Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Why is it that smoking makes you lost weight?
why?
thanks.
is it physical cause it speeds up your metabolism or just sorta mental coz you smoke out of boredom instead of eating out of boredom....

What is your favorite exercise and why?
And your favorite exercise machine? What results have you gotten, and why? What machine do you recommend for weight loss? Thanks!...

Is 108 overweight for someone 5"1?

Additional Details
well for a long time i was bilemic and was told to gain weight now i want to lose it ...

Can you still drink Coke and lose weight with exercise and diet?
Even if it's one or two sugar cokes a day....

Im I Fat ?
Im 5'7 and 122 -125 pounds and i feel like im a whale. Whats the right weight for me ?...

What to do when your Bored??
I'm trying to stick to my diet but i have nothing to do, and i think thats why I am not in shape because when im bored i eat. I need something to keep me busy so I don't eat anything till ...

How much weight should I lose?
I'm 5' 3'' and 125 pounds...how much weight should I lose...?...

At what age did you lose your viginaty?

How do I control my food cravings...now?
Like right now I want to eat mac and cheese with ketchup and then a cupcake....werid taste I know. But its 9pm and am not sleepy...what should I do?...

What is the best food for breakfast?
My mother always told me to eat fruit first thing in the morning (before oats or cereal etc.) because it helps to clean out the digestive system and get it functioning for the day. Is this true? At ...

What's your favorite diet food?

Is it TRUE that MORE YOU SWEAT THE MORE WEIGHT YOU LOSE??
i heard that the more you sweat the more weight you lose....is that true?? if it is, does that mean that if i walk 2km on a hot day and sweat more, rather than walking 2km on a cold day i will lose ...

Am I overweight or underweight?
I am currently 5'6 and 95 pounds.
I know that may seem skinny, but I have curves which makes me feel obnoxiously fat and uneven.

Also, DONT be rude by saying I am obese/anorexic....

What's a good diet that has worked for you? Which doesn't involve exercising regularly.?

Am i overweight?
Ok i'm a girl and i'm 14 years old. I am 5'3 and I weigh 125 but i feel like I weigh way more. Is this an Ok weight? I'd like it to be a little less. Also, is 60lbs an ok weight ...

Im in 7th grade and i weigh about 95 pounds i want to go on a diet but my mom wont let me what should i do?
i tried going anorexic but my friends didn't like that so i stopped and i don't want to ruin my intestines or what ever so I'm not going to be bulimic im a teen so im like always ...

I am not a water drinker. How can i start acquiring a taste for water?

How tall I am?
My mom is around 5 and my dad is 5' 8. What do you think my height would be...just a guess!...

How much weight do you want to lose?

What's the fastest way to lose weight?
I really want to lose weight!
Additional Details
I'm not over weight, but I want to lose some because I guess that's just ...

L.A baby!!
Whats the fastiest way to lose alot of weight?
Whats the fastiest way to lose alot of weight in a short period of time? What can i do and how much weight could i lose in three months? thanks

Rick G
A LOT IS TWO WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, try walking everywhere, it's what I do.

kayleigh d
weight watchers. there food is really yummy.

replexgirl
Rating
gastric bypass surgery. And you won't gain it back.

redd headd
Amputation

melindakayrothschild
Rating
walk walk walk

momof3
Rating
Phentermine. I've lost a total of 16 pounds in five weeks. I have a long way to go, but it's a good start. I know everyone's going to say how unhealthy it is, but it works for me. Good luck.

Roscoe
Rating
For the first few days... eat nothing but laxatives. Then, eat nothing.

*Note* Fastest... not healthiest.

Don't listen to the Lypo/Gastric Bypass mumbo jumbo... most of those doctors are booked months in advance.... How's that fast!!!!!!!

SexyTkn
Rating
Lots of cardio and weight training. Don't eat after 7... BE SURE TO HAVE BREAKFAST. Lots of veggies and fruits. Watch how much you're eating, eat slow, and make better food choices. How much weight you lose will all depend on how much you work out, how much you, eat, and your metabolism. You have to be determined and if not, you'll fail. Also you won't see results over night so you HAVE to keep at it.

Phil
Rating
The fastest way I ever lost weight is stomach flu. I lost 5 pounds in one or two days. I've heard malaria will make you lose weight too. Then of course there's cancer, or more exactly the treatments you must have to keep the cancer from killing you. Of course, if you want to lose weight and KEEP IT OFF, the HEALTHY way to do it is through GRADUAL weight loss.

You need to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables,eat low fat meat in moderation, have dessert as an OCCASIONAL treat, avoid junk food at all costs, and find a form of exercise that you ENJOY and will STICK WITH.

This is not something you will do temporarily, but a way to live your life. Otherwise you'll just be losing and gaining weight throughout your life and each time losing will become harder.

Nutty
Rating
Dont eat more than 50% of the recommended daily allowance of saturated fats.

ninja
There are more diets than ever and more people dieting than ever and yet we have the fattest society ever. So a lot of these ideas about losing weight, make you fatter. Cutting calories, carbs and fats can cause you to have a weight problem for life. It is better to eat differently. See site below and learn why lean meat and non-fat yogurt are so fattening. The people counting calories are the fat people.

Also salt has no calories but makes you fat. This also has the quickest weight loss possible. Eat good carbs, not bad carbs. Nourish your body thin, instead of starving your body fat. Eat foods made by nature
and avoid foods made by man which are designed to make you fat and very addicted to food. Do the ninja warrior diet (not a diet but a diet lifestyle). 5th link on "LINKS" page is BMI calculator to see if you are overweight. You could lose as much as 60 pounds in 3 months.

http://www.phifoundation.org

ahngel
follow the food pryramid and have a daily excersice don't eat too much sweets :p. eat fruits and vegetable eat right depend on your stomach storage. hehehehehe

pink1957girl
Rating
It's a change of lifestyle or you will gain it all back, and more.

Safely - diet and exercise! However, that's not very fast. I lost about 30 over about 9 months by cutting back what I ate. No junk food, soda, etc...

Anything that is fast is probably not healthy. Pills don't work.

My husband did a medical diet called Optifast, through a doctor & a nutritionist He lost about 70 pounds in 6 months. It involves "shakes" 5 times a day. Your calorie intake is very low but you get everything from the shakes. NOTHING else is eaten.

miz trouble
Rating
Good old exercise and healthy eating. And if you drink regular soda stop. My fiance drank about 3-5 cokes a day and stopped and lost 30 pounds with no exercise or anything, it's really disgusting to know that soda made him fat, I'll never drink it again unless it's diet. I cut my calories to 1200-1500 a day and did a workout dvd 5 days a week and lost 10 pounds in about a month, I've now regained it due to a stressful situation I'm in but I've joined the gym and my trainer told me I'll see results in 2 weeks and feel and look different in 4-6 weeks, maybe join a gym it's great motivation and Golds gym are doing specials right now if there's one near you. Good luck.

Dozer
In one day you can loose 10 or more pounds in a sauna sweating it you. You need to stay in there until you fell like you are dieing. Wrestlers do it all the time. Now if you have 3 months start taking laxatives and you will pass most nutrition through your body and it will not be absorbed. These methods are very effective and won't fail you, But keep in mind very hard on your body and unhealthy. If being heavy is who you are, then submit and be yourself. Questing for the perfect body will fail you as we all get old and die.

Mim
stop eating and increase the exercise I think you could lose 2 stone

organbuilder272
The fastes way is starvation. That will do wonders. It will also cause you a lifetime of physical problems. So - There is no fast way but there is a right way. First, control your diet. That is the most important. Second do serious exercize to burn off the fat.

Starvation will result in loss of muscle so that is not the way to go. You want to lose weight but also remain healthy.

Swimming, cycling, weight training, gymnastics, tennis - all are good ways to get rid of fat.

Remember that once formed, fat cells never go away, They just shrink or inflate like balloons. Once you get the weight off, you must still watch the diet or it will come right back.

Dani
Eat whatever you want.... in moderation. I have five small meals a day. Everything I eat is on a salad plate or in small bowl. No simple carbohydrates or anything made with white flour. Just lean protein, beans, whole fruits , vegetables, nuts, and dairy. I do not eat after 7:00 PM. Watch your alcohol intake. It's high in calories.

It works for me !!!

Ashley
try the Special K cereal diet. It works and its not that expensive

meg
Rating
i dont know how much you want to lose,someone else asked a simular question last week,sble or pouch your eggs he was very please as she had lost 2lb in 4 days,first cut out the junk food,then eat 3 small meals a day try putting it on a smaller plate,grill instead of fry,scramble or poach your eggs,i lost 1 and half stone in 3 weeks i know i is a lot and you can put theweight back on quicker but i didnt put it back on,i used to eat yogurt every day[low fat]cut out fizzy drinks and have unsweatened fruit juice,to many salads can be boreing,but you can have chicken and small jacket potatoe,if cut out the cakes,buiscuits,chocolate,you can have a treat,you dont have to starve yourself at all,because most things in moderation,if you get hungry inbetween have a yogurt or nibble on nuts or fruit,drink plenty of water to fill you up because most of the time we eat and were not hungry we just need a drink,talking about drink if you do cut that right down,i always had my sunday dinner with the puds,i never went to the gym run upstairs instead of walking up infact keep running up and down,if you do this you will lose a lot in 3 months,dont go without food as you can put weight on,around 1200-1300 cals a day,women need 2000 men 2500cals[cut out the saturated fats]
hope this helps you,my hubby has lost over a stone with doing this
good luck

destiny
Rating
you don't want to lose to fast it will come back and then some more........ eat about 1200 calories a day and exercise for about 20 a day good luck, i know i have been off and on a diet most of my life

Boogie
Lipo is not the answer to lose weight fast. You don't see the results for a minimum of 6 months. Drink lots of water and exercise. You can also try the cabbage soup diet or the master cleanse diet. A lot of celebrities do those to lose weight fast.

Red Sunshine 27
Diet and exercise is the kep to successful weight loss. Sure you can try to lose pounds fast but research shows that a 1-2 pound weight loss per week is the safest and surest way to keep the pounds off for good.
Good Luck!

♥Lady Dior♥
Rating
Eat healthy and exercise.

qwertyuiop a
eat ONLY when you are hungry
exersise after meels and regularly. if you work out and do streangth training when you are out of breath (anarobic) you loose weight faster. the reason you should not eat after 6 pm is becacse after you eat, you cannot rest, watch tv or sleep; you need to, atleast exersise a little so that you burn of the calories that you just ate.
eat healthy foods that are low in sugar and fat. and never eat after you become full.

ilysm_hottie
Rating
Eat Healthy! Never think eating less helps. If you eat 2,500 calories a day your body will get used to burning 2,500 calories a day. If you only eat 1,000 calories it will only burn 1,000 calories. Oh and dont over excersise!

kaminegg
Rating
Fast ways are often dangerous.

You could lose massive amounts in 3 months with the right plan and motivation-- three months is plenty of time.

First step see a doctor. Tell him you are going to do a radical weight loss program and want to do so safely.

Second step: Get your metabolism up and keep your caloric intake down. Exercise and eat at least enough to keep your body out of starvation mode. Eat foods that are low cal per weight-- carrots and celery spring to mind because I like them. Any food that is a lot of water, because you're going to eat the same weight/ bulk every day, so fill up on good stuff! Chew, chew, chew-- 30 crunches per small bite.

And to lose water weight DRINK MORE WATER! Don't make your body think it needs a Camel's hump, keep your radiator filled with water.

Use hypnosis-- even if it just means relaxing and thinking about how you will feel when you have a 32 inch waist!

And don't listen too much to people like me-- get an expert!

opinonated little firecracker
wrap urself in plastic wrap. haha.
jk.
there's no healthy short cut. don't think of it as a diet. think of it as a lifestyle...

denastimms
Rating
Stop eating by 6 pm...let you body digest everything...Exercise like mad too but no eating after 6.

The Squirrel Cage
I lost 45 pounds in 5 months time.

No soda pop of any kind, not even diet. Cut down on alcohol. Eat smaller portions of anything. Drink more water, especially when you are sitting in front of the TV, lol. Moderate exercise, walk or take a bike everywhere you can. Weigh your food. Eat healthy meats and salads, like green leaf lettuce and dark colored veggies.

Good luck.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy