wasted everyones ...

How can i break my ankel??
ok i kinnda told everyone i broke my ankel so i need to brakeit quick!! plz help

p.s i cant find any hammers
Additional Details
ik what ur saying but i need to brake it just ...

How do i know if my finger is broken?
playing tackle football i hurt my pinky finger at some point.. it's very uncomfortable and is turning a little black near the nail... doesn't hurt if i don't move it only when i try to ...

Please help i need to know this very soooooooon?
I need to know if your stomach is as big as your fist??...

Am i ok - i was running for the bus........?
my ankle twisted and i fell now it hurts to walk and i cant bend my foot backward. not that i cant move my foot where it's connected to my ankle but i can't curl my foot backward. i'm ...

Health`apart from`the big C`Whats`the biggest & Longest`PAIN`uv ever`Suffered?

Got Hit In The Eye Need Some Help?
I was bouncing a tennis ball (not hard) and it just hit me square in the eye. It hurt for a while and it was hard to open it.

Its right in the eye not alittle below or above and if it hit ...

Wrist Pain?
For several days now I've had pain in my wrist--it's sort of a sharp ache that comes and goes, without any particular movement involved. I don't remember twisting or falling on it ...

How many people are killed each year by falling coconuts?

Additional Details
According to George Burgess, director of the International Shark Attack File housed at the University of Florida, coconuts kill about 150 people a year—that’s 15 ...

Do u crack your knuckles??
i pop mine and can't stop....i can like go a day sometimes not but i find my self cracking them again.....why do people do this?? why do they crack their knuckles or any other bone in the body??...

If you hit your head really hard can it leave a permanent lump? or is it just a tumour growing on my head?
About 3 years ago i was riding my bike turned around and accidently rode into a steel pole and severely hurt my head I was concussed from it anyway.. 3 years later now ive still got this lump on my ...

How do you know if you've sprained a muscle or torn a ligament?

the Bruja is back
How would i know if i had punctured my lung?
last night i was running, i came back, and going in hte house, i sometimes press into my belly ( like 2 inches below the breasts ) , and it was pretty hard pressing, so that it hurt. i mena not a whole lot. but just signifc9iantly you know. and then i went in the house. and like a minute later, i thougth hey wait waht fi i hurt myself, i'm not sure if htat thought came after or before i started having trouble breathing. i am an asmatic and hte trouble breathign coudl hvae been from the run. but it didnt go away all night. i had some medium sharp pains ( kinda like heart burn ) lasst night. i went to sleep. could only breathe normally while lying on my stomach/ chest. woke up this morning and stil lhaving trouble. no pain though. waht do you think is wrong? i tried 2 puffs of advair discus. and its not working. but i have been panicing a bit. wahtdo you think is wrong? is it all in my head or could i be in serious medical trouble? please knowledgable peopel only

Daniel A
There are different degrees of a punctured lung. it is possible that you have punctured your lung. However there would most likely either need to be a penetrating trauma OR a broken rib that has punctured the lung. While you described medium sharp pains, it doesnt necessarily sound like a broken rib. The broken rib would be immensely painful it it was broken enough to puncture the lung. However because of your concern I would recommend going in to the ER because it is better safe than sorry. I hope this helps

andrew h
go and get a check up from the doctor or hospital nearest you do no delay

coco
umm the first one made me laugh,but i think you should go to a doctor

Tiffany J
well, you'd be dead idiot

I C The World in Black and White
Rating
Well, you'd probably be dead already. But still go to the doctor. God does it really take someone to tell you to go to the doctor?

Mama Bear
Rating
First of all, something would have had to have punctured it.
Is there a bullet hole or knife or something hanging out of you?
If not, you probably worked your lungs a bit too hard and should start slowly next time, building them up just like a muscle until you are in shape for hard, long running.

Dawnie midwife uk
Sudden shortness of breath and pain felt in the chest are classic symptoms that warrant immediate medical referral. I doubt you have a punctured a lung from running though.

Incidentally, your spelling is more of a concern than your possible punctured lung

Hey it's Ken!
Wow, these people are harsh!

Basically, if you punctured your lung, air would build up in your pleural cavity (it's an extra area around your lungs). Did you ever watch the move "Three Kings" with George Clooney, Ice Cube, and Mark Wahlberg? Remember when Marky Mark's character punctured his lung? George Clooney's character put in that release valve to release the pressure. Basically it was like he couldn't exhale properly so air just built up in his lung

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy