Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is it TRUE that MORE YOU SWEAT THE MORE WEIGHT YOU LOSE??
i heard that the more you sweat the more weight you lose....is that true?? if it is, does that mean that if i walk 2km on a hot day and sweat more, rather than walking 2km on a cold day i will lose ...

Am I overweight or underweight?
I am currently 5'6 and 95 pounds.
I know that may seem skinny, but I have curves which makes me feel obnoxiously fat and uneven.

Also, DONT be rude by saying I am obese/anorexic....

What's a good diet that has worked for you? Which doesn't involve exercising regularly.?

Am i overweight?
Ok i'm a girl and i'm 14 years old. I am 5'3 and I weigh 125 but i feel like I weigh way more. Is this an Ok weight? I'd like it to be a little less. Also, is 60lbs an ok weight ...

Im in 7th grade and i weigh about 95 pounds i want to go on a diet but my mom wont let me what should i do?
i tried going anorexic but my friends didn't like that so i stopped and i don't want to ruin my intestines or what ever so I'm not going to be bulimic im a teen so im like always ...

I am not a water drinker. How can i start acquiring a taste for water?

How tall I am?
My mom is around 5 and my dad is 5' 8. What do you think my height would be...just a guess!...

How much weight do you want to lose?

What's the fastest way to lose weight?
I really want to lose weight!
Additional Details
I'm not over weight, but I want to lose some because I guess that's just ...

How long after eating something can you get food poisoning?

I don't want to live this life and be this way anymore please help me!?
I'm 25 and I've struggled with my weight all my life. Ive suffered from two miscarriages and I currently weight 375lbs. I have trouble breathing, and I cant walk very far maybe two blocks ...

What can you eat to satisfy a sweet tooth in stead of chocolate?
looking for a healthy ...

I'm looking into becoming anorexic, Any Good tips would be appreciated?
I heard this is a GREAT way to lose those extra pesky pounds, It also makes your hair shiny and smooth, I am just too fat!! if you know of any links to any websites let me know, thanks ...

Are ramen noodles healthy?
im on a ...

Do I need to lose weight? and how do i?
i think i need to lose weight
im 12, 5'4, and weigh 145lbs.
but what is an easy way to do it?...

Will eating only eggs make me lose weight?

Tips on how to stop food cravings?? help!!?
do you have any tips for me because i say like "okay today im dieting" but within 2 hours im craving crisps,sweets,biscuits!!
i know a good tip is too get rid of all snacks in my ...

What is the easiest way to lose weight?

I Get Fat When I Exercise...Plz Help!!!?
I hate excerising, but whenever i excerise i just get fatter. I eat alot. Im not that Fat. But I need to Get in shape. Anything I can do? Without The pills and surgery??
Additional Details<...

Am I anorexic if I think I'm fat at 60 pounds, 4"11, and I eat 3 meals a day (1,400 calories)?
I have a stomach, and a big one, but I can see my ribs.
Additional Details
I am 14 years old....

Lily P
Why is it that smoking makes you lost weight?
why?
thanks.
is it physical cause it speeds up your metabolism or just sorta mental coz you smoke out of boredom instead of eating out of boredom.

Anna1223
Rating
Hello, I have lost weight since I gave up smoking. I was a bit fat and smoked, but was scared to give up because everybody told me that I would put on weight if I gave up. Maybe if I stayed in front of the TV eating instead of smoking I would have got bigger, but since I gave up smoking I have felt more energetic and healthy, so I go to the gym and have taken up martial arts. I think that smoking speeds up your heart rate a tiny bit, but it's nothing compared to exercise. Even a walk would make you lose more weight than a cig. I just felt fat and lazy while I smoked and couldn't do anything.

referee
Rating
Poeple who smoke are doing that instead of eating, people who don't smoke tend to snack more often.

Tissa
Rating
Smoking can be an appetite suppressant. It's also an oral fixation. Instead of eating people smoke. Which is why many people who quit smoking gain weight. They still have that oral fixation and eat instead of chewing gum or something that has fewer calories and still engages the facial muscles.

num1dubc
Rating
Most people (especially women) start smoking trying to lose weight but, there are no studies that actually prove that smoking leads to weight loss. And most people that smoke are also inactive (because like you said they smoke out of boredom).

James G
Rating
I'm trying to lose weight too and it's sooo hard. My aunt is using a weight loss product and it's really working for her (100% natural). I'm gonna try it and I recommend you try it too. It's really a colon cleanse, and it's a healthy way to detox, not like most diet pills. Check their website at
http://www.fit-quick-thin.us , my aunt got a free trial and paid only $4.95 shipping and handling.

RLJ
Rating
It's because people tend to smoke instead of eating.
That's why when people stop smoking, they usually put on weight

Lorraine F
Rating
it supresses yur appatite a little but instead of having a bite to eat yu have a cigerette and that satisfies you until yoy feel hungry again

ashley t
Rating
it causes your metabolism to increase just a little bit, also that it replaces eating for many people. It also burns a few calories. But, it's better to have a few extra pounds then to smoke. And this is coming from a smoker! heh

Paula R
Rating
In short, it doesn't. Not for me at least.

D.W
it just lessens your appetite. There's nothing in cigarettes that work at speeding up your metabolism or a slimming agent.

heavymetalbitch
Rating
smoking is supposed to dull your taste buds, so you are not as hungry. and if you are trying to stop smoking you eat more as you need something to occupy you.

hello :)
you dont want to eat as much

kelsey
Rating
yes, it speeds up metabolism. Alot of people have a smoke instead on a snack.

howdymel
Rating
That is often only a temporary effect. Remember that people who smoke are less likely to exercise, so eventually the weight will catch up with them.

NEIL G
I came across this great product for weight loss (all nautral) and it was excellent for me (it's a detox colon cleanse). Together with a good diet and exercise I am finally happy with my body and the way I look. You should check this product at
http://www.thin-now.us , they have a free trial and you only pay $4.95 shipping and handling. A must!

Oh_Baby_Oops
Rating
most people i know who smoke eat plenty as well, but if you want it to help u lose weight itll kind of suppress your apetite! but thats just crap if you enjoy food! dont do it.

plus u die of lung cancer, unable to breathe without a machine.

vietster
it makes you lose weight? i know enough ppl who smokes but they still the same..

chi-chi
Simple, because it is too expensive, and you can't afford to buy food.

DEBORAH M
Rating
it is an appetite depressant

misskate12001
Rating
It doesn't make you lose weight. It's an appetite suppressant so you don't eat as much or as often.

Marie C
because you brain needs the nicotine more than food so the smoking wins and you eat less

black_mamba_1992
I'm not sure about the metabolism thing, but I know that they kill your appetite before they do anything else which is a sure reason why people lose weight when they smoke.

DRH
Nicotine, a very powerful drug.

Tracy L
Rating
cigarettes are appetite represents!! They make the food taste more bland..... When you stop smoking you can taste how good the food is and eat more out of enjoyment, when you smoke you eat for survival instead of for the wonderful taste!!!!

Cynthia
Because lung cancer reduces the appetite.

flower power
very often..when i am short of time at lunch or tea break - i will have a ciggie instead of something to eat...daft i know.

NYCTAXIMAN
Speeds up metabolism (not always the case) and you eat less. Your lungs are clogged with black layers of smoke and it will cause you to not be hungry.

If you are looking to lose weight. A good balance diet and exercise is the key.

Cheers!

KrazyMuddles
Rating
i don't think it does, its just that people smoke instead of eating properly, thats why

black ♥
Rating
its an appetite suppressant.

ricky
Rating
what a load of tosh i know loads of fat smokers

dickn2000a
Rating
Smoking causes cancer. Cancer causes you to lose weight.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy